Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Post Why I still think N'Zoth could be "Death".

This is my first Post so please dont be to hard on me.

So heres why I still think N'Zoth could be the the god of death on Azeroth, is therefore linked to the shadowlands and even the one who was whispering to Vol'jin to name Sylvanas Warchief.

And my main reason...is his card in hearthstone.
    Now dont dismiss this immediately, just think about it.
    1. His cards effect is to raise minions from the dead. In my opinion thats a pretty specific effect in comparison to the other old god cards.
    And who did he raise back to life in Patch 8.2? Thats right, Azshara!
    2. N'Zoths cards line when you play him is: "I taste the essence of your soul."
    Well in my opinion talking about souls and stuff sounds pretty much like something a god of death would do. But maybe thats just me.

I know this might be absurd to most people but I just cant seem to get this out of my head.
    And maybe I just dont wanna accept the fact that my boi N'Zoth is going to be 4Dchessed by some edgy emo elve.
    Last edited by Farasos; 2019-09-30 at 08:24 PM.

Not to mention his personal tagline, "All eyes shall be opened."

He talks a lot about an 'awakening' too.

Nope, totally wrong. "He will serve death too" remember sylvannas words..........

Maybe he's faking as being a God of Death? You know, he's the one who uses deceptions to achieve his goals.

True!
    Didn't even think about that

Quote Originally Posted by carlos9949 View Post
    Nope, totally wrong. "He will serve death too" remember sylvannas words..........
    Could easily be part of the trick he is playing on Sylvanas.

I don't think so.

Xal'atath is out of the Blade of the Black Empire and it wouldn't surprise me if Sylvanas and Xal'atath (remember that the blade found its way to Sylvanas) struck a bargain that after Xal'atath helped put things in motion to free N'Zoth, her goal was to do to N'Zoth what was done to her...which is to capture N'Zoth in the Blade of the Black Empire. Also, N'Zoth couldn't be put into the Blade while in prison. So freeing N'Zoth may have been part of a long term plan to imprison him in the Blade.

The Blade would be stronger with N'Zoth in it than it was with Xal'atath in it.

It would be a stronger wep for Sylvanas to ultimately use in the service of Death.

It looks to me that there's a longer game. N'Zoth thinks it's about to be over and I think he's about to be punked and have the same look on his...um..."face" as Azshara did when he "reclaimed" her after she lost to us.

Quote Originally Posted by Mackeyser View Post
    Xal'atath is out of the Blade of the Black Empire and it wouldn't surprise me if Sylvanas and Xal'atath (remember that the blade found its way to Sylvanas) struck a bargain that after Xal'atath helped put things in motion to free N'Zoth, her goal was to do to N'Zoth what was done to her...which is to capture N'Zoth in the Blade of the Black Empire.

Yet, N'zoth purposefully left the dagger for Sylvanas. Unless the idea is that he wanted it to be used to bring the Alliance/Horde to Nazjatar so they could free him, AND didn't count on Sylvanas keeping it after, it kind of looks like he knows it'll be used to absorb him.

Quote Originally Posted by Mackeyser View Post
    I don't think so.

Xal'atath is out of the Blade of the Black Empire and it wouldn't surprise me if Sylvanas and Xal'atath (remember that the blade found its way to Sylvanas) struck a bargain that after Xal'atath helped put things in motion to free N'Zoth, her goal was to do to N'Zoth what was done to her...which is to capture N'Zoth in the Blade of the Black Empire. Also, N'Zoth couldn't be put into the Blade while in prison. So freeing N'Zoth may have been part of a long term plan to imprison him in the Blade.

It would be a stronger wep for Sylvanas to ultimately use in the service of Death.

It looks to me that there's a longer game. N'Zoth thinks it's about to be over and I think he's about to be punked and have the same look on his...um..."face" as Azshara did when he "reclaimed" her after she lost to us.
    I was thinking about this whole "Putting N'Zoth in the blade" thing too.
    I dont think that should be possible. For me it just wouldnt feel right.
    The Titans had to imprison the old gods on azeroth because they were too big and powerful to just destroy as we've seen with Y'Shaarj.
    So I dont think there should be something as simple as a dagger to be able to absorb a whole old god.

I dunno.

N'Zoth's goal wasn't to deal with the dagger. Xal'atath struck a bargain that SHE could bring him the artifacts that could be used to free him. His goal was freedom from his prison.

I think separately that Sylvanas and Xal'atath worked together to free N'Zoth because Xal'atath wanted to be free and Death wanted N'Zoth free to be put into the dagger.

That's what I'm seeing... I do think that Death is gonna be something other than N'Zoth... Pyromancer thinks that it'll be the Titan Argus. I dunno about all that.

I do agree with him that I think Death is something else... bigger than a Loa or Wild God or even Old God.That leaves Titans.

We'll see soon enough.

LOL, it's not Argus. Argus was the Death Titan the same way the others are themed after different aspects of magic.

He just so happened to be the Death Titan as a way of foreshadowing that Death stuff would be the next important plotline in WoW.

I doubt it. They seem to moving the overall WoW story in the direction of 6 cosmic forces. Death largely becoming its own larger force beyond just the Scourge.

5+ Year Old Account
    That would be too twisty for Blizz writing. But I would watch out for Knaifu

Quote Originally Posted by carlos9949 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Shaqthefat View Post
    Could easily be part of the trick he is playing on Sylvanas.
    This was my logic as well. If everyone is currently amazed at Sylvanas "4 dimensional chess moves" then it could be only fitting that she gets completely checkmated when she realizes that N'Zoth and Death are the same "person". It would be fitting to match Azshara's oh shit face when she realized her plan was toast and N'Zoth had outplayed her.

Sylvanas mentioned the Hungering Darkness and that's definitely the Void, one way or another.

Furthermore, Jaina, Thalyssra and Lorthemar confirmed that the magic Sylvanas used was something new and mysterious. That statement alone proves that it wasn't Death magic, since these characters are familiar with the Scourge.

My theory is that Sylvanas is being manipulated by a greater Void-related entity and will attempt to outsmart N'Zoth. I believe she will end up bargaining with N'Zoth and turn into Kerrigan, along with the raised and loyalists - forming the new Dark Rangers with a bit of Old God flavor.

Quote Originally Posted by deviantcultist View Post
    Sylvanas mentioned the Hungering Darkness and that's definitely the Void, one way or another.

Furthermore, Jaina, Thalyssra and Lorthemar confirmed that the magic Sylvanas used was something new and mysterious. That statement alone proves that it wasn't Death magic, since these characters are familiar with the Scourge.
    Death magic =/= necromancy.

I'd love it if he was, he felt so underutilized.

nzoth is a parasite sent here by void lords, he is not native of the planet, how did he become a god of death? who even called him that?

even that clown yogg saron dubbed himself the "god of death". Irrelevant titles if you're a swatting immigrant coming from galaxies away

Sylvanas specifically says nzoth will serve Death too

so short answer, no

Death is a fundamental force in the universe, co-equal to the void. N'Zoth is manifestation of the void flung out into the universe by the Void Lords in search of planets who still possessed sleeping titans in them.

N'Zoth is not the god of death. He is a magnificently powerful void creature.

Quote Originally Posted by Farasos View Post
    I was thinking about this whole "Putting N'Zoth in the blade" thing too.
    I dont think that should be possible. For me it just wouldnt feel right.
    The Titans had to imprison the old gods on azeroth because they were too big and powerful to just destroy as we've seen with Y'Shaarj.
    So I dont think there should be something as simple as a dagger to be able to absorb a whole old god.
    Well, except, as it turns out, Xal'atath was on Old God, too and was imprisoned in the blade but the other 4 Old Gods, N'Zoth, C'thun, Y'Shaarj and Yogg-Saron. Ghuun came later as a titan experiment.

So... we know the blade is capable of containing the essence of an Old God. We know Y'Shaarj and Ghuun are no more.

We'll see. Honestly, I haven't been this interested in the lore in quite awhile. I find this cosmology quite interesting.