Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Thrall's powers

Is he still shaman? If yes, why he dont duel Sylvanas instead Saurfang

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by darkoms View Post
    He is still a Shaman, yes. And he doesn't duel Sylvanas because it was not his fight, and he felt Saurfang needed to do what he did to make the statement that he made. In this instance, Saurfang could do what even Thrall could not, because he was uniquely positioned to do so and more intimately connected to what was going on within the Horde at this time.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    He is still a Shaman, yes. And he doesn't duel Sylvanas because it was not his fight, and he felt Saurfang needed to do what he did to make the statement that he made. In this instance, Saurfang could do what even Thrall could not, because he was uniquely positioned to do so and more intimately connected to what was going on within the Horde at this time.
    So you have proof that Thrall again has the powers of a shaman? Did he show it somewhere?

So you have proof that Thrall again has the powers of a shaman? Did he show it somewhere?
    Just because he lost the powers doesn't make him not a Shaman. He's just an extremely weak Shaman. But his class is still vary much Shaman.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence. Until the story positively confirms that Thrall no longer has his Shamanic abilities, it's a given that he's still a Shaman. Even in Legion, after losing the Doomhammer, he could still use Shamanic abilities (which he does during the quest in Deepholm). He also uses Shamanic power during the Battle of the Broken Shore.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence. Until the story positively confirms that Thrall no longer has his Shamanic abilities, it's a given that he's still a Shaman. Even in Legion, after losing the Doomhammer, he could still use Shamanic abilities (which he does during the quest in Deepholm). He also uses Shamanic power during the Battle of the Broken Shore.
    I know this very well, but since then he did not prove himself to be a shaman, in the Legion he transferred his place to the hero and did not help against the demons, in Bfa he never used the Elements.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    I know this very well, but since then he did not prove himself to be a shaman, in the Legion he transferred his place to the hero and did not help against the demons, in Bfa he never used the Elements.
    He doesn't have to "prove himself a Shaman," he's done that many, many times over now. All he did in Legion is relinquish the Doomhammer and his role as leader of the Earthen Ring to the Champion - that doesn't make him no longer a Shaman, though; no more than giving up the role of Warchief removed his Shamanhood. Following the death of Garrosh and the events of WoD he decided to retire, and as he states in 8.2 he did so because he felt he had done everything wrong - not because he lost his powers as a Shaman. He may very well not feel as though he's entitled to make use of the Elements, currently; but that's a decision on his part and not any kind of demonstrated limitation. Thrall is laboring under some serious depression currently, and that has been shown to interfere with a Shaman's powers as well - but that can also be overcome, and Thrall has done so before (in Cata and in "Twilight of the Aspects").

I think tirion said in the book with him and that orc, cant remember his name, but you cant take the light away from someone who is devout, and i assume that applies to the elements, although the elements can be fickle if need be he can still use his powers but he wont go down the dark shaman path and force them to do his bidding, thrall was never a warrior, but he will always be a shaman.

being a shaman isn't about displaying power, or even being able to actually command the elements(though that tends to be a major part).

it's knowing the art of speaking to the elements, the ritual and practice of shamanistic teachings. if a shaman has lost favor with the elements and can no longer wield them, that doesn't remove their knowledge of how to speak with them and other things shaman do.

He doesn't have to "prove himself a Shaman," he's done that many, many times over now. All he did in Legion is relinquish the Doomhammer and his role as leader of the Earthen Ring to the Champion - that doesn't make him no longer a Shaman, though; no more than giving up the role of Warchief removed his Shamanhood. Following the death of Garrosh and the events of WoD he decided to retire, and as he states in 8.2 he did so because he felt he had done everything wrong - not because he lost his powers as a Shaman. He may very well not feel as though he's entitled to make use of the Elements, currently; but that's a decision on his part and not any kind of demonstrated limitation. Thrall is laboring under some serious depression currently, and that has been shown to interfere with a Shaman's powers as well - but that can also be overcome, and Thrall has done so before (in Cata and in "Twilight of the Aspects").
    Thrall says: Doomhammer... it was like a dead weight in my hands. The elements were silent. It has been this way since I used it to slay Garrosh.
    The elements were silent.
    elements were silent
    I don't know how he use stone bridge on Broken Shore, but Thrall dont use shaman abilities from Legion

She wouldn't accept challenge from Thrall. She only accepted challenge from Saurfang because, per his own words, she wanted to make him suffer. She holds no grudge against Thrall though. She also knew she would win easily. She wouldn't accept a duel which she could lose.
    Quote Originally Posted by Friendlyimmolation View Post
    When an orc eats an orc, two orcs rip out of the orcs stomach, they eat each other and a brand new orc walks through the door, and then his chest explodes and 20 full grown orcs crawl out of his body. They then eat each other and the bodies until there are 3 orcs left. The mystery of the orc reproduction cycle.

10+ Year Old Account
    Thrall says: Doomhammer... it was like a dead weight in my hands. The elements were silent. It has been this way since I used it to slay Garrosh.
    elements were silent
    I don't know how he use stone bridge on Broken Shore, but Thrall dont use shaman abilities from Legion

How about you ask Blizzard? Jesus, you don't seem very interested in actually discussing it, you keep saying no to everything you hear. Your mind seems made up.

The elements abandoned him, he abandoned us, who gives a crap what he calls himself.

10+ Year Old Account
    Actually on the point of Thrall losing his powers in WoD, was it ever confirmed that it was just the Elements on Draenor that he fell out of favour with or was it mentioned that it was the same with Azeroth's elements as well? Although I don't see why it would happen if the latter was true.
    Elune: "My sister needed Anima so I let my favoured people die. What is this 'Maw' you speak of?"
    Daily reminder that Steam has never had a monopoly on PC Gaming, don't mistake age and popularity for domination.
    Because people don't understand words: Forced and Necessity

7+ Year Old Account
    He is a powerless shaman, i only remember him using weak powers in Legion, before losing the hammer.

2 explanations, one, he lost the hammer and also cannot use the shaman power anymore, or two, he can still only do weak magic like in Legion

Both options would not help him in the fight, like people said, it was Saurfang fight

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by BillTheButcher View Post
    How about you ask Blizzard? Jesus, you don't seem very interested in actually discussing it, you keep saying no to everything you hear. Your mind seems made up.
    ...This. It's why I refrained from commenting personally.
    @Aucald I'm sure you figured that out on your own as well. S/He clearly has no interest in having an actual discussion.
    ...Ok, time to change the ol' Sig ^_^

This time I'll leave you the Links to 3 of my Wordpress Blogs: 1. Serene Adventure 2. Video Games 3. Anime Please subscribe if you like what you see. As a Bonus, I'll throw in my You Tube channel =D

Imho it's pretty useless to discuss that, Blizzard has the habit to nerf/boost characters without any background (or with a very shallow excuse) so what the point? They boosted him to an aspect level and then nerfed it with an equally retarded bs excuse, same goes for nearly every hero/villain.
    Quote Originally Posted by caervek View Post
    Obviously this issue doesn't affect me however unlike some raiders I don't see the point in taking satisfaction in this injustice, it's wrong, just because it doesn't hurt me doesn't stop it being wrong, the player base should stand together when Blizzard do stupid shit like this not laugh at the ones being victimised.

Quote Originally Posted by bufferunderrun View Post
    Imho it's pretty useless to discuss that, Blizzard has the habit to nerf/boost characters without any background (or with a very shallow excuse) so what the point? They boosted him to an aspect level and then nerfed it with an equally retarded bs excuse, same goes for nearly every hero/villain.
    He got the spotlight during Cataclysm, then every Alliance player spammed the Blizzard forums moaning about "Green Jesus". Soon enough Blizzard caved in and he got taken out of the picture almost entirely.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    elements were silent
    Thrall is only briefly in Legion, and after the acquisition quest for the Doomhammer basically disappears from the action (not unlike Jaina herself, or the rest of the Horde and Alliance leadership). He also doesn't need actively need the Elements to use Shamanism - he has powers intrinsic to him gathered from his connection to the world itself, and the Elements still obviously answer his Calls (as they do at the Broken Shore) even if they aren't exactly speaking to him. Much of the supposed "silence" of the Elements is likely Thrall's own emotional state interfering with hearing them - he had a similar problem back in Cata, which was all part and parcel of the "Twilight of the Aspects" novel. He had to learn to quiet his own emotional turmoil over the death of Cairne and the plight of the Horde in order to reconnect with the Elements on a spiritual level. Killing Garrosh on Draenor, as well as his involvement (and implicit guilt) as concerns what Garrosh had done and the loss of life it involved, weigh heavy on Thrall's conscience as depicted by the 8.2 cut-scene at Thunder Bluff with Baine and Saurfang.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Aurabolt View Post
    ...This. It's why I refrained from commenting personally. Aucald I'm sure you figured that out on your own as well. S/He clearly has no interest in having an actual discussion.
    I like to give people the benefit of the doubt where I can, but if one's mind is concluded on a specific matter there's not much that can really be done to change their minds on it, I suppose. Thrall may well be barring himself from Shamanism, or on the Elements' collective shit-list in some way (though I think it's more likely the problem is in his own head), but even if either of those things were true he'd still be a Shaman.

Quote Originally Posted by BillTheButcher View Post
    Sounds like a perfect candidate for the "Sylvanas did nothing wrong" club.
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex86el View Post
    "Orc want, orc take." and "Orc dissagrees, orc kill you to win argument."
    Quote Originally Posted by Toho View Post
    The Horde is basically the guy that gets mad that the guy that they just beat the crap out of had the audacity to bleed on them.
    Why no, people don't just like Sylvie for T&A: https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...ery-Cinematic/