Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Classic Blink is superior to Retail blink in every way imaginable.

Has anyone else noticed that the way classic handles blink is simply better in every way? You don't get stuck on entrances, you can blink midair and not just teleport downwards but rather get ahead. You can even blink to some extent up on hills. It just feels way better and responsive and does what it should, teleport you FORWARD. On retail, blinking before stairs: Can't get up, makes no fucking sense. Cave entrance: NOPE, can't teleport through an OPEN entrance, no fucking sense. I hate it so much now that I have blink in Classic. How did they manage to make Blink so bad compared to a 15 year old version. It's unbelievable.

Herald of the Titans Kuni Zyrekai's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Considering I just Blinked up the stairs and into Snug Harbour Inn, can't relate.

Quote Originally Posted by Qnubi View Post
    Has anyone else noticed that the way classic handles blink is simply better in every way?
    Possibly because the classic terrain is less detailed, not just in appearance - but in pathing.

I have a very simple solution to both Classic and Retail blink .... when you blink, the system keeps track of how far you moved. The cooldown is reduced by the distance you didn't travel.

So if you didn't move at all, no cooldown.

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

Has anyone else noticed that the way classic handles blink is simply better in every way? You don't get stuck on entrances, you can blink midair and not just teleport downwards but rather get ahead. You can even blink to some extent up on hills. It just feels way better and responsive and does what it should, teleport you FORWARD. On retail, blinking before stairs: Can't get up, makes no fucking sense. Cave entrance: NOPE, can't teleport through an OPEN entrance, no fucking sense. I hate it so much now that I have blink in Classic. How did they manage to make Blink so bad compared to a 15 year old version. It's unbelievable.
    you can blink twice in retail that is far superior plus i have had no issue blinking up stairs on anything on retail.
    STAR-J4R9-YYK4 use this for 5000 credits in star citizen

I have not experienced the things you mention as you have. I never played mage in vanilla, but I have had one since Cata. I feel that ultimately, I have just as many headaches with Blink in classic as in BFA. When I blink in air, it's a mixed bag on whether I will down, forward, or just restart my fall at the point of blink. When I blink on bump, I sometimes go nowhere. Anecdotal data is anecdotal, but for me, I don't see it being better or worse.

On another note, some things are the same reason charge functions differently compared to retail. Some things have been adjust to prevent certain abuses or silly things (i.e. warriors scaling insane slopes with charge).

Quote Originally Posted by schwarzkopf View Post
    Possibly because the classic terrain is less detailed, not just in appearance - but in pathing.

I have a very simple solution to both Classic and Retail blink .... when you blink, the system keeps track of how far you moved. The cooldown is reduced by the distance you didn't travel.

So if you didn't move at all, no cooldown.
    so a no cd stun break xD
    This isn't the same company. They are not in touch with the playerbase, they are hellbent on profit, and yea companies deserve profit, but not at the cost of the health of the game, and they became their own worst enemy. WoW was special not because of vanilla, bc, or wrath. No nostalgia here. It was special because of Blizzards involvement with the community, which is all but lost now. They changed everything into the least possible communication with the community.

Quote Originally Posted by nexellent View Post
    so a no cd stun break xD
    Not at all, if you don't move - then nothing happened. And if you manage to find the exact right spot to stand and wait to be stunned such that you only move 1 yard - then good for you.

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

You mean blinking to exactly where you are or blinking backwards? Yeah, that was.... great. Or something.
    @thwart <- don't click this and learn his shame
    Newsflash: 2016 Thwart would hate 2019 Thwart! Definitely don't click this either!

We see you.

Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    I am absolutely a jerk, a complete cunt. But I encourage you to rise above.

I think it has more to do with the fact that Blizzard are way more fancy nowadays with their terrain, while in olden days it was pretty much flat ground everywhere with little decoration.
    I'd say the Blink spell hasn't changed that much, if at all, over the years, except for Shimmer and Glyph of Momentum.

3+ Year Old Account
    I got every single issues you mention happening to me in classic on a daily basis, at the exact same places it did in vanilla 15 years ago, and the same places that still exist in retail.

Why?

Because the skill has not changed in 15 years.

No idea what your post is about, either troll or lies or disconnected from reality, either way, it's the opposite of fact statement.

Shimmer didn't exist, so this just isn't true!

I'd say Shimmer is too good. Blink mid-cast is really powerful.

I just wish after 15 years they'd fix it so you don't blink 1 ft sometimes.

Have you actually tried using Blink on retail, or are you just doing the usual song and dance performed whenever someone toots the horn of Classic...?

And I love my ability to blink in the direction that I'm moving rather than always forward, just saying.

Quote Originally Posted by ronkkrop View Post
    I just wish after 15 years they'd fix it so you don't blink 1 ft sometimes.
    THIS. 15 years later, still annoying.

Quote Originally Posted by Araitik View Post
    I think it has more to do with the fact that Blizzard are way more fancy nowadays with their terrain, while in olden days it was pretty much flat ground everywhere with little decoration.
    I'd say the Blink spell hasn't changed that much, if at all, over the years, except for Shimmer and Glyph of Momentum.
    They made blink less... dumb, I suppose you could call it. Blink reads terrain better, so you don't get stuck if you try to blink and in front of you there is terrain that's higher than the surrounding area by one pixel.
    Cheerful lack of self-preservation

Quote Originally Posted by Vnni View Post
    I'd say Shimmer is too good. Blink mid-cast is really powerful.
    Forget the power, this is one place where the fantasy is just way to freaking badass too! Charging up a fireball or ice bolt and then you teleport around your opponent *twice*! Like out of an anime. It just feels so epic every time.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Queen of Hamsters View Post
    Have you actually tried using Blink on retail, or are you just doing the usual song and dance performed whenever someone toots the horn of Classic...?

And I love my ability to blink in the direction that I'm moving rather than always forward, just saying.
    You know what else is better on classic? The backpack. Those 16 slots are special, I'm telling you!

As a Mage since those days, I call this fake news.

15+ Year Old Account
    ....have you even used blink in classic?

or a mage ever?

Blink's always been sketchy.. in retail it's really much better.. sorry if you don't understand your talent, and maybe inscription choice...