Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account
    knowing how blizzard ditch features after the expansion end im thinking we will not see allied races or new races so soon, prob not until 10.0

even in the expansion they are featured we didn't get any in 8.2/8.2.5 and there is no info about getting more on 8.3 besides player speculation.

and how many years to finally get the worgen and goblins remodels after other races?

I think 8.3 might see the last of allied races and beyond that the AR system will likely be ditched in future expansions. In 8.3 we may see mechagnomes/vulpera and that's it. If another set of ARs were to pop up then I'd imagine it'd be for Worgen/Undead (the only main races left who would not have a sub-race available)
    Blood elves are our high elves - Chris Metzen

With the horde/alliance going soft on eachother with peacechief anduin leading the unifaction, i could see all the horde allied races becoming options for alliance.
    I guess it could be the same with the ally ones too but i think they have reasons for being unhappy with the horde.
    'allied race' being a title seems redundant when they are just new races unless they serve some other purpose, and i figure them being neutrally recruitable should be fine in most instances, like there isnt any reason a highmountain tauren would be opposed to joining the good guys, or a single nightborne hitting it off with the night elves more than the horde. Zandalari and kul tirans would be exceptions.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by bloodmoth13 View Post
    With the horde/alliance going soft on eachother with peacechief anduin leading the unifaction, i could see all the horde allied races becoming options for alliance.
    yes, the zandalari would sure become an option to the faction that killed their

Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    yes, the zandalari would sure become an option to the faction that killed their
    Zandalari and kul tirans would be exceptions.
    Guess you didnt finish reading?

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes they will definitely be adding more reskinned races, its 1/10th the effort and same reward for Blizz.

I'd be surprised if they ever add actual races again.

Honestly i am happier with getting 6 races added this xpac than in cata where we got goblins. i dont care for goblins (not their fault) and having them take a new race slot that could have gone to another race i cared about sucked.
    This also gives me hope in getting more races i actually want to see that didnt justify a full addition, like forest trolls or mok'nathal.
    Unless you are alliance and you just got glowy versions of existing races...

Sure hope so.

I cant stand the though about not every core race having a AR.
    Its like when a picture hangs slightly off-center and it would kill me

I think I might try to start a riot or boycott if we don't get Vulpera. I think Blizzard should go full stupid with Vulpera tinkers in mech-suits. And before anyone says that's too stupid, need I remind you that we already have alien legion space ships, interdemensional space goats in crystal ships, orcs in giant mecha-robots(hellfire citadel), crystal tech golems, along side steampunk aiships and helicopters, and goblins making literal contracts with elementals in order to be a "shaman".

Pull out all the stops blizzard. Do it!

10+ Year Old Account
    They should add Mechagnomes for the Alliance and the rest of the troll tribes for the Horde.

The tribes can be like the Mag'har Orcs. Technically one race but with with unique skins for sand, ice, and forest trolls.

Quote Originally Posted by Redwyrm View Post
    I was under the impression (however wrong it could be) that each current race would get a corresponding "Allied" race counterpart.

If this is the case then the ones missing would be

Undead - ?
    Gnome - Mechagnome
    Goblin - Vulpera
    Worgen - ?
    Pandaren - ?
    That was my impression too. Also that we will probably get ~2 new allied races on each side with each expansion.
    You could say that the HM Tauren, Suramar Elves and the Alliance counterparts were the two races of Legion. Zandalari and Brown Orcs the 2 races of BfA. So we probably get 1 race per faction with the next expansion pre-patch (2 if we are extremely lucky) and 1 once the expansion launched at some point.
    If big blue will ever release a whole new race again at some point, we will probably get no other allied race in that expansion, as development costs and time are bigger yada yada yada ect.
    From a developer viewpoint, allied races are a cheap, fast and easy solution to cater new content to people and keep them entertained.
    MMO-Champion Forum
    noun

1. a place where people who stopped playing World of Warcraft 10 years ago gather to tell those who still enjoy the game, how bad it is right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    With whats going on lorewise, this really brings up the question of allied races. You see, with 8.2, the question was brought up to Blizzard. They said that if the story for it made sense, we may see more allied races recruited. Well, now, would it ever make sense again?

Lorewise, what would be the point? I am wondering what everyones thoughts are on this since it really does seem like they've put themselves into a hole for these.
    It will 100% be underwater goblins for Horde and Jinyu for Alliance. For 9.0 preoreder. Just to force Nazjatar rep grinds on players. Mechagnome race for sure. May be it will be something like Mechagnomes for Horde and Lightforged Undeads for Alliance? Not sure about Vulperas and Sethraks. Both would require Voldun rep grind, so I don't know, how Alliance would get one.

I don't care about Wow 11.0, if it's not solo-MMO. No half-measures - just perfect xpack.

Quote Originally Posted by glowpipe View Post
    Don't really see why not. Add a new cool race and people will race change, thats a given. Thats money in the bank for activi$$ion

Might not necessarily be a allied race Can be neutral races like the pandaren
    Yeah they're tremendously popular, and they're easy to indirectly monetize so I can't see any reason for Blizz NOT to do them.
    Twas brillig

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by bloodmoth13 View Post
    Guess you didnt finish reading?
    i did, but they are still allied races whatsoever, they would not do "exceptions"

why the maghar and dark iron would go the opposite faction too?
    Last edited by Syegfryed; 2019-10-01 at 05:58 AM.

I think we get Vulpera, Mecha-gnome and Tortollan as playable races. Tortollan would be a Pandaren alternate race. What Shadowlands lore will they give us for Undead and Worgen is the big question. I guess Lightforged Undead which is wack AF!

Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    i did, but they are still allied races whatsoever, they would not do "exceptions"

why the maghar and dark iron would go the opposite faction too?
    Both were neutral at some point....
    oh wait no they werent, ok thats my bad, i had the whole 'both factions saving draenor' thing in my head all wrong. Thorium brotherhood also isnt moria and shes part of the hammer club.

They dont go neutral either then.

anyway, i dont even want more neutral races, pandaren were a mistake and so is the faction friendship.

Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    It will 100% be underwater goblins for Horde and Jinyu for Alliance. For 9.0 preoreder. Just to force Nazjatar rep grinds on players. Mechagnome race for sure. May be it will be something like Mechagnomes for Horde and Lightforged Undeads for Alliance? Not sure about Vulperas and Sethraks. Both would require Voldun rep grind, so I don't know, how Alliance would get one.
    Literally no one wants water-goblins. Wtf.

Sethrak....a lot of people do want this. But their heads are entirely incompatible with existing gear, requiring special models for every single piece. Retrofitting every helmet in the game for the past 15 years isn't going to happen. Sorry snek-bois.

Mechagnomes are almost a certainty.

LF Undead would be VERY easy for Blizz to do. They already have Deathknight skins and models for most races.

I wish they would would just redo the entire Allied Race system so that it would fully encompass all sub-races, for real, where my Taunka and Krokul at?

10+ Year Old Account
    I believe at least one pr. main race.
    So, Undead, Gnome, Goblin, Worgen and Pandaren are missing.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..