Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by shaunika123 View Post
    no power word shield

I mean, by no means is priest the only healer that's viable for spellcleave
    but it's clearly the best, and it's not like there's a shortage of priests.
    I just wanted to understand if there was something special about Rshaman that made them literally "ineligible" for spellcleave of if was just about priests being better at it. As a Holy paladin, I've done plenty of spellcleave and yes, priests have a much easier time but I am in no way incapable of doing it.

Quote Originally Posted by Sezh View Post
    I just wanted to understand if there was something special about Rshaman that made them literally "ineligible" for spellcleave of if was just about priests being better at it. As a Holy paladin, I've done plenty of spellcleave and yes, priests have a much easier time but I am in no way incapable of doing it.
    it's just a combination of the supply of priests being probably enough for the demand of spellcleaves.

and Rshamans are mandatory for melee cleaves :P

they're not REALLY ineligible.
    however, they'll have a hard time finding a group

Main is a 60 priest and I leveled it lets say the normal way, questing and doing each dungeon 2-3 times for quests and an item here and there.
    I wish the spellcleave tactic was more mainstream from the start but its all good.

I have a 40 mage with witch i gladly join in spellcleaves or any other combo to dungeon grind, as the OP mentioned, most players that played this game since 2004 have leveled countless toons on various expansions and just like me, are sick of the leveling part of the game and dont have that much free time to dedicate themselfs to experiencing the journey.

On topic, although priests are prefered healers,whenever i do dungeons i just pick whoever is willing to heal and dont really care about the setup as long as we move at a steady pace, grouped with 2 warrs 1 mage 1 druid,warr lock rogue shaman healer, didnt matter things died at a steady pace without deaths or wipes

Uplifting your own opinion or prefered way while spitting on others' and then saying "to each their own" is incredibly disingenuous.
    I mean , I accept other people's opinions even if I don't agree with them, which is more than I can say about the majority of the people here.

Quote Originally Posted by wholol View Post
    I mean , I accept other people's opinions even if I don't agree with them, which is more than I can say about the majority of the people here.
    Why bother say anything, that's what I wonder... Nobody asked for your opinion. Nobody cares if you accept their opinion or not. It's not a "please let me know what you think" kind of thread. And it's not like anybody is implying any of their opinions on you, so why bother implying yours on us??? You're special? Is that it?

Quote Originally Posted by Eldarius View Post
    Hi OP, Currently playing a resto shaman at cap so i can answer some of these fro you.

1) Melee cleave works best as a resto shaman usually with 4 other warriors. I've done plenty of successful melee cleaves with quite a few rogues in too.
    2) Maraudon at that level is better than people say. Plus pre-raid BIS shield drops on one of the bosses for resto.
    3) Pull 5-6 mobs at a time maximum unless one of the warriors has a shield equipped and tanking, then anything up to 10 mobs is fine for me to heal.
    4) I've healed every dungeon up to cap with melee cleave successfully with full healing gear and mostly enhance talents. Enhancement down to improved weapon totems, then resto to Natures swiftness.
    Could I have a link to your talent setup for the cleave thing?

Quote Originally Posted by Greengrim View Post
    Why bother say anything, that's what I wonder... Nobody asked for your opinion. Nobody cares if you accept their opinion or not. It's not a "please let me know what you think" kind of thread. And it's not like anybody is implying any of their opinions on you, so why bother implying yours on us??? You're special? Is that it?

You started this thread and asked for opinions, how can you say nobody asked for your opinion? mind boggling... or you don't like hearing things that you don't agree with ?

I'm not claiming I'm special at all, I just love challenging people who blindly follow the status quo , especially people who feel triggered over menial things on the internet for no reason.

Like I said, it comes across as incredibly disingenuous when you say "People who do things differently than me are lazy and suck at the game so they want everything to be easy. My own superior mind enjoys a more challenging and engaging experience" and then say "To each their own".

You started this thread and asked for opinions, how can you say nobody asked for your opinion? mind boggling... or you don't like hearing things that you don't agree with ?

I'm not claiming I'm special at all, I just love challenging people who blindly follow the status quo , especially people who feel triggered over menial things on the internet for no reason.
    Brother, you are completely lost... Where in the actual F did you see me ask for opinions? I opened the thread, said what I want to do, and asked for more specifics EXCLUSIVELY in regards to what must be done in this composition.

And please don't go down the "I was just pushing your buttons" road. You look lame enough already...

Why are you automatically ineligible to join spell cleave groups as Rshaman?
    No shield for the Locks Eye.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by BoltBlaster View Post
    Why would you join cleave groups in first place? I just ignore very few such groups that I see (and players that form such runs) and having lots of fun.

Please keep retail mentality in retail.
    I initially thought the same thing, then actually joined one of these groups and as Warlock the pulls depend on how good you are with the eye and how well you are at not dying to AOE, I have had some of the most fun doing the Cleave groups in classic. 3 Mages a Lock and Priest is amazing and you level stupidly fast doing it.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Why would you join cleave groups in first place? I just ignore very few such groups that I see (and players that form such runs) and having lots of fun.

Heh, he thinks fast cleave groups are a retail thing and haven't been around forever.

Like I said, it comes across as incredibly disingenuous when you say "People who do things differently than me are lazy and suck at the game so they want everything to be easy. My own superior mind enjoys a more challenging and engaging experience" and then say "To each their own".
    How did you get to that from what I said? I'm not generalizing , I'm specifying. People who search to level via cleaves are lazy, it's like saying someone who wants to take a cab to move 2 blocks instead of walking is lazy, it's not like i'm trying to assert my dominance.

Brother, you are completely lost... Where in the actual F did you see me ask for opinions? I opened the thread, said what I want to do, and asked for more specifics EXCLUSIVELY in regards to what must be done in this composition.

And please don't go down the "I was just pushing your buttons" road. You look lame enough already...
    You specifically said and I quote "To my (turbo-casual) understanding as a Resto Shaman I am automatically ineligible to join the primary meta", which is precisely what my original answer was replying to, the one you ignored.

I was trying to tell you that you do not have to listen to your "guildies' opinions" , being a turbo-casual player and all that. You can level however you want and clear dungeons without following a specific meta, and cleave comp xp spams are not as efficient as people would have you believe, only a full caster cleave who knows how to speed clear using their aoe can outpace some specific xp/lvl questing areas.

Melee cleaves cannot outpace caster cleaves and as such I would not recommend you brainlessly try to emulate what very few people succeeded in doing via the cleaves, and that would be outpacing the herd and getting ahead of the curve, which is obviously something you no longer have to worry about since the herd has already dispersed and a lot of people are done with the leveling process.

It is also fair to contemplate that while you waste time attempting to setup a group, which could take you up to 30 mins given the scarcity of tanks, you could have done quite a lot of quests along the way.

There is also a misconception to consider , as you are now beyond the level recommended for dungeon cleaves. As xp dropoffs are a thing, the optimal levels and dungeons to spam cleaves are SM: lvl 29-32 (GY), 32-35 (lib), 35-38(armory), 37-40 ( cath), ZF: 45-49, you can expect xp drop offs at the outlier and beyond that, after that you generally stop cleaving because once you hit ungoro and higher level zones the xp/hr is very good from questing alone and dungeon xp cannot compete with that at that level.

Anyway, my original point was since you are a casual player ( as you've stated yourself), i found it strange that you felt compelled to have to do cleaves instead of questing , because we're all playing classic for a reason and although I have nothing against how someone wants to play the game,I find it odd that people try to avoid the experience of questing and roaming about in the world given that it's a such a big part of what makes classic what it is.
    Last edited by wholol; 2019-10-01 at 01:58 PM.

Becuase it's the best and fastest way to do the content?
    Whats "retail mentality" anyway? Is classic mentality being bad at the game or just making things harder for yourself for no reason?

How did you get to that from what I said? I'm not generalizing , I'm specifying. People who search to level via cleaves are lazy, it's like saying someone who wants to take a cab to move 2 blocks instead of walking is lazy, it's not like i'm trying to assert my dominance.
    Lazy is a negative word, so you you are judging their way of leveling, simple as that. And you're stating your opinion as fact.

I disagree completey fyi. Healing spellcleave dungeons is stressful, it's dangerous and a single mistake means wipe. Just going out to level, watching clips while flying, killing 70 pirates for 25 hats - that's relaxed and casual gameplay that requires absolutely nothing from me.

Lazy is a negative word, so you you are judging their way of leveling, simple as that. And you're stating your opinion as fact.

I disagree completey fyi. Healing spellcleave dungeons is stressful, it's dangerous and a single mistake means wipe. Just going out to level, watching clips while flying, killing 70 pirates for 25 hats - that's relaxed and casual gameplay that requires absolutely nothing from me.
    If you want to tell me that you like the colour blue then I will not argue with your preferences, but when you try to tell me that blue is better than other colours because everyone says so, or because it's a more artistic preference then you are opening yourself up for arguments.

Just because you find something hard doesn't mean it applies to everyone else you know. There's also something else to consider, you might be having a hard time because you're covering up for most of the party's mistakes.

I've healed dungeons while leveling too so I know the point you're trying to bring across , I find that it's often the case when you're trying to heal sub-optimal players that make a mess of everything, tanks who cant actually tank and take too much damage/barely holding threat and dpsers who go too hard and aggro things left and right, it makes healing such parties a pain in the nut but in such cases said parties are often too busy doing their own thing than trying to clear the dungeon at a relatively efficient pace.

Good parties are such a breath of fresh air that you rarely have to break a sweat since everyone knows how to coordinate properly, these are the groups that end up having good xp/hr because they're disciplined and know exactly how to not fuck up the pace, which is why I'm against cleave groups in general, unless you have an actual good group it's not really any more efficient than questing but force of habit ( to not call people lazy) or we can call it the "meta" makes people want to seek cleaves even if it ends up being horribly less efficient.

Because my dear friend, I am no longer 15 years old, with all the time in the world.
    Congratulations on turning 16, friend.

And before you ask me in your agressive and rude manner, why am I having the audacity to post in your holy thread - just looked like an interesting topic. Came for knowledge, kept reading for drama.

Shame OP managed to muster enough manners for only a couple of semi-mature posts.

Because (to my understanding) the Priest is a must in this comp. First of all due to Fade and lower threat generation talents. Secondly because of shield which prevents casting pushbacks. And lastly because of Sooth (or whatever the F it's called) with which you avoid uncomfortable packs.

First of all I genuinely don't give a flying F what you avoid or what you take deep inside. Secondly, I'm willing to join such groups because I like to be efficient - it's my way of having fun. And third, don't tell me what to keep and where. The last one you may take as a quality of life advice, and use it in general with everybody - you will live a better life that way.

Because my dear friend, I am no longer 15 years old, with all the time in the world. In fact, I can spare just about 2-3 hours per day on weekdays, so when I consider the ridiculously slow pace of Classic, I just kinda want to be efficient.
    Level 46 Shadow Priest that successfully heals AoE groups in SM and ZF. Fade can help, but mostly it's about PW: S to help protection the Mages as they round things up or to help push back on Blizzard if a mob gets too close and they want to finish the Blizzard before CoC/FN. Fade or any threat reduction is not really needed if the Mage's are doing things right.

A Shaman should be able to handle healing these AoE groups as well, the Mage's will just need plan the pulls slightly different, possibly not as big. Unless there's a Warlock in the group doing the eye pulls, then it won't work w/o a PW: Shield on the eye.

Quote Originally Posted by Tang0 View Post
    Congratulations on turning 16, friend.

And before you ask me in your agressive and rude manner, why am I having the audacity to post in your holy thread - just looked like an interesting topic. Came for knowledge, kept reading for drama.

Shame OP managed to muster enough manners for only a couple of semi-mature posts.
    I did not ask for "mentality" activists and needless butt-ins to come and ruin the thread - as you can see other people have stomped on them too, not just me. Or you're from the people who only read the 1st few posts and think everything is clear as day to them. Maybe read a little more carefully and you would know why I stepped on some people who completely deserved it.

Anyway, it's exactly because of needless comments (also yours) in here that I editted the initial post with feedback from the experience I managed to obtain with the comp.

Have a nice evening...

If you want to tell me that you like the colour blue then I will not argue with your preferences, but when you try to tell me that blue is better than other colours because everyone says so, or because it's a more artistic preference then you are opening yourself up for arguments.

Just because you find something hard doesn't mean it applies to everyone else you know. There's also something else to consider, you might be having a hard time because you're covering up for most of the party's mistakes.
    Great, you just wrote down my criticism of your post yourself. We're on even ground then.

Great, you just wrote down my criticism of your post yourself. We're on even ground then.
    Cool.