Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Schizoide View Post
    Horde should absolutely be allowed to use the mount, once an alliance character on the same account gets it.
    It's gotta ...sting doesn't it cause you can't ride bee mount for horde. You can just .... buzz off.

Quote Originally Posted by Deiae View Post
    like the alliance has to play horde to raid and m+ increasingly over the past years.
    ...which is merely a kneejerk player reaction to slight advantages in racials a few expansions ago.

Quote Originally Posted by AlmightyGerkin View Post
    It's gotta ...sting doesn't it cause you can't ride bee mount for horde. You can just .... buzz off.
    Oh look, we have a god of humor here.

Wait, so horde can't use the bee mount at all?
    I thought that once your alliance char got it, you can use it on your horde toons. (I actually got 8 alliance toons, but that's irrelevant).

Quote Originally Posted by Trollokdamus View Post
    Oh look, we have a god of humor here.
    Kneel before my many bee puns mortal.

Quote Originally Posted by AlmightyGerkin View Post
    Kneel before my many bee puns mortal.
    I would, if you didn't tell random people to "buzz off".

Quote Originally Posted by Trollokdamus View Post
    I would, if you didn't tell random people to "buzz off".
    If you think that than you’re unbeeliveable

Stop crying you gut damn hords. Man up, I had to level a hord and do a lot of grinds on him in BFA, so get going.

PS, faction exclusive mounts I dont think counts as +1 for achives etc.
    Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/djuntas ARPG - RTS - MMO

They definitely count, but Blizzard has been very careful not to give either faction an advantage in mount counts... until now.

I play both horde and alliance and I like flying Kuofon on my alliance characters. Every non-racial/PvP mount should be cross-faction the same way.

It is what it is. Maybe Horde will get an even better mount in 8.3 and then all Alliance players will cry.

But yeah, as Alliance, I think this should have been available to ride on Horde once you acquire it as Alliance. Not sure what they were going for here, it's not like people will reroll their mains for a bee mount, no matter how much they love bees. Maybe it's just a simple error.

So regarding the Bee events... I did my first one today and was basically told The Strategy is, if you are under 430 ilvl, don't attack anything as you slow down the event. Tag the boss guy at 10%

I can't know if this is actually true, it didn't work in this case, 3rd boss ran away at 25%

Not to put too fine a point on it, but this is shit design that people even THINK this is the way to do this encounter. Absolute garbage.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zyrinx View Post
    So regarding the Bee events... I did my first one today and was basically told The Strategy is, if you are under 430 ilvl, don't attack anything as you slow down the event. Tag the boss guy at 10%

I can't know if this is actually true, it didn't work in this case, 3rd boss ran away at 25%

Not to put too fine a point on it, but this is shit design that people even THINK this is the way to do this encounter. Absolute garbage.
    Others probably tagged stuff when they shouldn't. Basically each person attacking a mob makes the hp scale, below a certain ilevel (and dps output) a player tagging causes a detrimental effect on the event. The timer for the event means that if you are either bad ilevel, or are tagging as a tank or healer, you are just slowing it down for everyone. If your DPS isn't great, aim to tag at like 5% or so because there is a delay in the hp scaling coming into effect. You don't even need to be tagging everything in the whole event, i've joined late as a tank and hit the mob with like 50k hp remaining and still got 14 jellies.

I can one hit most of the none "boss" mobs with a glacial spike on my main, but when multiple people start hitting it and quadrupling the hp when they don't have the dps to keep up with the scaling it just means it takes longer to kill.
    Speciation Is Gradual

Quote Originally Posted by Zyrinx View Post
    Yes, please believe elitist players that tell you not to play the game.

Rares have scaled with the number of attacking players since the Timeless Isle, I think. Another player attacking (or healing attackers) doesn't even add 100% of the base health.
    Maybe if you know you don't do much DPS (fresh maxlevel, healer spec, RL distractions) you can make your own decision to only tag at lower health percentages. Otherwise, the effect will be minimal even if you do shitty DPS, and that's relativized even more by the number of other players attacking the mob.

Quote Originally Posted by Lollis View Post
    Others probably tagged stuff when they shouldn't. Basically each person attacking a mob makes the hp scale, below a certain ilevel (and dps output) a player tagging causes a detrimental effect on the event. The timer for the event means that if you are either bad ilevel, or are tagging as a tank or healer, you are just slowing it down for everyone. If your DPS isn't great, aim to tag at like 5% or so because there is a delay in the hp scaling coming into effect. You don't even need to be tagging everything in the whole event, i've joined late as a tank and hit the mob with like 50k hp remaining and still got 14 jellies.

I can one hit most of the none "boss" mobs with a glacial spike on my main, but when multiple people start hitting it and quadrupling the hp when they don't have the dps to keep up with the scaling it just means it takes longer to kill.
    I know everything in this post. I understand how scaling works.

It's horribad design of an encounter and nothing could possibly convince me otherwise.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    I play in an RP realm where we have no one focused on such elitist bullshit and in most events I've been in we consistently get past wave 15 (best was wave 19)
    Just play the game.
    That's great to hear, actually.

The stings and arrows of outrageous fortune.
    Meanwhile, back on Azeroth, the overwhelming majority of the orcs languished in internment camps. One Orc had a dream. A dream to reunite the disparate souls trapped under the lock and key of the Alliance. So he raided the internment camps, freeing those orcs that he could, and reached out to a downtrodden tribe of trolls to aid him in rebuilding a Horde where orcs could live free of the humans who defeated them so long ago. That orc's name was... Rend.

Quote Originally Posted by Nathanyel View Post
    Yes, please believe elitist players that tell you not to play the game.

Rares have scaled with the number of attacking players since the Timeless Isle, I think. Another player attacking (or healing attackers) doesn't even add 100% of the base health.
    Maybe if you know you don't do much DPS (fresh maxlevel, healer spec, RL distractions) you can make your own decision to only tag at lower health percentages. Otherwise, the effect will be minimal even if you do shitty DPS, and that's relativized even more by the number of other players attacking the mob.
    This is the only rare that I know of that has such a tight timer that world scaling generally makes it impossible for anyone below 430 to not be an active hindrance on the encounter. In fact, it's the only world encounter with any sort of timer, at all.

Bad. Design.

The horde attacking mobs to end the event early is hilarious.

PVPFOREVA!

Yep, the people saying that are basically correct, and yes it is bad design. World content should not get harder with more players contributing.

i prefer this bumblebee as a mount

Quote Originally Posted by Schizoide View Post
    Yep, the people saying that are basically correct, and yes it is bad design. World content should not get harder with more players contributing.
    I even understand the intent: 40 people v. 1 Mob that doesnt scale _at all_ would be bad design as well (it'd basically be trying to tag Nalak before he explodes in 1 GCD).

It's just WAY overtuned, so people have to resort to having people do nothing... to speed the encounter. If it was tuned for like ilvl350 DPS, it'd be just fine. I expect they'll adjust it to be honest.