Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Is Classic negatively affecting your retail raiding guild?

Talked to a group of old guildies last night who had formed a guild about two years ago. Great players and are top 200-250-ish US consistently while having a pretty minimal raid schedule. But it seems their retail guild is having issues with attendance issues due to burnout from Classic WoW. Half of their officer core would rather play/raid in classic then retail and members are not logging in during their retail raid times causing major attendance issues. And their recruitment officer just told them that he'd rather just play Classic now.

Is this happening to any other retail guilds you're in?
    Last edited by Chingylol; 2019-10-01 at 02:23 PM.

Yeah - my raiding group was wiped out by Classic, we were almost getting Ashvane heroic down - but then Classic stole a stack of key players.

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

10+ Year Old Account
    I stopped playing retail. My former guild has attendance problems, yeah. Not sure if it's because of Classic.

All of my friends who were playing BfA are in classic and not going back lol.

Classic is very good filter for casuals and bad players.
    The Man in Black: “They come. They fight. They destroy. They corrupt. It always ends the same.”
    Jacob: “It only ends once. Anything that happens before that is just progress.”

We only loose one member. We are just a AOTC guild so is not a problem still have like 18-20 player login for the weekly clear in 2 hours with alts. Like 10 people tried classic only like 3 are still playing it. Also a few players subscribed again to play classic and haven't login in retail but we loose them in past tiers.

A guild I joined in Classic came from Retail, they were playing Retail when Classic came out and decided to make the move to Classic. Part of another retail guild joined them as well which has put a damper on the Retail guilds left behind. Seems to me more are coming over but that is just antedotal and not fact, I really do not know for sure but it sure seems to be the case. People are really enjoying themselves in Classic. The PVE server I am on in Classic (Mankrik) is high. The markets of both will sort themselves out.
    ** When you realize the person you're talking to is so clueless that they think you're the idiot **

My friend list is full of Classic WoW players and just a few of retail ones. Initial launch hype has died away already, so I assume it will be a stable trend from now on.

Last time checked guild online where i am there was on retail 2 and 30 was on classic online

BFA killed my guild in general long before Classic so I can't say Classic was the reason. But I can say that almost everyone on my friends list exclusively plays Classic now with maybe 2 people still on Retail. I myself have logged into BFA once to see the war campaign and immediately logged out with no plans of going back.

Quote Originally Posted by Grogo View Post
    A guild I joined in Classic came from Retail, they were playing Retail when Classic came out and decided to make the move to Classic. Part of another retail guild joined them as well which has put a damper on the Retail guilds left behind. Seems to me more are coming over but that is just antedotal and not fact, I really do not know for sure but it sure seems to be the case. People are really enjoying themselves in Classic. The PVE server I am on in Classic (Mankrik) is high. The markets of both will sort themselves out.
    I too am on Mankirk (Horde), love that server.

Quote Originally Posted by Willhouse View Post
    Classic is very good filter for casuals and bad players.
    Indeed - classic is much less about skill, and more about just what to watch on Netflix while you are levelling.

You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaito92 View Post
    sry but i cant keep laughing
    That's very bizarre - most people generally can't keep laughing, I'm sure it would be bad for you.

Nope.

Worst thing that has happened is one guy was playing Classic and didn't notice it was raid time so we had to call him out to switch to retail.

Classic gameplay is mostly not raid, so serious raiders will still raid in retail. My bet is most guilds that died due to Classic weren't serious raiding guilds to begin with.

Quote Originally Posted by Khallid View Post
    weren't serious raiding guilds to begin with.
    A vast majority of raiding guilds aren't serious raiding guilds.

Quote Originally Posted by schwarzkopf View Post
    Indeed - classic is much less about skill, and more about just what to watch on Netflix while you are levelling.
    Did you mean retail? You literally have to go out of your way to die while leveling in retail.

It didn't just killed my raiding guild... it killed my guild. They've all moved over

Quote Originally Posted by Chingylol View Post
    Talked to a group of old guildies last night who had formed a guild about two years ago. Great players and are top 200-250-ish US consistently while having a pretty minimal raid schedule. But it seems their retail guild is having issues with attendance issues due to burnout from Classic WoW. Half of their officer core would rather play/raid in classic then retail and members are not logging in during their retail raid times causing major attendance issues. And their recruitment officer just told them that he'd rather just play Classic now.

Is this happening to any other retail guilds you're in?
    Yup, but jokes on you as I had already quit. Wow classic was the final nail.

Either way moon's haunted so won't be my issue for a good while.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaito92 View Post
    sry but i cant keep laughing
    Actually funny as hell, stuck on HC and talks about skill LUL

No. Anyone who even mentions missing a raid for classic gets put in pillories and dragged through Orgrimmar while people laugh at them.