Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by eschatological View Post
    Well, that's just like, your opinion, man.
    Opinions are like buttholes, they all stink

I'll stay south of the Mason-dixon line, yall can have all that snow.

Just as an interesting side note: our preseason game isn't on TV tonight, but the Sabres are streaming it on their own personal website. Maybe check to see if the Stars will do that as well.

I find it interesting the NHLPA didn't choose to re-open the CBA today. Re-opening the CBA would have risked a lockout next season, but there's shit players want done, like changes to ELCs and RFA status. Plus, there's an argument to be made that they have leverage against owners currently. With Seattle coming in after next season, new gambling stuff about to come in, and negotiations for national TV coverage coming up, owners want to avoid a lockout at all costs until all those things are settled. Now they will. The CBA is automatically extended to 2022.

Quote Originally Posted by Puupi View Post
    They should raise the age limit to 20. The draft would make more sense and it'd be more fair to the teams and the draftees.
    Hughes gonna overtake Kakko this season (pointswise), I just gotta ask are your for friendly bet to who does better...already got infracted for defending dogs, so I'm all for asking even though it's prob against the rules. Finland a'int got shit /s . Lemme know, 42 games minimum for a safeguard.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RCA View Post
    Hughes gonna overtake Kakko this season (pointswise), I just gotta ask are your for friendly bet to who does better...already got infracted for defending dogs, so I'm all for asking even though it's prob against the rules. Finland a'int got shit /s . Lemme know, 42 games minimum for a safeguard.
    1. I don't gamble.
    2. Why would I bet in favor of Kakko?

Kakko has the same issues as Puljujärvi (although Kakko has some actual talent). He isn't smart and doesn't know English. Unless his English drastically improves quickly I don't see him making it big in the NHL.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

Stood in the Fire Texan Penguin's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Just as an interesting side note: our preseason game isn't on TV tonight, but the Sabres are streaming it on their own personal website. Maybe check to see if the Stars will do that as well.

I find it interesting the NHLPA didn't choose to re-open the CBA today. Re-opening the CBA would have risked a lockout next season, but there's shit players want done, like changes to ELCs and RFA status. Plus, there's an argument to be made that they have leverage against owners currently. With Seattle coming in after next season, new gambling stuff about to come in, and negotiations for national TV coverage coming up, owners want to avoid a lockout at all costs until all those things are settled. Now they will. The CBA is automatically extended to 2022.
    It was apparently available via radio... In St. Louis. But I did catch the game against the Wild on FSSW+. Pretty solid match. Why did the two guys start punching each other, though? I know hockey is notorious for fights but I didn't see much to provoke one.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    The season starts on Wednesday! Woohoo! Hockey's back mofo's.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rennadrel View Post
    The season starts on Wednesday! Woohoo! Hockey's back mofo's.
    I am excited- it’s my first real hockey season!

Sabres don't open til tomorrow night, but man, it's gonna be a long season for us judging by how the Leafs looked tonight.

10+ Year Old Account
    Shit, I hope Comeau’s ok. I thought he got slashed by a skate with how much blood there was. Been a hard first period for Dallas...

Edit: Damn, now Polak? Big yikes.
    Last edited by Texan Penguin; 2019-10-04 at 02:43 AM.

With the Sabres 3-1 win over the Penguins, we've won our opener for the first time since 2012.

Hockey's back, yay.

10+ Year Old Account
    Thought last year might have been a fluke or exasperated by injury, but it sure looks like Jonathan Quick is terrible now.
    /s

10+ Year Old Account
    Well I finally got to sit down and watch the Caps/Stars game last night and it was impressive. Not just because Dallas got their first W of the season, but because it was against an undefeated team and because it was honestly the first, maybe the second time they really played worth a damn if you count the game against Detroit- which I feel like they might have won had they not gotten into that 5-on-3 at the end.

I can understand that being down three players due to really bad injuries is rough, but they've really needed to get their shit together and vs. the Caps was them finally shaking off the dust.

Also, no spoilers for Calgary. Going to watch tonight after work.
    Last edited by Texan Penguin; 2019-10-11 at 03:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Admiral Bobblehead View Post
    -snip-
    FWIW, we're playing an afternoon game against your Stars today. First time I'm gonna see the Stars this season.

10+ Year Old Account
    FWIW, we're playing an afternoon game against your Stars today. First time I'm gonna see the Stars this season.
    Why so early...? I forgot to DVR the game so I’ll catch the 2:00 AM replay on FSSW. Still two games behind though.

Also, do they usually play this many games per week or is it different this season?

3-4 is pretty normal in a week. It's 82 games over 180ish days (October-March), so it's like almost 1 every other day.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Admiral Bobblehead View Post
    Why so early...? I forgot to DVR the game so I’ll catch the 2:00 AM replay on FSSW. Still two games behind though.

Also, do they usually play this many games per week or is it different this season?
    It was so early because today is a holiday in the U.S., and the day after Canadian Thanksgiving, so it counts as a weekend schedule, so there's day games like on Saturday.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RCA View Post
    Not looking good for Hughes at all. Probably AHL soon.
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

7 games in and plenty to go, we’ll see what happens in a hour as they have a game 1 pm est today. Both are tied at 1 point each if we were keeping track

- - - Updated - - -

Ops forgot to tag

- - - Updated - - -

1-0 win, courtesy of Jack.

Man, we've already played the Devils once this year, and didn't even notice Jack Hughes on the ice. I had to look back to see if he actually had any TOI.