Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Gadzooks View Post
    It would be incredibly expensive to scale the small team at Blizzard to one that could get a movie out in a reasonable time frame. They probably took as long to make ten minutes as it did ILM to do ALL of the Warcraft movie. The Blizzard cinematic team is very, very good, and they have knocked it out of the park for years now, but they simply don't have the resources or budget to scale to feature length stuff - and it would take them years.
    They're not doing anything close to what ILM had to deal with on the movie. ILM had a much harder task, they had to composite the CGI into pre-shot, live action plates. Matching the lightning and the camera moves, not to mention translating the mocap data into usable animation, and heavy additional work on the facial stuff, reacting to live actors, and all authored at at least 4K resolution. The movie had a $150 million budget. This cinematic probably cost a few hundred grand at most.

It's true that it would probably take Blizzard's small team way too long to make an actual movie, but to try to compare them to a professional visual effects company is pretty ignorant. A more apt comparison would be with Pixar, and it's pretty obvious that Pixar could easily make a CGI movie of this quality.
    Last edited by phattsao; 2019-10-01 at 02:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Stooned View Post
    Anduin, Genn and the Alliance are prominent in nearly all of them. Anduin literally walks to the walls of Org. with Saurfang and not Thrall. What the hell are you taking?
    You sir are completely missing my point, probably deliberately I might add.

Anyone with any modicum of sense can see all these cinematics are MAINLY about all horde characters. Literally all of them.

A very One sided fight

[All]Sylvannas:"I'm wrestling with some insecurity issues in my life but thank you for playing with me."

so what i get from 80% (maybe im been generous) ppl complain for complain about this cinematic

They've should've called this expansion Horde Adventures instead of Battle for Azeroth.
    Because there wasn't much battle. Alliance crumbled and Horde was steamrolling it all the time until they've decided to stop because their wachief was ... disrespectful?

Quote Originally Posted by Maxilian View Post
    I, actually, want this to happen, not because i dislike Saurfang, just to give more power to the danger that is "Death"
    what do you mean , saurfang spend a minute next to Anduin and was even gifted his touch and weapon , he was sent to paladin's paradise .

All that stand next to soy bo- i mean , our treasure , will bath in eternal light , something something .

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by naeblis495 View Post
    what do you mean , saurfang spend a minute next to Anduin and was even gifted his touch and weapon , he was sent to paladin's paradise .

All that stand next to soy bo- i mean , our treasure , will bath in eternal light , something something .
    Then have him in paradise... with a window view of his son soul being tortured for eternity.

Note: I'm sad that what you said is not a really "impossible", i mean... we have seen worse

Epic CGI and voice acting. Terrible decline of the Horde storyline. Sylvanas character arc is the only hope.

Quote Originally Posted by Khaza-R View Post
    Yeah that's not really how it works. Once they make the assets it becomes a lot less work-intensive for them to re-use them. That's why you see all the main characters repeated.

Its also no coincidence that every Forsaken model you see from the archers on the ramparts, to the assassins in Outland, to bannerbae are all females with a similar model.
    Yeah but this whole multiple cgi cinematics per expansion just started being a thing, so there isn’t really a precedent to make a judgement call like this, not that it doesn’t make sense you’re probably right. It’s just each cgi they’ve done in the past there weren’t any repeated characters, except the BC trailer intentionally using the Tauren and Human.

It was just so odd an expansion with a story being the huge faction war was reduced to featuring a few characters.
    Last edited by Al Gorefiend; 2019-10-01 at 10:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by korijenkins View Post
    It's a shame Blizzard poured money into this instead of the devteam struggling to fix the mess that was BFA's gameplay systems.

"Reeee the same people don't work on both!" No, but it's the same money, peasants.
    Wildly original format here. 11/10 trolling, great work!

Can't wait to kill sylv-anus- in the upcoming raid. Totally not Garrosh, totally.

But really, I can't wait for her to be farmed for a mount. Killing her over and over again for making the horde no better than the savages that desecrated Azeroth after the portal opened.

P.s. it's complete nonsense that Vol'jin was cast aside for Sylv-anus-. I hope we find out that it was her fault that Vol'jin dies and the entirety of the -true- horde hangs her for what she did.

Quote Originally Posted by Anastacy View Post
    Anyone else tired of Saurfang?
    Choosing between loyalty and betrayal, choosing between allies and enemies, trying to find a portion of dishonorable deed during the war - looks like kid.

I'm not Geeenpeace volunteer. Burn thy trees, don't even link it with Orgrimmar's sack or anything like this.

I doubt that my sight is shared with many. But I played only Horde side all these years, I never ganked an alliance player with low hp, so I'm keeping my sense of honour - and I don't understand why I should take a side against my warchief. But well, I don't have a choice so I'm just following alliance term of "honor".
    P.S. Neither I was happy to fight vs Garrosh.

Lok'tar.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Heavens Night View Post
    You sir are completely missing my point, probably deliberately I might add.

Anyone with any modicum of sense can see all these cinematics are MAINLY about all horde characters. Literally all of them.
    Yes, but your implication is that they only feature specifically Horde characters. Anyone with a 'modicum of sense' would realise that this is stipulating a narrative that engages the story between both sides of the faction conflict/4th War, and is working through those issues from the lens of Varok Saurfang, an individual who's moral compass and loyalty is tested by - it does this with Anduin, too and we understand the strife being suffered by the Alliance to an extent. I won't disagree that its Horde leaning but, as with my aforementioned point, this is a point of focus with a primary character and their journey with both sides.

Your petty issues with the story are problematic when you just look at the story as a faction issue. If you can't enjoy both halves of the story, then what is the point of playing the game and following its narrative. Ultimately the plot, wherever it focuses, reflects on the game's narrative and story as a whole.

I'm not missing the point, I just aggressively disagree with it. I'm not that banal and odious that I would deliberately miss the point.

Poq'yith mazzka awan ki uhnish'philfgsh

Quote Originally Posted by Stooned View Post
    Yes, but your implication is that they only feature specifically Horde characters. Anyone with a 'modicum of sense' would realise that this is stipulating a narrative that engages the story between both sides of the faction conflict/4th War, and is working through those issues from the lens of Varok Saurfang, an individual who's moral compass and loyalty is tested by - it does this with Anduin, too and we understand the strife being suffered by the Alliance to an extent. I won't disagree that its Horde leaning but, as with my aforementioned point, this is a point of focus with a primary character and their journey with both sides.

Your petty issues with the story are problematic when you just look at the story as a faction issue. If you can't enjoy both halves of the story, then what is the point of playing the game and following its narrative. Ultimately the plot, wherever it focuses, reflects on the game's narrative and story as a whole.

I'm not missing the point, I just aggressively disagree with it. I'm not that banal and odious that I would deliberately miss the point.
    Again, completely missing the point. There are massive plot points centered around major Alliance characters this exp, Jaina, Tyrande. But we don't get any of this story in gorgeous fully rendered cinematics, no we only get ones CENTERED around horde characters.

I don't care if you disagree quite frankly, you're wrong so it makes no difference. This is fact.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Heavens Night View Post
    Again, completely missing the point. There are massive plot points centered around major Alliance characters this exp, Jaina, Tyrande. But we don't get any of this story in gorgeous fully rendered cinematics, no we only get ones CENTERED around horde characters.

I don't care if you disagree quite frankly, you're wrong so it makes no difference. This is fact.
    I'm not missing the point, you are so dogged in your opinion you are unable to take on board different views. Re-read what I said, and you'll realize that I say I follow what you are saying and get where you are coming from but do not agree and cite evidence to that fact.

But hey, you do you and advance on the basis of incapability to look at the situation objectively.

Poq'yith mazzka awan ki uhnish'philfgsh

I'm mainly an Alliance player, but this had me seriously misty eyed. I loved they way he said "For Azeroth!" at the end.

Blizzard's cinematics just get better and better.
    Karma always has the last laugh.