Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Illidan Genji and Tyrande Symmetra Skins

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dlbOxoyYtag

oh look more cool stuff that can only be bought for 50 bucks and will never be released again
    "It's 2013 and I still view the internet on a 560x192 resolution monitor!"

Quote Originally Posted by NoiseTank13 View Post

oh look more cool stuff that can only be bought for 50 bucks and will never be released again
    First Blizzcon?

Currently playing Borderlands 1 remaster. Amped for Borderlands 3.
    Add me on the PSN for jolly-cooperation @ PuppetShoJustice

7+ Year Old Account
    i can imagine (and hear) the genji ult being "You are NOT prepared!"

The Illidan skin looks weird in the screenshot, but Tyrande looks pretty good.

Can't wait for the R34 on this...

does normal genji's face look that feminine?

they need to make a trap skin for him tbh.

Welp guess I'm getting a vticket.

While they look cool I'm not entirely ok with this. I don't think actual characters should be brought into OW from other games - references like Blackhand Doomfist are neat, it's clearly inspired by Blackhand but it's still Doomfist and not the orc. This is severely immersion-breaking to the point where suspension of disbelief won't work anymore. Should keep this sort of thing just in HotS imo.

But guess that's just me.

Quote Originally Posted by Twen View Post
    While they look cool I'm not entirely ok with this. I don't think actual characters should be brought into OW from other games - references like Blackhand Doomfist are neat, it's clearly inspired by Blackhand but it's still Doomfist and not the orc. This is severely immersion-breaking to the point where suspension of disbelief won't work anymore. Should keep this sort of thing just in HotS imo.

But guess that's just me.
    So, the dying countless times, fighting copies of yourself, joint forces between talon/OW and arbitrarily taking part in 6v6 combat over and over again is immersive?

Quote Originally Posted by Kharadin View Post
    So, the dying countless times, fighting copies of yourself, joint forces between talon/OW and arbitrarily taking part in 6v6 combat over and over again is immersive?
    This is about the setting and what fits, not game mechanics, and all that's always been part of the game - I did mention suspension of disbelief. WoW characters are part of entirely different franchise, they do not belong at all and go beyond the point where my SoD breaks. I even said references are cool but when it's the *actual* characters that are their own persons in their own world that's a bit much for me.

I don't expect you to agree, and good for you since it won't bother you. But further pushing will be moot, this is how my mind works and that's it.

10+ Year Old Account
    I guess his face looks a bit more fem than usual, but they are some sick
    looking skins.

That Tyrande skin is glorious

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by NoiseTank13 View Post

You can't be new to BlizzCon, can you?
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

I don't expect you to agree, and good for you since it won't bother you. But further pushing will be moot, this is how my mind works and that's it.
    Sounds to me like you are complaining for the sake of it.

Sounds to me like you are complaining for the sake of it.
    I was merely commenting on the given subject what I think of it, as you do on the forums (and then just answering to you since you took to it). There are no night elves in the world of Overwatch so they stand out as wrong to me. Quite the harmless opinion that you can simply ignore and enjoy the skins.

I was merely commenting on the given subject what I think of it, as you do on the forums (and then just answering to you since you took to it). There are no night elves in the world of Overwatch so they stand out as wrong to me. Quite the harmless opinion that you can simply ignore and enjoy the skins.
    Indeed, and I am voicing my disagreement, as you do on forums. There are plenty of skins for which you can argue that they don't fit in the world of Overwatch, but if you're suspending your disbelief enough to be immersed in the game anyway then these two skins are a drop in the bucket. If you're stretching your imagination this far, then just pretend Genji and Sym are cosplaying.

Indeed, and I am voicing my disagreement, as you do on forums. There are plenty of skins for which you can argue that they don't fit in the world of Overwatch, but if you're suspending your disbelief enough to be immersed in the game anyway then these two skins are a drop in the bucket. If you're stretching your imagination this far, then just pretend Genji and Sym are cosplaying.
    The thing about other skins is that they are still clearly the original character, this has been taken much further to the point they are made to look like actual Illidan and Tyrande - who are their own people - rather than Genji and Symmetra.

The thing about other skins is that they are still clearly the original character, this has been taken much further to the point they are made to look like actual Illidan and Tyrande - who are their own people - rather than Genji and Symmetra.
    I don't remember Illidan throwing shurikens or Tyrande firing laserbeams. Genji is mostly cybernetic, you can easily argue that these are just advanced prosthetics since the WoW characters exist in the OW world. It's cosplay on futuristic steroids.

Like I said if you're suspending your disbelief already to be immersed in the OW world it's not at all a stretch to continue doing so, unless you also take issue with a large african man becoming a swamp monster, or Pharah being a magical suit of armour. And if that's the case, your issue isn't with these skins it's with skins in general.

I'm a big fan of xover skins and my only gripe is that I'm gonna have to drop $50 to look like a badass while I play genji badly.

I don't remember Illidan throwing shurikens or Tyrande firing laserbeams. Genji is mostly cybernetic, you can easily argue that these are just advanced prosthetics since the WoW characters exist in the OW world. It's cosplay on futuristic steroids.

Like I said if you're suspending your disbelief already to be immersed in the OW world it's not at all a stretch to continue doing so, unless you also take issue with a large african man becoming a swamp monster, or Pharah being a magical suit of armour. And if that's the case, your issue isn't with these skins it's with skins in general.

I'm a big fan of xover skins and my only gripe is that I'm gonna have to drop $50 to look like a badass while I play genji badly.
    Using the wrong weaponry for how they look just makes it even worse to me. I've already explained the other skins don't bother me because the characters still look like themselves and not like some other person from a totally different world. These bother me in the back of my mind and I can not force it to feel otherwise. We are getting nowhere and will not agree on this, but that's okay so let's just stop going in circles. I'm happy for you that you're getting something nice and the majority appears to see things the same way you do, which was pretty much expected. Enjoy.

Using the wrong weaponry for how they look just makes it even worse to me. I've already explained the other skins don't bother me because the characters still look like themselves and not like some other person from a totally different world. These bother me in the back of my mind and I can not force it to feel otherwise. We are getting nowhere and will not agree on this, but that's okay so let's just stop going in circles. I'm happy for you that you're getting something nice and the majority appears to see things the same way you do, which was pretty much expected. Enjoy.
    They've already down warcraft crossover skins with DF and Zarya etc.

Why is this more of a problem.