Page 1 of 12
... LastLast

The BFA writing has been so bad i genuinely get angry

We begin with «Who attacked first» at blizzcon. They’ve villain batted the horde since the beginning of time, what a suprise they also attacked first... AGAIN. We could have had Jaina burning it down to frame the horde or have the alliance attack first for once but nooo...

No matter how much the Horde beat the Alliance they always just won anyway. Lordaeron plaguebombed and lost their entire army? Just summon jaina. She can suddenly remove blight and blast walls with a magic ship and teleport them anywhere.

Then they realised that their writers couldnt fucking write a morally grey story so they give the alliance straight up Purge squads to kill the Vulpera. Totally not out of character

Alliance didnt lose a single character while the horde lost 3, what a suprise

Sylvanas literally having the support of 99% of the horde and wins the mak’gora but they make her throw it the last minute because «We kinda writed outselves into a corner, time for plan B»

Fuck even Game of Thrones Season 8 is a literary masterpiece compared to this
    An'u belore delen'na

BfA's story is so bad I don't even bother discussing it anymore. What we actually get is a huge disappointment compared to all the elaborate theories fans have been coming up with.

"I dont like thing, therefor it's bad", every time game X releases the number of hobby writers crying wRiTiNg bAd increases in unmeasurable numbers, suddenly every "Gamer" is a high art Connoisseur, newsflash Warcrafts Lore is aimed at 12 Year old's since ATLEAST Warcraft 3 in substance.
    Last edited by Lorianus; 2019-10-02 at 08:47 AM.

I feel like the overarching war campaign is terrible. That said, I think the smaller, zone level stories have never been better. Even the overarching continent stories aren't bad, they're just overshadowed by how terrible everything about the war campaign (Which is the main focus) is.

Quote Originally Posted by Lorianus View Post
    "I dont like thing, therefor it's bad", every time game X releases the number of hobby writers crying wRiTiNg bAd increases in unmeasurable numbers, suddenly every "Gamer" is a high art Connoisseur, newsflash Warcrafts Lore is aimed at 12 Year old's since ATLEAST Warcraft 3 in substance.
    And of course, those defending it only have personal attacks against those criticizing it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex86el View Post
    "Orc want, orc take." and "Orc dissagrees, orc kill you to win argument."
    Quote Originally Posted by Toho View Post
    The Horde is basically the guy that gets mad that the guy that they just beat the crap out of had the audacity to bleed on them.
    Why no, people don't just like Sylvie for T&A: https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...ery-Cinematic/

You don't need much to tell if a story is trash, just look if it is consistent. If it isn't, then it is trash by default. Since consistency this time around is beyond atrocious that tells already more than enough.

Quote Originally Posted by Indres View Post
    We begin with «Who attacked first» at blizzcon. They’ve villain batted the horde since the beginning of time, what a suprise they also attacked first... AGAIN. We could have had Jaina burning it down to frame the horde or have the alliance attack first for once but nooo...

No matter how much the Horde beat the Alliance they always just won anyway. Lordaeron plaguebombed and lost their entire army? Just summon jaina. She can suddenly remove blight and blast walls with a magic ship and teleport them anywhere.

Then they realised that their writers couldnt fucking write a morally grey story so they give the alliance straight up Purge squads to kill the Vulpera. Totally not out of character

Sylvanas literally having the support of 99% of the horde and wins the mak’gora but they make her throw it the last minute because «We kinda writed outselves into a corner, time for plan B»

There were no purge squads. It was in beta and never made it to the live game. Even if it would be otherwise: sinve the vulpera allied with thw horde on more than one occasion, "death squads" would have been justified. However, it does not matter, because they never existed.

yes, but WoW story has never ever been good
    that includes vanilla (which didnt have much of a story), TBC and Wrath too

so I hope you bitched then too

have a nice day

P.S. I am talking about the major expansion-focus main (raids/cinematics) story .. some smaller stories/zones/quests have been good

They could hire the Last Jedi screenwriter and he still wouldn't ruin story this bad.

Well I'm still salty tirion died surrounded by a small army of paladins....blizz logic
    "I'm Tru @ w/e I do" ~ TM

I just need them to stop stringing the Sylvanas Mystery Box along for another five years. Enough. Give us clear motivations and build a story around that instead of having every most of the main plot revolve around a bunch of stuff that never gets answered.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    Quote Originally Posted by Combatbulter View Post
    You don't need much to tell if a story is trash, just look if it is consistent. If it isn't, then it is trash by default. Since consistency this time around is beyond atrocious that tells already more than enough.
    No you don't understand. Its expanding mind meme all over again. Only people on "inner universe" level posses ability to truly appreciate BFA writing.

We begin with «Who attacked first» at blizzcon. They’ve villain batted the horde
    Stop.

Yeah, they have. Since Warcraft 1.

Horde has always been the villains. They tried to redeem them with WC3, but even then Grom was going around killing humans without provocation. It was clear since then that the Horde will always be like that. Sorry, but Daelin was right.

Maybe you should have protested against a Warchief that hates all life. But instead what Horde players did was the complete opposite. They protested that they had to side with the "traitor" Saurfang and demanded that they be able to side with Sylvanas instead. That is what Horde players wanted and that is what they got.

The Horde is as evil as Horde players want them to be. Play Alliance if you wanna be good.

there is no way in heaven, hell, or on earth you are trying to oppose the original argument. this story has been atrocious.

even the 12 year olds think so.
    No sense crying over spilt beer, unless you're drunk...

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    People are allowed to like or dislike whatever they please - there is no objective truth when it comes to opinions. Discuss this topic civilly moving forward.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    People are allowed to like or dislike whatever they please - there is no objective truth when it comes to opinions. Discuss this topic civilly moving forward.
    whats your opinion on the matter?

do try to stay on topic, 007...
    No sense crying over spilt beer, unless you're drunk...

Quote Originally Posted by Life-Binder View Post
    yes, but WoW story has never ever been good
    that includes vanilla (which didnt have much of a story), TBC and Wrath too

so I hope you bitched then too

have a nice day

P.S. I am talking about the major expansion-focus main (raids/cinematics) story .. some smaller stories/zones/quests have been good
    Exactly. The overall story has always been bad, which the amount of retcons prove. I think the main reason it "worked" (less whining) previously was the simple "here's the bad guy, go kill it" approach Blizzard used initially. These days they're trying to tell some sort of engaging story, which makes it so much more obvious that it's barely coherent.

The smaller, less complex stories found in each individual zone still work well though, and have probably never been better than they are in BfA.

Man I really don't see how you open your complaint about bad writing with a suggestion of even worse writing. Despite the fetish for villain Jaina/Genn/Tyrande, that shit would have been so random. The bad writing in the burning of Teldrassil comes from shit like Sylvanas being able to handle Malfurion at all, Sylvanas appearing to get triggered over the word 'hope' to burn the tree, and Saurfang being super gung ho to kill the Night Elves in a new war until they do it the wrong way or something.

The story isn't good atm but as always I find myself stunned on how bad the things you guys want to happen instead really are.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Vargulf the Happy Husky View Post
    whats your opinion on the matter?

do try to stay on topic, 007...
    BfA hasn't been a great expansion, in my opinion - and while I don't consider it a total waste (as I'm able to generally find nuggets of enjoyment in pretty much any expansion's content) I think it's been a botched execution pretty much from the War of Thorns onward. I enjoyed the Blood Troll/G'huun story-arc, the Old God overarching story-arc, Drustvar, and Vol'dun. I consider the War Campaign pretty shoddy all in all, having started off on the wrong foot at Darkshore and concluding exceedingly quickly in 8.2.5 with a kind of heel/face jerk. Don't really have an issue with the overall direction or outcome, per se; but movement from A to B to C could have been much smoother and more detailed without relying on tired tropes or CW-style dramatics.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

7+ Year Old Account

i love how you say "wow they are so bad at writing" but then say "we could have had jaina burning it down to frame the horde"
    as if that isnt also the most shit writing ever, and biggest cop out, also like it wouldnt have these threads filled with angry people.

"The horde lost 3" wait what? what 3 people died?
    also pretending that both factions have to have the exact same thing happen to them is good writing?
    idk about you, but good writing is a real world, the real world does not go "oh hey our guy died, now we need to kill one of yours so its fair"
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content