Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    its just a shame that no blizzcon reward has any prestige since they made them all available digitally so easily.

the older blizzcon items will remain infinitely cooler to spot because of this.

I know blizz loves money and the digital tickets, and both times i went i drove 3000 miles so it isnt easy for me either, but it was a big mistake IMHO to offer the rewards digitally and not offer at least one ONLY in person

Quote Originally Posted by justandulas View Post
    its just a shame that no blizzcon reward has any prestige since they made them all available digitally so easily.

I know blizz loves money and the digital tickets, and both times i went i drove 3000 miles so it isnt easy for me either, but it was a big mistake IMHO to offer the rewards digitally and not offer at least one ONLY in person
    Don’t people who go get a goody bag with real items as well?

Quote Originally Posted by Eapoe View Post
    My understanding is NOT ANYMORE. Which is kind of lame. You want swag, BUY IT!

Quote Originally Posted by Eapoe View Post
    Not anymore, the swag they sell now is all for out of game anyway.

The old blizzcon items still hold 100x more value and are that much cooler to see because they were exclusive to those who attended. i drove 3000 miles from NC to CA for it twice so i know it isn't easy to make it out there, but the minute the blizzcon goods became digital they became nothing more than store bought pets/mounts and lack the cool factor of yesteryears blizzcons.

A murky, a blizzcon bear, even a grunty will have more value forever than ALL of these digital gifts from the last 10 years combined.

Disturbing that they think this kind of "reward" is supposed to draw people in to overspending on their glorified advertisement conference. Absolute joke. You'll all whinge about it but still purchase this, and thus such things persist.

7+ Year Old Account
    All that moves is easily heard in the void.
    Quote Originally Posted by MakeMeLaugh View Post
    I feel like blizz is pushing these new xmogs way too much, I expect to see silly sets on their store very soon.

World of FartniteXmogsCraft.
    TBH, that is pretty much all that remains of Retail anymore. Either get excited about the same gear that you already have with a higher magic number on it, or get excited about the Dress Up Sally mini-game with fashion accessories (pet and/or mount).

Not anymore, the swag they sell now is all for out of game anyway.

The old blizzcon items still hold 100x more value and are that much cooler to see because they were exclusive to those who attended. i drove 3000 miles from NC to CA for it twice so i know it isn't easy to make it out there, but the minute the blizzcon goods became digital they became nothing more than store bought pets/mounts and lack the cool factor of yesteryears blizzcons.

A murky, a blizzcon bear, even a grunty will have more value forever than ALL of these digital gifts from the last 10 years combined.
    But they would shit on us that can't travel half the globe for this convention.
    Mother pus bucket!

Quote Originally Posted by tankbug View Post
    But they would shit on us that can't travel half the globe for this convention.
    We can’t always get what we want in life. Isn’t the gift being only for those willing to travel better? As it makes the items exclusive and have more meaning and value.

The pre 2010 blizzcon items are cooler and more valuable to this day over it

I know how you feel my phobia is flying so I drove from NC both times. I have no regrets

By making the blizzcon goods available digitally for all, it not only cheapens the items beyond repair but also damages the crowd at blizzcon who would attend.

Personally, I won’t attend because it’s digital now and that’s a problem because there’s many people like myself who would’ve considered it if it was more exclusive and old school, but the way it’s set up now is meaningless and basically a store pet

7+ Year Old Account
    Pets with pets... genius!
    Argus in 2018 My prediction failed in part... But I'm still a Spacegoat

We can’t always get what we want in life. Isn’t the gift being only for those willing to travel better? As it makes the items exclusive and have more meaning and value.

The pre 2010 blizzcon items are cooler and more valuable to this day over it

I know how you feel my phobia is flying so I drove from NC both times. I have no regrets

By making the blizzcon goods available digitally for all, it not only cheapens the items beyond repair but also damages the crowd at blizzcon who would attend.

Personally, I won’t attend because it’s digital now and that’s a problem because there’s many people like myself who would’ve considered it if it was more exclusive and old school, but the way it’s set up now is meaningless and basically a store pet
    Well, if you feel someone living near the convention center should be able to flaunt his newly acquired items that he spent a 10 minute walk on, as much as you? Quite frankly, I don't get a virtual ticket for the rewards. Usually the mounts aren't that great, and I don't summon pets for any reason.
    Mother pus bucket!

Quote Originally Posted by tankbug View Post
    Well, if you feel someone living near the convention center could flaunt his newly acquired items that he spent a 10 minute walk on, as much as you? Quite frankly, I don't get a virtual ticket for the rewards. Usually the mounts aren't that great, and I don't summon pets for any reason.
    If someone lives need Anaheim so be it. But I had to drive 3000 miles so I appreciate that the items are exclusive or were

Now, it being digital, means the items are garbage and store pets and they don’t have any awe factor or hold value long term.

Take a single one of the pre 2010 blizzcon items and they have more value than all the digital blizzcon items combined

Sometimes, exclusivity is good

10+ Year Old Account
    Probably the best virtual ticket items I've seen when you include the wings. That being said, as cool as it is, I think having a full-body transmog outfit might be jumping the shark. A toy with a limited duration might be more appropriate, otherwise it seems like they're just saying "fuck it" with retail. Also, $50 is still so crazy, but I'm glad they at least included an extra WoW item and Overwatch skin.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by unbound View Post
    TBH, that is pretty much all that remains of Retail anymore. Either get excited about the same gear that you already have with a higher magic number on it, or get excited about the Dress Up Sally mini-game with fashion accessories (pet and/or mount).
    Yup, because people enjoying raid progression, pushing hard keys or geting higher in PVP ladder don't exist. It's just all about collecting butterflies.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dracullus View Post
    Yup, because people enjoying raid progression, pushing hard keys or geting higher in PVP ladder don't exist. It's just all about collecting butterflies.
    Sick irony is that the butterfly net doesn't even catch butterflies, feelsbadman.
    Speciation Is Gradual

7+ Year Old Account

funny how people like you rag on store mounts and pets all the time
    but suddenly want blizzard to force people to go to blizzcon to buy rewards.
    isnt that hilariously the opposite of what you say you want.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by unbound View Post
    isnt that literally classic...
    get excited for dress up sally gear with a higher magic number on it... and grind for fashion accessroeis mounts and pets
    crit and haste dont really exist in vanilla, so its not like getting gear will change your playstyle, you will also atack at the about same speedd, and samer style, just more damage
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    funny how people like you rag on store mounts and pets all the time
    but suddenly want blizzard to force people to go to blizzcon to buy rewards.
    isnt that hilariously the opposite of what you say you want.

- - - Updated - - -

isnt that literally classic...
    get excited for dress up sally gear with a higher magic number on it... and grind for fashion accessroeis mounts and pets
    crit and haste dont really exist in vanilla, so its not like getting gear will change your playstyle, you will also atack at the about same speedd, and samer style, just more damage
    Exclusivity is fine, and offering exclusive pets via a CE or blizzcon is totally fine with me, it's when the BEST mounts and pets become store bought options that its a problem and unfortunately, blizzcon has basically become one big expensive store bought pet.

Just got shot with the Turkey Shooter and called a clown for wearing the yeti mog. Feeling the love!

Quote Originally Posted by javierdsv View Post
    Last time I checked Sylvanas is still the in game Warchief, even when it comes to the achievements. So...
    Doesn't really matter when she ragequits because it's revealed she never actually cared about the Horde in the first place.

Like, what self-respecting Horde player would want to even have this around as a pet?

Total crap from Blizzard once again.

Quote Originally Posted by Theoris View Post
    Just got shot with the Turkey Shooter and called a clown for wearing the yeti mog. Feeling the love!
    That's actually pretty good, I should start doing similar things to people using that transmog as well.