Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Gallywix is the best goblin in the game, a true capitalist swine, but that is what goblins are about Profit.

I seriously hope they wont make him a villain. he is the kinda goblin that plays both sides for profit. Aside from that his rivalry with mekkatorque is great.

Quote Originally Posted by Rendark View Post
    Gallywix is the ONLY good thing to come out of BfA. From his personality to the way he looks, he's the perfect Goblin. My big fear is now that Thrall and friends are taking over the horde again they will kill Gallywix off or change his personality to be more "new" horde.
    I think they will just put him in fridge so he can be funny any time Blizzard needs him.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Super Dickmann View Post
    Gallywix is a ton of fun, but he's set to be replaced shortly
    Gazlowe has too much screen time recently. I am surprised Gallywix didn't die in recent siege.
    https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...lopment-thread
    Quote Originally Posted by Nevcairiel View Post
    If you are suggesting to take my Night Elfs Shadowmeld away, then please find some pike to run yourself through, tyvm.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rend Blackhand View Post
    Darkspear alrerady stand out from all Trolls. Classic intro desribed them as 'barbarous and superstitious with a seething hatred of all other races' they were all about creepy voodoo magic and cruelty to those they capture hints of cannibalism but then suddenly Cataclysm happened and Vol'Jin turned them into blue Tauren now all about peace and hand-holding harmony
    For the first time I realize that it's actually not good to make the horde all about peace and harmony.
    Zorn | Vynd | Pheraz | Sylwina | Mondlicht | Eis | Blut | Emerelle - Plus 20 more...

Quote Originally Posted by Pheraz View Post
    For the first time I realize that it's actually not good to make the horde all about peace and harmony.
    Seeing the Unifaction is the best argument against it.
    Dickmann's Law: As a discussion on the Lore forums becomes longer, the probability of the topic derailing to become about Sylvanas approaches 1.

Tinkers will be the next Class confirmed.

Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    So as tittle say, is our green fella the only horde leader that really feels like he fit his race. Over few past years we saw growing disconnect betwen horde leaders and their respective races.
    In random order:
    Blood elves - both theron and liadrin don't have anything left from original blood elf theme and feel much more like humans (especially liadrin)
    Forsaken - no leader here, but with calia looming on horizon this may be the worst one.
    Orcs - its kinda funny to see thrall and saurfang and then going to any quests (especially war focused) and seeing regular orcs here.
    Tauren - they may be the most peaceful race but they are nowhere near the extremum that is baine. Which is especially visible in both vanilla and cata barrens quests.
    Trolls - again no real leader here so hard to tell, but in general zappyboi seems to be standing out from regular darkspear.

So do you think that race leaders should embody their race theme more like gally does ?
    No, zappyboi is not remotely close to the leader of the trolls.

I guess you haven't played BFA if you're not familiar with Rokhan.
    Snarky: Adjective - Any language that contains quips or comments containing sarcastic or satirical witticisms intended as blunt irony. Usually delivered in a manner that is somewhat abrupt and out of context and intended to stun and amuse.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaito92 View Post
    Not really, unless you dont know what absence of good traits means
    see how "not really" works? Funny
    Not giving cash to charity doesn't make you a monster so not really. Try harder.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by bullseyed View Post
    No, zappyboi is not remotely close to the leader of the trolls.
    I guess you haven't played BFA if you're not familiar with Rokhan.
    Rokhan really doesn't feel like leader. He is too much of right hand man type to be one.

What's killed the Horde and its leadership is cringy self-inserts from the writers and developers.

I always loved Sylvanas - she was a perfect leader for the Forsaken as she played along but you never quite knew what she was up to. As soon as her fangirls took over writing, she became a moustache twirling Kerrigan playing 4D chess with everyone (with her Lover Nathanos) it became embarassing.

It was the same with Thrall. I always loved Thrall, I think the "New Hordes" identity was always tied with him. At some point he just became Metzens self-insert character and the whole game became about "Green Jesus". Even as Alliance players.. IN THE MIDDLE OF A WAR... I helped save his life multiple times, brought him back from the dead and was practically best man at his wedding (literally).

I also think it was a HUGE mistake on Blizzards side to kill off Cairne. He was the age-old wisdom of the Horde and could balance out the new younger leaders. Baine didn't have the experience or development to takeover - His relationship with Anduin is a meme because there's literally nothing else to him.
    Last edited by rogueMatthias; 2019-10-02 at 01:51 PM.
    BASIC CAMPFIRE for WARCHIEF UK Prime Minister!

Rokhan really doesn't feel like leader. He is too much of right hand man type to be one.
    Your feelings have no impact or relevance to anything.
    Snarky: Adjective - Any language that contains quips or comments containing sarcastic or satirical witticisms intended as blunt irony. Usually delivered in a manner that is somewhat abrupt and out of context and intended to stun and amuse.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by bullseyed View Post
    Your feelings have no impact or relevance to anything.
    The fact that he just follows orders and never makes any decisions on the other hand has.

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rend Blackhand View Post
    Darkspear alrerady stand out from all Trolls. Classic intro desribed them as 'barbarous and superstitious with a seething hatred of all other races' they were all about creepy voodoo magic and cruelty to those they capture hints of cannibalism but then suddenly Cataclysm happened and Vol'Jin turned them into blue Tauren now all about peace and hand-holding harmony
    Darkspear were always the exception to the "seething hatred of all other races" aspect

I hope Queen Talanji assumes the post of leading both Zandalari and Darkspear.

Rokhan is lame.
    Zappyboy is a bad meme, a joke, and his first battle was at Undercity.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Pretty much all the Allied Races seem fine. Rokhan feels like a serviceable racial leader for the Trolls, pretty much were Vol'jin was before his dramatic build-up in MoP. Cleaving to the pre-TBC incarnation of the Blood Elves seems wrongheaded to me - we know where and why their general theme changed, and Lor'themar seems pretty quintessentially Blood Elven. The Orcs obviously need a new racial leader, as do the Forsaken. Baine seems like a pretty good fit for the Tauren, all in all, although he seems roundly disliked he does basically epitomize the values the Tauren have always professed.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

The fact that he just follows orders and never makes any decisions on the other hand has.
    He makes exactly as many decisions as Lor'themar does in BFA. He does the same things Baine does, just isn't dumb enough to get caught. He's also responsible for the Zandalari joining the Horde, and has been positioned as a potential suitor for Talajani. He'll likely be made official leader of the Darkspear and reunite the two clans... unless we restore Vol'jin's wandering spirit to some kind of body.

7+ Year Old Account
    The Forsaken were never really fleshed out. They were merely along for Sylvanas' story. So now they have a chance to become whatever they really want.

Lor'themar is still keeping the blood elves alive and he represents the truest of Thalassian customs: Not doing anything unless we are getting killed or threatened to be killed

Zekhan is not even a representative from the Darkspear. He embodies the "young Horde" that looks up to their heroes yadda yadda yadda. Rokhan is kinda their representative and he is a Diet Vol'jin.

Baine is Tauren pacifism gone wrong

Gallywix was never appreciated by his underlings. Still he was fun to have around
    This world don't give us nothing. It be our lot to suffer... and our duty to fight back.

Quote Originally Posted by Maljinwo View Post
    The Forsaken were never really fleshed out. They were merely along for Sylvanas' story. So now they have a chance to become whatever they really want.
    When will this meme finally die? The Forsaken were fleshed out in no regard that they weren't already before BTS, just with different answers and in contradiction to existing lore and are arguably even more monolithic now than before since no one with a Vanilla or Cata Forsaken mindset makes any appearance in the book. They were free to be what they were for 13 of the last 15 years before they were retconned to death.

The Sylvanas argument is equally as common and equally as asinine. The only difference between the Forsaken following of Sylvanas and the human hivemind behind Anduin is that one is a developed in-story element and personality cult whereas the other is just an out of story convenience. Ditto Baine, ditto Thrall while he was orc leader and so forth. The racial leaders have always been shorthand for their races until stated otherwise, what sets Sylvanas apart in that regard is that her relationship to her people was actually examined rather than taken as a given that they were all mini-mes of her.
    Last edited by Super Dickmann; 2019-10-02 at 02:50 PM.
    Dickmann's Law: As a discussion on the Lore forums becomes longer, the probability of the topic derailing to become about Sylvanas approaches 1.

Tinkers will be the next Class confirmed.

10+ Year Old Account
    Except for you know, all their quests in vanilla and cata.

Herald of the Titans
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhlor View Post
    gazlowe>>>gallywix
    This right here. Gazlowe definitely embodies the goblin race more than Gallywix does. However, Gally might embody the Bildgewater Goblins more than Gazlowe does. Gazlowe is far from lawful good, hilarious to see him described that way lol. He's just a shrewd business goblin and plays the long game when it comes to profit, rather than the short game. They both reflect two sides of the Goblin coin; Gally is all about short term gain consequences be damned, Gazlowe pays more attention to the larger picture and prefers to secure his profits well into the future.

imo of course.
    Quote Originally Posted by Minikin View Post
    "Sticks and stones may break my bones but words will never....BURN IT"
    Quote Originally Posted by Kathandira View Post
    You are kinda joe Roganing this topic. Hardly have any actual knowledge other than what people have told you, and jumping into a discussion with people who have direct experience with it. Don't be Joe Rogan.

Implying that the blood elves were ever not just the Horde's humans?

Herald of the Titans
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Terongor View Post
    1) Gazlowe is member of steamwheedle cartel neutral faction and yeah he works for the horde alot of times he is still leader of racthet city aswell an NEUTRAL city meaning yeah he helps horde alot he is not a member of the horde.
    2) Goblins are either greedy or inventive but usually lack of total morals has being shown during wc2-wc3 which makes gallywix more steoretypical goblin so goblin who acts like goblin.
    He's also the former chief engineer of the Horde and the leader of the greasemonkies, a Horde affiliated combat expedition team (island expos).

He may not "hate" the alliance, but that's where it ends, he still maintains loose affiliation with the Horde.

He likes Gold far more than faction loyalties at the end of the day though; which imo, is what makes Gazlowe the more accurate embodiment of Goblins.

Gallywixes decision to side with the Horde, and therefore cutting himself off from half the worlds profit, actually makes him less stereotypically Goblin to me, and I say that as a huge fan of the Gallywix character.

- - - Updated - - -

Lor'themar is still keeping the blood elves alive and he represents the truest of Thalassian customs: Not doing anything unless we are getting killed or threatened to be killed

Zekhan is not even a representative from the Darkspear. He embodies the "young Horde" that looks up to their heroes yadda yadda yadda. Rokhan is kinda their representative and he is a Diet Vol'jin.

Baine is Tauren pacifism gone wrong

Gallywix was never appreciated by his underlings. Still he was fun to have around
    Bolded bit is spot on, made me choke on my coffee. Points for you sir.
    Quote Originally Posted by Minikin View Post
    "Sticks and stones may break my bones but words will never....BURN IT"
    Quote Originally Posted by Kathandira View Post
    You are kinda joe Roganing this topic. Hardly have any actual knowledge other than what people have told you, and jumping into a discussion with people who have direct experience with it. Don't be Joe Rogan.

Forsaken I can agree with. I don't think Calia fits at all with their motifs of heavy metal, cruelty, and self loathing. In other incidents the lack of leader figure at all kind of devalues the argument.

Nothing wrong with Lor'themar. What are you wanting exactly, more fel draining? They fixed the magic addiction issue in BC.

Would be interesting to see where they're getting those blood golems though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.