Page 1 of 4
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

They are only mentioned when doing ill (Pit Bulls)

Hey all!

I've noticed on our little forum that Pit Bulls are generally only mentioned when done ill yet when something heroic - nothing. Can't really brand all of certain breeds as bad like so do when we see things like this breaking the pattern, can we?

I know it is all, "It can happen anytime" - yeah but so can the dog saving someone..

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/w...oPOS8G-WkvygH0
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah I hate pit bulls and I’m not going to wash the reality of the horrors they commit for these puff pieces.

That said I don’t want to read more into the reality of pit bull attacks or sugar coat it.

However personally my bias those little worse against the little toy dogs.
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

10+ Year Old Account
    Generally speaking people don't put much weight on good deeds, but amplify bad ones. But this isn't a person we're talking about, but a dog. A dog that has a history of being bred to fight. A dog breed that has a high rate of attacking people. Of those attacks that result in death, about 66% are from Pitbulls. There's a reason for people being afraid.

If you want to own one of these dogs then realize that you have a huge liability on your hands. If something were to go wrong, expect lawsuits. Dogs usually love their owners, but will hate anyone that comes near them. Just cause the Pitbull is nice to you, doesn't mean it won't attack others. You may have a friendly Pitbull, but there's enough problems with that breed that people have legitimate concern. Just like if you have a Xbox 360 that didn't RROD, doesn't mean it wasn't a serious issue.

Dog was just being a dog. It saw an animal it attacked it.

Pit bulls are still a dangerous breed. It’s not that they’re inherently more likely to snap it’s that when they do it’s more likely to be fatal because of how strong they are.
    Last edited by muto; 2019-10-02 at 04:56 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Vash The Stampede View Post
    Generally speaking people don't put much weight on good deeds, but amplify bad ones. But this isn't a person we're talking about, but a dog. A dog that has a history of being bred to fight. A dog breed that has a high rate of attacking people. Of those attacks that result in death, about 66% are from Pitbulls. There's a reason for people being afraid.
    A few things:

1) dogs (animals in general, really) bred to fight are NOT bred for human aggression. They're different, and can be bred for independently - all fighting dogs are bred to be dog aggressive, but not people aggressive. Hard to have a fighting animal that you can't treat or control. Which meant that human aggression = culling when pit fights were a thing. It wasn't a trait they wanted or tolerated because it made it dangerous to the trainers rather than the dogs, and cowards don't want things dangerous for themselves.

2) dogsbite.org is a horribly biased site that was created and is run by someone that wants to see pits extinct. Shockingly they find that they're the most scary breed out there, despite the fact that most people that work with dogs find Chis and Dasch to be the biggest biters. They're also far more likely to fail a temperament test because they're little shithead yapper dogs with little dog syndrome.

2a) "pit bull" is used to cover anything that looks remotely "bully". Or big. Labs have been reported as "pit bull attacks" because labs are good and pit bulls are mean.

tl;dr: you're more likely to be attacked by a little dog if you're a person and a bully or akita if you're a dog.

Quote Originally Posted by Vanyali View Post
    A few things:

1) dogs (animals in general, really) bred to fight are NOT bred for human aggression. They're different, and can be bred for independently - all fighting dogs are bred to be dog aggressive, but not people aggressive. Hard to have a fighting animal that you can't treat or control. Which meant that human aggression = culling when pit fights were a thing. It wasn't a trait they wanted or tolerated because it made it dangerous to the trainers rather than the dogs, and cowards don't want things dangerous for themselves.

2) dogsbite.org is a horribly biased site that was created and is run by someone that wants to see pits extinct. Shockingly they find that they're the most scary breed out there, despite the fact that most people that work with dogs find Chis and Dasch to be the biggest biters. They're also far more likely to fail a temperament test because they're little shithead yapper dogs with little dog syndrome.

2a) "pit bull" is used to cover anything that looks remotely "bully". Or big. Labs have been reported as "pit bull attacks" because labs are good and pit bulls are mean.

tl;dr: you're more likely to be attacked by a little dog if you're a person and a bully or akita if you're a dog.
    Little dogs can be fended of by lifting your foot a few inches in the air and having them maul your shoe while failing to penetrate it.

A pittbull can pull you down to the ground and maul you to death.

7+ Year Old Account
    Pit bulls are not bad dogs innately, there are only shitty owners. Dogs are not fucking cats, they all REQUIRE attention/training or they tend to lean towards their base instincts. If you can't do either then don't get a dog, not just a pit bull.

these fuckers piss me of so much.

Oh come on, surely the "Pit Bull" thread isn't due for another week or so; I swear its been only a few days since the last one.

Can't we talk about tipping instead?
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    So, yeah, the dog wasn’t try to “save” his family. It was just killing another animal, just like my dog would chase and try to kill small animals. He wasn’t trying to save me from squirrels.
    Dogs really will save you to protect you. Pit bulls are very possessive also, if you are not the owner, beware.

The best dog I had was a pit bull, until he inexplicably snapped and started mauling people. He also went for one of my little cousins at a family gathering, luckily over my lap so that was crisis averted. This was after years of normal behaviour and being ok around kids. I do not really have much humor for people that say they are just like any other dogs after witnessing it first hand, from beginning to end.
    The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts.

10+ Year Old Account
    So instead of a Pitbull killing a kid it killed a snake? Congrats I guess?

Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Amadeus View Post
    Yeah I hate pit bulls and I’m not going to wash the reality of the horrors they commit for these puff pieces.

That said I don’t want to read more into the reality of pit bull attacks or sugar coat it.

However personally my bias those little worse against the little toy dogs.
    So you shall be willfully ignorant of the facts? Fact one is that bulls aren’t a breed they’re a type and as far as types go hounds are more prone to biting. Bulls include some 20+ breeds and almost any mutt which means a huge number of dogs are “bulls “ many millions more so numbers in fact should be higher because there are so many. When the vet association of America controlled for popularity of dog in specific areas bulls were no more likely to bite than average and often ended up lower than other actual breeds. Remember bulls are nothing but a “type” which says nothing about temperament. Not all hounds of the same temperament as not all retrievers do.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Rochana View Post
    When you google: "pitbull rescues child", you get flooded with examples. Seems a bit dishonest to onky focus on the bad indeed. Wasnt this breed originally bred to look after children?
    It isn’t a breed firstly but fighting dogs were bred to be super human friendly.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Afrospinach View Post
    Dogs really will save you to protect you. Pit bulls are very possessive also, if you are not the owner, beware.

The best dog I had was a pit bull, until he inexplicably snapped and started mauling people. He also went for one of my little cousins at a family gathering, luckily over my lap so that was crisis averted. This was after years of normal behaviour and being ok around kids. I do not really have much humor for people that say they are just like any other dogs after witnessing it first hand, from beginning to end.
    Was that dog fixed?

10+ Year Old Account
    Isnt that with everythin? Only things on news nowadays are when somethin bad happened.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

Quote Originally Posted by Nnyco View Post
    Isnt that with everythin? Only things on news nowadays are when somethin bad happened.
    I mean there are millions upon millions of bulls (being they’re a type of not a breed and also includes 20 plus breeds plus every mutt )but the very very few deaths are all that matter

Meanwhile in certain parts of Canada people are worried about huskies because they lead in attacks at times killing children. The main thing is whatever dog is popular in a Region is also always the problem dog.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Themius View Post
    So you shall be willfully ignorant of the facts? Fact one is that bulls aren’t a breed they’re a type and as far as types go hounds are more prone to biting. Bulls include some 20+ breeds and almost any mutt which means a huge number of dogs are “bulls “ many millions more so numbers in fact should be higher because there are so many. When the vet association of America controlled for popularity of dog in specific areas bulls were no more likely to bite than average and often ended up lower than other actual breeds. Remember bulls are nothing but a “type” which says nothing about temperament. Not all hounds of the same temperament as not all retrievers do.
    Which facts would those be?

Bulls are a breed, and whatever type they also are isn't relevant. My statement stands, they are monsters and notorious for attacking biting and horribly mutilating innocent people.

As to the numbers game, I am sure other dog breeds might bite, hell they might even have a higher recorded number depending on which criteria you look at. However there aren't any other dogs that have had a known and proven repeated history with death, and killing human beings. By that I don't mean just the owners or those who signed up for caring for the dogs.

Sorry dude, I have tried giving this dog the benefit of the doubt, I have even kept an open mind concerning the facts, because I am well aware all too well these dogs could be getting a bad rep from a lot of people being ignorant and stupid do the lack of understanding and fear.

And while I am sure there is a lot of that, EVERY expert and dog handler I have ever reviewed or researched who is honest and objective, Pit BULLS are the number one nuisance dog for dog attacks and dog on human fatalities.

Obviously there are more pressing and dangerous issues facing mankind than pitbulls that is true, but the fact is Pitbulls are dangerous, the prejudice is justified.
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

Such a good boy, rest in peace.
    Do you hear the voices too?

Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Amadeus View Post
    Which facts would those be?

Bulls are a breed, and whatever type they also are isn't relevant. My statement stands, they are monsters and notorious for attacking biting and horribly mutilating innocent people.

As to the numbers game, I am sure other dog breeds might bite, hell they might even have a higher recorded number depending on which criteria you look at. However there aren't any other dogs that have had a known and proven repeated history with death, and killing human beings. By that I don't mean just the owners or those who signed up for caring for the dogs.

Sorry dude, I have tried giving this dog the benefit of the doubt, I have even kept an open mind concerning the facts, because I am well aware all too well these dogs could be getting a bad rep from a lot of people being ignorant and stupid do the lack of understanding and fear.

And while I am sure there is a lot of that, EVERY expert and dog handler I have ever reviewed or researched who is honest and objective, Pit BULLS are the number one nuisance dog for dog attacks and dog on human fatalities.

Obviously there are more pressing and dangerous issues facing mankind than pitbulls that is true, but the fact is Pitbulls are dangerous, the prejudice is justified.
    1. Bulls are not a breed they are a type of dog encompassing literally tens of breeds and then thousands of mutt variants. People would say the same thing about sled dogs in parts of Canada... or chow chows (which actually lead in several American cities for bites).

Other dog breeds not just "might bite" but statistically many are prone to biting more than bull types known proven repeated history with death? Rottweilers are one of the most dangerous breeds that are far more dangerous than bull types and actually lead per capita when controlling for their population size. German shepherds also beat out bull types

They are not more prone to pressing and being dangerous there are studies on this that has proven no... when controlled for what dogs make up a population of any one area bull types are not more dangerous than any other type of breed and fall in line with averages. Honestly don't know why people are so fucking pig headed about this.

1. not a breed but a type

2. of course you will expect high numbers WHEN YOU ARE COUNTING 20+ BREEDS AND THOUSANDS OF MUTT VARIANTS AS A SINGLE FUCKING BREED but simple critical thinking seems to be all but fucking lost.

"Why do pit bulls have more numbers of bites?" Well when you count 20+ breeds and every mutt variant as a Pitt bull you end up inflating their population and attributing bites to a class rather than a breed. If we control for population size within an area you'd actually find that pit bulls often do not make the top three of bite prone medium to large size dogs and are often beaten by Rottweilers German shepherds, chow chows, and even sled dogs.

"lalalallalalalalalalalal fuck you pit bulls are the most evil most dangerous Dog"

If you have a 5000 dog population commit 50 bites and you have a 150,000 dog population commit 542 bites, tell me.. do you think the latter population is evil and needs to be eradicated? Does the concept of controlling for population just not matter to you?

Furthermore when pit bulls are banned it isn't like maulings and deaths really go down, they're just shifted onto another breed instead. Because the same fucking owners are still owning some dog.
    Last edited by Themius; 2019-10-02 at 04:35 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    That's just how news largely works in today's age. Things are only reported on when something is bad. Not saying that good things/good deeds are reported on, because they are. But certainly not as much as bad things.

Quote Originally Posted by P for Pancetta View Post
    Little dogs can be fended of by lifting your foot a few inches in the air and having them maul your shoe while failing to penetrate it.

A pittbull can pull you down to the ground and maul you to death.
    Except for the fact that little dogs can jump, and tend to be more poorly trained in general when accounting for the same "type" of owners because they think its cute. JRTs, for example, are high on the temperment fail test and those fuckers can jump over a human because they're not actually animal, they're sentient spring.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vanyali View Post
    A few things:

1) A fighting dog is going to fight humans because it doesn't care if you're a fighting dog or not. Also, a lot of people use large dogs for either protecting their property or as a type of weapon. People's asshole nature is also to blame for this because fact is people get aggressive dogs to be aggressive.

2) If you don't like my source than show me a more accurate one.

2a) Dog breeds are arbitrary. We humans created them because we like things to have a category. We could call them "large dogs", and it wouldn't matter. Is it large? Does it look "bully"? Then it's a Pitbull. They're all dogs.

The LiveLeak crowd are bringing their favourite talking points here.

Hating on Pit Bulls comes as naturally as hating on anything (usually X demographic) to those people, really.