Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Gotta love this forum where people bitch and moan about completely optional items, like battle pets, mounts and real life clothing you can wear.. And yet you have games like Ghost Recon: Breakpoint where everything is monetized to the nth degree..
    Last edited by grexly75; 2019-10-02 at 02:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Cavox View Post
    I do. I very much do.
    Why? Honest question.

How do these premium cosmetic-only items affect your regular gameplay experience? How does Jack affect your gameplay quality if he spends $20 for a pandaren pet?

People like them. People buy them. People who complain are less than people who stay silent and spend money for them. That's why Blizzard keeps selling this stuff: because it sells, and it sells well.

If you want to change it, start a crusade against the players. Blizzard is a business company and they do their best to make money.
    Last edited by MrLoque; 2019-10-02 at 03:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by grexly75 View Post
    Gotta love this forum where people bitch and moan about completely optional items, like battle pets, mounts and real life clothing you can wear.. And yet you have games like Ghost Recon: Breakpoint where everything is monetized to the nth degree..
    The items people get are the draw for them to spend $50 to watch 2-3 days of live video, which is absurd.

WTB Feral Druid overall damage increase....

Cavox sounds like a salty sandy.

Quote Originally Posted by Incitatus View Post
    The items people get are the draw for them to spend $50 to watch 2-3 days of live video, which is absurd.
    To be fair... A movie at the cinema lasts 1.5hrs, 2hrs maximum... And it costs a LOT for what it offers. I've got 2 kids and watching some random crappy "animation" movie eats that amount of money if not more (fuel excluded). At the end of the day it's an experience: you watch Blizzcon from the comfort of your couch. In that sense $50 isn't that much. I think you can pause videos too, which is nice for some breaks here and there.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Incitatus View Post
    You may find it absurd, but there will be those who will want those items and if they like to watch Blizzcon then they are free to do so.. The thing is, is that it has no effect on me or you or anyone else..

Now if it was like I said in my post about Ghost Recon: Breakpoint then that is a different matter as what is going to happen with that game will affect players of that game..

A shame that the virtual ticket pricing is maintained year after year, at a grossly inflated value. I know that some do not care that they are purchasing advertisement (that we will get without tickets a few days later at most) from Blizzard, because they do not see it like that, I suppose. I actually have no problem with the physical blizzcon tickets themselves, but the virtual ones have never been priced correctly, and that tradition continues because people are unable to resist the lure of whatever they include as sweetener. If anything, it will get worse, because why would they improve it when they will still sell in droves? I admit, sometimes, it's very difficult to understand why you would agree to be conned like that, because regardless if you actually enjoy viewing the streams or not, it is simply not a warranted price if you look at similiar things out there. The physical ticket has always been sold out, so the virtual ticket impacts it not at all, and the experience is 100% different anyway being on location, or having it streamed via somebody else - a different service/product.

I know that it's up to each and every one to decide, but it's just frustrating when this type of thing is just one building block to where gaming has arrived today, fractured and riddled with experience-breaking monetization design from how a game is built to how a developer is run. Even here with a con virtual ticket, closely integrated with the game as incentive. It's amazing and terrifying all at once.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm tired of murloc pets, can't they do something else?

Gotta love morons like you who feel others can't have an opinion. Get lost.

haha best Blizzard can do? What a crappy selection for Blizzcon. Blizz is finished. Their games are total crap now.

- - - Updated - - -

Gotta love morons like you who feel no one else can have an opinion. We've paid for the game too you know so get lost or stfu.

Quote Originally Posted by SoWhatSoFar View Post
    haha best Blizzard can do? What a crappy selection for Blizzcon. Blizz is finished. Their games are total crap now.

- - - Updated - - -

Gotta love morons like you who feel no one else can have an opinion. We've paid for the game too you know so get lost or stfu.
    Dude, seriously? You just went from "Everyone's opinion matters!" to "Yours doesn't though, so get the f- out!" in the same sentence. You doing okay today man? Rough day?

Cool! I've always enjoyed watching the opening ceremony and WoW panels.

Quote Originally Posted by MrLoque View Post
    There are tons of pets, mounts and collectibles in WoW that you can get for free, playing the game. And then you also get a very little selection of them that can be purchased on the virtual store. I've never spent a single EUR to buy anything in WoW and yet I have a huge collection of pets and mounts.

I just checked it.

Out of 1229 available pets, 21 come from the store.

Paid: 1,7%
    Free: 98,3%

Out of 580 available mounts, 17 come from the store.

Paid: 2,9%
    Free: 97.1%

I honestly can't see how the store is compromising anything in the game.
    Facts and figures don't matter to their crowd, only feefees do.

The store can be entirely ignored. On the other hand, the game going F2P couldn't.

And people hail the mounts now, but back when they were the reward it was the same song and dance. Besides, the mounts have a visual bug that still hasn't been fixed.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Stormykitten View Post
    A shame that the virtual ticket pricing is maintained year after year, at a grossly inflated value. I know that some do not care that they are purchasing advertisement (that we will get without tickets a few days later at most) from Blizzard, because they do not see it like that, I suppose. I actually have no problem with the physical blizzcon tickets themselves, but the virtual ones have never been priced correctly, and that tradition continues because people are unable to resist the lure of whatever they include as sweetener. If anything, it will get worse, because why would they improve it when they will still sell in droves? I admit, sometimes, it's very difficult to understand why you would agree to be conned like that, because regardless if you actually enjoy viewing the streams or not, it is simply not a warranted price if you look at similiar things out there. The physical ticket has always been sold out, so the virtual ticket impacts it not at all, and the experience is 100% different anyway being on location, or having it streamed via somebody else - a different service/product.

I know that it's up to each and every one to decide, but it's just frustrating when this type of thing is just one building block to where gaming has arrived today, fractured and riddled with experience-breaking monetization design from how a game is built to how a developer is run. Even here with a con virtual ticket, closely integrated with the game as incentive. It's amazing and terrifying all at once.
    To me you just come across as someone making a mountain out of a mole hill.

Sorry, but people telling me I'm being "conned" when I'm an adult capable of handling finances both big and small, rubs me the wrong way. If you want to feel dread and despair over what the gaming industry has become, you'd be better off picking a soapbox in front of a game that's actually predatory in its monetization.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cavox View Post
    Meanwhile Exilecon:

But hey, if we have suckers who will PAY (and beg to able to) for a chance to be advertised to then why not?
    I’m a big fan of exile and think it’s above what diablo could ever be but it’s really not comparable when they have one game and blizzard has multiple industry leading giants.

Though paying for blizzcon is silly I’ll agree on that.

7+ Year Old Account
    The alliance one looks way better. Something is just off about the horde one.

*laughs in onesie*

damn, these two murloc pets look hedious

I live in Europe, cant afford to go to Blizzcon.
    So spending a few bucks on watching everything is fine if you ask me. The goodies just justifice the prize a little bit more since its pricey.

With no goods, I think 25-35 bucks would be enough

Third year I am getting the virtual ticket. I do it for the show, not the fluff rewards. They are just a bonus. But I did like the gunship way better than the murloc pets. They are better than the tacky cloaks, however.
    Last edited by Trumpcat; 2019-10-03 at 09:44 AM.