Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    I am pretty damn shocked that 3 connected servers have a whopping 12 people from 1-120.

I’m not exactly surprised since 5 years ago when they started connecting servers the low pop servers looked like this but.... damn.

I have zero interest in going back to WoW to play BFA. I am really interested in doing vanilla since I ran so much of it as a 70 and loved it more than TBC content.

Not going to lie, even though MC and Onyxia are pretty much loot piñatas the people playing look to be having real fun. Even people running for D1 gear and Scarlet Crusade rep are having fun. You can hear it in their streams and the voices of the people they’re running with.

How many people are streaming BFA content (I’m not going to count 3’s and world first races.) sound like they’re having fun?
    The most persecuted minority is the individual.

Quote Originally Posted by Hey There Guys its Metro View Post
    Ironically, that post shows the main issue with Classic right?
    The capitals always look super populated likely due to how little there is to do in the game.
    Having that many people all either AFK or one way or another not progressing is not something I think is good to see.

But either way, your post about your server is interesting.
    Its certainly not that way on my realm, but luckily it doesn't matter to much if it is or isn't, since the whole game (other than Mythic EP) is cross realm.

I would be a huge supporter of mega-realms though at this point.
    Merge 50+ of the smallest realms into one, and it would look like that second screenshot.

You wont see them currently, but they are still there AND they can interact with each other, unlike what will eventually take place on Classic.
    Merging servers and people lose their names they had for 15+ years. Ye, good idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Hey There Guys its Metro View Post
    Ironically, that post shows the main issue with Classic right?
    The capitals always look super populated likely due to how little there is to do in the game.
    Having that many people all either AFK or one way or another not progressing is not something I think is good to see.
    All those people were waiting for my guild to turn in Onyxia's head for the buff. They weren't standing around doing nothing, they wanted that huge buff for whatever they were going to go off and do.

Quote Originally Posted by Lazuli View Post
    No one is on BfA servers right now, trade chat is dead, is anyone else seeing this? I haven't been on in so long, I decided to q for the brewmount and its like I logged in to a different game where its just me. Classic is just a nostalgic fad.. for sure. I guess there is no dying now that it killed main servers. The only thing active I saw was people farming the bee mount in LFG, of course the collectors are left.. xD

I havent been going around checking every server,but from my experience coming back these last few weeks,lvling zones have been packed,i started a worgen recently and the zone is full of people,way more than you see on classic these days,also sw is oddly populated,witch doesnt make much sense but thats how it is

Quote Originally Posted by Misuteri View Post
    I am pretty damn shocked that 3 connected servers have a whopping 12 people from 1-120.

I’m not exactly surprised since 5 years ago when they started connecting servers the low pop servers looked like this but.... damn.
    It's not that bad all the time but yeah, it's a little crazy that Blizzard let it get this bad. It's prime-time right now, 6:15 P.M. and there's 47 Alliance online. I wouldn't be surprised if those three realms in their connected state sometimes go an hour or two with ZERO people online Alliance side.

And that's bad because?

If anything that's a good sign that current WoW needs to change, a lot. The formula of "just add more of the same" doesn't work. They need to reinvent WoW or it will die off. It's not our problem either, we just consume what's fun/good. If WoW retail is not good/fun then it's simply Blizzards fault and nothing else.
    Last edited by Qnubi; 2019-10-02 at 10:17 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    Since this is an anecdotal evidence thread:

Rustfeather spawn spots are still as camped and populated as ever...after they dropped indeed noticably during the first 3 days of Classic release..so...here is my hard data^^
    Not on warmode, I've solo killed him twice in the last week after calling out a spawn

My two servers are not dead, had some great days in Stormsong Valley too after patch. Lots of people and fun community stuff. Though some servers are certainly dead. Some others.. certainly not ^^

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by bmjclark View Post
    Its funny, i'd say that exact same thing about my server on classic. Place is a ghost town of 2-3 people looking for some dps to fill their scholo group.
    Yeah well do bear in mind the main bell curve are probably still in the 35-45 range right now.

And sadly my BfA server is a bit of a ghost town since Classic. Prime time of the day and total number of ppl on my faction in the whole of Kul Tiras was less than 50

Though right now I'm not playing either game.
    Last edited by Will; 2019-10-02 at 10:25 PM.

*looks at the number of Full servers in BfA*

*looks at the number of ALL servers in Classic*

*adds the less populated servers from BfA*

Sure, honey. BfA really seems dead. Though, if BfA is dead, then Classic must not exist at all I guess.
    If the future is female...get ready for apocalypse.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Qnubi View Post
    And that's bad because?

If anything that's a good sign that current WoW needs to change, a lot. The formula of "just add more of the same" doesn't work. They need to reinvent WoW or it will die off. It's not our problem either, we just consume what's fun/good. If WoW retail is not good/fun then it's simply Blizzards fault and nothing else.
    True, but it's also a successful business model. You might not agree, but it is. They make FAR more money these days from shop micro transactions than they do from traditional subscription and game sales. Even if the only people who remain in retail are primarily collectors, a lot of collectors lap up the store mounts because they want to max out their... um... collections. They can add more and more pets and shore crap and people will LAP it up. That's why they're doing it -- it's making them easy money and it works.
    Last edited by Will; 2019-10-02 at 10:36 PM.

I can speak from my own experience in my gulid. We are a pretty active small gang of 20:ish ppl, raiding only HC so 6-7 weeks after EP was released we were done with the curve. After this most of us kept doing m+, grinding the new rep and essences but when Classic came, 75% of the guild wanted to test that and so they did. Fast forward a few weeks, the BFA guild became kinda deserted and us Bfaers logged in less and less. Meanwhile the bigger part of the Classic guys got bored of that too but it seemed to have worked a bit as a WoW detox or simply due to BFA lacking content. Long story short, the guys that got bored of Classic decided to take a WoW break instead. Most of us that remained in BFA also went on a break as Retail became so deserted. Atm I think 2 or maybe 3 still play Classic and same amount play BFA while all the rest are on break... how long that break is, noone knows (maybe permanent) but one thing I can take out of this is actually that; Classic did kill Retail in a way and also killed itself... So uhm, Classic killed WoW? :P

Anyway, people will probably come back for 8.3 and raid, Classic seems to not hold up in the long run for the vast majority of people but I do think WoW lost a shitload of subs due to people leaving Retail for Classic, then getting bored and at the same time realizing that Bfa is dead on content so better quit than come back.
    Last edited by Dawon; 2019-10-02 at 10:24 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Uncommon Premium
    Illidan-US had a queue time when the patch hit 8.2.5 so.. sucks to suck?

Bait thread to show BfA isn't as good as classic 0 vs Actual real BfA servers 1

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dziubla View Post

Sure, honey. BfA really seems dead. Though, if BfA is dead, then Classic must not exist at all I guess.
    Yeah er, it's not quite that simple as you don't know how many players are able to fill out a particular server. Only blizzard know the caps.

Total number of players in BfA is obviously higher, but if you've got a lot of dead realms, that's still an issue that needs addressing. Though as far as I'm concerned - and blizzard too - classic with 5% of retail's population is still a roaring success.

Truth is idgaf which game has more players. I'm just pragmatically pointing out that without knowing how many people constitutes a full realm we shouldn't be drawing lazy parallels and trying to use them as factual proof.

Quote Originally Posted by Factsbeforefeelings View Post
    All those people were waiting for my guild to turn in Onyxia's head for the buff. They weren't standing around doing nothing, they wanted that huge buff for whatever they were going to go off and do.
    This is Classic arrogance at its finest. Didn't even mention what server it was but you're gonna go ahead and say they're all waiting for YOUR guild. You saying that every server is waiting for your guild, bro? lol

My server has felt dead long before Classic even came out. Classic just made sure that what remained of my guild transfered over to play Classic instead (though it also brought back some guildies I haven’t seen in years)
    Last edited by McNeil; 2019-10-02 at 10:31 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by McNeil View Post
    My server has felt dead long before Classic even came out. Classic just made sure that what remained of my guild transfered over to play Classic instead (though it also brought back sine guildies I haven’t seen in years)
    Same here. BFA pretty much killed itself. The new patch didn't spur anyone to return either.

Quote Originally Posted by Dziubla View Post

In BFA EU, Draenor is always High or Full with 600 characters online both factions (used census). In classic, "High" means 6.000+ and "Full" 10.000+. In BFA, the population is relative to other servers, NOT the maximum cap.

Blizzard changed the way that server population was displayed in Classic a couple of days after launch because there were servers with "Medium" population and 15.000+ queue. You can look for the blue post.

Quote Originally Posted by deenman View Post
    I havent been going around checking every server,but from my experience coming back these last few weeks,lvling zones have been packed,i started a worgen recently and the zone is full of people,way more than you see on classic these days,also sw is oddly populated,witch doesnt make much sense but thats how it is
    You do realize that for the world blizzard use sharding to connect like a dozen+ realms for open world right? You will rarely ever see someone from your own server.

Quote Originally Posted by TheRevenantHero View Post
    This is Classic arrogance at its finest. Didn't even mention what server it was but you're gonna go ahead and say they're all waiting for YOUR guild. You saying that every server is waiting for your guild, bro? lol
    Uhhhh, yeah? We announced in the public channels we were turning the head in so people could get to Stormwind for the buff. It's Heartseeker server.

Classic arrogance? Lol, why you mad? I'm not even some "Retail" hater; I have a 440 Paladin on BfA but the expansion has been lackluster and I'll play Modern WoW when it's fun for me again.