Quote Originally Posted by dizzzave View Post
    Allied races were a failure because they were a selling feature of the expansion and a great opportunity to bring older players back to the game and have people excited to start the new expansion. What we got is allied races who were locked behind old content (do you really expect a returning player, possibly lower level to grind Legion reputations???) or allied races that weren't available for anyone for fucking 210 days after release.

Even if Blizzard didn't bungle the release of allied races, they still were really half-ass and most have really limited customization options compared with any of the standard races.
    Them being a failure doesn't compute with the very present fact of Blizzard continuing their development of them. Like it or not, but they don't spend time and money developing features that they do not see players login for (MAU says hi).

And the customization for some of the Allied races = better than for the original race. Some are a miss (Nightborne), others clearly got far more dedication and development put into them (Void Elves, Kul Tiran, Dark Iron, Male Zandalari).

As much as I dislike the cynical mechanics behind unlocking them as of BfA's start, it's safe to assume that Allied races will be coming back in the future as a concept now and then. The hype surrounding them alone is worth banking on.

My updated theory for 8.3, updated post-8.2.5:

I had some time to think about 8.2.5 outcomes and reanalyze my theories.

Like I said in the original post, some points may be a little off, but the direction I thought we were headed hasn't changed.

End of the War

Unlike what I expected, the war wasn't resolved in 8.3, but 8.2.5. Still, it happened in questing, rather than a raid. While it happened earlier (and more suddenly) than I predicted, it still leaves the core of my theory intact:

Final patch.

We are headed to the War between Death and Shadows. The Horde was being manipulated by death, the reveal that the Alliance is being influenced by the void is yet to come.

What's going to happen?

The end of 8.2.5 leads us to believe that Sylvanas will lay low and wait while we face N'Zoth. Her plans revolve around expecting N'Zoth to "serve death" by killing as many mortals as possible in that conflict.

That's not what I think will happen. N'Zoth will not act as she expects. Actually, he's been warning us for a long time that Death is the true enemy.

“This one is dangerous. She is a threat and must be ended. Beware this one, she seeks the death of all things… all possibilities. End her threat. Murder her, murder her, save yourself and murder her. Save the world and murder her.”

Also, in the Uu'nat fight, N'Zoth whispers to us:

N'Zoth whispers:** I alone can save you from what is to come.
    N'Zoth whispers:** It grows hungrier... bolder. Alas, your eyes are closed.

And what N'Zoth says when he is freed? *All eyes shall be opened.*

Through his influence over the Alliance ("The boy-king serves at the master's table"), N'Zoth will make us hunt down Sylvanas.

Then, while we are busy fighting Sylvanas and the forces of her master (which I still expect to be Helya), N'Zoth will make his big move. *"At the hour of her third death, she will usher in our coming."*

Who's third death? Either Helya or... Alleria.

In the Uu'nat fight, there's also this tidbit:

N'Zoth whispers:** When the arrow finds its mark, the last fetter will fall away.

Maybe Sylvanas will kill, or severily harm Arator, leading Alleria to lose control?

High elves

I still think the void elves will turn traitor. Either because some of them will lose control, or because some of them have been serving N'Zoth all along, even before their transformation.

Where was Sylvanas last seen? Quel'thalas. So, it makes sense for all thalassians to be present for this showdown. And, since any patch involving Sylvanas' resolution will also feature her sisters, Vereesa and the Silver Covenant will be there, and N'Zoth will try to add them to his forces.

Thus, my original prediction still stands: high elves will be turned into void elves. However, they'll be saved by the player's intervention.

The Final Raid

The final raid will be themed after Death vs. Void. We will try to stop both of those forces.

If my theory of the Sunwell being corrupted ends up true, the raid will involve securing it, then using it as a portal to the clashing realms of Death and Twilight. The final wings will probably be featured in the big Black Empire city we saw in Azshara's Warbringers episode (is it Nya'lotha?)

Among the fights, we will have Nathanos, probably Umbric and maybe even all the Windrunner sisters (I guess a Sylvanas vs. Alleria vs. Us, with Vereesa helping us). We will also fight Sylvanas' boss, and it will probably conclude with N'Zoth as the big bad of the expansion.

-------------------

So, that's my updated theory right now. What do you think?
    Whatever...

Part of me really does not want to see Nya'lotha become the Argus of BFA. I really want Nya'lotha to feel more important than that.

Quote Originally Posted by Lightforged View Post
    Part of me really does not want to see Nya'lotha become the Argus of BFA. I really want Nya'lotha to feel more important than that.
    Maybe Nya'lotha being in a raid does not forbid it to become a real place to visit later, since in this idea we would just reach there via portal, fight and get out.

Or maybe the city we saw in Azshara's vision was not Nya'lotha, but I feel like that place of the cinematic was designed to be the final raid.
    Whatever...

10+ Year Old Account
    By Elune's bosoms....
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by George Costanza View Post
    :O Holy crap! I wasn't expecting anything until blizzcon!

*Insert shocked Pikachu* That's super exciting. I wonder if we'll see anything before Blizzcon, or if it will remain cloaked until then.

So can we put the "there's no 8.3" fearmongering to rest now ? :P

7+ Year Old Account
    the sad thing is prob everything encrypted and we will know nothing.

Lets use this time wisely and remember all the good and convincing reasons why there is absolutely no way 8.3 is happening.

But for real though. Seems like it goes the way sane people expected.

Legendary!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    Even if they unlock some of the content I'd expect most of it to stay encrypted until a reveal at Blizzcon. Really strange if they let that opportunity go isn't it?

Quote Originally Posted by Foolicious View Post
    Lets use this time wisely and remember all the good and convincing reasons why there is absolutely no way 8.3 is happening.

But for real though. Seems like it goes the way sane people expected.
    To be fair, after there being no 6.3, it's not unheard of for an expansion to be cut early.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hugnomo View Post
    So can we put the "there's no 8.3" fearmongering to rest now ? :P
    @Nyel and ...whoever else thought this way

Yeah but that is sort of the problem with encryption, they shouldnt encrypt at all to hype up the speculation, I mean if they are gonna announce an expansion at blizzcon they could at least tell us how this one ends :P.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aettis View Post
    To be fair, after there being no 6.3, it's not unheard of for an expansion to be cut early.
    While not impossible since it literally happened once, there were many things that led to WoD not having a 6.3 and that sort of influx of many factors never looked present for BfA.

So while "not unheard of" it's also weird to take an exception as if it's a rule.

one more thing to add.
    Given how 8.3 will likely have the last big raid of BFA, i cant see Blizz encrypting the raid entirely and not testing it publically AT ALL
    Raids require far more finetuning than a few simple War Campaign "Kill guys/interact with stuff" quests between the cinematics/lore moments in terms of gameplay after all.

5+ Year Old Account
    Pretty much, unless they do a "patch notes of what's coming". For instance the wowhead link is saying

"For example, in Patch 8.2, the encrypted vendor build hit on April 4th, with the content reveal on April 11th and first PTR build on April 17th."

So depends on if they want to do an "8.3 Patch Notes PTR" thingy before Blizzcon.

We'll know in 1-2 weeks.

Yeah but that is sort of the problem with encryption, they shouldnt encrypt at all to hype up the speculation, I mean if they are gonna announce an expansion at blizzcon they could at least tell us how this one ends :P.
    They can go a lot of directions with this.

1) Keep 8.3 encrypted and hidden until Blizzcon for a double whammy announcement of big 8.3 patch and expansion announcement.

b) Keep 8.3 encrypted, with little bits teased here and there, with big 8.3 announcement and expansion reveal(but not much revealed?)

yes) Have 8.3 hit PTR, get us hyped for what 8.3 brings, and what it means for the expansion direction.