10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Evil Midnight Bomber View Post
    Wow, That Press Conference with the Finnish PM.
    The best part?

"The United States is a great democracy. And I’m airing what I’m airing because we are in fact a democracy. And if the press were straight and honest and forthright and tough, we would be a far greater nation."
    -- Trump, who didn't get the most popular votes but still won

"We are, Mr. President."
    -- Jim Acosta

"We would be far greater when we don’t have the CNN’s of the world who are corrupt people."
    -- Trump, literally being impeached for corruption

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nelinrah View Post
    I'm surprised Trump kept his hand to be honest.
    Eh, it was probably too much trouble trying to find the tiny thing to make it worth chopping it off.

Quote Originally Posted by Wilian View Post
    So are theocratic dictatorships funding terrorism and groups that directly has attacked US yet you seem to be just fine US being allied with them and funding them.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wilian View Post
    Yes, the realpolitiks of goading going into massively expensive war over some hits with no casualties in behest of a country that actively is practicing genocide. I know what his realpolitiks are. I've seen him practice them for years.
    Evidently you don't and you haven't. Because I think Middle Eastern entanglements are the stupidiest and worst thing the US has done. I've LONG held the war against ISIS to be incredibly illegal, for example. Furthermore the United States should not be involved in the illegal, inhuman war in Yemen and it's outrageous the Trump Administration continues it. And I look forward to the day we sell out the Saudi Royal Family and bring them to justice in a court of law.

Clear enough for you?

So did you have a point or was this some strange defense of Trump's abject stupidity on your part?

*sigh*

You know what the problem with being the foreign policy / national security policy poster is? Everyone thinks because I discuss something in depth or look at something from a certain angle, I'm advocating for something. If folks can't take the time to read my (admittedly voluminous) posts in full, then don't read them. I'm actually *largely* a non-interventionist and my foundational foreign policy believe is that the United States must carefully nuture its power. It must tend to it like a fragile crap. And only in the greatest need must it expend power. And unlike the knuckledragging radical right, I see hard and soft power as entirely complementary to each other - a great wheel - rather than in competition. I would double the size of the State Department. I would quintuple humanitarian aid. We should lead by example not fear.

But in the rare occasion the United States does need to bloody its knuckles, I also don't believe the fight should be anywhere close to fair. Send in the 200 diplomats first. And when, at the end of all things and all options have been exhausted, if diplomacy truly fails, send in the 200 state-of-the-art bombers. I don't think that's a ridiculous proposition. I certainly don't think that's war mongering. War is an intrinsic catastrophe, whether we wage it, or we just help it. Even when it leads to positive ends, it is NEVER a good thing. There is no such thing as "the good war".
    Last edited by Skroe; 2019-10-02 at 08:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    The best part?

"The United States is a great democracy. And I’m airing what I’m airing because we are in fact a democracy. And if the press were straight and honest and forthright and tough, we would be a far greater nation."
    -- Trump, who didn't get the most popular votes but still won

"We are, Mr. President."
    -- Jim Acosta

"We would be far greater when we don’t have the CNN’s of the world who are corrupt people."
    -- Trump, literally being impeached for corruption
    what's gonna be really funny is watching the Trumpsters try to spin that unhinged lunatic rant.

I just imagine all the Republicans in the Sentate and Congress watching it like:

“The biggest communication problem is we do not listen to understand. We listen to reply,” Stephen Covey.

State department IG passed along a packet of propaganda and conspiracy theories that started showing up at the state department from the White House in May that Pompeo was helping distribute...

WTF?

Quote Originally Posted by kaelleria View Post
    State department IG passed along a packet of propaganda and conspiracy theories that started showing up at the state department from the White House in May that Pompeo was helping distribute...

WTF?
    What? Sauce?!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gabriel View Post
    May I offer you a bottle of Yike's Hard Pass in this trying time?

I have to confess the part of me that doesn't long for death is mildly concerned since Trump is clearly growing increasingly unhinged and we're not even a month out from the leak.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think the reality of his situation is crashing down on Trump and he's falling apart mentally now. It's just a matter of time before he's spotted smearing his shit on the walls of the Oval Office butt naked. Wonder when his cabinet will invoke the 25th Amendment.

I mean, the 25th is the safest option for Congressional Republicans since it means they wouldn't have to go on the record defending Trumps criminal behavior in impeachment proceedings.
    Last edited by Zaydin; 2019-10-02 at 09:02 PM.
    "If you are ever asking yourself 'Is Trump lying or is he stupid?', the answer is most likely C: All of the Above" - Seth Meyers

Quote Originally Posted by Zaydin View Post
    I think the reality of his situation is crashing down on Trump and he's falling apart mentally now. It's just a matter of time before he's spotted smearing his shit on the walls of the Oval Office butt naked. Wonder when his cabinet will invoke the 25th Amendment.
    You have posted this in more then one thread trying to get other trumpsters to back you up. No one, least of all you, actually believes this is happening or is going to happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    What? Sauce?!
    There was a press conference... I haven't been able to find anything in writing yet :/

10+ Year Old Account
    In the ongoing effort to...heh, Trump and effort. Anyhow, despite Trump's Contract with the American Voter, Trump's ex chief liason is now a lobbyist.

There is no bottom of the Team Trump hypocrisy well.

Also, Trump raises taxes on US citizens by yet another $7.5 billion.

- - - Updated - - -

CNN has a well-documented piece written by historians. You can guess the general idea, but here's the punchline:

In the history of American foreign relations, we are unaware of any prior case — in 230 years — of a president asking a foreign leader to intervene in American domestic politics.

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    How is nobody talking about Nickelback throwing in for Trump?
    His use of Nickleback in the tweet is a crime against humanity and should be investigated and tried in the ICC.

This is truly the worst thing he has done in his presidency.

Though for real, is this really what his team thinks passes for dank memes?

Effin classic! The conman and liar at it again.

So reporter asked about a US victory in WTO and tariffs.

Trump gets angry that reporter won't give him all the praise for a WTO decision that just happened since the WTO case began before Trump took the presidency. https://t.co/0XcDSdK21i
    https://twitter.com/owillis/status/1...757016070?s=19

Video embedded.

So the reporter calls him out that this case started 10 years ago.

Also a person, who loves his country again lies and say US is always losing and no victories in WTO rulings.

Trump claimed US never used to win WTO cases before his presidency. From 1995 to early 2017, US won in 91% of WTO cases it brought against other countries (cases like this Airbus one). When US was a respondent, it lost on 89% of adjudicated issues https://t.co/OJPBW1YSzy
    https://twitter.com/crampell/status/...682700800?s=19

Forbes article in link.
    Democrats are the best! I will never ever question a Democrat again. I LOVE the Democrats!

His use of Nickleback in the tweet is a crime against humanity and should be investigated and tried in the ICC.

"Look at this phony graph! Every time I do it makes me laugh..."

10+ Year Old Account

Never going to outdo Obama in the memes department.
    Quote Originally Posted by SpaghettiMonk View Post
    And again, let’s presume equity in schools is achievable. Then why should a parent read to a child?

GOD DAMNIT I FUCKING MISS WHEN WE HAD A PRESIDENT THAT WAS ACTUALLY FUNNY AND COULD POKE FUN AT HIMSELF

Seriously, I try not to think about the relative sanity and calm of the Obama years...it's just too fucking depressing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Trump's personal lawyer, the Justice Department, attempts to intervene in the NYState court case subpoena'ing Trump's taxes.

Trump is still trying to hide behind "you can't investigate the President" rather than "I did nothing wrong". Meanwhile the DoJ is saying instead that the case can only be heard in federal court, where of course they'll just sit on the issue.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    Surprised this is trending even outside the US, honestly.
    Not like the UK has anything else going on. /s
    It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shakes, the shakes become a warning.

-Kujako-

Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    Why did you bring up an old post and change the spelling, what was your goal?
    That would be a good question if you hadn't actually typed what he said you typed and then changed it later.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Belize View Post
    Have you seen the price of EpiPens? Or Insulin?
    Car prices?
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    Quit using other posters as levels of crazy. That is not ok

If you look, you can see the straw man walking a red herring up a slippery slope coming to join this conversation.