Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Malaky View Post
    Oh, so tolerance is only applicable to immutable characteristics?

Yeah, totally what tolerance means. Mmh mmh.
    https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paradox_of_tolerance

Less well known is the paradox of tolerance: Unlimited tolerance must lead to the disappearance of tolerance. If we extend unlimited tolerance even to those who are intolerant, if we are not prepared to defend a tolerant society against the onslaught of the intolerant, then the tolerant will be destroyed, and tolerance with them.
    Or, to paraphrase Confucius: "tolerance" is not a blanket defense of being a shitbag.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

Quote Originally Posted by TheramoreIsTheBomb View Post
    i will call it now, in about 15-20 years or less trump supporters will be labeled as an official hate group recognized by the US Government and the MAGA/KAG red and pink hats will go in the Smithsonian as a hate symbol
    Or it will become a forever reminder of the insanity that took the democratic party in 2016-20XX seeing nazis and monsters everywhere.
    Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    Yes, I think a company should be legally allowed to refuse to serve black people.
    Quote Originally Posted by Themius View Post
    Right now the left is fact based

Or it will become a forever reminder of the insanity that took the democratic party in 2016-20XX seeing nazis and monsters everywhere.
    Yes, it's the Democrats who are insane. Not the Republicans who are screeching about civil war and coups and treason.

Quote Originally Posted by Elegiac View Post
    https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paradox_of_tolerance

Or, to paraphrase Confucius: "tolerance" is not a blanket defense of being a shitbag.
    Shitbags like that guy who threw a fit over republicans daring to be be present too?

Sounds pretty shitbaggery intolerant to me. Guess he gets no defense in your view, then?
    Yes, I think a company should be legally allowed to refuse to serve black people.

10+ Year Old Account
    Shitbags like that guy who threw a fit over republicans being present too?

Sounds pretty shitbaggery intolerant to me. Guess he gets no defense in your view, then?
    Again, if I were holding an event to raise money for victims of terrorism I too would throw a fit about members of the Taliban being present.

Y'all act like there's no reason for people to despise Republicans regarding the subject of gun violence. We aren't interested in "coming together" with the people who are the reason there is a tragedy to come together about in the first place.
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

Again, if I were holding an event to raise money for victims of terrorism I too would throw a fit about members of the Taliban being present.

Not even two posts down, pure confirmation of my assertion.

10+ Year Old Account
    Republicans = talibans

Okay dude.
    I take it the term 'analogy' escapes you.

But since Republicans do in fact seem to think women and doctors deserve the death penalty for performing particular medical procedures, is the analogy that shocking?

Quote Originally Posted by matheney2k View Post
    How big a failure of a leader for this country has Trump been to allow things to get this far out of hand?
    Allow things? He's been one of the biggest causes of division and he's still driving that division even now to the point where his cultists are ready for a civil war.

I take it the term 'analogy' escapes you.
    Shitty analogies do escape me, especially when exposing an underlying insanity and lack of grasp of reality.

10+ Year Old Account
    Shitty analogies do escape me, especially when exposing an underlying insanity and lack of grasp of reality.
    You've yet to demonstrate how the analogy is bad, however.

All I'm seeing is pearl clutching from using harsh language.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bdatik View Post
    Selectively including parts that only fits his narrative, bold strategy.
    Ah, he pulled an ol' Zenny on us. A classic.

You've yet to demonstrate how the analogy is bad, however.
    Republicans aren't nowhere near as bad as talibans. Your analogy just shows you have no idea what gravity, context and perspective is.

When your analogy sounds more like parody it only shows you've lost the plot, big.

Republicans aren't nowhere near as bad as talibans. Your analogy just shows you have no idea what gravity, context and perspective is.

You've lost the plot, big.
    They're literally threatening civil war if Trump is impeached...

10+ Year Old Account
    Republicans aren't nowhere near as bad as talibans.
    <Citation Needed>

Republicans are currently putting people in concentration camps, threatening women with the death penalty, and blocking any action on a plague of gun violence that is terrorising the general public.

Oh, yeah. And their leader is threatening civil war if he gets removed from office.

Quote Originally Posted by Nelinrah View Post
    They're literally threatening civil war if Trump is impeached...
    They're not.

- - - Updated - - -

<Citation Needed>

Republicans are currently putting people in concentration camps, threat
    Ppffft- hahahaha

Dude, seriously, you already provided enough proof you've lost touch with reality, no need to go for overkill.

They're not.
    Yes, they are. Trump himself tweeted that if he's removed from office there will be civil war.

They're not.
    https://www.gq.com/story/trump-civil-war-militia

Are you sure? Maybe you need to tell that to some of these right wing groups like the Oath Keeper, because it doesn't seem like they got the memo.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    I am sure, I can read.

"It will cause a civil-war like fracture".

Neither this is threating of civil war, nor suggesting they'll be the side causing or provoking it.
    What he's saying here is that if he's impeached for ridiculous reasons like the current ones the divide will do nothing but worsen dramatically.

You know, at some point the systematic lying about what Trump actually said tends to become boring. Way too predictable.

I am sure, I can read. You?

Neither this is threating of civil war, nor suggesting they'll be the side causing or provoking it.
    What he's saying here is that if he's impeached for ridiculous reasons like the current ones the divide will do nothing but worsen dramatically.
    I'm gonna need you to explain what a civil war-like fracture is.

Because to me, a civil war-like fracture is Americans in a war against other Americans killing each other. Because, you know, that's how the fracture was during the civil war.

I am sure, I can read. You?

I did read the subhead and Trump tweet too! Did you read the Oath Keeper tweets?