Thread: 8.3 soon™

Page 4 of 21 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Duke of Earl View Post
    8.3 could as well just be the pre-9.0 patch.
    The pre X.0 patch is generally patch X.0 - has always been that way.

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Clozer View Post
    They can just release the information for both. There is no problem with that. Maybe 8.3 gives out too much info about the next xpac and it could ruin blizzcon.
    Unlikely, if it's hitting the vendor ptr, expect an announcement this week for a stream next week.

Also now can we go back and find all the people who said there won't be an 8.3 and tell them they're idiots and were idiots when they said it and will forever be an idiot for saying "ThErE wOn'T bE a 8.3 WoD 2.0!!!!"

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by scarecrowz View Post
    Can you really blame people for wanting this garbage expansion to be over?
    People didn't post 8.3 isn't happening because they want bfa to be over, they did it to be pessimistic assholes.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by NihilSustinet View Post
    because some random screenshot shows the numbers 8.3 with no context, you are convinced 8.3 will be a thing?
    With what your profile pic is - It does not surprise me that you are this skeptical about a vendor ptr build meaning theres an 8.3 ptr build coming.

Oh how sad... like we didn't tell them that 8.3 was coming cause it was teased last blizzcon. But, some people don't get that the world doesn't revolve around their wishes. Hint: WoD wasnt cut cause you were unhappy either.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Softbottom View Post
    Why wouldn't there be an 8.3? 8.2 has only been out since june 25th.. Players are getting more impatient than i've seen in the entire history of this game.
    Somehow people are getting the idea that Blizzard its abandoning BfA to its luck and just focusing on the next expanasion. And they just want the new expansion.
    To consume super fast all the content and then praise BfA because of Art Team and bring back muh Horde vs Alliance shit.

People who didn't think 8.3 was gonna happen are not paying enough attention.

In game, it's well-stabilished this expansion's villain is N'zoth.

Blizzard never ends an expansion without it's proper final villain, to close the expansion's arc.

Since WoD, every last tier also an AotC mount.
    Since MoP, every last tier has a mount for the last boss on the highest difficulty.

There was no way they would end the expansion in the Eternal Palace cliff hanger. It's just a matter of "when".

And to assume some forum complaints and canceled subscriptions would make them cancel the LAST TIER of the expansion is insanity. They cancel the middle tiers. Not ever has a final tier been canceled.

Quote Originally Posted by lachlol View Post
    What does it have to do with capitalism, lol?
    the perpetual, relentless, inane profit-chasing hype in our society has everything to do with capitalism. our culture is all hype no substance

8.3 probably won't be announced until Blizzcon. They'll use that as the "big announcement" for WoW. They'll probably have the PTR up either the week right after or the following week after Blizzcon ends.
    Quote Originally Posted by scarecrowz View Post
    Trust me.

Zyky is better than you.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SirCowdog View Post
    To be fair, there was a credible possibility of going straight into the next expansion, announced at Blizzcon. Maybe not a HIGH chance of it, but enough to warrant discussion IMO.

Oh well. As long as it isn't 14 months of "Siege of Stormwind" or "Siege of Thunder Bluff" I'll be happy with it. Hopefully that level of content drought is a thing of the past.
    That's the thing though, I don't agree with you on that and neither do plenty of others. I haven't seen a single good reason that would make me come anywhere near the term "credible".

This topic has already been beaten to death so I really don't want to argue with anyone over it; every point has already been made on either side of the aisle. I'm just letting you know my opinion, so there's no need to restate what you feel is evidence for your opinion. Let's just agree to disagree.
    give up dat booty
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendra View Post
    <3
    For the matriarchy.

15+ Year Old Account
    To all the people enjoying the game: just repeat to yourself that this forums Grinches != The community. It's just the grinchy part of the community. Let them be grinchy and continue to enjoy the game. If this game wouldn't exist they would prbly be on some TV series forums and bitching about how it was once their favourite series and how much they hate it currently

On topic: I don't have much fun to say I'm right, but I was right there will be 8.3 and 9.0 infos at blizzcon
    Zorn | Vynd | Pheraz | Sylwina | Mondlicht | Eis | Blut | Emerelle - Plus 20 more...

Quote Originally Posted by Kemsa View Post
    Somehow people are getting the idea that Blizzard its abandoning BfA to its luck and just focusing on the next expanasion. And they just want the new expansion.
    To consume super fast all the content and then praise BfA because of Art Team and bring back muh Horde vs Alliance shit.
    I think there are 2 driving factors for the no 8.3 crowd

1. They look at legion release cycle trying to compare it to BFA when they are fundamentally different

2. They see WoD as the rule and not the exception so they think this expansion has been abandoned... even though there's nothing connecting the 2

Quote Originally Posted by Zyky View Post
    8.3 probably won't be announced until Blizzcon. They'll use that as the "big announcement" for WoW. They'll probably have the PTR up either the week right after or the following week after Blizzcon ends.
    The next expansion is the big announcement. While they could do both at the same time, that means the focus is divided which isn't ideal.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by NihilSustinet View Post
    because some random screenshot shows the numbers 8.3 with no context, you are convinced 8.3 will be a thing?
    I expect 8.3 to be a thing because the next expansion is easily 6+ months away.

People seem to forget, they didn't scrap the plans and abandon WoD because it was poorly received

It was poorly received because they had already scrapped the plans and abandoned it behind the scenes.

Despite it's numerous flaws, none of it has come from Blizzard scrapping the expansion behind the scenes and working on something else. That's why there was never any realistic POSSIBILITY there would be no 8.3.

Quote Originally Posted by Izalla View Post
    That's the thing though, I don't agree with you on that and neither do plenty of others. I haven't seen a single good reason that would make me come anywhere near the term "credible".

This topic has already been beaten to death so I really don't want to argue with anyone over it; every point has already been made on either side of the aisle. I'm just letting you know my opinion, so there's no need to restate what you feel is evidence for your opinion. Let's just agree to disagree.
    Hey, no worries. Speculation on the future of the game has always been an enjoyable passtime. Sounds like you're just burned out by people not agreeing with you; which is fine. Trust me when I say that I know what it's like to carry an unpopular opinion(see the flying debate around Pathfinder), and how irritating it can get.

I just mostly think that the next expansion will be out sooner than we might expect, and that 8.3 would have been a much smaller window before release than we might otherwise expect, assuming we got it at all. And again, to be fair, this is a data-mined "leak". Until we see something official(probably at Blizzcon) there's no reason to assume anything is concrete.

If they announce the 8.3, this means no announce of new expansion or they will show it both? I hope they announce new expansion as well.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dakhath View Post
    Considering these forums are filled with people swearing we wouldn't even get an 8.3, nothing surprises me.
    No ome besides a very few very active individuals actually believed that.

Formerly known as Arafal

Quote Originally Posted by schwarzkopf View Post
    The pre X.0 patch is generally patch X.0 - has always been that way.
    That is nonsense. It can't be 9.0 and pre-9.0 at the same time. "Pre" means "before".

Quote Originally Posted by Seiklis View Post
    We didn't get Winter Veil decorations in the 8.2.5 stuff so I'm betting before 2020, around say the 9th of december
    8.2.5 was on the PTS for almost two months and had almost nothing to test besides the new grouping feature. You think they'll have <8 weeks of 8.3 testing which is supposed to have an entirely new raid?
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

Baffles me that there are people who genuinely believe 9.0 won't be announced at Blizzcon.

Quote Originally Posted by Duke of Earl View Post
    It can't be 9.0 and pre-9.0 at the same time.
    Well - it has every other expansion ... so don't convince me, you will have to go back and change history if you are having issues with it.

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.