Page 1 of 4
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Do you think Sylvanas becoming an agent of a greater force robs her of her character?

Personally, I have always thought of Sylvanas as that strong-willed, individualist character. She stubbornly defended Silvermoon, she broke free from the Lich King's control because of how strong her spirit was, and then had the gall to openly disobey both Garrosh and Vol'jin. The implication that Sylvanas is now merely a minion to some death god feels out of character for her.

I only hope that she will eventually turn on that new master of hers as well. Ideally, she should fail and die (karma, bitch), but if she became some sort of death goddess for us to fight, it'd be pretty cool as well.
    The shadowy Daughter of Urthona stood before red Orc,
    When fourteen suns had faintly journey'd o'er his dark abode:
    His food she brought in iron baskets, his drink in cups of iron:
    Crown'd with a helmet and dark hair the nameless female stood;

15+ Year Old Account
    We don't really know enough about the arrangement to make definitive statements. However, it would be quite disappointing if she were ultimately downgraded to a lackey.

10+ Year Old Account
    I assume is that in the end she will betray that unknown death-entity aswell to take their power.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

Quote Originally Posted by Nnyco View Post
    I assume is that in the end she will betray that unknown death-entity aswell to take their power.
    And then saves us all?

AZEROTH IS FREEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Guarantee there's gonna be a Sylvanas statue in Org next expansion, quote me on that

7+ Year Old Account
    Her character stopped making sense after wotlk
    This world don't give us nothing. It be our lot to suffer... and our duty to fight back.

Like Jaina her character was too dependant on Arthas. Honestly Blizzard killing the bastard too quickly kinda ruined many characters before forming arcs for them away from the certain ones.
    Quote Originally Posted by Varitok View Post
    No, she is my waifu. Stop posting and delete this thread immediately.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ophenia View Post
    Voted Baine because... Well, Baine. Total nonsensical character, looks like World War II Italy, nobody really understands what role he's supposed to fill, not even himself

I don't think she'd be just a minion, rather a character who knows her place for the moment, with the aim of eventually surpassing it. Not an uncommon character trait for charismatic servants of dark entities.
    Now you see it. Now you don't.

But was where Dalaran?

Remember in WC3 when she made deals with dreadlords thus becoming a lackey of the Burning Legion? I think they pretend to pull one of those again. She used to be the sort of trickster character, who sees she has a massive disadvantage so she plays dirty using questionable allies and such.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    Quote Originally Posted by MatthiasVonTzeskagrad View Post
    Remember in WC3 when she made deals with dreadlords thus becoming a lackey of the Burning Legion? I think they pretend to pull one of those again. She used to be the sort of trickster character, who sees she has a massive disadvantage so she plays dirty using questionable allies and such.
    Erm....you are aware that she forced said dreadlord to serve her right?

No idea why people keep assuming she is a minion or servant... As we know she never has been. Just because she is fighting for death could also mean she does so with her own will instead of being a servant.

Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    That’s not entirely correct though. She just thought that she was intimidating enough but failed at controlling him.

That is exactly what I mean, she pretended to be a minion, then kicked the dreadlords ass into servitude, that's the trickster essence.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kwento View Post
    That’s not entirely correct though. She just thought that she was intimidating enough but failed at controlling him.
    And how does it make her "made deals with dreadlords thus becoming a lackey of the Burning Legion?"

- - - Updated - - -

That is exactly what I mean, she pretended to be a minion, then kicked the dreadlords ass into servitude, that's the trickster essence.
    She pretended to be minion by beating him into submission?

And how does it make her "made deals with dreadlords thus becoming a lackey of the Burning Legion?"

- - - Updated - - -

She pretended to be minion by beating him into submission?
    Didn't she feigned serving him previously, then betrayed his ass and beat him?
    Perhaps I remember this one bad.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    At least she thought she did.
    Given that he helped her liberate forsaken and deal with his brothers (and that other guy) she did.

- - - Updated - - -

Didn't she feigned serving him previously, then betrayed his ass and beat him?
    Perhaps I remember this one bad.
    Yes, you definately remember this one bad. It was garithos whom she struck truce with and then stabbed him.

10+ Year Old Account
    And yet the Nathrezim survived and he kept carrying on a task given to him by Sargeras as well as subverted the RAS against Sylvanas.
    And yet achieved nothing.

It doesn’t. Just making sure that imaginary bitch doesn’t get the credit for something she didn’t do.

It all really depends on what the greater entity is all about. If it has an agenda where it rules supreme then yes, Sylvanas' character got a nice kick to the dead uterus.
    However if the death entity has no real agenda beyond spreading death, then Sylvanas can serve it perfectly fine, as she is still the one in control, she is just borrowing powers from something greater, similar to what Shamans do.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kwento View Post
    It doesn’t. Just making sure that imaginary bitch doesn’t get the credit for something she didn’t do.
    She controlled him pretty well to do her job for her. He is even still salty about it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Cool, he still didn't really serve her and betrayed her.
    Oh yes, because serving someone is 1:0 situation. You are saying that removing burning legion presence from lordaeron was some genius plan on his account?