View Poll Results: 10 days left, what'll it be?

Voters
92. This poll is closed
  • Hard Brexit (crash out)

45 48.91%
  • No Brexit (Remain by revoking A50)

24 26.09%
  • Withdrawal Agreement (after a new session is called)

0 0%
  • Extension + Withdrawal Agreement

3 3.26%
  • Extension + Crashout

9 9.78%
  • Extension + Remain

11 11.96%
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dribbles View Post
    Sure he can afford more, but he could also do as Gerard Depardieu did to the EU when they tried to take too much. He could piss off from the UK and pay much less too. Brexit and the lowering of taxes will incentivise him and others like him to stay, not do a Depardieu from the UK...

Did you see the proposed abolishment of Inheritance Tax by the Tories yesterday? Precisely this type of policy keeps beans on the table of the poor.

Bring on that Brexit inspired Singapore on Thames in just a few days time and let the poor rejoice...
    You have a very interesting definition of "poor" if inheritance tax is anything of concern to that group.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by draykorinee View Post
    https://www.independent.co.uk/news/u...Elm9cDrIUPe950

96% of the time facial recognition gets it wrong on criminals.

And this is the stuff that is meant to take the place of a hard border according to that idiot Boris.
    Let’s not forget, implement across a 300 mile border in 4 weeks.

Never mind that as bad as it is against people looking straight at it, anyone taking any effort to evade it will do so.

Quote Originally Posted by draykorinee View Post
    https://www.independent.co.uk/news/u...Elm9cDrIUPe950

96% of the time facial recognition gets it wrong on criminals.

And this is the stuff that is meant to take the place of a hard border according to that idiot Boris.
    There is no mention of facial recognition in the UK proposal.

10+ Year Old Account
    You are all over thinking this, the proposal send to Brussels wasn't intended for Brussels, they knew it wouldn't hold up.

It is part of the large victim complex the conservative base and UKIP is building continuously, because they want to ensure they have some sort of argument to blame the opposition and the EU for their shortcomings. Listen to bj's speech, he literally says they are working hard on a deal before the no deal date.

They aren't working hard, they want that to happen. Showing up at the talks and presenting nothing claiming to be deep in negotiations, doubt be so easily fooled by this government. The majority of the cabinet is for a no deal exit, yet suddenly they are working hard on preventing -that-. Think about it, it doesn't make sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Northern Goblin View Post
    People still trying to sell trickle down as viable in 2019 need to be sent back to compulsory economics class at personal expense.

So the question is what happens at the upcoming summit regarding Johnson complying with the law, all his bluff and bluster is well and good but ultimately pointless when Parliament has his balls in their grasp.
    Problem is, we don't know how strong that grasp actualy is.

What happens if he breaks the law?

We crash out and he get impeached.

But we haven't impeached since 1806 and 2 of the crucial positions in that process don't exhist anymore since the reform act.

Soooooooo.

I am Murloc!
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jessicka View Post
    Let’s not forget, implement across a 300 mile border in 4 weeks.

Never mind that as bad as it is against people looking straight at it, anyone taking any effort to evade it will do so.
    300 miles and ~270 crossings. have fun to place obstacles to narrow it down and then police the queues.

and for policing the border this gem:

"Northern Ireland’s chief constable, Simon Byrne, has said that his officers will not staff any form of border security after Brexit."

nu nu..... open border because nobody is there to control ? ok, works too ...
    Last edited by ranzino; 2019-10-03 at 02:27 PM.

Taking back control boys!

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Transworth View Post
    I see very little tax being paid by the rich.

Amazon are not paying tax. Starbucks are not paying tax. Google are not paying tax. Hundreds of rich celebrities are known to be tax avoiders.

The banks were actually given a trillion pounds worth of public money. Who do you think pays for that?

I think you need a basic economics lesson: wealth is created by labour. The rich do not labour. The one thing that can be said for Brexit, and there isn't a lot frankly, is that it will get rid of a lot of useless idle rich people creaming the wealth of the backs of the lower and middle-classes.
    And I see no tax whatsoever paid by benefit scroungers - all take take take.

At least the rich pay some, didn't you see Alan Sugar's cheque?

You are quite correct however in that the rich do not labour. But they provide it, for those who would otherwise not have any opportunity at all.

It is only fair that the the risk takers and labour providers get the vast majority of profits from their enterprise. Try to take it off them as Labour will do and they will leave the country taking their wealth and labour provision with them. What will the poor eat then when they can't work? Commie Corbyn will take the people back to the days of eating rats as a luxury on Sundays with no Yorkshire Pudding.

Even the poor people know this, it's why PM Corbyn will never happen and the Labour vote share is in the sewers.
    13/11/2022 Sir Keir Starmer. "Brexit is safe in my hands, Let me be really clear about Brexit. There is no case for going back into the EU and no case for going into the single market or customs union. Freedom of movement is over"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jessicka View Post
    I don't think anyone pretends it does anymore, they usually pretty free in admitting that the whole structure is engineered to funnel wealth upwards.
    That's what he did though.. He literally said that lower taxes would protect the poor.

So all those shenanigans to avoid paying inheritance tax will be for naught?

I can't imagine anyone with any real money pays inheritance tax these days unless they die very unexpectedly. And young.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by nRes View Post
    If they give it they'll be seen as the bad guys too, except it will be in the eyes of the citizens of the EU. You know they are supposed to protect our interests right? All this talk about protecting the interests of the EU member states, yet they keep supplicating to british parliament.

This is a terrible argument, by the way. The EU will be seen as the bad guys by Brexiteers regardless of what they do, that's not going to change. I think at this point the EU is trying to save the UK from it's own incompetence, which is actually sad because they can't. They can't because as long as there are tens of millions of people on that island who want to leave the EU, the Brexit sentiment will be ever persistent.

It's not that I want them to leave or to get kicked out. It's that they need to leave, because if they remain they'll always be a bi-polar country and having a core member with such a huge anti-EU sentiment will serve to undermine the whole EU project. I thought this much would've become obvious to Brussels after the past couple of years, but I guess they know better than me. Let's hope they're right...
    I'm an EU citizen and I'd rather they try to get a good deal than force the UK out and basically throw them to the lions. It's in EVERYONE's best interest that as many people as possible are well off in the world.

Life isn't a zero-sum game that you can win by taking other people's stuff

- - - Updated - - -

You are quite correct however in that the rich do not labour. But they provide it, for those who would otherwise not have any opportunity at all.

It is only fair that the the risk takers and labour providers get the vast majority of profits from their enterprise. Try to take it off them as Labour will do and they will leave the country taking their wealth and labour provision with them. What will the poor eat then when they can't work? Commie Corbyn will take the people back to the days of eating rats as a luxury on Sundays with no Yorkshire Pudding.

Even the poor people know this, it's why PM Corbyn will never happen and the Labour vote share is in the sewers.
    The more money the poor have, the more money they have to spend in the rich people's stores, meaning the rich gets more money

Or you can just give the money straight to the rich and watch as people barely have enough to survive. Either way the rich get richer, but at least by giving money to the poor you're improving their life

Quote Originally Posted by Temp name View Post
    I'm an EU citizen and I'd rather they try to get a good deal than force the UK out and basically throw them to the lions. It's in EVERYONE's best interest that as many people as possible are well off in the world.
    Dude, they received a good deal and refused it. They aren't receiving a better deal. It's been how long now, 3 years? The EU message has been consistent from the start, yet what have the brits to show for these years? Zilch, nada. Not only have they not approved the deal they got, they aren't even prepared for the exit and as a bonus they've elected a clown rivaling Trump for a PM. I mean what else must they do, kill a puppy? These people are incompetent. Give them 3 more years and they'll still be at the exact same place they are at the moment.

So what's our game now? Give them 6 more months so that they can do what? Do a GE and elect even more pro-brexiteers? Do another referendum so that leave can win with a bigger margin than the last time? Then what? Is Gandalf going to ride in leading the rohirrim to stop Brexit?

10+ Year Old Account

They do not provide Labour.

They collect rent. They only ever take money out of the system.

For fucks sake, even Jesus hated the rich.

I am Murloc!
    7+ Year Old Account
    https://twitter.com/eucopresident/st...62497466830848

Donald Tusk
    @eucopresident
    "Today I had two phone calls on #Brexit, first with Dublin then with London.
    My message to Taoiseach @LeoVaradkar:
    We stand fully behind Ireland.
    My message to PM @BorisJohnson:
    We remain open but still unconvinced."

15+ Year Old Account
    It is only fair that the the risk takers and labour providers get the vast majority of profits from their enterprise.
    "The risk takers" hahahahaha one of your best jokes. Love it.
    Quote Originally Posted by ash
    So, look um, I'm not a grief counselor, but if it's any consolation, I have had to kill and bury loved ones before. A bunch of times actually.
    Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    I never said I was knowledge-able and I wouldn't even care if I was the least knowledge-able person and the biggest dumb-ass out of all 7.8 billion people on the planet.

10+ Year Old Account
    Dude, they received a good deal and refused it. They aren't receiving a better deal. It's been how long now, 3 years? The EU message has been consistent from the start, yet what have the brits to show for these years? Zilch, nada. Not only have they not approved the deal they got, they aren't even prepared for the exit and as a bonus they've elected a clown rivaling Trump for a PM. I mean what else must they do, kill a puppy? These people are incompetent. Give them 3 more years and they'll still be at the exact same place they are at the moment.

So what's our game now? Give them 6 more months so that they can do what? Do a GE and elect even more pro-brexiteers? Do another referendum so that leave can win with a bigger margin than the last time? Then what? Is Gandalf going to ride in leading the rohirrim to stop Brexit?
    Either they're going to get their shit together and leave properly, or they're going to hold another referendum and stay. Them leaving with no deal will hurt everyone

Quote Originally Posted by Temp name View Post
    Either they're going to get their shit together and leave properly, or they're going to hold another referendum and stay. Them leaving with no deal will hurt everyone
    That's a really naive view of the situation. Having another referendum doesn't guarantee a victory for Remain, they could lose again and worse than the first time. And even if it did, as I said before, what about the millions of people who want to leave? What do we do about those?

10+ Year Old Account
    That's a really naive view of the situation. Having another referendum doesn't guarantee a victory for Remain, they could lose again and worse than the first time. And even if it did, as I said before, what about the millions of people who want to leave? What do we do about those?
    Enough leavers have already died, while plenty of remainers have come of age to vote in it. It’s just maths, Remain should win based on that alone.

And even if it did, as I said before, what about the millions of people who want to leave? What do we do about those?
    Vast majority of those people have problems that are nothing to do with the EU, so you fix their actual problems instead. Virtually no-one in the UK even thought Europe was an issue before the referendum was called.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    What about the millions of people who want to remain? What do we do about those?
    Deport us to the EU.