Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    We do not actually know enough about the greater implications of death to really know if they are an active threat to the void though. From what i would assume, then death is simply a threat to teh void because they require somehting ot have a will of its own and be some variation of alive to corrupt, their greater plan includes corrupting Azeroth afterall, Sylvanas, and by extension death may be looking to spread enough death that Azeroth itself dies, which would be disastrous to the void lords' plan.
    My theory is that the usual death entities like Bwonsamdi and others just collect souls into their own post-shadowlands realms to grow in power. They know they need life as a counter-force to keep balance (without life, there's no death). These entities usually despise undead because they break the cycle.

However, there's some unknown death entity that is either mad or too greedy and just wants to eradicate life or replace it with undead. It's either Helya or something above Helya (maybe the entity Odyn made a bargain with to learn Death's secrets). Either way, this entity seems have been weakened or dormant and Sylvanas is empowering it through genocide. Its ultimate goal may be indeed to kill the World Soul, which would ultimately foil the Old Gods' very purpose.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Pheraz View Post
    I don't think they will do harm to Alleria one half expansion after introducing her and her faction/"race".
    Also, which two deaths did she experience?

Azshara is directly connected to Nzoth
    During 7.3.5, there was a dialogue with Alleria in which she said she felt she died twice: once when they got lost in Draenor, and then when she consumed L'ura. She also says that she fears "death is the true legacy of the Windrunners".

So, the "three deaths" may not be literal dying. Her third "death" could be her being lost to the Void's influence.

Anyway, possible candidates for "her third death":

* Sylvanas: Died thrice already, but some people consider that her death by Arthas was actually her "birth" as the "Banshee Queen" and does not count.
    * Alleria: "Died" twice metaphorically, as she herself acknowledges it. The "third death" may also be a metaphor.
    * Azshara: Almost died in the Sundering, then on Nazjatar. Her true final demise may be the "Third Death".
    * Helya: Died twice, once when Odyn turned her into a val'kyr, then when Odyn sent adventurers to kill her in Helheim. She's been growing in power in the background since, and may be the entity behind Sylvanas' actions.
    Last edited by DeicideUH; 2019-10-03 at 10:37 AM.
    Whatever...

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowlands-is-fake View Post
    Whether that tease alluded to 8.3 or simply a twist in 8.2.5 was anybody's guess.
    No it wasn't. It was exactly what they did with 7.3 during Legion's mid- expansion Blizzcon.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DeicideUH View Post
    My theory is that the usual death entities like Bwonsamdi and others just collect souls into their own post-shadowlands realms to grow in power. They know they need life as a counter-force to keep balance (without life, there's no death). These entities usually despise undead because they break the cycle.

However, there's some unknown death entity that is either mad or too greedy and just wants to eradicate life or replace it with undead. It's either Helya or something above Helya (maybe the entity Odyn made a bargain with to learn Death's secrets). Either way, this entity seems have been weakened or dormant and Sylvanas is empowering it through genocide. Its ultimate goal may be indeed to kill the World Soul, which would ultimately foil the Old Gods' very purpose.

- - - Updated - - -

During 7.3.5, there was a dialogue with Alleria in which she said she felt she died twice: once when they got lost in Draenor, and then when she consumed L'ura. She also says that she fears "death is the true legacy of the Windrunners".

So, the "three deaths" may not be literal dying. Her third "death" could be her being lost to the Void's influence.

Anyway, possible candidates for "her third death":

* Sylvanas: Died thrice already, but some people consider that her death by Arthas was actually her "birth" as the "Banshee Queen" and does not count.
    * Alleria: "Died" twice metaphorically, as she herself acknowledges it. The "third death" may also be a metaphor.
    * Azshara: Almost died in the Sundering, then on Nazjatar. Her true final demise may be the "Third Death".
    * Helya: Died twice, once when Odyn turned her into a val'kyr, then when Odyn sent adventurers to kill her in Helheim. She's been growing in power in the background since, and may be the entity behind Sylvanas' actions.
    Great summ up. Where do you get that puzzle box quotes from?
    Zorn | Vynd | Pheraz | Sylwina | Mondlicht | Eis | Blut | Emerelle - Plus 20 more...

Quote Originally Posted by Pheraz View Post
    Great summ up. Where do you get that puzzle box quotes from?
    Wowpedia has them over several articles. These are the ones most relevant to BfA's plot:

Il'gynoth's (check the "Quotes" section)
    N'Zoth whispers in Uu'nat fight (check the "Quotes" section)
    Ogmot's Dream Journal
    Eye of the Corruptor's quotes

Xal'atath may have some more clues:
    Xal'atath's quotes

Worth taking a look:
    Puzzle Box of Yog-saron
    Xal'atoh's quotes
    Whatever...

I wonder who will be the Khadgar/Magni of the next expansion.
    Alleria, Valeera, Wrathion? I haven't done the new Wrathion quests yet, so I don't know how that plays out.

And who will be the new leader of the forsaken, if they even get one?
    Alonsos Faol? Lilian Voss? Maybe another blood elf? Vereesa?
    Vereesa's had very little spotlight compared to her two sisters.

Also: what if Sargeras whispered Vol'jin and told him to make Sylvanas the new warchief? He had been stabbed by the Legion after all.

Quote Originally Posted by Explicit Teemo Nudes View Post
    Alleria, Valeera, Wrathion? I haven't done the new Wrathion quests yet, so I don't know how that plays out.

And who will be the new leader of the forsaken, if they even get one?
    Alonsos Faol? Lilian Voss? Maybe another blood elf? Vereesa?
    Vereesa's had very little spotlight compared to her two sisters.

Also: what if Sargeras whispered Vol'jin and told him to make Sylvanas the new warchief? He had been stabbed by the Legion after all.
    If it's Shadowlands it might be a dead hero, like Uther, who might be working for Tyr. Vol'jin on Horde side perhaps, if the one who brought him back was Tyr.

Calia will lead the Forsaken, there's no other real option. Faol and Voss will most likely be on a new Desolate Council to advise her along with Derek. I'm hoping for some other names like Belmont, Alexi Barov and Helcular to fill some spots.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowlands-is-fake View Post
    Considering I was pretty much the one who started the 8.3 naysayer movement, I think my opinion weighs a bit more than most. I talked of a no-show for 8.3 on Reddit several months ago and it generated tons of traffic, then I did it again here on MMO-Champion. It's only in recent weeks that some known YouTubers have started tagging along, but most of them do it for the wrong reasons.
    Dude, only movement you started was in your bowels. If I have to pick someone that came up first with this ridiculous idea, I think it was Nyel. And he did that months ago, when only hint about 8.3 was Blizzcon (and you know, stuff like logic and working calendar).

"I think my opinion weighs a bit more than most" - oh, Lord ;D

Quote Originally Posted by Explicit Teemo Nudes View Post
    If Dragon Isles will be next "continent", my guess is Wrathion. But unlike Khadgar, Magni will probably be muuch more active in 8.3 patch.
    Last edited by Dracullus; 2019-10-03 at 01:29 PM.

"Also: what if Sargeras whispered Vol'jin and told him to make Sylvanas the new warchief? He had been stabbed by the Legion after all."

That'd make Sargeras even more badass than prior...

- - - Updated - - -

I assume that, maybe, just maybe, the backside of Azeroth would be the Dragon Isles. I mean, it'd be cool and all, seeing a continent full of Dragons and shit.

10+ Year Old Account
    Azshara will be the one to usher in the Black Empire, but that doesn't mean that is what 9.0 is all about.(The Azshara part I'm pretty confident about but we'll see)
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    "Also: what if Sargeras whispered Vol'jin and told him to make Sylvanas the new warchief? He had been stabbed by the Legion after all."

That'd make Sargeras even more badass than prior...

- - - Updated - - -

I assume that, maybe, just maybe, the backside of Azeroth would be the Dragon Isles. I mean, it'd be cool and all, seeing a continent full of Dragons and shit.
    On old Vanilla map Dragon Isles were situated north of Stratholme. I think it would fit as area for 'Death' expansion: Stratholme as capital, plaguelands zone, quel'talas zone and 2-3 zones on Dragon Isles. It's also last uncovered area (beside isle here and there) on known part of Azeroth.

Quote Originally Posted by Dracullus View Post
    On old Vanilla map Dragon Isles were situated north of Stratholme. I think it would fit as area for 'Death' expansion: Stratholme as capital, plaguelands zone, quel'talas zone and 2-3 zones on Dragon Isles. It's also last uncovered area (beside isle here and there) on known part of Azeroth.
    I hope they keep the old placement of the Dragon Isles exactly because of that. Gilneas could be used as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Nagawithlegs View Post
    I hope they keep the old placement of the Dragon Isles exactly because of that. Gilneas could be used as well.
    And I hope they base one of the things there on the old concept model by John Staats based on the well known concept art. <3 that model.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Marlamin View Post
    And I hope they base one of the things there on the old concept model by John Staats based on the well known concept art. <3 that model.
    What specifically do you have in mind, all I can think of is that octopus looking thing thats hanging on the island of the concept art. >.>
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by Nagawithlegs View Post
    Would waste their potential depiction as a flying archipelago.

Quote Originally Posted by Hitei View Post
    Why? It could still be flying.. it would just be located near and possibly connected in ways to very popular zones.

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    What specifically do you have in mind, all I can think of is that octopus looking thing thats hanging on the island of the concept art. >.>
    This model based on this concept art.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hitei View Post
    Make it fly around Azeroth so you can randomly see old locations on Azeroth. Like for a few minutes you can see Kalimdor...etc etc.

Warrior-Magi

Isn't that the BFA Dungeon thing, basically?

Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Isn't that the BFA Dungeon thing, basically?
    Which BfA dungeon thing?

Which BfA dungeon thing?
    I think he means its like the shrine of the storm area. like the last part.