Thread: 8.3 soon™

Page 6 of 21 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Polarthief View Post
    If this has a full raid tier, I will be so mad. Just end this god awful expansion please.
    if you came here for fake internet points an validation shouting nonsense "bfa bad" then i'm affraid you will be equally as dissapointed as with blizzard not making people wait 1.5 year with one patch

Quote Originally Posted by styil View Post
    They won't. There's a 9 boss raid coming out next month.
    sure bring out a 9 boss raid with zero testing - not gonna happen....

Quote Originally Posted by Gurbz View Post
    Prepare for disappointment, then. The very existence of 8.3, combined with the fact that the expansion hasn't even been announced yet, means that we aren't getting the expansion until Summer 2020 at the earliest. End of summer/early fall is more likely, based on past releases. And the aren't likely to keep the current raid tier around for a year.
    the next expansion is gonna be bad like everything since draenor.
    WoW is a very bad game for many years and Blizzard's quality is horrible in any case.
    AAA = done

Quote Originally Posted by tmamass View Post
    hahaha...blizzcon will be 8.3 not 9.0 :-D
    Sometimes I wonder if people like you actually believe this stuff or you're just being contrary because you get off on it somehow. The thought that Blizzard isn't going to use Blizzcon to generate hype for an expansion is beyond absurd.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by reploid View Post

credit goes to to u/Belrj on reddit
    link
    8.3 most likely announced at BlizzCon, and then question from there is - Expansion news or are we to expect 3+ more patches after..
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Quote Originally Posted by scarecrowz View Post
    Can you really blame people for wanting this garbage expansion to be over?
    hey, look who got banned. again.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowlands-is-fake View Post
    Keep in mind that if, indeed, there is a Patch 8.3 on the horizon, then it won't be like 6.2 or 7.3.

Every expansion typically has one major patch featuring a bunch of new landmasses, a large raid, new systems and so on. That has been the trend for nearly a decade now. In WoD, it was the final major patch (6.2) with Tanaan Jungle. In Legion, it was the final major patch (7.3) with Argus. In BfA, it was in 8.2.

Also remember that 8.2 was released roughly at the some point in the expansion's life cycle that 6.2 and 7.3 were. That's because it makes most sense to release that type of large content (new zones, systems, etc.) in the middle of the expansion, where it both invigorates the expansion that has been out for about a year at that point, but also serves to give that new content some room to breathe before the next expansion hits. That's how Blizzard can maximize profitability and ensure their development is done efficiently.

In short, we get new landmasses about once a year, either with a new expansion release, or with a major patch.

So with that said, 8.3 would be a different kind of patch (if it exists). We might see re-used landmasses in the form of Elwynn forest, Durotar, The Barrens, Stormwind and so on, which fits with the whole "assault on Stormwind" and "Barrens Warfront" theory floating around.

Think of it as Blizzard swapping places on patch 7.2 and 7.3. If you recall, 7.3 brought the Broken Shore which was just a rehashed boring landmass from the launch of the expansion, and they used it with repeatable content (grind) to effectively serve as padding while they kept developing 7.3. I guess this time around, they decided it was more sensible to give us the new landmasses first and the grind later.

If 8.3 is happening, I predict a January release, and that it'll continue using the gameplay features already established in BfA. Perhaps a Warfront, maybe a couple of new Allied Races and some Heritage Armour, and an escalation of the story that bridges the expansion to the next one. We might get a small raid and/or a dungeon, but I think it's pretty unlikely we'll see a fully-fledged raid tier. It just seems like a waste of resources given how 9.0 will just be a few months away when 8.3 would hit live servers. I suppose I could maybe see them doing a raid tier if they only re-used assets, including the location. That could fit with a raid on Thunder Bluff and Stormwind.

I'll add that there is one small chance for old zones to be revamped in such a patch, because that's where they are headed anyhow. So they could enhance Elwynn and the Barrens, for example.
    9.0 wont be until july or august. thats a few months from january?

- - - Updated - - -

sure bring out a 9 boss raid with zero testing - not gonna happen....
    its a lfr styled raid full of old raid bosses. its for the holiday. its not going to run indefinately. people are dumb.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Yagyu4k View Post
    the next expansion is gonna be bad like everything since draenor.
    WoW is a very bad game for many years and Blizzard's quality is horrible in any case.
    AAA = done
    cant wait to see you post shit about the next xpac. im sure you have plenty of free time.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    8.3 most likely announced at BlizzCon, and then question from there is - Expansion news or are we to expect 3+ more patches after..
    Clearly the story is continuing after BFA, so why wouldn't there be an expansion announcement at BlizzCon? If they aren't announcing it at BlizzCon, when would they conceivably announce it?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hitei View Post
    What? No. People who expect a new expansion are basing that on the fact that every two years for the past 15 years there has been a new expansion.
    True but we've also only had next expansion announcements once the previous one has mostly concluded it's developments and BfA has been stretching it rather. People have been arguing whether 8.2.5 has "concluded" BfA so it's fair to wonder whether 8.3 means there is going to be more with an expansion announced later.

Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    Clearly the story is continuing after BFA, so why wouldn't there be an expansion announcement at BlizzCon? If they aren't announcing it at BlizzCon, when would they conceivably announce it?
    Gamescom again? Maybe they'll chose PAX this time or next years Blizzcon to get the most money out of BfA and another con.
    Elune: "My sister needed Anima so I let my favoured people die. What is this 'Maw' you speak of?"
    Daily reminder that Steam has never had a monopoly on PC Gaming, don't mistake age and popularity for domination.
    Because people don't understand words: Forced and Necessity

Quote Originally Posted by dcc626 View Post
    hey, look who got banned. again.

- - - Updated - - -

9.0 wont be until july or august. thats a few months from january?

- - - Updated - - -

its a lfr styled raid full of old raid bosses. its for the holiday. its not going to run indefinately. people are dumb.

- - - Updated - - -

cant wait to see you post shit about the next xpac. im sure you have plenty of free time.

No I don't its just a fact that Blizzard is a terrible developer since they work with activision together.
    But its ok if you prefer crappy quality then keep it up and play their games and let them milk you

Quote Originally Posted by Darknessvamp View Post
    True but we've also only had next expansion announcements once the previous one has mostly concluded it's developments and BfA has been stretching it rather. People have been arguing whether 8.2.5 has "concluded" BfA so it's fair to wonder whether 8.3 means there is going to be more with an expansion announced later.
    I literally just showed you that both Cata and MoP were announced before their conclusions.

Quote Originally Posted by Yagyu4k View Post
    No I don't its just a fact that Blizzard is a terrible developer since they work with activision together.
    But its ok if you prefer crappy quality then keep it up and play their games and let them milk you
    soo, since before wotlk? bcs that is when they merged...

7+ Year Old Account
    >Blizzard:
    "this year blizzcon will be the biggest ever!11"
    "there will be lots of things in this year blizcon especially for world of warcraft

>Some people:
    they will just announce patch 8.3 at blizzcon and nothing more

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Darknessvamp View Post
    You realize, MOP was announced (Oct '11) BEFORE Dragonsoul went live (Nov '11). So the Cata story was far from finished when the next expansion was announced. So there is not necessarily a precedent as to what you say.
    We live in an era of "me versus them", an era where something is done that you don't like means you are personally attacked. People whine too much.
    Let us play video games and be happy.

Blizzard had full financial access first, activision managed it way later

Quote Originally Posted by NihilSustinet View Post
    because some random screenshot shows the numbers 8.3 with no context, you are convinced 8.3 will be a thing?
    And claiming 8.3 isnt' going to happen without any proof whatsoever make sense?
    pane, nutella e demon hunter

Quote Originally Posted by Dracullus View Post
    Now you want to argue about date? ;D I'll bite. Last possible date in 2019 is 17th December. First possible date for PTR is 8th October. That's 10 weeks. Also not much content was added in 8.2.5, they had lot of time to make assets, mechanics and quests for 8.3.

If they have planned to release 8.3 before Q4, for sure it's doable. And so far every BfA patch since 8.1 launched less than month before end of quarter.
    I don't wanna argue about a date, I'm just pointing out that even small patches tend to be on the PTS for almost two months and it's already October.

- - - Updated - - -

hahaha...you do realize they are making billions each year and you claim they wont last very long? roflmao
    Their revenue drastically decreased this year. Blizzard isn't making "billions" in non-expansion / no-new-game years.

And 9.0 will undoubtly be part of Blizzcon.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by bloodwulf View Post
    You realize, MOP was announced (Oct '11) BEFORE Dragonsoul went live (Nov '11). So the Cata story was far from finished when the next expansion was announced. So there is not necessarily a precedent as to what you say.

1) There is a big different between "Far from finish" and don't know how will finish and where... letting Blizzard spoiler the end of this expansion and what cames next at the Blizzcon. Also.. wasnt so "far from finish"...

2) Patch 4.3 was on test realm from 27 semptember and the content was just the Dragon Soul raid and new dungeons. Not a new zone Argus sized, as dreamed for this patch, but the final raid against the Expansion Boss in Wyrmrest Temple, a reused art set from WoTLK expansion...

Did you see the difference? Also, since Pandaria, Blizzard change his behavior about how the story will be driven from an expantion to another and how the patch content was relivered.

This is a totally new situation. You dont know how this expansion will be ended and you are also ready to know what happen next. So in the very moment Blizzard will show the next expansion, no one cares about 8.3...
    Argus in 2018 My prediction failed in part... But I'm still a Spacegoat

We'll likely get 9.0's announcement, details on it, some raid background and all on 8.3, etc...

Quote Originally Posted by JoshuaNLG View Post
    I'd say it's rather more to do with the fact that people just want this expansion over with because for the most part, it's one of the worst the games ever had.
    This. I expressed these feelings but was told that I shouldn't hope for those who like BFA not to get more content(I don't hope that) and that cancelling 8.3 would not make the next xpak get here quicker(I know that).

I had simply hoped that they planned long ago to put the next xpak out as early as possible, and that new raid content would be for a new expansion sooner, and not BFA.

They could even keep BFA(but shouldn't for marketing purposes) I just want them to bring back set bonuses, revert the gameplay to Legion or MoP quality, and give a good long term reward, that's all. However, they likely won't or can't do these things in the last patch of an xpak, so I'm stuck waiting.

Quote Originally Posted by BuliwyfZRage View Post
    Was this really big shocking news for everyone though?
    As if we are sitting on this patch until earliest August 2020.

What would be cooler if they would tease us 8.3 before BlizzCon, but I guess the Saurvanas is probably ment to be that.
    It is to those that insisted that 8.3 was cancelled.