Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Avskildhet View Post
    Dogs really should be banned in society.
    They really shouldn’t be as they benefits society in many ways.

7+ Year Old Account
    Not in any way that can't be replaced.
    That’s so incredibly stupid. Literally every thing can be replaced why would you get rid of something that has a tried and true method of being useful in a ton of different areas just because you can find a worse method as a replacement.

7+ Year Old Account
    Dogs are predators.
    And? That’s not an argument.

Dogs are predators.
    Dogs are man's best friend and loyal to the death if raised properly. You must have had some bad experiences or something and never felt the love, loyalty and friendship of a dog.
    Do you hear the voices too?

So should humans.

7+ Year Old Account
    Then you'd let a crocodile walk around freely?
    Crocodiles haven’t been domesticated and bred and trained to fulfil many roles in society. Try again.

So if we did that, you'd be fine with crocodiles walking around freely?
    You're really giving a hyperbolic argument here.

7+ Year Old Account
    So if we did that, you'd be fine with crocodiles walking around freely?
    If they were domesticated and then bred and trained in high skill rolls that made them invaluable to human society? Of course i would be you’d have to be an insane to be against it.

Makeup too.

I don't think I've ever met a dog that belonged to either a family member or friend be vicious with children. My aunt has two newfies and these are like the friendliest dogs ever. You have a higher chance of drowning from its drool then it attacking you. My uncle had two dalmations that were friendly with us but the male was losing his eye sight in his later years and would growl until you identified yourself. Growing up my dog was a small mixed breed that was always very gentle with children.

So what are these people doing with these dogs.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jotaux View Post
    My aunt has two newfies and these are like the friendliest dogs ever. You have a higher chance of drowning from its drool then it attacking you.
    As the owner of a Newfie I can confirm this. Though you also have to watch for there other two signature moves “blundering into you because it thinks it’s small” and “I’m the prettiest lap dog let me sit on you” these are truly fierce creatures.

Everything comes with collateral, dogs aren't too far removed from their gray wolf ancestors, to the point where most taxonomists even classify them as the same species. Not saying we should fearmonger over dogs, but the possibility always exists, especially if their needs (physical or psychological) are not being properly met.

The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Daemos daemonium View Post
    As the owner of a Newfie I can confirm this. Though you also have to watch for there other two signature moves “blundering into you because it thinks it’s small” and “I’m the prettiest lap dog let me sit on you” these are truly fierce creatures.
    Newfoundlands are a exceptional large dog which was not bred to be a aggressive guard or fighting dog. They where bred as working dogs for fishermen to help with pulling the nets in and to haul wood out of the forest. And also to be used for rescuing sailors, as they are good swimmers.
    " If destruction be our lot, we must ourselves be its author and finisher.." - Abraham Lincoln
    The Constitution be never construed to authorize Congress to - prevent the people of the United States, who are peaceable citizens, from keeping their own arms..” - Samuel Adams

7+ Year Old Account
    Once more, no shitty dogs, only shitty/irresponsible owners.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghostpanther View Post
    Newfoundlands are a exceptional large dog which was not bred to be a aggressive guard or fighting dog. They where bred as working dogs for fishermen to help with pulling the nets in and to haul wood out of the forest. And also to be used for rescuing sailors, as they are good swimmers.
    You can’t really think I was saying there aggressive right?

Dogs are predators.
    Humans are much more dangerous predators.

The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Daemos daemonium View Post
    You can’t really think I was saying there aggressive right?
    Of course not. I was just making the point that Newfoundlands, while very large dogs, have been bred to also be gentile. Same way the huge draft horses, because they are so large and powerful, special attention was given when they where bred. They are also gentile animals. The subject of the thread is about large aggressive dogs attacking people after all.
    " If destruction be our lot, we must ourselves be its author and finisher.." - Abraham Lincoln
    The Constitution be never construed to authorize Congress to - prevent the people of the United States, who are peaceable citizens, from keeping their own arms..” - Samuel Adams

guy up the street from us had two rottweilers. fucking things killed a whole litter of kittens of ours once. they went and killed this guy's goats too, but he shot them both dead right there, best thing anyone's done on this road.

i don't trust any big dogs really, but simple-minded fools trained to ignore pattern recognition always slither out of the woodwork to defend the most dangerous ones when they do what they always wind up doing.

Should just kill all dogs.

Quote Originally Posted by Katie N View Post
    Should just kill all dogs.
    Lmao I would love to see you try that and see what happens.

And could you give us some reasons we should kill all dogs? that will never happen btw so wishfull thinking at best.

Just today acually or well a while back we had a dog save his 16 year old owner from burglars, dog was beaten and shot multiple times but lived, a damn hero. Would you be able to do that? i dont fucking think so probably start running the moment they showed their weapons.

“Both of the burglars struggled and beat him up with whatever they could. Rex stormed back to the upstairs floor all beat up and bloody from the beating to check on his master who was still hiding in the closet”

“As they entered the room where my nephew was hiding in the closet, Rex came out with the little strength he had left in him and threw himself at them as he knew my nephew was in danger. Sadly they shot Rex 4 times and finally Rex, the hero dog gave up in his battle.”

Loyal to the death with no second thought at all protecting his owner.

$62,221 raised for medical bills and they only needed 10k btw on gofundme.

https://www.reddit.com/r/iamatotalpi...ultiple_times/

Dog also got PTSD from the experience but is recovering.
    Last edited by ParanoiD84; 2019-10-03 at 07:10 PM.
    Do you hear the voices too?