Thread: 8.3 soon™

Page 9 of 21 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by unbound View Post
    In fairness, I do think many were legitimately questioning whether BfA would go the way of WoD and skip 8.3.
    no only people who hate Blizzard no matter what they do think that way....

Quote Originally Posted by Izalla View Post
    I'm not even entirely sure what you're suggesting by this except that I'm already tired of the idea and not looking forward to weeks of the same "the expac is already over" nonsense disguised as something else that we apparently still have to deal with until the patch is actually announced/ptr is live.
    8.3 is confirmed to have a raid.

Yeah but it won't be a full raid with lots of bosses.

The 8.3 raid is confirmed to have 11 bosses.

Yeah but it won't be good bosses with new mechanics.

Each boss will feature a new mechanic.

Yeah but I won't have fun doing them because I'm a troll.

There. Now we can get proper moderation and go ahead and ban the 8.3 deniers, since I covered their next 3-4 months of posting for them.
    Snarky: Adjective - Any language that contains quips or comments containing sarcastic or satirical witticisms intended as blunt irony. Usually delivered in a manner that is somewhat abrupt and out of context and intended to stun and amuse.

Quote Originally Posted by tmamass View Post
    fixed your flaw there. but then again for you ONLY wow is a Blizzcon game right...
    You're delusional if you think they don't announce the next expansion. WoW is their biggest game next to Overwatch, they absolutely will announce 9.0.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

Quote Originally Posted by Softbottom View Post
    Why wouldn't there be an 8.3? 8.2 has only been out since june 25th.. Players are getting more impatient than i've seen in the entire history of this game.
    Despite the fact that raiding in BFA has had more players and guilds than Legion actively playing, a large number of accounts who hate Blizzard (likely coordinated by a few people) spam all the various subforums with claims of BFA being a failure, low player counts, etc.

We're at the point in the tier when progression stalls out. The keyboard turners are realized they aren't getting AOTC and are giving up. The AOTC guilds wiping on Mythic Sivara are sad that they don't get a loot pinata this tier. The middling mythic guilds are stuck on Ashvane and the 5% nerf didn't get them past her. The above average mythic guilds are pushing towards CE slowly. The top end mythic guilds are bored with farming. The top one to two hundred players per realm are hitting neck 70.

We have at least 2 months left in the 6 month tier, due to not releasing around the holidays so developers can be allowed to spend time with their families. People are kinda bored though. The anniversary event will give people something to do for a little bit, but... That's just what happens around this time of the year.

The worst part is people like me who will take 2+ weeks off for Christmas due to PTO expiring and have nothing to really grind at in WoW.
    Snarky: Adjective - Any language that contains quips or comments containing sarcastic or satirical witticisms intended as blunt irony. Usually delivered in a manner that is somewhat abrupt and out of context and intended to stun and amuse.

Quote Originally Posted by Tartys View Post
    If there is a person that know how a Game Studios works, its me! Infact, my argument is not about Blizzard cant do that... it's about how this situation its different from the past! As you have quoted. There is no way to avoid the new expansion will cannibalize the attention from the 8.3 patch.
    Naxx released After Tbc announcement
    Sunwell Pleteau released after Wrath Announcement
    ICC released after Cata Announcement
    Dragon Soul released after Mop Announcement
    Antorus released after BfA Announcement

How is this so different from the past?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tartys View Post

Also, if you think 8.3 will be in January and 9.0 in July, this means the pre-patch will avaiable in June.
    So, the 8.3 patch will be up for less than the other patchs with Allied races used to catch up subscriptions...

Second phase of WoW Classic, begging for an alpha key... raise a new allied races... You know, just like in the past, except for that WoW Classic thing.
    But the good new is... the new expansion will be available soon. Its a new situation... I told you!

I have a mixed feeling about Shadowlands too... expecially if during the Blizzcon it will be revealed that we go with Wration to the dragon island and in tour on Northrend to secure same Titan facilities in order to find a way to use the N'zoth power against him... and a minute later Blizzard we show us death in the new expansion: Shadowlands. Never happen...
    Highlighted a few things, first i said 8.3 Jan, and 9.0 (PREPATCH) for July with Expansion Aug/Sept. So guess what, plenty of time for people to complete the 8.3 content. Second, Classic has robbed what it is going to rob. While we may see a bit of churn each way from patches on either game, it wont be a concerning amount. Also, the players that actually participate in Alpha\Beta is a microscopic amount of players in the grand scheme of things, especially because they are doing shorter betas now. As for allied races, that is patch 8.3 content.............

As for your final comment. I believe Blizzard can easily show us 8.3, build hype, then also show us a trailer and a feature or two of the next expansion, without spoiling how we got from 8.3 to 9.0. They literally did that before. You can make a hype trailer that features all the cool new shit, but not let people know how the game gets to that point.

You realize exactly what i have described has happened many times in the past. We have gotten the last major patch and an expansion announced at the same time.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dracullus View Post
    Where do you get idea that 8.3 PTR will be encrypted? They manage to hide 8.2.5 story, but it was like 2 quests and cinematics are always encrypted anyway. Any noticeable piece of content need to be tested.
    I never said the entire thing would be, i said it will have a lot of encrypted storyline content that will bridge into 9.0. You can test the raid\feature without spoiling the story, they proved they can test all they want in 8.2.5 and still have the story hidden.
    We live in an era of "me versus them", an era where something is done that you don't like means you are personally attacked. People whine too much.
    Let us play video games and be happy.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Duke of Earl View Post
    And?

Patch 2.0.1 isn't the pre-2.0.1 patch. That was the one before that. That is what pre means. It means before.
    You might want to read again.

2.0.1 is the prepatch to 2.0.3
    3.0.2 is the prepatch to 3.0.3

Nowadays Blizzards tech is advanced enough for them to just patch in everything and timegate it instead.
    So the launch patch aka 8.0.1/7.0.3 is also the prepatch.

Formerly known as Arafal

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    Heck, they need this expansion to carry this Blizzcon. Starcraft is dead, another HS expansion is snoreee and the only other exciting thing they can reveal is D4 and it's like 50/50 chance.
    Tbh, I remember reading something about a single player campaign for OW, and even rumours of an OW2. But that seems even less likely than a proper (i.e. for PC) D4.
    Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    WoD was the expansion that was targeted at non raiders.

Quote Originally Posted by bloodwulf View Post
    Highlighted a few things, first i said 8.3 Jan, and 9.0 (PREPATCH) for July with Expansion Aug/Sept. So guess what, plenty of time for people to complete the 8.3 content. Second, Classic has robbed what it is going to rob. While we may see a bit of churn each way from patches on either game, it wont be a concerning amount. Also, the players that actually participate in Alpha\Beta is a microscopic amount of players in the grand scheme of things, especially because they are doing shorter betas now. As for allied races, that is patch 8.3 content.............

As for your final comment. I believe Blizzard can easily show us 8.3, build hype, then also show us a trailer and a feature or two of the next expansion, without spoiling how we got from 8.3 to 9.0. They literally did that before. You can make a hype trailer that features all the cool new shit, but not let people know how the game gets to that point.

You realize exactly what i have described has happened many times in the past. We have gotten the last major patch and an expansion announced at the same time.

- - - Updated - - -

I never said the entire thing would be, i said it will have a lot of encrypted storyline content that will bridge into 9.0. You can test the raid\feature without spoiling the story, they proved they can test all they want in 8.2.5 and still have the story hidden.
    Agree with all of this with one possible exception - they would probably do allied races in an 8.3.5 as part of a "get access to them through pre purchase of 9.0" deal, or just 8.3.5 in general.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tyrlaan View Post
    Agree with all of this with one possible exception - they would probably do allied races in an 8.3.5 as part of a "get access to them through pre purchase of 9.0" deal, or just 8.3.5 in general.
    That is a fair point, they could do the same thing they did in legion. I think there is a real chance we can see two sets, 8.3 allied that fit the BFA theme, and 9.0 ones that fit with whatever the main trailer for 9.0 is. This could even be a single race like pandaren that can choose faction (that is if factions are the same in 9.0 as previous which is a bit questionable).
    We live in an era of "me versus them", an era where something is done that you don't like means you are personally attacked. People whine too much.
    Let us play video games and be happy.

Quote Originally Posted by Arafal View Post
    You might want to read again.

2.0.1 is the prepatch to 2.0.3
    3.0.2 is the prepatch to 3.0.3

Nowadays Blizzards tech is advanced enough for them to just patch in everything and timegate it instead.
    So the launch patch aka 8.0.1/7.0.3 is also the prepatch.
    I don't get what you are trying to tell me.

I am shocked, how dare they release 8.3, HOW DARE THEY!!! All rage spam their forums... I bet many haters can't sleep now.

Quote Originally Posted by Velerios View Post
    Simply: because 8.2 was already too late, 8.2.5 has only the war campaign that's far too small (but luckily NOT GATED, Good move blizz) and exactly because it's out since around 3 1/2 months it's out and there was absolutely NO news about 8.3 at all. AND since a PTR takes around 2 months for a major patch, it's already around the magic number of 154 days between major content patches.

IF blizzard wants to bring out the PTR on blizzcon, then it's already 4 1/2 months in, and more than 6 months between major patches is not really impatience anymore.
    Luckily 8.2 is one of the better patches with a BIT more content than usual. Still: yes, it's time for the PTR.

I also think that we might get the PTR before blizzcon; since the last ptr was released 2 weeks after the first vendor build came out.
    The next expansion will just launch in early fall instead of end of summer. I don't see this being a big deal. This is coming from someone who doesn't even play alts. I find I have enough stuff to do on my only character.

Quote Originally Posted by Soon-TM View Post
    Tbh, I remember reading something about a single player campaign for OW, and even rumours of an OW2. But that seems even less likely than a proper (i.e. for PC) D4.
    Honestly, considering the amount of skins and cosmetic content including maps and stuff I see OW going the WoW route and it will continue being expanded on rather than making a OW2. Which includes overhauls to combat and such. Making a sequel at this point is kinda pointless. Not sure what OW2 could introduce which can't be implemented in OW already.

Quote Originally Posted by Sarkol View Post
    The next expansion is the big announcement. While they could do both at the same time, that means the focus is divided which isn't ideal.
    I doubt they'll go full on a new expansion at Blizzcon, they haven't even started to show content for 8.3 yet.
    Quote Originally Posted by scarecrowz View Post
    Trust me.

Zyky is better than you.

Quote Originally Posted by Zyky View Post
    I doubt they'll go full on a new expansion at Blizzcon, they haven't even started to show content for 8.3 yet.
    They will fully flesh out most of the new features coming out and big class changes they have too. they can't hold onto that for next blizzcon, cause then the xpac will be out already.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tmamass View Post
    apart from the FACT there is no 9.0 at Blizzcon how is the last week of october 2 weeks before blizzcon which is 1./2. of november?

- - - Updated - - -

hahaha...you do realize they are making billions each year and you claim they wont last very long? roflmao

- - - Updated - - -

if you fool dont belive a screenshot just go look for yourself at the vendor like https://www.wowhead.com/news=295414/...32044-ptr-soon did

- - - Updated - - -

calling bfa dog shit is not critizism....
    Theres no need to be an ass. I didn't realize they were still making money cause half the people unsubbed because BFA is awful. (I am mixed about it, I like it, and I don't like it)

Quote Originally Posted by Zyky View Post
    What reason do you have to doubt it? We have years of experience and evidence to suggest a new expansion being the focus is almost certainly what will happen.

I don't mean to pick on you specifically, but there are far too many of these sorts of posts in these threads. Comments with zero thought or evidence behind them, and they come up repeatedly. At times it genuinely feels like trolling.

Quote Originally Posted by Nnyco View Post
    That was datamined since like april.
    What are you talking about?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Niroshi View Post
    So what you're saying is that the vast majority of players aren't expected to enjoy BFA? Are you sure about that?
    It's a valid argument, if you aren't raiding really what are you doing. There is nothing to do outside of raids, spamming the same dungeon over and over on higher 'diffificulty' (HP sponges, trash farm simulators) is bound to get boring. Pvp is irrelevant and dead in BfA. So, it explains why so many hate BfA. The game has been raid or die for a while now.. and the horrendous design of loot and secondary stats can be blamed for burnout in WoW too,.

Maybe next xpac Blizzard will not be complete fucktard dumbasses and add pvp vendors so people have something to do outside of their endless grind rng lottery pve mode. Maybe they should fix the RNG with loot and stop treating their players like crack addict gamblers.