Even though the Wohl thing is a bit off topic, here's the capper:

https://twitter.com/BrandyZadrozny/s...902760960?s=20

He is literally the worst scam artist in history and only his money is keeping him out of jail at this point.

I found the channel The Hill among the most balanced shows when it comes to the election. They do not hide how much they despise main-stream media for their clear bias in candidates.
    And like some commentators i too think that Warren is the maybe worst candidate against Trump. All he (Trump) has to say is 'Pocahontas' and we all watch the meltdown.
    As the 2016 election has shown simply being against the other party is not enough to get all the people in the right states off their asses and into the voting booth. You need a candidate that attracts Trump voters too, only 2 have that much pull. Sanders and Yang. The former is looking weak and old with his heart problems, the latter is slowly but surely creeping up the numbers. Yang could be your next Clinton (he was not the number 1 candidate back the first time).
    Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    I'm fine with a mafia. Of course, the mafia families often worked with independent third parties in order to maintain relations.

Breaking: New Warren Campaign shirts

(not really)

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by segara82 View Post
    I found the channel The Hill among the most balanced shows when it comes to the election. They do not hide how much they despise main-stream media for their clear bias in candidates.
    And like some commentators i too think that Warren is the maybe worst candidate against Trump. All he (Trump) has to say is 'Pocahontas' and we all watch the meltdown.
    As the 2016 election has shown simply being against the other party is not enough to get all the people in the right states off their asses and into the voting booth. You need a candidate that attracts Trump voters too, only 2 have that much pull. Sanders and Yang. The former is looking weak and old with his heart problems, the latter is slowly but surely creeping up the numbers. Yang could be your next Clinton (he was not the number 1 candidate back the first time).
    You've shown repeatedly you don't understand American politics. You should really inform yourself further before commenting further.

The Hill's opinion side, for example, is regarded as a right wing rag. It is home to John Solomon, a conspiracy theorist whose crazy works of fiction regarding Hillary, Obama, Biden and Ukraine played a role in starting this mess.

Warren's policy positions are not too far from Sanders.

And I'm pretty sure Wall Street and Facebook hating Warren will be a help to her. Along with, you know, Trump trashing small farmers and doing nothing for coal or manufacturing in the Rust Belt.

I find Warren's "I don't care if Wall Street hates me" as similar in tone to FDR's "I welcome their hatred."

10+ Year Old Account
    A highly disgruntled constituent of Lindsey Graham.
    Despising "Main-Stream media" is not, in itself, much of a recommendation. Anyway Warren is an extremely strong candidate, and if you think "Pocahontas" is hurting her any more, you are sadly mistaken. Trump used that one a long time ago, and it is totally over now, the American people's attention is much too short to care about anything for more then a week or two now.

Democrats absolutely do not need to win Trump voters, they drive their own turnout, and pick up the people that have been disgusted by this President's incompetence. Warren can absolutely do that. She isn't much like Hillary, who had all the empathy of a particularly frightening clown.

Is Warren some sort of worldbeater candidate? No, but she is more then enough to beat this fool, and do a decent to good job of returning the world order to some semblance of decency.

@Skroe: I do not claim to know everything or even half of what is going on in american politics, but even an outsider like me can see that getting rid of Trump is not as clear and easy as many of you wish. @Nelinrah: True, she could make points with that. She surely rose with Biden falling. @Thekri: Ah, sorry, poor wording. I do not take it as a recommendation, but at least it shows more honesty IMO than the continued ignorance MSNBC has shown Yang for some time, or the usual smud the left and right-winged media throws at each other.

The things i see as problematic for the upcoming elections are many:
    1. Trump does not really fear impeachment. Sure, he whails and points fingers and shouts 'Fake News' and whatnot, but he will not back down. He's too arrogant for that and he knows it could actually help him.
    2. Impeachment has only removed 1 president from office: Richard Nixon, and he resigned before he was removed (and never arrested). It actually helped Clinton to win the second time due to all the media attention.
    3. Warren has blundered IMO on camera when asked certain questions, like her heritage (she still gets awfully aggressive/defensive), possible corruption, ...
    Trump will go at her with the same (if not bigger) amount of agressiveness and mudslinging as he went against Hillary. And his followers LOVE him for that.
    4. Depending on whose poll you trust (gallup, realclearpolitics,...) Trump still gets 40+% approval ratings for doing his job as PotUS. Going at him with only the democratic voters could again not be enough to win the right states and the Electoral College. Popular vote is rather meaningless in your system. A candidate that actually attracts Reps/Trumpsters has a far better chance to win in 2020.
    Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    I'm fine with a mafia. Of course, the mafia families often worked with independent third parties in order to maintain relations.

@Skroe: I do not claim to know everything or even half of what is going on in american politics, but even an outsider like me can see that getting rid of Trump is not as clear and easy as many of you wish. @Nelinrah: True, she could make points with that. She surely rose with Biden falling. @Thekri: Ah, sorry, poor wording. I do not take it as a recommendation, but at least it shows more honesty IMO than the continued ignorance MSNBC has shown Yang for some time, or the usual smud the left and right-winged media throws at each other.

1. Trump does not really fear impeachment. Sure, he whails and points fingers and shouts 'Fake News' and whatnot, but he will not back down. He's too arrogant for that and he knows it could actually help him.
    2. Impeachment has only removed 1 president from office: Richard Nixon, and he resigned before he was removed (and never arrested). It actually helped Clinton to win the second time due to all the media attention.
    3. Warren has blundered IMO on camera when asked certain questions, like her heritage (she still gets awfully aggressive/defensive), possible corruption, ...
    Trump will go at her with the same (if not bigger) amount of agressiveness and mudslinging as he went against Hillary. And his followers LOVE him for that.
    4. Depending on whose poll you trust (gallup, realclearpolitics,...) Trump still gets 40+% approval ratings for doing his job as PotUS. Going at him with only the democratic voters could again not be enough to win the right states and the Electoral College. Popular vote is rather meaningless in your system. A candidate that actually attracts Reps/Trumpsters has a far better chance to win in 2020.
    Trump commits multiple crimes before and while in office: Perfectly ok
    Warren overestimates how native she is: She can clearly never be president.

7+ Year Old Account
    Warrens being pretty awesome about the wohl “allegations”.

https://twitter.com/ewarren/status/1...978846209?s=12

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Skroe View Post
    Breaking: New Warren Campaign shirts

Damn you got me excited there for a second. *puts wallet away*

- - - Updated - - -

*sigh* Let's debunk these shall we.

1) Trump does not really fear impeachment. MOSTLY FALSE. His increasingly unhinged state and his administration's' effort to do everything from beg Pelosi for a deal to outright release phony talking points to their staffers show that they do take this seriously. While the actual likelihood of a conviction is low, the impeachment process is likely to bring every bit of dirty laundry in Trump's hamper to light.

2) Impeachment has only removed 1 president from office. FALSE. You yourself said he resigned, and the reason for that was not an impeachment conviction but Senate Republicans telling him they would no longer shield him. That it hasn't been successful before is irrelevant, because every Democrat and their dog already knows Trump is not going to be removed from office. Again - that's not the point.

3) Warren has blunded IMO on camera when asked certain question. MOSTLY FALSE.

- The native american thing, as said, has been digested and absorbed. Trump blew his wad way too early in the electoral cycle for it to make much difference and Warren herself has been actively working to make amends for it, and successfully so.
    - "Possible corruption"; i.e. unsubstantiated allegations. You'd be better off complaining about how she avoids the question of whether or not Medicare For All will result in a tax increase.

4) Trump's Approval Rating. PANTS ON FIRE.

If you think 40% approval ratings are enough to win office, you're deluded. Trump barely scraped by in the last election to the tune of a few hundred thousand votes when his popularity was much higher, and he didn't have a political track record to run against. The current polling shows he's underwater in the swing states against every candidate from Warren to Basic Campfire.

Also: "A candidate that actually attracts Reps/Trumpsters"? Miss me with that bullshit. The people that need to be convinced are the supposed moderates, not Republicans. The latter are a lost cause, and I suspect the only reason people keep bringing it up is because they are the same sort of person who thinks Tulsi Gabbard is left wing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

10+ Year Old Account
    A highly disgruntled constituent of Lindsey Graham.
    Quote Originally Posted by Noxx79 View Post

Considering I went to University of Houston as well, this works for me. Artful response, go Coogs!

(Also, maybe figure out how to play football, Houston, been embarrassing as hell this year)

10+ Year Old Account
    Looking forward to the next debate but so far I am still supporting Biden. I like Warren but Joe is the steady hand we need to right the ship. I like Warren but there are some things in her past I am not so sure about.

Hope Bernie is going to be alright. I want him to finish what he started.
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thekri View Post
    Considering I went to University of Houston as well, this works for me. Artful response, go Coogs!

(Also, maybe figure out how to play football, Houston, been embarrassing as hell this year)
    So bad that everybody on the team is redshirting and hoping for better next year, but thats for another thread!
    /s

Quote Originally Posted by Noxx79 View Post

This is fucking amazing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rethul Ur No View Post
    This is fucking amazing.
    "But but...Trump is so loud and angry how can she possibly stand up to him??? D:"

I'm starting to think a lot of these complaints are rooted in things other than Warren's track record.
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

Yeah, I won't pretend to be a huge Warren fan but being an actual fucking human being with a sense of humor and the ability to flippantly brush off manufactured controversy with self-deprecating humor rather than throwing a childish tantrum...sounds kind of refreshing right now.

And how fitting would it be if her response to this Wohl bullshit is the thing that really pushes her ahead for good?

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, I won't pretend to be a huge Warren fan but being an actual fucking human being with a sense of humor and the ability to flippantly brush off manufactured controversy with self-deprecating humor rather than throwing a childish tantrum...sounds kind of refreshing right now.

And how fitting would it be if her response to this Wohl bullshit is the thing that really pushes her ahead for good?
    I mean it wouldn't be any less ironic than Trump risking impeachment to try and sink Biden's chances only for Warren to end up being the candidate anyway.

It's one of the things I miss about Bush jnr (I mean I miss many things about Obama, but comparing 2 republican presidents here.). For all his faults Bush knew how to take a joke, hell he was pretty much making self depreciation jokes as well.

10+ Year Old Account

Clinton had already won his 2nd term by the time he was impeached. It certainly didn't help Al Gore win.

Resident Cosplay Progressive