Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by WFD1992 View Post
    Basically, I want to hear your reasons. Its one thing to be loyal to Sylvanas when she was the Warchief, we can't afford divisions in the Horde. Its another to continue following her even when she plainly said "I don't care about any of you".
    Never played horde, but I always liked the character development of Sylvanas...until now.

She was a hero at WC3 who died on her watch, and tragicly forced to suffer as an undead servent of the one who murdered her. While so, she wad bent to his will and performed atrocities who led her to jump to her death as soon as the lich king domination broke.

Her reward? Endless suffering. She chose to die to end her suffering yet was condemed to the exact same thing she tried to avoid. This is pure injustice and I always believed she deserved more. She deserved redemption.

Leading the forsaken gave her purpose, and stepping up as warchief during the legion invasion showed ...she still cares for certain things, even the livings..

Then came BFA. While the alliance were first to draw blood, and all is fair in love and war, her siding up with evil entities, and enslaving/condeming her former brethern to the same fate she herself was dammed was a huge disappointment to me.

So why do I support her still?
    Firstly, you can't really blame her going to extremes after all she went through, knowing good is rewarded with eternal damnation, so why bother being good in the first place?

This is a conflict most good ppl can identify with.

Second, she fears (with good reason) going back to hell. Who wouldn't?

Third, while I regret her killing SF and abandoning the horde, it was emotional reaction to varok's betrayl. Punishable by death regardless her emotional state (althuogh she might as well just...forgive him or see the errors of her way).

Fourth, I have to believe her siding with death, azshara and Nzoth is somehow going to end with their downfall and saving of azeroth. As a human being you want to believe in redemption, I want to believe Sylvanas will find hers.

Fifth, I'm pretty sure she's in a fragile state of mind. If I was a loyalist, I would stand with her, not abandon her....doesn't mean I have to agree or identify with her though...

Quote Originally Posted by leorana View Post
    Never played horde, but I always liked the character development of Sylvanas...until now.

She was a hero at WC3 who died on her watch, and tragicly forced to suffer as an undead servent of the one who murdered her. While so, she wad bent to his will and performed atrocities who led her to jump to her death as soon as the lich king domination broke.

Her reward? Endless suffering. She chose to die to end her suffering yet was condemed to the exact same thing she tried to avoid. This is pure injustice and I always believed she deserved more. She deserved redemption.
    As soon as the Lich King's domination broke she found her old body, possessed it, and rallied the other undead free from the Lich King with the purpose of fighting the scourge.

She didnt jump to her death until after the Lich King was defeated in WotlK since she felt she had no purpose. But she witnessed True Death and it scared her, by the grace of the Valk'yr that no longer served the Lich King, she was revived and her purpose was to find a way to circumvent death for her and her people, this led to her reliance on Valkyr in MoP and is her key motivation in Legion until now.

Quote Originally Posted by Thelxi View Post
    I've never been particularly attached to the whole honor and for the horde thing. I don't mind my faction being a bit darker than that.
    How is genocide with chemical weapons "a bit darker" than honor and for the horde?

Like, this is some Trump supporter logic.

OH HONOR AND DEATH WITH CHEMICAL WEAPONS, BASICALLY THE SAME. VERY COOL AND VERY LEGAL.

[Infraction]
    Last edited by Rozz; 2019-10-03 at 09:21 PM. Reason: Forbidden Topics: Do not ignore warnings.

Quote Originally Posted by Rozz View Post
    Remember to actually discuss the topic and not to troll users for a game play option.
    OP is asking why someone would pick Sylvanas, if they lack a Forsaken bias.
    They are not asking you for your opinions on a loyalist's fetishes. Keep your irl assumptions out of lore discussion.
    Except IRL assumptions play heavily into the edgyness of the people playing this game.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by tehdef View Post
    How is genocide with chemical weapons "a bit darker" than honor and for the horde?

OH HONOR AND DEATH WITH CHEMICAL WEAPONS, BASICALLY THE SAME. VERY COOL AND VERY LEGAL.
    Where do you think the edgyness comes from?

Quote Originally Posted by tehdef View Post

It's a bit creepy how you blur the lines between video games and reality. Your logic is a slippery slope. You can start by bringing up chemical weapons, but if you use your brain you should continue to murder, slavery and just flat out war. Go ahead and venture beyond that too, and think about games outside of Blizzard. Contemplate Counter Strike and Dark Souls. Then go ahead and draw parallels between Trump and Sylvanas again, feel like an idiot.

Because some men (or women) just want to watch the world burn.
    The bravery of mortals never fails to astound me. Death affixes its cold stare upon you and in return you rise to challenge its assertion! It is why your kind is so loved... and so hated. - Torastrasza

Quote Originally Posted by Friendlyimmolation View Post
    Sylvanas is a higher tiered undead, restored and strengthened by the Valkyr.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aleksej89 View Post
    Mate she is PRISTINE from day one, even in warcraft 3 she looked surprisingly fantastic.
    She is so perfectly preserved she makes tyrande and jaina look like old hags that got reanimated 5 times so far (ironic huh).

She can even sell bath water and make more money than galliwyx and gazlove combined.

If i didn't know sylvanas was undead i would say she is a drow or some dark elf - and probably their beauty queen like azshara was for highborne.
    Sylvanas was "over sexualized" because you gotta sell that crazy psycho mentality somehow, and sex appeal does that the best with young men...
    Quote Originally Posted by Jastall View Post
    Lorewise it's because she possessed her own body shortly after her death. Afterwards I assume plenty of magical shenanigans happened so that she could look hotter than basically any female character in the game while also inhabiting a body that was left to rot for at least a few days and died a very violent death.

I always found that lame myself. She's the leader of a faction that is all about being downtrodden, ugly, hated and lamenting what they lost, but their leader is a super-hot, super-strong, super-skilled, and now super-magical elf lady that has lost none of her presence or panache. It's as if Blizzard decided to have the Goblins led by an ascetic.

Obviously the doylist explanation for her being hawt is that it attracts a certain subset of people. Now I'm not saying she's only popular because of boobies myself, but I am saying that, everything else being equal, she wouldn't be nearly as popular had she been an ugly bag of bones from the onset, or worse an undead Tauren or something instead of an elf.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nefastus View Post
    Well, this was all very recently and she looks good since the warcraft 3 expansion. I don't think they ever mentioned the Valkyr "upgrading" her, I only recall them ressurecting Sylvanas when she went full emo and suicided in the end of Wrath of the Lich King.

I remember I found really odd how she got a body back in the Warcraft 3: The Frozen Throne expansion. Didn't really make sense really.

About her possessing her own body, why would that make her any better? I mean if anything she would be way more rotten than the other regular undead that "never left" their body. Its as you said Jastall, if anything her body that was left in the open and died a violent death would be in an even worse state than the regular undead.
    She looks that way because she is an elf. All Dark Rangers do not appear as rotten or decomposed as other undead. Probably has something to do with how elves dont age, therefore they decompose slower.

It's largely believed that all player undead are human.

Her as Banshee possessing her own body is supposed to explain why she is more powerful. She has the abilities of banshee as well as the abilities of a forsake (i.e. she is corporeal and can use weapons, armor and be as skilled as she was in life.)

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eggroll View Post
    I agree.
    As someone else already mentioned it: if it wasn't a character with boobs, lipstick and long hair, the acceptance would be zero.
    But Garrosh had none of those, and he seems to be at least as popular among the Horde fanbase, and even some Allies as well.
    Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    WoD was the expansion that was targeted at non raiders.

Quote Originally Posted by sam86 View Post
    already confirmed in wow now, sylvanas new powers are very recent, or at least no one in wow knew about them
    so no need to explain them by old lore reasons, they are very new and recent
    Ah got it, thanks for the info.
    English is not my main language so grammar errors might happen.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Soon-TM View Post
    But Garrosh had none of those, and he seems to be at least as popular among the Horde fanbase, and even some Allies as well.
    u got it wrong, Garrosh didn't increase in popularity, MoP version of Garrosh is still sh8t, it is Sylvanas who lost lot of fanbase and she dropped down to Garrosh lvl
    I like to remind u of '50 ppl who are better warchief than Garrosh' iconic post (that is sadly now lost forever) that was insanely popular, even Abasik Kampfire was more popular than Garrosh in any poll during late wrath era, and it is just a basic campfire, yes that was literally considered better warchief than him and won any poll competition against Garrosh
    Even Gelbin Mekkatroque was more wanted as warchief than Garrosh, an alliance gnome
    Last edited by sam86; 2019-10-04 at 04:07 PM.
    The beginning of wisdom is the statement 'I do not know.' The person who cannot make that statement is one who will never learn anything. And I have prided myself on my ability to learn
    Thrall
    http://youtu.be/x3ejO7Nssj8 7:20+ "Alliance remaining super power", clearly blizz favor horde too much, that they made alliance the super power