Quote Originally Posted by Seiklis View Post
    Kellyanne Conway
    She's not a Cabinet member, but I realize I failed to specify that's who I was talking about.

Quote Originally Posted by kaelleria View Post
    Mulvaney /10
    Oh right, he's still doing double duty leading the OMB and being acting CoS.

Quote Originally Posted by kaelleria View Post
    Mulvaney /10
    And Nosferatu-in-training Stephen Miller, But I think you guys are talking about senate confirmed positions, besides Conway right?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Seiklis View Post
    Rick Perry gone next month
    Nah. He's already gone.

Brouillette has been filling in for Perry at Cabinet meetings for the past few months, one source added. Many of Perry’s former DOE staff members — including chief of staff Brian McCormack and special assistant Luke Wallwork — have all left DOE in recent weeks, a source said.
    House Democrats already asked Perry for documents. Him fleeing won't change that.

Quote Originally Posted by Skroe View Post
    I mean just to further this point, @lockedout said he was from Fort Lee, NJ. And I knew instantly what I had been speaking to. On my Italian side, I have a lot of family in Cliffside Park, NJ, Fort Lee and the Jersey shore. They dress it up, but it's all about race. It's always been about race. Working class folk in NJ are extraordinarily racists. My second cousins are all red-hatted MAGA folk, and it's insane to the degree they and their friends hold latinos and blacks in low regard. My cousins are total Italian Jersey white trash. They're educated, but still chained to their racist-as-fuck working-class roots (editors note: I am not calling lockedout white trash, I do not know him irl).

In a sense whenever we talk to them we're ALWAYS talking to the wrong thing about them. Because they hand wave and say 'well....*insert semi-coherent, but implausible pro-Trump argument*. But it's really all about the fact that Trump terrorizes latino Americans and African Americans, and they're quite cool with that.

Now if Trump weren't a White Supremacist, but still doing all these things... yeah I think they'd turn on him in about five seconds. Their red-blooded America-fuck-yeah traits would roar loudy. But their American - their REAL America - is White America. It's about White people dominating minorities... preferably by keeping America White in the 21st century by keeping immigrants out.

It's always about race with them. They are irredeamable racists to the core, and Donald Trump teaming up with foreign countries to fuck with American elections is okay, because as they see it, it will hurt candidates which will benefit non-White America.

This is utter barbarism on their part. They don't see it like that. But then again, they're so cynically destructive, I honestly believe they're psychologically at the point where if they - White Racists - can't rule America, then America should burn.
    Imagine realizing this is what the Republican party had become in 2000

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    So...who's left of the "old guard"?

Mnuchin
    Ross
    DeVoss
    Carson

is that it, or am I forgetting someone?
    I think McConnell's wife is still there being corrupt as ever.

Quote Originally Posted by beanman12345 View Post
    I think McConnell's wife is still there being corrupt as ever.
    I was going to say Linda McMahon, but she left in March.

Herald of the Titans RaoBurning's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    And evidently, I'm about to as well.
    I appreciate your sacrifice for whatever dam breaks next. /salute
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    This is America. We always have warm dead bodies.
    if we had confidence that the President clearly did not commit a crime, we would have said that.

The text messages between the Trump admin officials and the Ukranian's were released.

I haven't had a chance to read all of it, but a basic skim shows that literally everyone was aware what was going on.
    https://www.cnn.com/2019/10/03/polit...ker/index.html

[7/25/ 19, 8:36:45 Kurt Volker: Good lunch - thanks. Heard from White
    House?assuming President convinces trump he will investigate ?get to the
    bottom of what happened? in 2016, we will nail down date for Visit to
    Washington. Good luck! See you tomorrow- kurt
    State Department Officials Discuss 3 White House Visit and Ukraine Statement: On
    August 9, 2019, Ambassador Volker had the following exchange with Ambassador
    Sondland about arranging a White House meeting after the Ukrainian President makes a
    public statement:

19, 5: 35:53 Gordon Sondland: Morrison ready to get dates as soon as
    Yermak con?rms.

[8/9/19, 5: 46:21 Kurt Volker: Excellenttl How did you sway him?
    19, 5: 47:34 Gordon Sondland: Not sure i did. I think potus really wants
    the deliverable

[8/9/19, 5: 48:00 Kurt Volker: But does he know that?
    [8/9/19, 5: 48:09 Gordon Sondland: Yep
    [8/9/19, 5: 48:37 Gordon Sondland: Clearly lots of convos going on

19, 5:48:38 Kurt Volker: Ok?then that?s good it?s coming from two
    separate sources

[8/9/19, 5: 51:18 Gordon Sondland: To avoid misundestandings, might be
    helpful to ask Andrey for a draft statememt (embargoed) so that we can see
    exactly what they propose to cover. Even though Ze does a live presser they can
    still summarize in a brief statement. Thoughts?

[8/9/19, 5: 51:42 Kurt Volker: Agree!
    Last edited by kaelleria; 2019-10-04 at 03:17 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Elegiac View Post
    *looks at the camera*

Hell is empty and all the devils are here.
    Quote Originally Posted by Master Shake
    Look at him, and tell me there's a god.
    /10shakeMood
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    Quit using other posters as levels of crazy. That is not ok

If you look, you can see the straw man walking a red herring up a slippery slope coming to join this conversation.

Quote Originally Posted by RaoBurning View Post
    I appreciate your sacrifice for whatever dam breaks next. /salute
    Well, the dam broke. LOL

https://www.cnn.com/2019/10/03/polit...ker/index.html

And evidently, I'm about to as well.
    Are you a magician?
    You get banned, and the same day, shit hits the fan

https://thehill.com/homenews/house/4...ussing-ukraine
    Forgive my english, as i'm not a native speaker

Quote Originally Posted by Thepersona View Post
    Are you a magician?
    You get banned, and the same day, shit hits the fan

https://thehill.com/homenews/house/4...ussing-ukraine
    I can't tell if it's some cosmic justice that every time Skroe gets banned big news breaks, or if it's just because there has been such a constant stream of what would have been career ending scandals for any other president that it doesn't really matter when he gets banned, there's going to be something.

10+ Year Old Account
    A highly disgruntled constituent of Lindsey Graham.
    Quote Originally Posted by Justank View Post
    I can't tell if it's some cosmic justice that every time Skroe gets banned big news breaks, or if it's just because there has been such a constant stream of what would have been career ending scandals for any other president that it doesn't really matter when he gets banned, there's going to be something.
    The second one. Definitely the second one. Trump shits on himself so often that you can tie it into pretty much any unrelated incident and see a pattern. I noticed that every time I went to collect the mail, I came back to a story about Trump humiliating the American nation again. But since this also happens when I don't get the mail, I am pretty sure it is unrelated.

So, people in the impeachment thread have been talking about the 25th amendment again. In a sane world this question would never need to be asked, but:

Can acting department heads even use the 25th amendment? Or is that escape route for the GOP blocked off?

Quote Originally Posted by Shkar View Post
    So, people in the impeachment thread have been talking about the 25th amendment again. In a sane world this question would never need to be asked, but:

Can acting department heads even use the 25th amendment? Or is that escape route for the GOP blocked off?
    I would assume not since the point was for them to be appointed positions, but I doubt it's ever been tested.

Quote Originally Posted by Nelinrah View Post
    I would assume not since the point was for them to be appointed positions, but I doubt it's ever been tested.
    That's precisely why I ask. It definitely seems to not be intended (though the GOP wouldn't care about that anyway).

Quote Originally Posted by Shkar View Post

The text of the amendment is short on details, so we've no way of knowing until it happens and is/isn't challenged.

However, I'd say that expecting results from the 25th Amendment is probably foolish regardless. While they can declare him unable to serve his Presidential duties, all he has to do to overturn it is tell Congress in writing that he's capable. From there, it takes a 2/3rds vote of both Chambers (an even steeper requirement than impeachment) to make his removal stick.

Quote Originally Posted by TheOne01 View Post
    ? I dont give a shit about Trump. If he died tomorrow I wouldn't even blink. Of course im fucking voting for him tho. To stop you people. Unless I misunderstand what you mean? Trump is a tool, in both senses of the word, but in this sense I mean like a shovel or a rake. He was our brick through the white house window. The more he shits inside there and smears it all over the walls the better, its why he was sent in. We just want liberals gone. Whatever it takes to stop their naked public racism and sexism. Their hatred of other humans and their cold vindictive natures must be phased out of society. Ill make you a deal: end cancel culture and ill vote for a dem, end Vox journos and ill vote for a dem. End the hatred of men and boost recognition of solving problems facing men and ill vote for a dem. Like I did every other election before progressives were unleashed upon society. Pre gamergate I voted dem.

[Infracted]
    Yeah, because Trump sure has done a great job of getting rid of the Liberals...there are more "Liberals" in the Senate and the House than there were before he was elected.
    “The biggest communication problem is we do not listen to understand. We listen to reply,” Stephen Covey.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkTZeratul View Post
    The text of the amendment is short on details, so we've no way of knowing until it happens and is/isn't challenged.

However, I'd say that expecting results from the 25th Amendment is probably foolish regardless. While they can declare him unable to serve his Presidential duties, all he has to do to overturn it is tell Congress in writing that he's capable. From there, it takes a 2/3rds vote of both Chambers (an even steeper requirement than impeachment) to make his removal stick.
    I agree on the removal part, and I don't agree it should be done at this point anyway. This was in regards to people posing it as a potential off-ramp to get Trump out of sight without making the GOP senators record their vote. I feel they shouldn't be able to get off that easily.

Quote Originally Posted by Justank View Post
    It's because a certain someone gets mad every time bad news for his favorite failed businessman breaks and takes it out on Skroe.