Poll: The final raid will be...

Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Your final guess of the 8.3 raid

Okay, so 8.3 will most likely hit the PTR in a week or two, so let's make your bets. Where will the final raid take place? I tried to gather most popular opinions. This poll also includes new zones, if there'll be any.

1. Silithus Raid (no new zones) - conclusion of the central problems of the expansion - we have a Titan dying. So, this will be an actual Battle for Azeroth. But this time, it's a different meaning of "for". So, we'll have to deal with Sargeras' sword somehow, heal the wound, stop Azetoth from dying and not let all the bad guys take her. What bosses should we expect in that case?
    Servants of N'zoth, qiraji probably, some azerite elemental. Also possible to see some demonic boss because of the sword.
    Possibly Nathanos, if the mission Sylvanas has sent him to deals with killing Azeroth and raising her into undeath.
    As for actual endboss, there are: most likely N'zoth's tentacles and servants, protecting Azeroth from them.
    But Eonar-style boss is an extremely bad idea for and enboss. It can be Azeroth herself, already darkened. So, we defeat her and cleanse with some cool new medicine from Magni\Wrathion. Also can be Azshara, as a vessel for N'zoth's power, but that is extremely bad too, you know why.
    Another possibility is Sargeras, if he manages to make a portal via sword from his prison. That would be epic, but chance is very low.
    My bet on this variant is that when we save Azeroth, she smashes N'zoth tentacles and he flees to Ny'alotha, which appears in the next expansion.

2. Ny'alotha Raid - most likely this will happen. As a contra, it leaves question of healing the wound unattended, and wastes N'zoth, who was being built up since Cataclysm. Yes, Ny'alotha will be a huge lot of content, and we had lot of hints that next fight is against Azshara's master. But... it Legion we were repeatedly told that it's time to fight Sargeras, but we didn't get to fight him directly. And anyway, Azshara has to die before her master, so in any case she will be fought again if we kill N'zoth in BfA. And another problem. N'zoth is, well, big. Really big, so no idea how do we fight him. On the other hand, we killed a titan in the last expansion.

3. Stormwind Raid - I don't know why is this even here, but many people still believe it can take place. With Sylvanas, who now has next to zero followers. Still, someone may still believe in that ridiculous Shadowlands leak, though it's already proven wrong by 8.2.5 plot.

4. Dragon Isles Raid - unusual and rather interesting version. May turn out to be a good and legit compromise. Too early to introduce Ny'alotha, but still a new zone. Wrathion is said to be there at the moment. Dragonflights are receiving more developement recently. Weaknesses of this variant - no idea how to put together N'zoth and Dragon Isles in a form of raid that would actually have him killed or imprisoned.

My guess is that Dragon Isles, Ny'alotha, Shadowlands will all come as zones in the next expansion, now our main purpose is to save Azeroth from dying, have her wound cleansed and healed and not let N'zoth, Sylvanas, Legion and whoever wants to harm her, win. That would sum up the idea of expansion which started with a war that split and devastated the war, releasing and Old God eventually, and finish with all races united in peace to protect the world from the true enemies.

Still, anything is possible, especially a waste of a long-awaited villian in a single patch after his release.

Make your bet.

Probably another SoO scenario where we're going to kill Sylvanas Windrunner similar to when we killed Garrosh when he became corrupted by the shas.

Just a hunch.

I still believe a Silithus raid is the more logical. There is a sword stuck to the planet making her bleed. That is logically a vulnerability that N'zoth will want to use to corrupt her.

We can't really move on to the next thing while that sword is still there.

5+ Year Old Account
    Let's say that 8.3 will come on the PTR shortly before Blizzcon, and it's released in January/February 2020. That would only leave ~6 months for the raid (in a quite... controversial xpac on top), which would also might end up dwarfed by the 9.0 hype, aka the "(Vanilla) Naxx syndrome".

For these reasons, I assume that 8.3 will feature a quite modest raid, mostly using reused assets. That's why I think that a Silithus titan-themed (inspired on the Chamber of the Heart) raid is quite likely, with a Stormwind raid in a distant second place.
    Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    WoD was the expansion that was targeted at non raiders.

Probably something similar to SoO like Beef said. But with more N'zoth/Sylvanas interaction. Making this scenario up is after we cleanse Azeroth she wakes up and rips the sword and and she begins to wield Sargeras's sword.

I'm going with Nyalotha raid with Azeroth/Silithus/the sword somehow involved. Possibly a raid with many locations like SoO/Dragon Soul.

Quote Originally Posted by Beefkow View Post
    Probably another SoO scenario where we're going to kill Sylvanas Windrunner similar to when we killed Garrosh when he became corrupted by the shas.

Just a hunch.
    zero percent

I think it will be Dragon Isles. As much as I personally want them to be re imagined as some hidden sky continent.

1. Fits with the ocean / island motif of this expansion

2. I think there will be some elaboration on the original concept art from pre-vanilla. Maybe a twist like the island is N'zoth's remains and he's already dead

3. Wrathion's sudden re-emergence isn't for nothing. He's going to be pivotal character in 8.3 and that hints toward something related to the dragonflights
    Last edited by Khaza-R; 2019-10-04 at 02:14 AM.

I consider Silithus/Ny'alotha to be the same. I'm expecting the gateway to Ny'alotha or however we get there to be located in Silithus itself

Quote Originally Posted by Rae888 View Post
    I'm going with Nyalotha raid with Azeroth/Silithus/the sword somehow involved. Possibly a raid with many locations like SoO/Dragon Soul.
    I would think that a multi-area raid is actually the most likely at this point for an expansion capper. The last 4 expansion end raids haven't been contained to just one dungeon-like area anyway. Antorus had Argus on the Seat of the Pantheon and Eonar on Elunaria. HFC was mostly in the citadel but then the Archimonde fight is at the Dark Portal. SoO started in Pandaria then continued in Orgrimmar. DS started in Dragonblight then continued in the air all the way to the Maelstrom.

Quote Originally Posted by Soon-TM View Post
    Let's say that 8.3 will come on the PTR shortly before Blizzcon, and it's released in January/February 2020. That would only leave ~6 months for the raid (in a quite... controversial xpac on top), which would also might end up dwarfed by the 9.0 hype, aka the "(Vanilla) Naxx syndrome".

For these reasons, I assume that 8.3 will feature a quite modest raid, mostly using reused assets. That's why I think that a Silithus titan-themed (inspired on the Chamber of the Heart) raid is quite likely, with a Stormwind raid in a distant second place.
    Chamber of the heart already has what seems to be a dungeon portal on the map if you open it while there

Could be an interesting "defend the heart" raid starting with us fighting a few bosses and then porting to their "base" before defeating the final boss miss queen Naga but void twisted

Alternatively we could fight n'zoth but either he escapes/defeats us pushing us back OR alleria kills him and rises as a new god

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    EX. N'Zoth - (Theory) N'Zoth is currently regaining his power, gaining mental capacity and mass. Once he's big enough, he'll breach the Ocean's surface near this new archipelago called the Dragon Isles, and right after he does that, Alliance and Horde will send whatever they can at him, because he grows stronger with each second, and this is the weakest he'll be in a reachable place (which means NOT the bottom of the ocean).

The heroes will land on his mass and battle the horrific Faceless hordes he'll spawn and his body's natural defenses, discovering where his core or heart is to struck it down. This strategy is based on the Heart of Y'shaarj - once Hellscream struck it too many times, it had a failure and finally died, killing all Sha energy with it. Same thing [I]should[I] happen with N'Zoth, right? Also, we'll be getting help from the Titanforged forces of Ulduar, Uldum, Uldir and every other titanic facility, for this is their true antagonist. They imprisoned him once, they'll do it again!

So yeah, the raid (and/or final area) will simply be called N'Zoth.

I hope its Dragon Isles.

Helping the Flights fight off N'zoth and twilight dragons, Sylvanas/Helya undead forces.

Bring Wrathion and the Black Dragonflight back into the picture, unite the flights.

Raid could be dragons, undeath, void, and old god themes

Give me anything but more sea theme content.

While I hope this isn't the case, I'm honestly expecting a Dragon Soul type raid.

AKA, a really bad raid
    The proper waifu is a wholesome supplement for one's intrinsic need for belonging and purpose.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ny'alotha, just seems like the simple answer despite it being so mysterious and such but who knows Blizzard might surprise us.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by Soon-TM View Post

That actually makes huge sense. Indeed, 8.3 will last much less time than other final patches, and Ny'alotha is supposed to be a huge zone with a lot of lore and stuff. So it will just be wasted as 9.0 will hit too soon. So yeah, it's either Silithus (more likely) or Dragon isles. Don't see any justification for Stormwind, at all.

It all started with Silithus and it should end there.

Quote Originally Posted by scrappybristol View Post
    I hope its Dragon Isles.

Helping the Flights fight off N'zoth and twilight dragons, Sylvanas/Helya undead forces.

Bring Wrathion and the Black Dragonflight back into the picture, unite the flights.

Raid could be dragons, undeath, void, and old god themes

Give me anything but more sea theme content.
    That actually sound as very cool stuff, indeed. Only problem is how it helps to close the problem of sword and wound. And now to connect N'zoth and Dragon Isles in a final raid. So I believe all this stuff you mentioned will be there, just in 9.0.
    If 8.3 is Silithus, N'zoth won't be dead at the time and will be present as a force on Dragon Isles. I see a DI raid as protection of some Dragon Temple from Undead, void, Twilight flight and N'zoth army lead by Azshara. A good first tier raid. Hardly can see it as final expansion raid.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Voidwielder View Post
    It all started with Silithus and it should end there.
    It would be a very fitting end. Not to mention sorta tie in to Saurfang leading the Might of Kalimdor there during the AQ war.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Datamined a map file called Maw of N'zoth back in 7.3.5, same with JunkerGnomeIsle and Nazjatar, which came to be all the way later in 8.2

That said, I think the raid portal will be in the Heart of Azeroth because if you open the map there it already shows one.