Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Asotcha View Post
    Wouldn't it be wild if they surprised us with an encrypted 8.3 patch drop right after Blizzcon? I mean I don't really See it because that wouldn't be a lot of time to work on anything, but hypothetically it would be nuts.
    But why if we already knew what's next?
    https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...lopment-thread
    Quote Originally Posted by Nevcairiel View Post
    If you are suggesting to take my Night Elfs Shadowmeld away, then please find some pike to run yourself through, tyvm.

Quote Originally Posted by Queen of Hamsters View Post
    Not to mention that every single expansion has a crowd literally hating it and thinking/hoping it will be cut short.
    Meanwhile, Blizz goes by player engagement, not the vocal minority's incessant whinging across forums.
    Well, I don't think that's a minority since major part of players left the game

Quote Originally Posted by Asotcha View Post
    Wouldn't it be wild if they surprised us with an encrypted 8.3 patch drop right after Blizzcon? I mean I don't really See it because that wouldn't be a lot of time to work on anything, but hypothetically it would be nuts.
    I think the patch will hit right around Blizzcon. I think theres no issue with announcing whats next at blizzcon and release a 8.3 patch.

7+ Year Old Account
    Well "Ooh! I found it, captain. Good as new." Now we'll find out if damage done by something, that could and needed to be avoided, can be repaired

Quote Originally Posted by RoKPaNda View Post
    I'm playing on one of the listed realms and yeah it's pretty much a ghost town already. In the last hour I've seen one other player and LFG chat has really slowed down as well.
    I moved to Earthshaker from Firemaw with my guild, and joined /LFG. Completely dead channel, tried getting groups in it for days. Then a friend of mine said "What about /world?". Turns out no one was using /LFG, everyone were using /world. Maybe try it.

Quote Originally Posted by Alaenore View Post
    "LaYeRiNg Is NeVeR gOiNg AwAy§!"
    "BFA is like WOD 8.3 will not happen they'll skip straight to expansion !§"

How to kill two birds in one stone.

I see two stones. Just thrown at the same time.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by khazmodan View Post
    Then please change to a good server like what i'm on; Old Blanchy, there are plenty of great community servers out there that you can make tons of friends on. As for the retail shills and other anti classic people; please stay on your dying retail.
    So defensive lol. I'm quite happy with my server and my guild, thanks.
    AchaeaKoralin - Are you still out there? | Classic Priest

Friday noon looking at the server population: high, high, high, high, medium, high, high, high

Yep... classic is dead.

I am really dumb. But with the new honor changes, if i go Mercenary mode will the honor still count towards the achievement ''[Battlefield Master]'' or nah? Cuz if i understand everything right: The honor don't cont towards the 10k and 30k achievement if you go Mercenary mode , but shall still be fine for [Battlefield Master]. Or am i wrong?

Quote Originally Posted by crusadernero View Post
    I think the patch will hit right around Blizzcon. I think theres no issue with announcing whats next at blizzcon and release a 8.3 patch.
    That's pure speculation.

10+ Year Old Account
    Lighthalzen, the City-State of Prosperity
    Good i decided to not play that game in 2019. layering destroyed it completely

Quote Originally Posted by Arakakao View Post
    That's pure speculation.
    yeah? and? thats the whole fundation of this forum site going day after day lol.

The only real answer here is Blizzard releases stuff when they release stuff. Thats it. They know, we dont. So we speculate.

Quote Originally Posted by Alaenore View Post
    "LaYeRiNg Is NeVeR gOiNg AwAy§!"
    No one was saying this. We knew from the start that layering was going away before Phase 2.

Quote Originally Posted by Alkizon View Post
    Well "Ooh! I found it, captain. Good as new." Now we'll find out if damage done by something, that could and needed to be avoided, can be repaired
    You can't abuse layers whene there were only 2 layers. Yes people were leveling slightly faster, but it's not like they were hopping around tens or hundereds of layers. Just between two, so max abuse is about twice money/xp/loot compared to no layers.
    Dungeon layer exploit was a bug and people got banned for it.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by spadeas View Post
    You can't abuse layers whene there were only 2 layers. Yes people were leveling slightly faster, but it's not like they were hopping around tens or hundereds of layers. Just between two, so max abuse is about twice money/xp/loot compared to no layers.
    Dungeon layer exploit was a bug and people got banned for it.
    So... what? You don't understand essence of objection of this vile mechanism. No matter how many layers, it's important that they exist and can be switched.

The same garbage as with forge-items and other nonsense.

Rules are the same for all, no porous boundaries. Well, okay, it's a completed stage already, since we have to deal with layers and their consequences and no matter what we think about it, but I still don't understand what did you really want to say with this... Layers were, are and will be filthy mechanism, as well as all their ancestors (CRZ, shards and, though this isn't entirely about that, but phasing, because it's violate the same principle). But consequences of devs' laziness and partly self-interest, which I talked already about, that's - let's see if economy and social part will recover after.

ps. I don't need subterfuge and excuses, I demand following rules of game design.
    Last edited by Alkizon; 2019-10-04 at 05:44 PM.
    __---=== IMHO(+cg) and MORE |"links-inside" ===---__

__---=== PM me WHERE if I'm unnecessarily "notifying" you ===---__

Quote Originally Posted by Darknessvamp View Post
    Except it wasn't clear as until today 8.3 had yet to have been announced or even mentioned by Blizzard. I personally speculated that 8.2.5 might've been the final patch because of how close to Blizzcon it was releasing, the lack of info on an 8.3, the messy meaning behind "The Story Future" statements from last Blizzcon and "The boss reveal at the end of EP" being suspect prior to the raid's release and the datamining of it's encounter journal entries, the lack of confirmation in the EP finale cutscene and the events depicted in 8.2.5. Unrelated to retail WoW, I also considered Classic and Reforged might have influenced the decision all of which I reasoned without regarding the negativity this expansion has garnered.

Now granted we've got an indication that an 8.3 might be happening but we're still waiting on that much warranted confirmation from Blizzard themselves.
    It was very clear. How it wasn't clear for you I can't explain though, but it is what I said earlier, it's beyond me how people could not see that it was coming. Blizzard isn't being cryptic when they say we'll see who the end boss of the expansion in the cinematic after Azshara's defeat. They outright confirmed there was more coming in BfA.

The cinematic confirmed N'Zoth to be the end boss of the expansion, because blizzard said so. Even if it wasn't N'Zoth, and the tentacles is someone else, more raids was incoming in BfA. It would of course come with a patch. You couldn't see the big eye and shadowy cloudy tentacles rising? Or you didn't want to? The expansion cycle still got 10-11 months. They have said it would be close to Legion patch cycle. We "all" knew 8.3 was coming, except a few individuals who only sees negatives.
    Last edited by Doffen; 2019-10-04 at 03:13 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I just hope that they give the 8.3 ptr next week... Retail has been steadily losing peeps left and right -.-' Been in a casual guild in this expansion (because I simply dont care enough). Guild had 360~ peeps. I logged in a few days ago to see whats up (been playing classic since launch). Out of those 360~ people, there were 4 dudes, one of whom was only there to empty the guild bank... Turns out everyone moved to classic because of lack of something interesting to do... Blizzard, you have to hurry tf up.

Quote Originally Posted by Justpassing View Post
    There's still time for it to get cancelled!.. right guys?
    Hope never dies!

Quote Originally Posted by r0LanD View Post
    Well, I don't think that's a minority since major part of players left the game
    Citation needed.

Oh right, you have exactly none other than the always present narrative that the current expansion sucks the worst and nobody's playing.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by twothe View Post
    Friday noon looking at the server population: high, high, high, high, medium, high, high, high

Yep... classic is dead.
    Well when people shit on Retail they conveniently ignore the servers showing High/Full/Medium and only go for the ones showing Low or New Players. Even when that's been a never changing picture for said servers for a decade, in some cases even during WOTLK.

Safe to say, people use the word "dead" without understanding what it actually means.

Mythic EP needs to be nerfed in an attempt to keep the last remaining mythic raiding guilds alive. BfA is a total disaster.

10+ Year Old Account
    Anyone still play BFA at all?