Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by VexxedFox View Post
    When the first set of Allied Races came out at the end of Legion there was a clear bias towards Horde compared to Alliance. The Horde classes unlocked from playing the game's story and were so "old" (for a lack of better words) that most people were already exalted with them, however for Void Elves and Lightforged Draenei it was a legit grind to get exalted on Argus for these guys.

Now when I look at the BfA Allied Races, it boggles my mind that the Alliance has to run a dungeon to get the Dwarves while Horde can solo both races with relative easy. I truly don't understand how Blizzard has made it so one sided with unlocking the Allied Races when comparing Horde and Alliance. Hopefully if they add more with 8.3 it's not so blatantly biased on ease of unlocking.
    shoulda played legion

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    When the first set of Allied Races came out at the end of Legion there was a clear bias towards Horde compared to Alliance. The Horde classes unlocked from playing the game's story and were so "old" (for a lack of better words) that most people were already exalted with them, however for Void Elves and Lightforged Draenei it was a legit grind to get exalted on Argus for these guys.
    it was no more grindy to get to exalted with Highmountain and Nightborne than it was for Argussian Reach and Army of the Light. you're reaching with that argument. if you played 7.3 you would've been exalted within 2 months at the absolute most

Now when I look at the BfA Allied Races, it boggles my mind that the Alliance has to run a dungeon to get the Dwarves while Horde can solo both races with relative easy. I truly don't understand how Blizzard has made it so one sided with unlocking the Allied Races when comparing Horde and Alliance. Hopefully if they add more with 8.3 it's not so blatantly biased on ease of unlocking.
    Because doing a dungeon on normal difficulty is hard ??

Herald of the Titans Amaterasu65's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Yes, unlocking the Horde BFA races has been easier, that doesn't mean that the Alliance ones were hard. Running one dungeon isn't that much of a problem.

For nigthbourne you have to do the suramar campaign that require you to run 2 dungeons.

You are utterly wrong

It's true that unlocking the nightborne and Highmountain tauren was both simpler and a more enjoyable experience, especially with the former.

This is still a menial thing to whine about.
    Now you see it. Now you don't.

But was where Dalaran?

15+ Year Old Account

I agree. That teleporting back and forth and back and forth and then making the dungeon was a bit too much. Though the allied races on alliance side fit my taste much better. Nightborne could have been so cool but instead they have very strange male faces and both genders run super weird and in slowmode but also like some frames are missing in the animation. I don't get how they can spend so much time in developing the nightborne in suramar and then rush them so hard as an allied race.

The scenario for LF draenei was completely embarrassing though.... TPATHOS!!!! OMG... What the hell was that?
    BUT I like lf draenei and I like argus
    Zorn | Vynd | Pheraz | Sylwina | Mondlicht | Eis | Blut | Emerelle - Plus 20 more...

Quote Originally Posted by Vanderez View Post
    Which two dungeons are they? The only one I remember is the raid for the seed, and that has been removed in 8.0.1 if I remember correctly.
    Arcway and court of stars

Quote Originally Posted by mickybrighteyes View Post
    Really? three times? Seems there is a misunderstanding since I see no mention at all about how new or out of nowhere the retconned existences of Nightborne and HMT are and a singular instance of how the spending an expansion with them somehow makes up for this.
    Quote Originally Posted by KayRule View Post
    It kinda sucks really, the trend seems to be Alliance gets retcons and "new made up" stuff, while Horde gets iconic classics from WC3, and the newer stuff is always stuff they've spent a good time getting familiar and friendly with.
    Horde got spend an entire expansion with Nightborne and Highmountain, and then got to unlock them. Meanwhile Alliance's first allied races were the newly introduced LFD, and not even introduced till the feature was added Void Elves.
    Cycle finally breaks with Alliance getting Dark Irons and Kul Tirans (although retconned into being giant fat people now), but seems to be that our next Allied Races will be the Vulpera, who the Horde got to spend the whole expansion with, and the Alliance getting these brand new gnomes we just met this patch.
    I just think its odd that the Alliance always gets relatively new, or reinvented stuff, and the Horde always gets stuff we're very familiar with, or at least spend an entire expansion pack with.
    Looks like it was 4 times actually.

TBH the only good allied races are Zandalari Trolls and Dark Iron Dwarves.

I seriously despise the idea of allied races, which are cheap cash grab.

If you bothered to read the OP, not talking about which one people might like more but the ease in which they are acquired.
    All of them were a joke to acquire and this is coming from someone who hates forced daily worldquests to get something like Races or Flying.

Just because its quick it doesnt mean I have to like or enjoy it.

10+ Year Old Account
    oh no haff to do a dungeon for dorfs
    oh no

oh no
    Looking marvelous in velvet.

I had all requirements for the Alliance allied races months before they were released and I didn't even try.

But I think this is a case of "I need to log into the game to do things" problem we are looking at here.

the Alliance has to run a dungeon to get the Dwarves
    omg a dungeon!! That's .... that's HORRIBLE!

Looks like it was 4 times actually.
    And yet no references to how the nightborne or HMT were retconned existences that were never present before while starting out saying that was a trait you found for the alliance.

So I'm still not seeing this 'thrice' on anything about that.

edit:

Your 3 or 4 mentions were separate instances of focusing on how long the the race was introduced before it wound up officially as an option. I wasn't talking about THAT. I was specifically pointing out how you start out "Alliance gets new made up stuff... but then act like it's ok the horde gets that simply because the they introduced the races a patch or two prior.
    Last edited by mickybrighteyes; 2019-10-04 at 12:31 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eazy View Post
    TBH the only good allied races are Zandalari Trolls and Dark Iron Dwarves..
    I see you are a man of culture as well
    This world don't give us nothing. It be our lot to suffer... and our duty to fight back.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mickybrighteyes View Post
    Really? three times? Seems there is a misunderstanding since I see no mention at all about how new or out of nowhere the retconned existences of Nightborne and HMT are and a singular instance of how the spending an expansion with them somehow makes up for this.

- - - Updated - - -

established prior to WoW though. Nevermind that we're talking about existing lore over a decade after this point you're going to Knitpick
    So in 2029 we can make the same argument about Nightborne and Highmountain tauren, but right now they're "too new" for you. Cool logic, but sounds like a double standard to me. Night elves joining the Alliance after WC3 makes no more or less sense than Highmountain tauren doing the same with the Horde after Legion.

Every new thing they add starts as a new thing. It's stupid to complain about them adding new playable races (let alone minor offshoots) in new content when they've done it in literally every game/expansion since *Warcraft II*.

WC: Humans, Orcs
    WC2: Dwarves, High Elves, Trolls, Ogres, Goblins
    WC3: Tauren, Night Elves, Undead, Blood Elves
    WoW: Gnomes, Draenei, Worgen, Pandaren

And that's only talking about playable races. They introduce several new non-playable races every time they add a new landmass.

Is it really such a big deal to you that they're now adding cousin races / regional variants for a handful of them? Is it really so weird that there are pockets of tauren with different horns or night elves with different ears living in isolated areas?
    Last edited by Kathranis; 2019-10-04 at 01:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by qwerty123456 View Post
    If you notice they gave every Alliance race an elemental affinity. It's because they want to do a captain planet and the planeteers reference with the Alliance allied races. Void elves just happened to be a possible elemental race when during development. Its also why they will be getting mechagnomes instead of something cool.

...wat? What 'element' do the void elves represent there? If it's just 'void' that doesn't fit into a captain planet reference. Nor do 'lightforged' either.

The dark irons have a fire theme I'll grant you that. If you want to really stretch you could say Kul'tirans are water because of their connection to the sea and tide sages. But what element do mechagnomes represent?

Personally I feel things are fairly even in terms of allied races. LIghtforged and Highmountain are both races that could have easily just been additional customization for the parent race. Nightborne have an advantage over void elves in that they have more lore backing them up, but void elves are also branching off of blood elves who DO have a ton of lore and backstory and IMO have much better customization options than nightborne unless nightborne got updates in the last few patches. Dark irons and Maghar are both top tier allied races. The mag'har can represent a lot of clans but I personally like dark iron more because they're just 100% dark iron, where as the maghar have to be a bit watered down in terms of racials because they can't just draw from one clan with a distinct identity. And while the mag'har skin choices seem ipresive at first it's really just like 4 skin colors with a few of those skin colors having baked in tattoo options. And then Zandalari and Kul'tirans are both well handled.

My only complaints with any of the alliance allied races are really from a story perspective where things are made to fit a gameplay formula where they dont' really make sense story wise and my general dislike of not liking races being locked in a MMORPG in general.
    Last edited by Florena; 2019-10-04 at 02:31 PM.

The amount of work required seems about the same to me honestly. The fact that some are "easier" because you get the rep as you're leveling or just naturally as you're questing doesn't really change the fact that you have to still spend the time doing those things to progress towards unlocking them.

The amount of effort/ time involved in unlocking them seems about even.

Quote Originally Posted by Bright-Flower View Post
    ...wat? What 'element' do the void elves represent there? If it's just 'void' that doesn't fit into a captain planet reference. Nor do 'lightforged' either.

The dark irons have a fire theme I'll grant you that. If you want to really stretch you could say Kul'tirans are water because of their connection to the sea and tide sages. But what element do mechagnomes represent?
    They aren't exact element copies for captain planet they are just "elemental" like them. And void and light are the 2 most important elements in wow. Mechagnomes represent tech just like heart isn't a real element.