10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Blayze View Post
    What are the chances that the Black Empire or whatever is 10.0 or at least 9.1, and 9.0 is something not directly connected to 8.3 (so that both 8.3 and 9.0 could be introduced at Blizzcon without one spoiling the other).
    They aren't going to be worried by the 8.3 stuff, there's probably a way for them to talk about 9.0 without spoiling 8.3, it would be honestly a bit silly for them to do that. When they introduce 9.0 at BlizzCon, whatever the expansion is about, we'll get a story behind it, perhaps not how we get there, but the general basis of what the story is about for 9.0.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Marlamin View Post
    There's possibly some Winter Veil stuff encrypted in 8.2.5 still so Blizzard might not be planning or just isn't sure of 8.3 hitting before Winter Veil similar to 8.2 having Brewfest stuff (as 8.2.5 -could- have come out the week before Brewfest instead of during it like it did).
    I have no idea why they would bother hiding it. They didn't hide WV 2018 presents or new hearthstone toys.

Quote Originally Posted by Lazarel View Post
    I legit had this nightmare last night that the Blizzcon schedule went up and the first panel after the opening ceremony was called "Warcraft What's Next with Tencent Games"
    Did you have phone in this dream?

Quote Originally Posted by TarzoEzio View Post
    They aren't going to be worried by the 8.3 stuff, there's probably a way for them to talk about 9.0 without spoiling 8.3, it would be honestly a bit silly for them to do that. When they introduce 9.0 at BlizzCon, whatever the expansion is about, we'll get a story behind it, perhaps not how we get there, but the general basis of what the story is about for 9.0.
    Face it, if 8.3 PTR will come before Blizzcon, most people in that crowd will already know 8.3 plot.
    Last edited by Dracullus; 2019-10-04 at 01:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by TarzoEzio View Post
    I mean like how since Wrath wasn't directly connected to TBC, the expansion was just instigated by Arthas being a prick, we could have 9.0 be unrelated to 8.3 and both things saved for Blizzcon as a result.
    It became clear that it wasn’t realistic to try to get the audience back to being more hardcore, as it had been in the past. -- Tom Chilton

Quote Originally Posted by Dracullus View Post
    I have no idea why they would bother hiding it. They didn't hide WV 2018 presents or new hearthstone toys.
    True, but it does appear like there's some encrypted stuff relating to it. e.g. this page has a bunch of encrypted files with some Winter Veil stuff thrown in that is in the exact same ID range, also added in 8.2.5. Stiven also speculated the Hearthstone tavern might be related to Winter Veil.

Regarding a potential update to Winter veil, i would think that Blizzard has time to release 8.3 before Winter veil anyways, they definitely will not release the raid that close to the holidays, but a month and a half between patch release to raid release seems perfectly reasonable when you consider the holidays in the middle.

8.3 raid will be called "The Maw of N'Zoth".

You heard it here first.

Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    Regarding a potential update to Winter veil, i would think that Blizzard has time to release 8.3 before Winter veil anyways, they definitely will not release the raid that close to the holidays, but a month and a half between patch release to raid release seems perfectly reasonable when you consider the holidays in the middle.
    i really cant see 8.3 releasing before january. there is not enough time for the ptr.

Quote Originally Posted by Wilfire View Post
    8.3 raid will be called "The Maw of N'Zoth".

You heard it here first.
    Isn't that map just the old name for crucible of storms?

Quote Originally Posted by dcc626 View Post
    i really cant see 8.3 releasing before january. there is not enough time for the ptr.
    I wouldn't say it's impossible, but it'd be a tight fit, and they'd definitely do further raid testing before S4.

Depends on the size of the patch i suppose, probably quite a bit unlikely, but we will see. If PTR goes up next week then i think we are just in the realm of possiblity, otherwise it will come out mid to late January.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dracullus View Post
    Face it, if 8.3 PTR will come before Blizzcon, most people in that crowd will already know 8.3 plot.
    I agree. I think they'll have the PTR up by next week.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wilfire View Post
    You heard it here first.
    And last.

7.2 was 10 weeks on PTR, 7.3 - 9 weeks. Starting from next week, we have about 10 weeks if they want release expac this year.

Imo it's already decided, if they plan to release 8.3 in Q4, it will release regardless how many bug it has. If not, we won't see many activity on PTR realms next 1-2 week.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Blayze View Post
    I mean like how since Wrath wasn't directly connected to TBC, the expansion was just instigated by Arthas being a prick, we could have 9.0 be unrelated to 8.3 and both things saved for Blizzcon as a result.

But since Mists of Pandaria, we had the expansions before it leads to the next expansion, instead of a new monster of the expansion formula, it's more storytelling on how we get there.

Mists started that, Garrosh gets imprisoned, goes to AU Draenor, Gul'dan sent to Azeroth, blah blah you get it.

I thought someone already put the dates together based on history and it showed 8.3 first or second week of January.
    #TeamTinkers

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by spleen1015 View Post
    I thought someone already put the dates together based on history and it showed 8.3 first or second week of January.
    Good luck with that first week of January ;D.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd expect it in January. I'll be surprised if it hits late December.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

I think we'll get the patch in December; I'm not sure about the raid, however. It wouldn't be the first time that Blizzard has released a raid in December, though.
    Professor of History at Dalaran University

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    WoW, 900th page. But it's kindy shitty we have two separate hype threads.

Quote Originally Posted by AbalDarkwind View Post
    I think we'll get the patch in December; I'm not sure about the raid, however. It wouldn't be the first time that Blizzard has released a raid in December, though.
    Last time it was WoD with Highmaul that lasted like 8-9 weeks. Nowadays Blizzard is much smarter with pacing content, there is 0% chance Season 4 will release this year.
    Last edited by Dracullus; 2019-10-04 at 02:17 PM.

What about patch in December and raid opening mid/late January?

Quote Originally Posted by Atticon View Post
    What about patch in December and raid opening mid/late January?
    That is one of the posibilities given a relatively quick 8.3 stream and PTR release, a bit itght on time, of course. But depending on the size of hte patch it could work.
    Mid to late January is the next best option.