Class Concept: Alchemist (wip)

The alchemist is based on the Warcraft 3 Alchemist as well as Alchemists in wow and has 3 specs a healing spec, a range dps, and a melee dps spec.
    https://wow.gamepedia.com/Alchemist_(Warcraft_III)
    https://wow.gamepedia.com/Alchemist

Imbiber- Melee Dps spec. Based off the Warcraft 3 Goblin Alchemists Ogre slave as well as Dire Trolls.

In this spec each race transforms into a Dire version of itself and has a unique game mechanic: Potion drinking.
    Potion Drinking is a system where you can drink up to 2 potions at a time to add effects or even change your skills. If you attempt to drink more than two you vomit, the potions are cleared and you are prevented from consuming anymore for a short time. You can remove your active potions at anytime by burping/puking.

Skill ideas-

Burp-Clears the oldest potion consumed. Hit again to puke up both potions damaging enemies in front of you and debuffing them.

Chemical Rage- Attack and movement speed buff.

Backhand
    — Hits the target, inflicting Physical damage and knocking the target back.

Bellowing Roar - Let loose a bellowing roar, inflicting Shadow damage to enemies within 15 yds and causing them to tremble in fear for 3.5 sec

Furious Charge - The caster charges forward, trampling all enemies in a line in front of them inflicting Physical damage and knocking the target prone, incapacitating them for 1 sec.

Severing Strikes — Inflicts Physical damage to enemies in a cone in front of the caster.

Wallop — Slams the target with massive fists, inflicting Physical damage, knocking them into the air.

Rejuvenating Serum- The caster drinks a frothing potion that heals the caster over time.

Toxic Potion- The caster drinks a toxic potion that causes their abilities to strip armor off of enemies and poison them.

Volatile flame Potion- The caster drinks a fiery potion that adds a dot burn to their abilities.

Freezing Potion- The caster drinks a chilly potion that adds a slow to their abilities.

Potion Doc- Heals.

Skill ideas-

Noxious Tincture- Flings a toxic potion at an enemy inflicting Nature damage.

Remedy- Aoe that removes diseases in an area and

Healing Spray- Sprays waves of healing mist that heals units in a target area.

Rejuvenating Serum- The caster drinks a frothing potion that heals the caster over time.

Transmute- Turn a target to gold stunning it temporarily.

Acid Bomb- Hurls a flask of acid at a target. The flask breaks on impact, splashing a powerful acid on near by hostile units, decreases armor. Deals slightly less gamage over time to nearby targets.

Irresistible Cologne - Place an irresistible cologne on friendly target increasing their threat and damaging hostile units within x yards of them.

Madcap- Range dps. An alchemist who fights by tossing potions.

Acid Bomb- Hurls a flask of acid at a target. The flask breaks on impact, splashing a powerful acid on near by hostile units, decreases armor. Deals slightly less gamage over time to nearby targets.

Noxious Tincture- Flings a toxic potion at an enemy inflicting Nature damage.

Serum - Poison erupts from the target's skin, creating puddles that inflict Nature damage over time.

Blistering Vapors - Creates a pool of noxious vapors that lasts until cancelled

Conjure Frost Mixture - summon a frosty mixture and breaks it on the ground. The chemicals immediately deal Frost damage to all nearby enemies within X yards and slow them.

Oozeling Concoction - create an oozeling companion to aid you in combat. Can use skills like:
    Ooze Cap — Attaches to the targets head, dealing damage and attempting to take over their brain temporarily.
    Vile Sludge - Sludge drips off of the creature, creating pools at random destinations that inflict Nature damage every 1 sec to enemies near them.
    Last edited by qwerty123456; 2019-10-06 at 12:27 AM.

Always thought an Alchemist class with a spec where you drink the chemicals and go into a chemical rage/transformation would be cool.

Just so long as i can hear my character say....."Good news everyone!"

10+ Year Old Account
    This concept seems better served as the basis for a Tinker healing spec instead of its own class.

Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    This concept seems better served as the basis for a Tinker healing spec instead of its own class.
    All of the skills are from actual alchemist skills as well as dire troll skills from wow and warcraft 3. I didn't even need to use non cannon sources like Heroes of the storm. To place them into a completely unrelated class seems pretty silly.

Don't forget, the alchemist boss in Shadowfang Keep also had frost vials.

Quote Originally Posted by FossilFree View Post
    Don't forget, the alchemist boss in Shadowfang Keep also had frost vials.
    Quote Originally Posted by KayRule View Post
    Always thought an Alchemist class with a spec where you drink the chemicals and go into a chemical rage/transformation would be cool.
    Added frost vials as well as a slime pet for the range dps. If you guys have any other skills or stuff that would be cool let me know and ill add em.

I could see Alchemists using a sort of "stance dancing" mechanic similar to Udyr in LoL, by drinking different potions with stacking effects that also change their auto-attacks/basic heals for a few seconds.

I hope this comes to light with the ability to have Mechagnomes as a playable race.

That way I could be a... full metal alchemist.

Okay.

Should I go?

Looks nice, well done .

Quote Originally Posted by otaXephon View Post
    I hope this comes to light with the ability to have Mechagnomes as a playable race.

That way I could be a... full metal alchemist.

Okay.

Should I go?
    Nah mate, stick around, have a drink...

I'd drop the Tank spec as it feels thin compared to the others, and the game doesn't really need another tank at this point as every class addition has included it. I'd take the transformation aspect and make it a DPS cooldown

Quote Originally Posted by zlygork View Post
    I could see Alchemists using a sort of "stance dancing" mechanic similar to Udyr in LoL, by drinking different potions with stacking effects that also change their auto-attacks/basic heals for a few seconds.
    The imbiber's skills change based on what potions they consume, I wasn't sure if all three specs should have that mechanic though.

Quote Originally Posted by jellmoo View Post
    I'd drop the Tank spec as it feels thin compared to the others, and the game doesn't really need another tank at this point as every class addition has included it. I'd take the transformation aspect and make it a DPS cooldown
    There isn't a tank spec. The transformation would be kinda like druid forms but you would automatically transform when you choose the Imbiber spec and couldn't leave the form unless you couldn't fit in doors then it could just be like worgen form where you auto change in combat. All its skills would add bonus effects or change entirely based on what potions you have drank.

Quote Originally Posted by qwerty123456 View Post
    There isn't a tank spec. The transformation would be kinda like druid forms but you would automatically transform when you choose the Imbiber spec and couldn't leave the form unless you couldn't fit in doors then it could just be like worgen form where you auto change in combat. All its skills would add bonus effects or change entirely based on what potions you have drank.
    My bad, completely misread that.

Honestly though? I'd still keep it to two specs and ditch the melee one and make it a DPS cooldown. With the sheer number of melee specs in the game, it doesn't really add much that isn't already there.