Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Daffan View Post
    This is trash for game design.

Devs don't want the experience only lasting one full clear.
    You’re welcome to your opinion. Maybe try a bit less to confuse it with fact though.

Quote Originally Posted by Mardux View Post
    You’re welcome to your opinion. Maybe try a bit less to confuse it with fact though.
    Pot, meet kettle.

Quote Originally Posted by Xath View Post
    Yeah why the hell would I want to get gear from the raid .... this system blows

- - - Updated - - -

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...done&source=27

You are wrong he has all 3 pieces on he logged out in M+ gear.
    Why the hell would you pretend that the raid doesn’t drop gear? Just because someone doesn’t want to go into the raid to get something, doesn’t magically make that something not BiS. Lol.

Bring back tier sets. It's the easiest and at the same time the most effective change they can do to make raiding more desireable again. I would raid more on my alts too then.

Why the hell would you pretend that the raid doesn’t drop gear? Just because someone doesn’t want to go into the raid to get something, doesn’t magically make that something not BiS. Lol.
    For hunter 6 bis pieces are not from raid 9 if you count crafting. That's beyond stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by Sevyvia View Post
    Pot, meet kettle.
    I prefer pot, meet bong. Thank you very much.

Quote Originally Posted by caballitomalo View Post
    So you get a warforged mythic drop and you just scrap it because benthic gear sims better? You know there will be content beyonf EP, right?

Benthic gear is only relevant as long as EP is current. It worth the gring as long as you raid there, the moment a new raid us released it become scrap junk.
    Outside of trinkets and Azshara staff all gear becomes scrap junk when new raid is released anyway. Gear acquisition rates are too fast atm, you replace all of the old gear week 1 and you cap out on gear and power gains in like 2-3 weeks, which causes multiple issues. One is there are not many reasons to farm EP since Mythic Azshara doesnt even drop a mount and two the raid doesn't get nerfed slightly over time with gear like it used in pre TF era of the game. For a world 100th guilds like my guild re-clearing Azshara each week feels like a chore, some guilds don't even bother reclearing her. Back in the day farming the instance would eventually become relaxing and stayed fun because of that either the gear helped or blizzard nerfed the instance over time with raid wide aura or releasing valor upgrades. Those would help guilds that are stuck on end boss for like 300 pulls too.

Now it feels like blizzard is just actively trying to kill Mythic guilds. Infinite gear from M+ and TFing ruined gearing curve of WoW, normal and Heroic raids are useless pretty much and Mythic raiders cap out gear too fast and then nothing is nerfing content slowly over time. This was kinda fixed in Uldir with Array building slowly each week but then they scrapped the only good idea they had this x-pac.

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyah View Post
    I've been wondering lately as why Ep felt so lacklustre past the first kill i've done.

I'm still thrillwd to progress in mythic but reclearing feels like a chore when i only had this feeling toward the end of a tier.

And the issue is that the reward from the raid id very unrewarding. There is no new set to get so no gameplay change, and out of the 16 slits of loot i got, only SIX that are actually BIS from the raid.

Neck is HoA
    Rings are mechagon
    Shoulders are vendor
    Pants are m+
    4 benthic pieces
    Trinket is craft

In order for a piece to be an upgrade in the raid (mythic) it has to be both warforged and has a socket.

I m glad i can gear up a bit outside of raid but the hardest content in game should still reward the best loots, at least slightly...
    Imagine if the items in the raid had a... a sort of bonus. A bonus for wearing them together. For instance, imagine if your gloves, legs, maybe shoulders, chest and a head were all tied to this 'bonus.' Now imagine you got a bonus for wearing.. idk... 2 pieces of the raid's gear. Then another at 4, too.

Nah, probably a bad idea. Why change it? We all know BFA raid gear is massively more interesting than legion and prior raid gear

I hope they bring back tier sets and set bonuses next xpac.

I feel the same way, even though I actually enjoy most of the fights in EP, I still find myself bored. I think it has more to do with class design than the raid itself. Set bonuses added an extra layer to class mechanics that kept things a little more interesting throughout a tier. Now we already have classes with designs that leave much to be desired, and on top of that there's nothing that switches anything up. There's no variety with classes and it makes the content boring.

BFA has a lot of content, but it also has boring classes that end up making the content boring. Just my $.02
    The proper waifu is a wholesome supplement for one's intrinsic need for belonging and purpose.

Quote Originally Posted by Not A Cat View Post
    I hope they bring back tier sets and set bonuses next xpac.
    Tier sets are the same kind of design mistake, though - it essentially locks down certain slots, reducing the overall number of loot you want because they tend to be disproportionately powerful. I.e. you often keep normal mode tier pieces even over mythic non-tier, whereas regular items get upgraded a lot more frequently even if there's only one technical BiS piece in that slot. It's less egregious than Azerite and Benthic, of course, since you get those outside of the raid, but it's still a problem.

We need MORE gear variety, and desperately so. Going into a raid for 4 items is a horrible feeling.

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Doffen View Post
    Bring back tier sets. It's the easiest and at the same time the most effective change they can do to make raiding more desireable again. I would raid more on my alts too then.
    That's only valid if you consider the 2 options we experienced and nothing else. In the realms of possibilities, they could do about a million things better than tier sets.

the removal of class tier sets was definitely the biggest mistake of BfA for me

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    It's a small raid, the difficulty curve is great which means you can progress steadily through it, Benthic gear made gearing for it easy, most raids by now have lvl 65 or 67 necks (and that extra +3% health for the entire raid is not at all small).

I liked EP. But it did not have much staying power for me. Small raids only manage to engage people for very long when there is a boss or two that completely fuck you up (Ragnaros, Avatar and KJ)
    Gul'dan too. I know how hard was the last phase of Gul'dan in mythic, OOF

Quote Originally Posted by CrawlFromThePit View Post
    That's only valid if you consider the 2 options we experienced and nothing else. In the realms of possibilities, they could do about a million things better than tier sets.
    Well I said it was the easiest. In the realms of possibilities, the better things than tier set could be found in a thousand years. If we were thinking that way sure, there are probably a lot of things that could make raiding better than it is now. But nothing would be easier than to put in tier sets in the raid again, at least within this topic.

What other options about tier sets do we have beside having it or not? We have raid-theme sets now in BfA, not really a success is it? If they went with the details and the quality of the visuals, then they could make tier-sets pretty cool.

And I have suggested a change to tier-set before. Or rather, season-set. We got PvP armor sets and all right, and some are looking good in BfA. But what if they implemented:
    (Just using BfA features here)

Season gear, PvE-sets: 8 Pieces, Transmog only. You get certain pieces from the current raid, some from 5-mans(mythic+), some from Warfront, some from Islands etc, Get Helm, Shoulders or both from the raid, perhaps Chest/Leggings, the most exclusive ones. Get Chest, Leggings and Gloves, or maybe either Helm or Shoulders from 5-mans, belt and wrist from Islands and so on.

Cosmetics are something that a lot of people in the game cares about. Not all of course, but a lot of people do. Making some transmogs exclusively from the raids and other content and combine them from all the content from each season to make the set. Just like tier-sets, but it won't lock you into those pieces since they are only for transmog.

Even easier, just make Tier Set for raids, make it cosmetic only. That won't lock people into the gear, but it will give people more incentive to do the raids more. I would wager most of us went into raids when it was farm to get that certain piece to complete the set.
    Last edited by Doffen; 2019-10-04 at 07:10 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Removing tier was a really stupid idea imo. There's something about getting your 2/5 or 4/5 tier set bonuses that makes raiding more enjoyable. I guess I never realized how much enjoyment came from obtaining tier gear from raids. Ever since they removed tier, I burnout from raids in 5 or less weeks.
    Most likely the wisest Enhancement Shaman.

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by crakerjack View Post
    Removing tier was a really stupid idea imo. There's something about getting your 2/5 or 4/5 tier set bonuses that makes raiding more enjoyable. I guess I never realized how much enjoyment came from obtaining tier gear from raids. Ever since they removed tier, I burnout from raids in 5 or less weeks.
    True, but...
    There's also the negative aspect of not being allowed to put on your first piece cuz it makes you lose the bonus from your previous set and also removes any possiblity of making any other items of that slot.

Also forces everyone into the same thing (arguably the entire game does that but assuming we actually get RPG-levels of customization it would work best without tier sets).

There are other ways to make interesting items without having set bonus system which is quite constipating in terms of customization unless they start making several sets, and let's be real, they have a hard time making 1 good set per spec per tier.

His opinion has the advantage of being obviously correct.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

Quote Originally Posted by Shaetha View Post
    Get out of here. No one plays video games because they enjoy them any more. /s

In all seriousness, if you only do things to get gear, your approach to the game is wrong. It's one of the reasons I hate Mythic+.
    You know people do M+ for fun with friends just as much as they raid for fun with friends right? I certainly do not do M+ for gear that’s about 15-20 ilvls below most of my gear and is even less guaranteed to drop than loot from raid bosses. Sure you can spam lfg for the same dungeon but that’s not fun. Fuckin around with 4 good friends for a few hours is!

I view the gear as a tool, not my reason for playing.
    EP feels bland to me due to its design and visuals and mobs. Lots of reused art assets and possibly the worst effort I've seen in raid gear design since the end of WOTLK. The Heroic, Normal and LFR difficulty gear is no better than Naxx 10/25 shit in terms of textures and features.

It's made me appreciate Uldir.

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyah View Post
    I've been wondering lately as why Ep felt so lacklustre past the first kill i've done.

And the issue is that the reward from the raid id very unrewarding. There is no new set to get so no gameplay change, and out of the 16 slits of loot i got, only SIX that are actually BIS from the raid.
    This is even funnier now with the 8.3 informations.

Raidguilds will TF-farm EP forever for the "unrewarding" trinkets especially with the roster changes because of the DoT-spec nerfs.
    -