Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

3 Faction System

You guys think that we are heading into a 3 Faction system?

Currently based on choice the Horde is splintered into 2 the Horde and the Sylvanis Loyalist, the Alliance IMHO will be given a similar option soon. Decide between Anduin and peace, or Tyrande and her vengeance. If players decide for peace they can play alongside Horde alliance being friendly, but if they side with the other 2 they are against all.

Purely a story idea I do not think this will work with PVP, but it would be kinda cool.

Blizzard can't tell a good story based around 2 factions, sure as hell won't happen based around three.

Doubt it, wow was made on the bases of the 2 faction system. Making it 3 will change much more than you might think.

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    Hum...nope....IMHO it messes up guilds, raids, pvp...everything

Unless ofc they go one way for the sheer lore and ignore that in gameplay - as they do now with 8.2.5: War is over, Sylvanas buggered off, Horde and Allinace leaders are all happy cuddling.....yet we still assault each other every 12 hrs, kill each other in pvp objectives and so on.

Also: You talk about three factions...others here have signatures to abolish factions because they are "cancer"...so why not leave it as it is and piss off the least amount of ppl

- - - Updated - - -

Oh...hey....why did I know this one would pop up. IMHO Starcraft disagrees...but whatever....
    RTS and MMO are vastly different things.

3 factions might be true, if there is just a neutral one. But here you suggest full 3 factions: Sorry, but that's HORRIBLE idea. Blizzard already has enough problems giving 2 factions enough content, with 3 it would be even worse.

Nah, i really hope nothing like this will happen.

Quote Originally Posted by keyboardshinobi View Post

Currently based on choice the Horde is splintered into 2 the Horde and the Sylvanis Loyalist, the Alliance IMHO will be given a similar option soon. Decide between Anduin and peace, or Tyrande and her vengeance. If players decide for peace they can play alongside Horde alliance being friendly, but if they side with the other 2 they are against all.

Purely a story idea I do not think this will work with PVP, but it would be kinda cool.
    I think you’ll find there will be one faction. The end.

15+ Year Old Account
    3 faction dynamic is far more superior compared to 2 factions, both story and gameplaywise.

However, from a technical stand point (at least how WoW content is structured), a third faction is an impossibility - it would fragment the playerbase even more and that i the last thing the game needs right now.

Therefore Blizzard has two options: remove factions altogether aka go to a single faction OR remove faction limitations from gameplay so you can group up with members of opposing faction for dungeons and raids.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

What exactly does "purely a story choice" mean? If there are zero impacts on the game-mechanics (e.g. who ypu can group with or PvP against) and it all comes down to 3 lines of text every 3 montsh being different....yeah, then surely Blizzard can handle 5, 6 or 10 "factions".

But what would be the point of that? And if there are ANY gameplay implications: Blizzard CAN remove grouping barriers between factions. They can NEVER errect new nones. If suddenly half your raid cannot group with you any more or by in your guild...that's a problem. PvP does not require factions at all. It works BETTER without factions. Far better actually.

I think this is one of those aspects of WoW where the benefits can't be justified by the amount of time and money it would take to implement.

Mind you, I've been in favor of multiple or fluid factions for several expansions now, but I also recognize that the amount of gamebreaking bugs that will be created is likely unimaginable to the average player.

Story and such can be retconned or explained away..

Personally I’d love to see all the elves get together in one faction, and let the alliance have the forsaken. It’s never going to happen but that’s what I’d like.

There will never be 3 actual gameplay factions in the classic sense as we know it today. It would just make a bad situation worse.

What I could see is dissolving of the gameplay faction barriers, at least for PvE, and more focusing on "lore" factions. Let all players play together, but let them join "lore factions" based on quest choices and whatnot. Similar to the Saurfang vs. Sylvanas choice, and perhaps Tyrande in the future, and who knows what other options might show up.

Maybe those "lore factions" can also impact world pvp or something like that, who knows.
    Last edited by Nevcairiel; 2019-10-04 at 09:39 PM.

There's no benefit to splitting the playerbase up further than they already are.

I personally think if they change anything with the factions it will be allowing cross faction play and grouping while not in Warmode.

This allows cross faction dungeons and raids as well world content if you want a fully PvE environment.

While keeping world PvP alive amongst the factions with Warmode On.

There could even be added Lore to the idea that using Warmode just means your siding with Horde Loyalist/Tyrandes Renegades. Along with their own rep and special Warmode WQ ect.

Its decision nobody is forced into since you can opt in and out as you please. That allows cross play while also keeping the Horde/Alliance distinction in PvP

Lets just hope that; if they go down this path, we aint stuck with the choices we made now.

Would suck if I couldnt join the «neutrals» with my main since I sided with Sylvanas a month ago

10+ Year Old Account
    Whatever it ends up being, on the Alliance side it has to mean a decentralization of this long established focus on humans.

Give me Dwarf assets. Make Ironforge great again!

10+ Year Old Account

I know I want my Elf faction, would make a lot of people happy...but it will never happen. I doubt they'd put all the work in just to give the loyalists their own faction...what if they're loyal to her but don't want to leave their friends and or guild?

How about no more factions? Cause that would benefit us more as players. Resources wouldn't have to be split between two factions and queues timers for everything would go down. Everything would be better populated and guilds would have more potencial raiders in the same pool to recruit. Also, it would mean more content for all players.

No, i don't want 3 faction, it would just make it worse. I want none. I want a better game.
    Last edited by Swnem; 2019-10-05 at 01:01 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    There is a 3rd faction....they are called the baddies and we kill them in every expansion.

No.

But there should of never been 2 factions in the first place. WoW should of been Alliance / Horde / Forsaken / Sentinels

Each faction should of been able to group with eachother freely but had their own separate hubs and stories

its world of WARCRAFT so no, 2 faction it will stay