Page 52 of 52 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by BuliwyfZRage View Post
    They made an dark hero tank/dps class, then they made a normal... normal hybrid class and then they made another dark hero tank/dps class.

Is this really a coincidence...?

To be fair, I am open for any cool class idea. If they give us Dragonsworn and make me be able to become a fancy Dragon in combat, I am all up for it.

If they give us Dark Rangers and I can be like Nathanos (especially as a undead human model with more beard options) I am all up for it especially since they destroyed Hunter with Legion and buried it with BfA.

If they give us Necromancers, I really hope they are slightly like D2 & D3 Necromancers but I doubt that.

Of course, all above those would be Mech Tinkers!
    That pattern does favor the Tinker, since they could easily be a non-zero class, could heal/tank/DPS like Monks, and are a whimsical light-hearted class like the Monk.

We'll see....

Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    That pattern does favor the Tinker, since they could easily be a non-zero class, could heal/tank/DPS like Monks, and are a whimsical light-hearted class like the Monk.

We'll see....
    I still think that if they make a tinker, it should be 4 specs with one ranged one melee mech dps, considering DH was only 2 specs that isnt unlikely still!

My hopes dream on.

To be fair, I am open for any cool class idea. If they give us Dragonsworn and make me be able to become a fancy Dragon in combat, I am all up for it.
    I like the idea of the Dragonsworn just from a lore perspective. They've always been opposed against the forces of the Old Gods, and I think it'd be great to have a class that explores the depths of Draconic magic and their ties to the Titans.

Quote Originally Posted by Triceron View Post
    I like the idea of the Dragonsworn just from a lore perspective. They've always been opposed against the forces of the Old Gods, and I think it'd be great to have a class that explores the depths of Draconic magic and their ties to the Titans.
    I dunno how they will make it work though. The Dragon Aspects gave a lot (or all?) of their power for Thrall to ensure that he can kamehameha Deathwing, how would they now bestow draconic powers upon us?

Maybe the Dragon Aspects will give more of their lifes since they give their last bits of strengths to some trustworthy heroes of Azeroth?

But the main issue I see with Dragonsworn is that the coolest ability or part of it is being a Dragon, and unless it comes with a world revamp with bigger caves and dungeons a Dragonform in Combat would be very tight and squeezy.

I dont know how I would feel about the class if you just used visual effects of dragons (like Dragon's Roar from Warriors).

Overall I think this class is the one with the least possible chance of making it into the Game to be fair, considering how popular Necromancer and Tinker always have been for like the past decade.

10+ Year Old Account
    I dunno how they will make it work though. The Dragon Aspects gave a lot (or all?) of their power for Thrall to ensure that he can kamehameha Deathwing, how would they now bestow draconic powers upon us?

Maybe the Dragon Aspects will give more of their lifes since they give their last bits of strengths to some trustworthy heroes of Azeroth?

But the main issue I see with Dragonsworn is that the coolest ability or part of it is being a Dragon, and unless it comes with a world revamp with bigger caves and dungeons a Dragonform in Combat would be very tight and squeezy.

I dont know how I would feel about the class if you just used visual effects of dragons (like Dragon's Roar from Warriors).

Overall I think this class is the one with the least possible chance of making it into the Game to be fair, considering how popular Necromancer and Tinker always have been for like the past decade.
    Honestly, the only way I see Dragonsworn working is how I did it in my class concept.

You haven't done your necklace quests I take it? Because random dragon scales serve as foci for the essence of the aspects during it...

They made an dark hero tank/dps class, then they made a normal... normal hybrid class and then they made another dark hero tank/dps class.

Is this really a coincidence...?

If they give us Dark Rangers and I can be like Nathanos (especially as a undead human model with more beard options) I am all up for it especially since they destroyed Hunter with Legion and buried it with BfA.

If they give us Necromancers, I really hope they are slightly like D2 & D3 Necromancers but I doubt that.

Of course, all above those would be Mech Tinkers!
    well the good thing about dark ranger is it could also use lots of necromancy themes.

Quote Originally Posted by threadz View Post
    well the good thing about dark ranger is it could also use lots of necromancy themes.
    Would be the same issue the necro fanbois have with DK, it's not a warlock with renamed/recolored spells/pets. But dark ranger would probably be the final nail for a necromancer class, as another class, this time ranged (though with a bow), with dots and pets would most likely be the last time Blizzard stretches that theme.

I have a lot of ideas for how they could possibly do it.

I see two routes right now. Either they could empower an individual, much like the Guardian of Tirisfal (Another Warcraft connection), or they could empower an artifact that they bestow on a certain champion, like Thrall and the Demon Soul.

The dragons could be explained as guardians of this world, and are tied to safeguarding this realm and not allowed away from Azeroth. You are chosen as a champion, but on and off Azeroth. They bless you with their powers to fight in their name. This could be an initiative brought on by Wrathion, and maybe even Medivh can appear and overlook the situation since he knows what it was like being a Guardian.

In my personal headcanon, I'd have Wrathion stealing these powers from the Dragonflights, who are shown unwilling to grant their powers to a mortal. The Dragonsworn class would not be the goody-two-shoes champion everyone expects it to be, it's a secret guardian created by Wrathion and entrusted to a mortal who has proven themselves to defy corruption and sworn to safeguard the planet, using the dragon's powers. They fight for justice, but they are hated by the Dragonflights and work in secret as Wrathion's personal agents; kinda like what the Avengers do.

The stolen powers are not directly taken from living dragons, but instead granted by the souls of dead ones. We have this in lore right now with artifacts like Tarecgosa's staff and Eranikus' gem. Other dragons could be Vaelstrasz or Korialstrasz, who both died tragic-yet-heroic deaths, and Soridormi, whose death is foreshadowed from previous expansions. The dragon souls form a bond with the champion, and their powers are channeled through them.

In my vision for the class, it would be like what Death Knights used to have with different runes of each type, and using abilities would set them on cooldown. So the gameplay is all about using spells from each dragon type, and balancing what to spend and when to save for emergencies. It's kinda like playing as the Avatar in the Airbender series, where you have control of lots of different magic within one spec. This gameplay gets carried through to different roles for each spec. This is different than a lot of others' Dragonsworn ideas, where each spec represent one Dragonflight; I imagine it where the character is empowered by all equally, and Specs would determine what they choose what roles to fulfill as a 'Guardian'.
    Last edited by Triceron; 2019-10-04 at 11:32 PM.

I have a lot of ideas for how they could possibly do it.

I see two routes right now. Either they could empower an individual, much like the Guardian of Tirisfal (Another Warcraft connection), or they could empower an artifact that they bestow on a certain champion, like Thrall and the Demon Soul.

The dragons could be explained as guardians of this world, and are tied to safeguarding this realm and not allowed away from Azeroth. You are chosen as a champion, but on and off Azeroth. They bless you with their powers to fight in their name. This could be an initiative brought on by Wrathion, and maybe even Medivh can appear and overlook the situation since he knows what it was like being a Guardian.

In my personal headcanon, I'd have Wrathion stealing these powers from the Dragonflights, who are shown unwilling to grant their powers to a mortal. The Dragonsworn class would not be the goody-two-shoes champion everyone expects it to be, it's a secret guardian created by Wrathion and entrusted to a mortal who has proven themselves to defy corruption and sworn to safeguard the planet, using the dragon's powers. They fight for justice, but they are hated by the Dragonflights and work in secret as Wrathion's personal agents; kinda like what the Avengers do.

The stolen powers are not directly taken from living dragons, but instead granted by the souls of dead ones. We have this in lore right now with artifacts like Tarecgosa's staff and Eranikus' gem. Other dragons could be Vaelstrasz or Korialstrasz, who both died tragic-yet-heroic deaths, and Soridormi, whose death is foreshadowed from previous expansions. The dragon souls form a bond with the champion, and their powers are channeled through them.

In my vision for the class, it would be like what Death Knights used to have with different runes of each type, and using abilities would set them on cooldown. So the gameplay is all about using spells from each dragon type, and balancing what to spend and when to save for emergencies. It's kinda like playing as the Avatar in the Airbender series, where you have control of lots of different magic within one spec. This gameplay gets carried through to different roles for each spec. This is different than a lot of others' Dragonsworn ideas, where each spec represent one Dragonflight; I imagine it where the character is empowered by all equally, and Specs would determine what they choose what roles to fulfill as a 'Guardian'.
    So overall the Dragonsworn idea wouldnt be based on becoming an actual Dragon, but kinda like Skyrims Dragonborn? Where you just take in the power of the Dragons?

With that comparison that finally plopped up in my mind I can tell why people want this to happen.

I dunno though, I feel like Dragonsworn and even Dark Ranger are so much of a big stretch right now.

But, its Blizzard. The only classes I really expected to come added to this Game were DK and DH, so surprises are always there with Monk.

So overall the Dragonsworn idea wouldnt be based on becoming an actual Dragon, but kinda like Skyrims Dragonborn? Where you just take in the power of the Dragons?

With that comparison that finally plopped up in my mind I can tell why people want this to happen.
    Becoming a full blown Dragon is questionable. It depends on how it's done. Mechanically, yes it's totally doable and I think it'd be real cool too. I mean we have characters turning into demons, into dinosaurs, why not Dragons?

But I'm not sure what impact that gameplay would ensure. Cuz if you don't do it cool enough and make it badass, then what's the point? And if you make it *too* badass, then people are gonna complain about balance and how it affects PVP yadda yadda. I think it's a tricky thing to tackle, but I'm sure it'd show up somehow in the class concept. I mean, it's the first thing that pops into people's heads when they think of Dragonsworn.

Overall I think the majority of the class would be using Dragon-based spells in mortal form, much like how Heroes of the Storm handles Alexstraza and Chromie. The actual Dragon transformation would be epic, but likely as a means to empower spells and unleash 'Oh shit!' buttons, rather than be a part of regular questing.

Becoming a full blown Dragon is questionable. It depends on how it's done. Mechanically, yes it's totally doable and I think it'd be real cool too. I mean we have characters turning into demons, into dinosaurs, why not Dragons?

But I'm not sure what impact that gameplay would ensure. Cuz if you don't do it cool enough and make it badass, then what's the point? And if you make it *too* badass, then people are gonna complain about balance and how it affects PVP yadda yadda. I think it's a tricky thing to tackle, but I'm sure it'd show up somehow in the class concept. I mean, it's the first thing that pops into people's heads when they think of Dragonsworn.

Overall I think the majority of the class would be using Dragon-based spells in mortal form, much like how Heroes of the Storm handles Alexstraza and Chromie. The actual Dragon transformation would be epic, but likely as a means to empower spells and unleash 'Oh shit!' buttons, rather than be a part of regular questing.
    I dont know... I feel like that is the same issues DHs have.

While DHs dont have the same strong control over their inner demon like Illidan, their Metamorphosis is just another boring 1 click ability that makes you a little bit stronger without changing your class at all.

Especially a dragon transformation has to feel truly epic. Metamorphosis is cool and all and flavorful, but it doesnt feel like that.
    Which is why it should be a bigger focus for Dragonsworn when considering how powerful our player characters are by now.

The balance issue is not existant imo, because Death Knights are supposed to be unstoppable killing machines, which they are far from in PvP.

Especially a dragon transformation has to feel truly epic.
    How would you do it within the class gameplay of WoW? I agree it should be epic, I just don't see how it would be done.

How would you do it within the class gameplay of WoW? I agree it should be epic, I just don't see how it would be done.
    Maybe slightly like the old MoP Metamorphosis? That the more and longer you build your draconic powers up, the longer you spend in your Dragonform?

Or Dragonform overall enhances your spec, not just two abilities like it does for DH. Which also was like old Metamorphosis.

You could leap, Immolation Aura, even this Shadow Melee Cleave in wotlk.

Maybe slightly like the old MoP Metamorphosis? That the more and longer you build your draconic powers up, the longer you spend in your Dragonform?

Or Dragonform overall enhances your spec, not just two abilities like it does for DH. Which also was like old Metamorphosis.

You could leap, Immolation Aura, even this Shadow Melee Cleave in wotlk.
    You would never turn into anything other than a whelp or a draconid for combat, maybe a short term drake for a channel/big cooldown attack or flight form. It would simply be too large and annoying on other players during a fight and also fuck you over due to hitbox issues. The sheer amount of issues druid forms had over the years is testament to that. Way more likely would be something like a magical effect that shrouds you, like seen in the dragon born dlc of skyrim that shows your "inner dragon" or some cringy rubbish like that.

Thats the problem though. Do we really need more elfs plagueing our lands? I slowly understand Garithos.

Either they'll make a class that is restricted to races, like Tinker to Gnome/Goblins, Dragonsworn to a Dragonsworn neutral race, Necromancer to Undead and Human.

Or they re-do the same mistake they did with Monks, open the new class to a big variety of races, if not all of them.

One of the things I really miss in this game is class uniqueness. It doesnt have to be as limited as human/dwarf paladin and Orc/Troll/Tauren shaman only, but something like DH only being elves makes both sense in lore and is more fun to see because they are just so much more focused designwise to make these two look good with it.
    If we really must go with Dark Ranger as a new class, they may as well indulge the population lean and award them to humans, undead, the elves and maybe some undead variant that uses the human animation rig.

Here's an option: playable skeletons. There's one for every race, technically making Dark Ranger "all races" without stomping on the lore too hard. It also might be the one way to ensure every Dark Ranger isn't an elf. People love spooky skeletons for some reason.

Quote Originally Posted by henrike View Post
    If we really must go with Dark Ranger as a new class, they may as well indulge the population lean and award them to humans, undead, the elves and maybe some undead variant that uses the human animation rig.

Here's an option: playable skeletons. There's one for every race, technically making Dark Ranger "all races" without stomping on the lore too hard. It also might be the one way to ensure every Dark Ranger isn't an elf. People love spooky skeletons for some reason.
    I'd love to play a zandalari skeleton like the ones in the sand zone Vol'dun, but a big problem with them is that they are pretty much no skeletons with armor on.
    I mean, yeah, you can mog it off, but both ways is kinda pointless.

Loved playing just "skeletons" instead of a fleshy Zombie though, Divinity has a big plus in my heart for that.