Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Timester View Post
    There is never the "right moment" to break the Cycle of Hatred. You just break it and move on from it.
    In Legion it was quite good moment but Genn destroyed it.
    https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...lopment-thread
    Quote Originally Posted by Nevcairiel View Post
    If you are suggesting to take my Night Elfs Shadowmeld away, then please find some pike to run yourself through, tyvm.

Quote Originally Posted by sillag View Post
    this is what blizzard's writers are retardedly trying to say but it doesn't work. this would only work if the races who actually currently are being fucked over by the cycle decided to abandon it. like if the night elves and zandalari or worgen and forsaken teamed up and said "ok we're ending this cycle here and now." and went to fight against n'zoth or whatever. thus inspiring the other races to follow suit because if they can do it the rest of us can

when its the humans and orcs deciding that war is over and you are all gonna have to roll with it you end up with the situation we are in. the orc and human bourgeoisie have decided on everyone's behalf that the current state of affairs is fine. too bad about your capital cities and kings who got murdered and all those people who got burned to death. us humans who never showed up to help and us orcs whose city is still prosperous and intact have decided that its time to abandon the cycle. what you don't agree? damn didn't realize you were consumed by vengeance bro.

it would be so simple for any one of you to write a better story than blizzard's.
    Who you what a Cycle of Hatred is, right? You just defined it. That's what you just break it and move on from it.

Yes, it is about ALL races, even the fucked ones, decide to stop and move on. The other choice is to fight on until everyone is dead, and I don't the Azerothians really want that (especially with all the other enemies around them).

Quote Originally Posted by Mehrunes View Post
    Alliance cries about HORDE BIAS about literally everything (latest example being a thread complaining that Alliance having to run a dungeon to unlock Dark Iron Dwarves is HORDE BIAS) and has done so for years. Making them lose a faction war wouldn't change anything in that regard. Blizzard wrote it the way they did because they wanted to. Particularly because they wanted to grace the world with more of their fortune cookie "wisdom" about the power of friendship that they pretend is enlightened.
    There are elements within Blizzard that are blatantly biased in the Horde's favor, I know you like to point at the most benign examples of it for a chuckle because strawmen are funny looking but I'm sure they'll squeeze in a few jabs at Blizzcon 2019 when announcing the newest heap of "content." Honestly I'm convinced the only reason the Alliance still exists is because the faction war provides easy filler for the Old God story they clearly had no faith in if they felt the need to pad it with this steaming load.

That aside I've already mentioned why the Alliance won't ever lose the faction war. Because there'd be no game then. The same reason they won't ever truly "win" it because then they'd have to actually punish the Horde for a change.

Quote Originally Posted by matrix123mko View Post
    In Legion it was quite good moment but Genn destroyed it.
    Maybe Sylvanas should have flown and used her "death powers" she had all along and killed him, then she'd be immortal and the Horde players could stop pretending that he didn't save Azeroth.
    Last edited by TheRagebear; 2019-10-05 at 06:54 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by TheRagebear View Post
    Maybe Sylvanas should have flown and used her "death powers" she had all along and killed him, then she'd be immortal and the Horde players could stop pretending that he didn't save Azeroth.
    I don't understand why didn't she one shot him. If that happened, we would have no BfA and Forsaken would be saved from eternal torment.
    https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...lopment-thread
    Quote Originally Posted by Nevcairiel View Post
    If you are suggesting to take my Night Elfs Shadowmeld away, then please find some pike to run yourself through, tyvm.

The writers hadn't invented them yet.
    Dickmann's Law: As a discussion on the Lore forums becomes longer, the probability of the topic derailing to become about Sylvanas approaches 1.

Tinkers will be the next Class confirmed.

Quote Originally Posted by Super Black Man of Steal View Post
    The faction war will never be ended, it will always only be put on hold.
    I didn't know the faction war was a WoW subscription.

Quote Originally Posted by Alteiry View Post
    I didn't know the faction war was a WoW subscription.
    lol good one But seriously the faction war will never end since there needs to be a rivalry established.

they never will, because that would be admitting that the sociopath they adore did something wrong, even when her entire career prior to the val'kyr was failure after failure due to her massive ego, superiority complex, and short-temper.
    until she had WMDs and 1-UPs as her disposal she was literally a too-dumb-to-live character, and Saurfang used that against her to get her out of control of the new horde and the forsaken.

never mind the fact that she broke the treaty with the alliance back in vanilla by attacking arathi and southshore, not to mention taking members of both the horde and the alliance captive for her RAS experiments with the plague to produce the forsaken blight.

this was after-all, the most telegraphed back-stab in the history of anything.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Caperfin View Post
    lol good one But seriously the faction war will never end since there needs to be a rivalry established.
    no there doesn't, the games dead.
    it's all over now.

I still think the faction war isn't over and Tyrande is going kill some hordies

The story is only showing us the exciting or shocking bits (the stuff that gets you to resubscribe) and doesn't have time for the connecting bits.

This has always been the case but it's much worse in BFA because it is telling two main stories at once. I think that is why it's so hard to take any of the plot points serious. They aren't earned, they are explained to us in exposition monologues.
    GoT had similar problems.
    "And all those exclamation marks, you notice? Five?
    A sure sign of someone who wears his underpants on his head."

10+ Year Old Account
    Another "bad writing" thread. Original, and somewhat ironic if one considers how OP wrote his post.

The war campaign is over, indeed. The story is not.
    Hi

Quote Originally Posted by Biomega View Post
    I mean, he's the king. His is the last word, and if he let himself be convinced by others crying for war, it's his responsibility. It wasn't like Genn went off and just started attacking the Horde or anything - they all waited for Anduin's okay.

The Horde didn't attack anyone. They harvested azerite, and the Alliance decided that it was time for a preemptive strike. THEY started the war.
    Weren’t the dwarves and night elves who were in silithis at the time slaughtered by the goblins so they could start mining azerite?
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruargh
    I'm baffled that something this simple can be so hard for some people... I guess we can't blame blizzard for dumbing down the game any longer, because apparently it very much needed :

I think the status as is, is actually quite on purpose. The factions should be devided, how else can N'zoth do whatever he plans to do?
    I'm an altoholic since 2005.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    Quote Originally Posted by ReVnX View Post
    I still think the faction war isn't over and Tyrande is going kill some hordies
    The problem is that there aren't really any hordies left for her to kill because you know, horde bias.

All those Night Elf troops, standing in formation and marching under the lead of... Saurfang, the Butcher of Ashenvale.

Awkward.

Quote Originally Posted by thottstation View Post
    All those Night Elf troops, standing in formation and marching under the lead of... Saurfang, the Butcher of Ashenvale.

Awkward.
    He was doing it for Azeroth.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    Quote Originally Posted by Verdugo View Post
    He was doing it for Azeroth.
    Ashenvale is FREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE.

Quote Originally Posted by sillag View Post
    are we dealing with the stupidest writers the world has ever produced. has there ever been a worse piece of fiction than battle for azeroth. none of this stands up to even a second of critical thought. who wrote this. are they ashamed of what they have produced. was this really the best that could be done under the restrictions of blizzard's awful gameplay-first writing methods.

we are at the bottom of a very deep well here my friends
    Your opening post gave me a good chuckle, especially the bolded part.

Seriously though, the writing team's actions are indefensible. People praise the the art/music/quest teams, but the writing team somehow always gets a pass despite producing absolute BS. The game has such potential for interesting lore/story, it's a shame Blizzard went for cheap writers...

Quote Originally Posted by InTheEnd View Post
    Your opening post gave me a good chuckle, especially the bolded part.

Seriously though, the writing team's actions are indefensible. People praise the the art/music/quest teams, but the writing team somehow always gets a pass despite producing absolute BS. The game has such potential for interesting lore/story, it's a shame Blizzard went for cheap writers...
    Oh I can assure you they are not cheap, they are definitely extremely overpaid.

Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    Ashenvale is FREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE.
    Damn, kinda makes me wish Saurfang was still alive so we could witness that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.