Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Welp finished the game, at least one ending, too lazy to bother with an NG+ (and achievements). I kind of stopped leveling and hoarded like 2m+ haze at the end cause... I don't know why.

Once you get the hang of it though, like every souls-type game really, you do just start murderizing a lot of things easily.

I like how much you can customize your build though with the wide variety of skills from different blood codes. Can play your own mix and match.

Overall really liked it and was fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    Official Trailer added to OP.
    Has a dark souls esque feel to it.
    Big boss, lots of dodging?

Quote Originally Posted by bbr View Post
    Its a lot like Dark Souls but is a bit clunky. Also has a lot of things different than it as well. If the demo is still on PS4/XB1 try it.

- - - Updated - - -

Fought and killed the Butterfly Boss.

Felt like curing poison was fucken pointless and the damage it ticked for was super high.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

10+ Year Old Account
    Its a lot like Dark Souls but is a bit clunky. Also has a lot of things different than it as well. If the demo is still on PS4/XB1 try it.

- - - Updated - - -

Felt like curing poison was fucken pointless and the damage it ticked for was super high.
    Most of the bosses you just brute force through them with minimum dodging. At least this is how it is in the first walkthrough. I am using two handed greatsword berserk style and it can stagger everything including bosses haha.

Quote Originally Posted by bbr View Post
    Its not darksouls-esque, they straight up reskinned dark souls and changed a few things. Its basically what you get if you took souls and gave it an anime skin and a coherent story with proper cutscenes.

Its honestly more punishing than the souls games too as long as you don't bring the companion. Pretty sure they made the companions just to make the game more accessible as they dramatically lower difficulty.

Why would it be pointless? You either use up all your pots trying to stay alive from the massive amount of damage it does or you take 1 tick and cure it and keep fighting. I tried killing her without any cure and I kept getting close but then I'd take 1 hit that would apply the poison and I'd be out of pots. Finally decided to take a minute to go get the poison cure gift and killed it the next pull.

Quote Originally Posted by Velshin View Post
    Most of the bosses you just brute force through them with minimum dodging. At least this is how it is in the first walkthrough. I am using two handed greatsword berserk style and it can stagger everything including bosses haha.
    Shit not with how I've been building I guess. I stagger bosses once maybe twice a fight.
    ..and so he left, with terrible power in shaking hands.

How is the Game in comparance to Dark Souls?
    Is there enough variety "spec" and weapon wise to make it worth for multiple runs?

This is a huge issue I have with Bloodborne. It is an astounding Game, but if you want to do multiple runs, well good luck with that, the amount of weapons available is depressingly low despite all of them being extremely cool. And this is also why I did not bother picking up Sekiro: No character creation, no different classes and only one weapon.

Also, forgive me if I may ask some (very obvious) questions, considering these type of Games are the ones I want to go in completly blind (aka some info about weapons is no biggie, but seeing ingame areas and scenes and weapons is not something I want to happen, did the mistake with that with BB and with DS, DS1 and 3, wont happen again)

Quote Originally Posted by BuliwyfZRage View Post
    How is the Game in comparance to Dark Souls?
    They basically reskinned souls mechanically with some changes. If you don't bring a companion with you its more punishing than the souls games.

Is there enough variety "spec" and weapon wise to make it worth for multiple runs?
    That's up to you I guess, theres definitely a lot of options to play with different skills etc and mix n match different builds with how everything works. You'd have to look for yourself to see if its "enough" for you.

I'd say this game is more like souls than BB

Quote Originally Posted by Baconeggcheese View Post
    They basically reskinned souls mechanically with some changes. If you don't bring a companion with you its more punishing than the souls games.

That's up to you I guess, theres definitely a lot of options to play with different skills etc and mix n match different builds with how everything works. You'd have to look for yourself to see if its "enough" for you.

I'd say this game is more like souls than BB
    The only thing I watched in that Game was the first part of an Lets Play.

I must admit, I didnt expect this extremely cool blood magic transforming into claws and such.

That reminds me hard of my beloved profile picture.

apparently i ordered this game while drinking one night as it just showed up.. played for a couple of hours, def not normal type of game. Just don't have the time to deal with such hard penalties for death and such. That and I enjoy just running into countless mobs and being OP these days.. Younger me would love this though. oh and stats seem all over the place vs quickly being able to tell when gear is an upgrade and not. I guess I just enjoy simpler games now since i don't have much free time.

(never played a souls game, even MH: world annoys me because you can't just go back and easily one-shot old monsters, and I despise world/mob scaling in MMO's/RPGs)
    Member: Dragon Flight Alpha Club, Member since 7/20/22

Quote Originally Posted by cuafpr View Post
    apparently i ordered this game while drinking one night as it just showed up.. played for a couple of hours, def not normal type of game. Just don't have the time to deal with such hard penalties for death and such. That and I enjoy just running into countless mobs and being OP these days.. Younger me would love this though. oh and stats seem all over the place vs quickly being able to tell when gear is an upgrade and not. I guess I just enjoy simpler games now since i don't have much free time.

(never played a souls game, even MH: world annoys me because you can't just go back and easily one-shot old monsters, and I despise world/mob scaling in MMO's/RPGs)
    The stats are a bit obtuse but its basically just combinations of gear affecting certain scaling. Your blood code is what everything is centered around and then your blood code + weapon determines your weapon damage, your blood code + veil determines your parry and light / dark gift damage, etc etc. Its pretty straightforward on the menus its just a little confusing to realize it at first.

10+ Year Old Account
    The stats are a bit obtuse but its basically just combinations of gear affecting certain scaling. Your blood code is what everything is centered around and then your blood code + weapon determines your weapon damage, your blood code + veil determines your parry and light / dark gift damage, etc etc. Its pretty straightforward on the menus its just a little confusing to realize it at first.
    I don't know why but the menu specially the inventory menu reminded me so much of Nier Automata.

thanks, i'll take a look some more.. i'm trying the berserker blood code now vs the fighter one. So far its a bit better. I suspect a large part is i'm just good / patient enough for these types of games
    Member: Dragon Flight Alpha Club, Member since 7/20/22

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by cuafpr View Post
    thanks, i'll take a look some more.. i'm trying the berserker blood code now vs the fighter one. So far its a bit better. I suspect a large part is i'm just good / patient enough for these types of games
    Yup Berserker is better than fighter for sure if you want a tanky build there will be one you will get very soon.

10+ Year Old Account
    Shit not with how I've been building I guess. I stagger bosses once maybe twice a fight.
    2H swords are extremely powerful in this game. I have a build though for 1H which is basically buff + shotgun spells with a focus on ichor build. It would decimate and stagger bosses constantly due to how much you can spam the skills and how much damage you'd do.

Quote Originally Posted by Remilia View Post
    2H swords are extremely powerful in this game. I have a build though for 1H which is basically buff + shotgun spells with a focus on ichor build. It would decimate and stagger bosses constantly due to how much you can spam the skills and how much damage you'd do.
    Are there Scythes in this Game aswell?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by BuliwyfZRage View Post
    Are there Scythes in this Game aswell?
    Nope.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Remilia View Post
    Nope.
    There is a sickle that looks like scythe but yeah it is close but not a real scythe.

Why would it be pointless? You either use up all your pots trying to stay alive from the massive amount of damage it does or you take 1 tick and cure it and keep fighting. I tried killing her without any cure and I kept getting close but then I'd take 1 hit that would apply the poison and I'd be out of pots. Finally decided to take a minute to go get the poison cure gift and killed it the next pull.
    Cause she can reapply it to you so fast, I reached a point where I just brute force killed her. Only took me around 5 try's total and each one was getting her less than 10% before she killed me.

Game is starting to rub off on me tho, Even more so now that I got a zweihander and I'm murdering everything lol.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Cause she can reapply it to you so fast, I reached a point where I just brute force killed her. Only took me around 5 try's total and each one was getting her less than 10% before she killed me.
    Yup! that is the way for most of the bosses in the first walkthrough!

Sad that not many people are using Multiplayer, Wanted to treat this like Dark Souls and help people kill bosses I've killed..

Its ether that or not many people bought the game or are using it in early game.