Achievements should give titles, mounts, proffesion transmogs

blizzard wants us to like achievements by forcing us to use it for pathfinder but there are better ways of giving achievements value.
    i saw the rfa archaeology looking tmog and that made me wish blizzard would have a tmog for every profession which you unlock by getting profession achievements.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ayk07 View Post
    blizzard wants us to like achievements by forcing us to use it for pathfinder but there are better ways of giving achievements value.
    i saw the rfa archaeology looking tmog and that made me wish blizzard would have a tmog for every profession which you unlock by getting profession achievements.
    Blizzard approach on achievements can be very odd.
    I remember that pet battles give u +5 achievement points while some of them take weeks to finish, while a simple fall damage gives u +10 achievement points.
    Same goes to rewards. I used to be a massive achievement farmer, but they kinda just roled the dice and u gotta be lucky with what they give to u.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shekora View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam the Wiser View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    I mean there are quite a few that do give titles and mounts, as well as pets and toys. unsure if any give xmog as a reward but that would be cool

Quote Originally Posted by Gimlix View Post
    I remember that pet battles give u +5 achievement points while some of them take weeks to finish, while a simple fall damage gives u +10 achievement points.
    Same goes to rewards. I used to be a massive achievement farmer, but they kinda just roled the dice and u gotta be lucky with what they give to u.
    Have we gotten to the point where players now infer achievements are RNG?

Quote Originally Posted by Casperite View Post
    Have we gotten to the point where players now infer achievements are RNG?
    You seem to misinterpret what he's saying. He's implying Blizzard just attached arbitrary rewards to an achievement, akin to rolling a dice on what the achievement gives. AKA the points/rewards don't reflect the difficulty of the achievement.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryzeth View Post
    You seem to misinterpret what he's saying. He's implying Blizzard just attached arbitrary rewards to an achievement, akin to rolling a dice on what the achievement gives. AKA the points/rewards don't reflect the difficulty of the achievement.
    In general, achievements, trophies, etc that are rewarded in games don't really give much in the ways of in-game rewards at all. They exist primarily for bragging rights.
    “The biggest communication problem is we do not listen to understand. We listen to reply,” Stephen Covey.

Quote Originally Posted by Gimlix View Post
    I agree with you on this. I actually think that Blizz's biggest problem is their reward structure and not just the achievements part. The whole thing comes off as incredibly inconsistent and random. That def hits them in the pocket as people wont play if the rewards aren't right.

Ditch achievement points, prune all the filler achievements like using your garrison outhouse, and make the remainder of achievements truly prestigious. There would be far, FAR fewer of them, and the rewards would be commensurate with the difficulty, timesink required, etc.

I'm also of the more "extreme" mindset of locking expansion-specific achievements once the expansion ends; getting Firefighter in 2019 means nothing vs getting it in 2009. Without points, it wouldn't be something anyone would miss, and the unique rewards would be the carrot.

(Note: I'm not an elitist raider or even an achievement hunter; this just seems the better approach to make them mean something).

I'd definitely be all in for Blizz loosening up on the a little on the amount of effort it takes to reward transmogs and mounts, though I don't expect something for nothing, I still would like it as a reward, though I'd also like for gold bought mounts to cost less, seriously guys I main an engineer, I'm basically in on and off virtual poverty
    Last edited by Psykho; 2019-10-06 at 05:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    I am sure you can nitpick this to death...but would we all be happier if the Naz and Mechagon Meta not only rewarded a mount, but also 100 points? Considering how (IMHO) shit it is to get one of the drakes from Deathwing, should the Meta for collecting drake mounts reward more points? How about mythic kills? How about any RNG achievement. Is it difficult?

How about achievements that are really hard to figure out? Well...really hard as long as you are working your ass off on the Discord channel...then it gets on youtube and wowhead, and every schmuck can do in an hour what you and 100 others achieved in days?

They might have rolled a dice on things...but mostly I think the mounts, pets and toys are where they should be. Who in their right mind bitches that a "fall 60 feet" achievement gives the same amount of points as buying a 22 slot bag from Pilton Harris or reaching the profession cap in a given x-pac.

I guess the next thing is "there are too many achievements in the game"

- - - Updated - - -

Sooo...another notch on the ever growing totem pole of "Why WoW is dead"? Titanforging killed it as much as getting the "wrong" number of achievement points?

This forum still never ceases to amaze me.
    I don't think WOW is dead nor do I think its dying (and I never said either of those if you actually bothered to read the post you reply to). I actually play all the time and enjoy it. The reward system needs a major fix/ rework though. Just think of how much content is in this game that basically no one (or a really small percentage) of players ever plays. That's because it is not properly incentivized with rewards.

I like the titan forge system and actually think they should expand it somehow.

I am capable of liking something and seeing the flaws in it.

I am sure you can nitpick this to death...but would we all be happier if the Naz and Mechagon Meta not only rewarded a mount, but also 100 points? Considering how (IMHO) shit it is to get one of the drakes from Deathwing, should the Meta for collecting drake mounts reward more points? How about mythic kills? How about any RNG achievement. Is it difficult?
    Me, I couldn't care less. I was simply correcting the guy who tried to completely misinterpret what the OP was talking about. There's people out there who do achievement farm, though, who probably do care. No need to be overly aggressive, fam.

Quote Originally Posted by Evil Midnight Bomber View Post
    In general, achievements, trophies, etc that are rewarded in games don't really give much in the ways of in-game rewards at all. They exist primarily for bragging rights.
    Sure. In general. That's not the case with WoW, though, where they've actually added rewards to them. Arbitrarily.

Sure. In general. That's not the case with WoW, though, where they've actually added rewards to them. Arbitrarily.
    Which means you should just be thankful you're getting anything at all.

Also, what you might see as "arbitrarily" is not always the case.
    “The biggest communication problem is we do not listen to understand. We listen to reply,” Stephen Covey.

Quote Originally Posted by Evil Midnight Bomber View Post
    Which means you should just be thankful you're getting anything at all.

Also, what you might see as "arbitrarily" is not always the case.
    Yes, you're not allowed to criticise something if it's free. What astounding logic you have. If someone gave me a chocolate cake that has salt poured in the mixture, I would say it was a shit cake.

Your second point agrees with what has already been said. Considering nobody said it was always the case.

Yes, you're not allowed to criticise something if it's free. What astounding logic you have. If someone gave me a chocolate cake that has salt poured in the mixture, I would say it was a shit cake.

Your second point agrees with what has already been said. Considering nobody said it was always the case.
    There's an old saying regarding looking a gift horse in the mouth.

Sorry, i don't even know what "fam" means....family comes to mind, but that makes no sense.
    Essentially, "fam" can be used in any circumstance "bro" would be used.

Pathfinder is a TIMEGATE, since you have to wait for the patch to enable the final part of it, the solution to bind it to a trackable achievement makes sense.
    -

15+ Year Old Account
    Achievements should give game time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gumboy View Post
    I'm not sure if you guys have noticed but sometimes I say things that are kind of dumb
    Quote Originally Posted by draynay View Post
    I just like reading about the "vigorous rubbing" that might affect ball inflation.

Quote Originally Posted by ProphetFlume View Post
    Achievements should give game time.
    Well...they do give game time played

But achievements already give mounts, titles, titles for professions (archeology for example). What more do you need? Profession transmog would be fun, as a alchemist i would like to have rather a kind of housing Alchemy, instead of transmogs, i love that damn fantasy of making flasks visually rather than just creating them with my hands magically purely from the book. Wanted to have a damn laboratory, with empty flasks, seeing the flasks gaining color by being "cooked".

I already gave this suggestion to blizzard.

Imagine even enginnerings having a fantasy enginer room for their own.

Inscription using their runes and loads of books

When you created something new on your private room from a profession, and when you reached a new max level on that profession you would get maybe a transmog that would give you the insight that you have evolved. Or as a alchemist i would like to have alchemy googles that would instantly mog everytime i entered to my Alchemy laboratory. And Earn the achievement title for every kind of alchemy you perform:

Raids/Dungeon flasks - Fighting Master Alchemist
    Healing - Great Lifebloom Alchemist

And so on. I also miss silly things from Alchemists for their to produce, like:
    -Potion of luck (that was in pandaria and got removed, should be brought back) for all expansions and future expansions to come. Liike overall if you're feeling unlucky on a shitty day, use the potion to feel you're might get something out of it. Like idk, picking herbs, you get extra. I don't even know tbh but luck is something always appealing. i want that thing.
    -Potion of Love - Purely 'cosmetic', just like making a buff on someone saying they like you or some sort of shit.
    -Potion of Rage - You would be red all and big for 1hour, as if you were enraged. As well only cosmetic, otherwise it would be kind of OP.
    Just like if it was a toy but instead is a potion.

I just want professions to be great and feeling you're using them for your fantasy and not just for raids and dungeons and gear. I like silly stuff too.
    Last edited by Shakana; 2019-10-07 at 05:55 AM.

I wish more rewards such as titles, mounts, appearance transmogs were tied behind achievements.