Stay mad, BfA wiener

B-b-but they said Classic would be dead by now!

I'm on a random non-streamer EU realm and I'm in a 20 min queue.

Retailers completely and eternally BTFO!

Quote Originally Posted by WowClassic View Post

I'm on a random non-streamer EU realm and I'm in a 20 min queue!

Can you stop your trolling plz?

Quote Originally Posted by Caliph View Post
    it takes 18 mins to run from place to place. to spout non sense. If it was rag in 18 mins then fine. but don't make stuff up
    Dont make anything up. Youtube it. Progress MC 18 minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by Azerate View Post
    1. Classic raids are very hard.[/B]
    I'm pretty sure nobody has ever thought this. MC and Onyxia were and are super easy mechanically. BWL will introduce at least some actual mechanics, AQ and Naxx more so. But still they are NOTHING compared to retail Mythic raids.

2. Old talent trees are better than the current ones
    They are, in a sense. More flexibility etc. so I can see the appeal to some people. Personally though, I do think the old talent trees are not better at all. People just use more points for same cookie cutter builds.

3. It’s about the journey, not the race to 60
    For me, it is. I know a lot of people who think the same way. 1-60 journey is actually fun and interesting. Too bad a lot of people (Read: Almost everyone who is already 60) basically skipped the journey by cleave dungeon farming their way up. Each to their own, but I just don't understand why skip most of the Classic content like that since there is absolutely no real point to farm the raids ASAP.

4. Classic incentivizes player interaction, so everyone will suddenly become sociable and make friends
    Most of the time this is true. Classic is a lot more social experience than retail. Sadly there are also bunch of dicks and all sorts of people there. Ninjalooting is back. All kind of waste of time bullshit like people just leaving group when dungeon starts, forcing others to spend 30 minutes to find tank replacement etc. is also back, when in retail you can just click a button to find almost instant replacement.

5. Getting into a dungeon group won't be a problem because there's no ilvl, r.io, achievements and armory.
    It's true, you're just bullshitting. I haven't seen, heard or experienced a single case where someone got rejected from a dungeon group based on gear. Now raids are a different thing.

6. Class quests, the holy grail of class fantasy
    I've actually enjoyed Warlock quests. Made me feel more like... Warlock. I wouldn't mind seeing more of that in the next expansion. Antiquated game design for antiquated people I guess.

7. Classic is a great game for casuals, much better than modern WoW

When did someone claim something like that? Even a child knows retail WoW is the most casual friendly WoW has ever been. I don't remember anyone ever saying that Classic would be better for casuals. In Classic everything is a time sink. If you logout in Orgrimmar, it can easily take you 15 minutes after next login before you are back to questing. That's not casual friendly if you have to spend 1/4 of your game time traveling to get back to questing. Hell, finding a dungeon group and traveling to a dungeon takes sometimes more time than many casuals have during on game session. Saying Classic is in any way casual friendly is just dumb.

- - - Updated - - -

On my server queues have gone from 20K during prime time to 1K. That does say something, no matter how hard you want to disagree. They went down about 20K -> 10K when those massive server "optimisations" hit while ago, but after that it's just loss of players. In a few weeks queues will probably be completely gone, which will be nice for us still playing.

I remember saying something like there will be massive influx of players during the first month, after which it will start to quiet down. Seems about right.
    Last edited by Jurwi; 2019-10-07 at 07:54 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    1. Classic raids are very hard.
    Whoever thought/said classic raids would be harder than current day mythic raiding was obviously wrong. Current raids are still the best aspect of the game.
    2. Old talent trees are better than the current ones
    In my opinion, they are. I like that there's subtle differences in builds and it at least feels like I have more viable options.
    3. It’s about the journey, not the race to 60
    For me it is, I just dinged 45 yesterday evening, and while 35-42 was kinda annoying (fuck stv), I'm looking forward to the next 15 levels. Do I want to get to 60? yes, of course, but the leveling is fun as well, zones have actual worldbuilding, not just pop culture references.
    4. Classic incentivizes player interaction, so everyone will suddenly become sociable and make friends
    I strongly disagree that this was a busted myth. I've had so much more social interaction in classic than on retail since forever. I've met new people, added more people to my friend's list than in the past 10 years, and not just guildies. There's people chatting in dungeons, and not just the usual "hi","bye".
    5. Getting into a dungeon group won't be a problem because there's no ilvl, r.io, achievements and armory.
    I haven't seen 60 dungeons yet so can't say anything about that, but I haven't noticed a problem with this for "non-meta" classes. I play a priest, though, so I might have confirmation bias.
    6. Class quests, the holy grail of class fantasy
    Don't really have a strong opinion on this. I feel like there is little class fantasy so far. At least for me as a priest.
    7. Classic is a great game for casuals, much better than modern WoW
    I play very casually, I enjoy it so far, much more than retail. Again, personal opinion. I haven't felt this excited about WoW since Wrath.
    Monk, I need a monk!!!

Quote Originally Posted by shuubu View Post
    Wish people would just let the vanilla crowd be. All the flaws and erronous conceptions of classic are well known, but some people still like it nonetheless. Just let them be.
    Not sure if you're referring to the thread itself, or the other posters, but I myself have nothing against "vanilla crowd". The main issue I have is with some clearly untrue statements we've been hearing about Classic. That's why I decided to make a list of these myths.

Cool story bro. There's like one layer per realm now and they are usually on low population.

Cool story bro. There's like one layer per realm now and they are usually on low population.
    Cool story bro.
    There is a SINGLE realm in the ENTIRE EU which is "low" in pop. Guess you should spend more time checking your glasses and less trolling.

Fun fact : I'm wasting time on these polluted cesspools of forums because the overpopulation is so bad I'm waiting for groups to finish their quests in the zone I'm in so I can play in peace. I wish the "Classic is failing" was a bit truer, in fact. I've been promised empty dead realms for "a week after the beginning, when people see how shit the game is", then "one month after the beginning, when people won't renew their subscription", I'm still waiting.
    Last edited by Akka; 2019-10-26 at 05:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Demolished View Post
    Why do people make posts like this, if you don't like the game don't play it, stop trying to convince us not to play it. Especially when your information seems to be coming from streamers not the average.
    Where in his post did he tell you not to play it? Oh right, he didn't. All he did was list pro-classic players claims that can be proven false. You are getting way over defensive.

Quote Originally Posted by Akka View Post
    Cool story bro.
    There is a SINGLE realm in the ENTIRE EU which is "low" in pop. Guess you should spend more time checking your glasses and less trolling.

Fun fact : I'm wasting time on these polluted cesspools of forums because the overpopulation is so bad I'm waiting for groups to finish their quests in the zone I'm in so I can play in peace. I wish the "Classic is failing" was a bit truer, in fact. I've been promised empty dead realms for "a week after the beginning, when people see how shit the game is", then "one month after the beginning, when people won't renew their subscription", I'm still waiting.
    It's like you think we don't play classic, and don't know what an absolute load of rubbish you are spewing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hauzhi View Post
    True story.

None of my friends from vanilla is playing classic.
    We all had 20+ years old at the time.

Younger players werent hardcore enough or just too young to play efficiently.

Most streamers playing classic were noob players at the time if they even played it.
    Unless their parents were irresponsible.

Still they talk if they know anything about it. With stuff handed to them, reserving loot and etcs.

There is nothing nostalgic in classic for me neither for anyone that played hardcore at the time.
    Yup, I have no interest in it because I remember what it was like and it wasn't that great. Everything was a time sink and not much challenge to it despite how much the fans will claim it's "hard". Talent trees where it was cookie cutter or bust weren't as exciting and interesting as people would make them out to be, sure the current trees aren't exactly exciting but at least you don't need to waste points just to be powerful.

It mainly just gets annoying how the Classic crowd has to trash retail, pretend like Classic is superior, then proclaim some kind of victory a month in when it's to early to tell the long term effects.

Quote Originally Posted by arkanon View Post
    It's like you think we don't play classic, and don't know what an absolute load of rubbish you are spewing.
    Let's see some fact, how is it right now ?

So yeah, hard facts vs the shitposting of the same usual trolls that have tried to claim that Classic is garbage for months ?
    I'll side with facts, thanks !

So yeah, hard facts vs the shitposting of the same usual trolls that have tried to claim that Classic is garbage for months ?
    Sure, please share some facts.

That just proves that lots of ppl have bad taste in video games xD

Quote Originally Posted by Specialka View Post
    That just proves that lots of ppl have bad taste in video games xD
    Wow what a solid and well thought out argument...

Biggest myth that has fallen apart: "Endgame is great in classic". 2 months later, cleared everything, have bis gear and am back to playing retail. Only thing good about classic was making me appreciate retail a lot more

Quote Originally Posted by Dergiab View Post
    Wow what a solid and well thought out argument...
    And yours is so top tier.

5+ Year Old Account
    2. Old talent trees are much much better but this is lite version of them. Compare it to Wotlk where u have really intresting talents
    1. NOONE said that vanilla raids were hard. They were hard because we didnt knew the game back then.
    Its YOUR OPINION, not myths that have fallen apart...

Quote Originally Posted by Daenter View Post
    Biggest myth that has fallen apart: "Endgame is great in classic". 2 months later, cleared everything, have bis gear and am back to playing retail. Only thing good about classic was making me appreciate retail a lot more
    Its MC..what do you expect?

Theres very little coordination needed to clear it easily, and most, if not all the mechanics in the raid are extremely simple. All the mechanics weve seen since MC, were in large part built off (or we see, different/more difficult versions of similar mechanics in raids afteR) those simple ones. As long as your raid follows the mechanics, its not hard and was never hard. Its obviously a lot easier now because the game is far better understood, and a lot of people have spent years and years raiding with more complex and more difficult mechanics.

It doesnt mean that endgame isnt good, ultimately it just comes down to your subjective taste. Theres tons of really good players who have raided throughough the past expansions at a fairly high level and yet still enjoy classic more. Like are people forgetting...this was GOING to happen if you played a lot at the start, the content isnt difficult it just takes time. Theres still things you can do outside of go clear MC, but if your only interest is raiding completely then sure you may be bored as of right now but the game will only pick up and become even better as more content gets released, specifically PvP.

Plenty of people will still struggle with BWL and AQ and Naxx anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Hastis View Post
    2. Old talent trees are much much better but this is lite version of them. Compare it to Wotlk where u have really intresting talents
    1. NOONE said that vanilla raids were hard. They were hard because we didnt knew the game back then.
    Its YOUR OPINION, not myths that have fallen apart...
    You should not use the word "NOONE" as some ppl had that claims that vanilla raid were harder than current MM raids, even on these boards.