New build - photo editing, light video et very light gaming pc

Hi!
    I am looking into building a new pc for my wife member, who is a photographer and does light video editing, and a tiny bit of gaming on the side.
    Budget: 2000-3000
    Resolution : 4K
    Games / Settings Desired: some very casual wow. no pvp, the occasional raid finder.
    Any other intensive software or special things you do : A lot of photoshop, lightroom, indesign. More casually premiere and after effects.
    Parts that can be reused: Keyboard and mouse. other than that she's using a 7 year old imac.
    Do you need an OS? windows 10
    Do you need peripherals (e.g. monitor, mouse, keyboard, speakers, etc)?A 4k color accurate adobe rgb monitor. I had a Viewsonic VP2785-4K in mind.

I'm no expert on any of these applications, one or two ssd would be nice as raw pictures tend to be memory hogs and all those applications duplicate files for their own libraries. At least for work in progress. If the case could factor in space for a bunch of HDD expansion it would be nice too. We have a NAS for storage but it's convenient to keep some stuff on the pc too.

The budget is not fixed. The HDD should not be included in this budget, and I understand monitors can cover a huge price range. If it doesn't have to cost an arm it's great, but it's meant to be a photographers workhorse for the foreseeable future.

Thanks for the help!

10+ Year Old Account
    Images don't really take up a lot of space.. Like, at all. We're talking ~100 good high-resolution RAWs per gigabyte (And a couple thousand standard .jpg files), and with the size of most modern SSDs, you don't really need an HDD just for that. Buut, with this budget, sure, why not.

PCPartPicker Part List: https://de.pcpartpicker.com/list/wjPdCL

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700X 3.6 GHz 8-Core Processor
    Motherboard: Asus TUF GAMING X570-PLUS ATX AM4 Motherboard (€209.41 @ Amazon Deutschland)
    Memory: Crucial Ballistix Sport LT 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR4-3200 Memory (€155.99 @ Amazon Deutschland)
    Storage: Intel 660p Series 1.02 TB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive (€115.59 @ Amazon Deutschland)
    Storage: Seagate IronWolf 12 TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive (€444.92 @ Amazon Deutschland)
    Video Card: Sapphire Radeon RX 5700 XT 8 GB PULSE Video Card (€439.00 @ Amazon Deutschland)
    Case: NZXT H510 ATX Mid Tower Case (€79.90 @ Amazon Deutschland)
    Power Supply: Corsair HX Platinum 750 W 80+ Platinum Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply (€145.90 @ Amazon Deutschland)
    Monitor: LG 27UD88-W 27.0" 3840x2160 60 Hz Monitor (€474.00 @ Amazon Deutschland)
    Total: €2064.71
    Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
    Generated by PCPartPicker 2019-10-06 09:29 CEST+0200

CPU: Lots of cores for lots of cheap. Could upgrade to 3900x, but Adobe doesn't really scale super well with cores, so a 3700x is a decent CPU.
    RAM: Picture/video editing requires RAM, so 32gb. If you find out you need more, you can easily add another set of the same RAM to get 64
    Storage: 1tb of SSD, and 12tb of HDD.. Just replace the HDD with whatever you want really
    GPU: If you want to play anything modern and AAA-ish at 4k, you need a 2070 super or above. I went with a 5700xt because it's a fair bit cheaper than the 2070 super, and performs almost as well, and since you said only WoW, it'll do just fine for the use case. That said, if you plan on updating to do Adobe video editing more than just very casually, you'd want to buy an Nvidia GPU, either the 2060 super or 2070 super if you want price parity or performance parity respectively.
    Case: Whatever, the H500 was the default pick for a long time, it's been updated to the 510. Pick something you thing looks nice
    Monitor: Couldn't find the one you said you wanted, but I also didn't look super hard, so whatever. It's 100% sRGB compliant, 4k, and has decent input lag. I'm not really that up to date on 4k monitors, so probably better to defer to someone else.
    I also didn't include speakers/headphones, because.. Well, I'm an audiophile who only likes headphones. My audio setup alone is worth more than a lot of people's PCs at this point, and I don't keep up with the lower-end spectrum or speakers, so again, better to defer to someone else.

You also said you didn't live in Germany, but that Amazon.de was acceptable, so I tried to find things that were for sale on Amazon. This has resulted in overspending on the PSU (There are gold PSUs for ~100 euro, but none that I'd recommend on Amazon), and buying another MOBO than I'd like (I'd prefer the Gigabyte Aorus Elite, but they're around the same price and roughly equally good).
    Amazon just doesn't have any Ryzen CPUs in stock at all, so you'll have to look around nearby electronics stores if you want one.
    It's worth noting that the 3800x is just a better binned 3700x and is not worth the price premium, so either go all the way to the 3900x or stay at the 3700x

The Total price doesn't include the CPU, which is ~330 euro for the 3700x and ~540 euro for the 3900x, so within the 3k budget, and around 2k without the monitor

10+ Year Old Account
    PCPartPicker Part List

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700X 3.6 GHz 8-Core Processor (€329.90 @ Caseking)
    Motherboard: Asus TUF GAMING X570-PLUS ATX AM4 Motherboard (€209.41 @ Amazon Deutschland)
    Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws V Series 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR4-3200 Memory (€144.90 @ Amazon Deutschland)
    Storage: Sabrent Rocket 1 TB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive (€119.95 @ Amazon Deutschland)
    Video Card: Zotac GeForce GTX 1660 6 GB GAMING Video Card (€227.00 @ Amazon Deutschland)
    Case: Nanoxia Deep Silence 3 ATX Mid Tower Case (€77.02 @ Amazon Deutschland)
    Power Supply: Corsair RMx (2018) 650 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply (€94.99 @ Amazon Deutschland)
    Monitor: ViewSonic VP2785-4K 27.0" 3840x2160 60 Hz Monitor (€899.00 @ Amazon Deutschland)
    Total: €2102.17
    Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
    Generated by PCPartPicker 2019-10-06 21:20 CEST+0200

This is not gaming focused just to be clear but it will handle WoW just fine. Add another ~100 - 150€ for Windows 10 Home if you can't get a student license or anything like that, win 10 Pro shouldn't be needed for the work that you specified. Grab a larger SSD if needed. You said HDD's weren't to be included in the budget so I didn't add any.

Temp name's build would be better for gaming, but I wouldn't go with an Intel 660p for mostly workstation usage since working with lots of large images and videos would probably fill the cache quite quickly at which point the SSD slows to a crawl. I also don't think a LG 27UD88-W is quite good enough for color-critical photography work.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shakadam View Post
    Temp name's build would be better for gaming, but I wouldn't go with an Intel 660p for mostly workstation usage since working with lots of large images and videos would probably fill the cache quite quickly at which point the SSD slows to a crawl.
    It depends how many layers and how many different clips that would be in use, but it should be good enough
    I also don't think a LG 27UD88-W is quite good enough for color-critical photography work.
    Probably right, I don't really know.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Temp name View Post
    It depends how many layers and how many different clips that would be in use, but it should be good enough
    Yeah maybe, I don't honestly really know how much data writing and reading is being done when working in photoshop, I just assume it's not a negligible amount. I know that video editing at least uses lots of data. Performance consistency over time is really the big achilles heel of QLC drives like the 660p and in a scenario where there's lots of writes done to the drive over a long period of time (which to me kinda sounds like what would happen if you work for hours in photoshop) it won't ever have the idle time it needs to clear the cache.
    Idk maybe I'm totally wrong, but the price difference to a decent TLC drive is small enough that I wouldn't chance it.

Yeah maybe, I don't honestly really know how much data writing and reading is being done when working in photoshop, I just assume it's not a negligible amount. I know that video editing at least uses lots of data. Performance consistency over time is really the big achilles heel of QLC drives like the 660p and in a scenario where there's lots of writes done to the drive over a long period of time (which to me kinda sounds like what would happen if you work for hours in photoshop) it won't ever have the idle time it needs to clear the cache.
    Idk maybe I'm totally wrong, but the price difference to a decent TLC drive is small enough that I wouldn't chance it.
    Most images in Photoshop can be loaded entirely into RAM. They wouldnt be writing to and from the drive much at all. Even giant RAW images are GBs in size, and easily fit into RAM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Photoshop mostly loads into RAM because.. Why not. Pictures are quite small, relatively anyway. As for video editing.. It's possible. I'm running a 970 so am unsure how a qlc drive would be affected, but op said it was very casual use.

Thank you all for taking the time to look into this and for the good advice.
    Looks like everyone mostly agrees. I guess erring on the safe side for the ssd won't hurt much.
    The gaming an video editing part are very casual, so I something like a 1660 should be just fine.

For the monitor the BenQ SW2700PT Pro seems to be pretty good value at the moment (675eur) and hold its weight against the ViewSonic VP2785?

Thanks again!