Page 1 of 8
... LastLast

Is Phase 2 too early? Too late?

So as has been elaborated on the MMO-C front-page, the second phase of classic will begin before the end of 2019.

How do you feel about that in terms of pacing? Is it too fast for people who still aren't 60? Too slow for those who have already arrived? (and presumably are bored with MC).

I wonder how it bodes for future phases... We could be at phase 4 by this time next year...

(Tried to post a poll but couldn't?)

10+ Year Old Account
    I dont think people who are leveling now, will miss out on anything. They'll be given immediate access to Dire Maul, which has some very good gear to help them get situated.
    I feel bad for those on PvP servers that will be the victim of farming groups though.

I don't personally play, but my friend who does says its way too late. At this point he is really bored, he just raids for 2 hours a week and then logs off and thats it, he is full pre-raid BiS. Even then you don't really need dungeon bis to clear raids.

He is also worried that Phase 2 has almost no content, he thinks P3 needs to be a month after P2 or something because the game really needs BGs, and also more than a month of people camping flight path for PVP ranks will make a lot of people quit.

Quote Originally Posted by Netherblood View Post
    I don't personally play, but my friend who does says its way too late. At this point he is really bored, he just raids for 2 hours a week and then logs off and thats it, he is full pre-raid BiS. Even then you don't really need dungeon bis to clear raids.

He is also worried that Phase 2 has almost no content, he thinks P3 needs to be a month after P2 or something because the game really needs BGs, and also more than a month of people camping flight path for PVP ranks will make a lot of people quit.
    You have a very detailed view on a game you dont play from this friend of yours it seems :P

classic has been out for what.... 2 months? if hes already bored of it, it sounds like classic isnt for him, considering the released patch had far more than initial wow release did.

Phase 2 probably too slow in coming. But it is nice to be able to get pvp pre bis and build a bank before honor is put in the game if you're a pvper. Allows people with jobs to level and get things done and only take off work when there is honor in the game. Allowing more players to participate. P server timelines were too fast they forced too many people out of the early pvp

I imagine p2 will be short because Wpvp basically stops all leveling outside instance from 49-60 because you're worth honor to 60s. And the metrics on the servers will start to go bad fast without new blood hitting 60. Blizz will presumably not like this but who knows maybe they don't care and p2 will last 4 months or more.

There are 6 phases over span of 2 years it means a phase every 4 month

Game released on August 27 so phase 2 releasing around Christmas is not unreasonable, its exactly on schedule actually

Quote Originally Posted by Appelgren View Post
    You have a very detailed view on a game you dont play from this friend of yours it seems :P
    We raid in same Retail guild and talk a lot.

its just right. this isnt bfa where patch makes everything before useless so why the concern? in the end mc/ony is still the to go raids.

and for pvp system who cares there will always be people lvling. everyone signed up for pvp server voluntary

Quote Originally Posted by Enclave View Post

Game released on August 27 so phase 2 releasing around Christmas is not unreasonable, its exactly on schedule actually
    Sure. But once a phase is out, we can’t go back.

Unless tbc happens (which kind of defeats the point of classic to some degree), that will mean that previous phase of the game will never be experienced again.

i think your friend should find a job?

simple math shows that he already spent 3-4h every single day since release for lvling alone.

Quote Originally Posted by Mukind View Post
    Phase 2 probably too slow in coming. But it is nice to be able to get pvp pre bis and build a bank before honor is put in the game if you're a pvper. Allows people with jobs to level and get things done and only take off work when there is honor in the game. Allowing more players to participate. P server timelines were too fast they forced too many people out of the early pvp

I imagine p2 will be short because Wpvp basically stops all leveling outside instance from 49-60 because you're worth honor to 60s. And the metrics on the servers will start to go bad fast without new blood hitting 60. Blizz will presumably not like this but who knows maybe they don't care and p2 will last 4 months or more.
    Wrong wpvp doesn't stop levelling from 49 to 60 outside instances. Millions of people have levelled from 49 to 60 when people were worth honor. P2 will last however long it takes the majority of people to finish content. What this content is is different per player but there is absolutely no need to rush content out in classic.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nizah View Post
    why so mad bro

Quote Originally Posted by munkeyinorbit View Post
    Wrong wpvp doesn't stop levelling from 49 to 60 outside instances. Millions of people have levelled from 49 to 60 when people were worth honor. P2 will last however long it takes the majority of people to finish content. What this content is is different per player but there is absolutely no need to rush content out in classic.
    yea buddy not in 2019 lol

how many times do you have to be told we have a much better example of what will happen, p servers...lol

I'd say its right on time. Its not like you'll be missing out on that much stuff, the raids in Classic won't get obsolete so quick like in retail. If phases go by at a solid pace then the quicker we might get to TBC or a possible Classic+

10+ Year Old Account
    People are already bored of mc and ony, so no.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

Far too late for me. I already feel like im out of things to do short of leveling alts which i really dont want to do. I feel like phase 2 should have been in at launch.

Feels like perfect timing. I really don’t have sympathy for people who rushed to 60 and are now bored and saying it’s too late. DM will be a nice addition and I’ll have finished leveling before it becomes honor farm hell. I think P3 probably comes in a bit faster than 2, so that will help too.

Quote Originally Posted by Enclave View Post

And after that, TBC Classic!

5+ Year Old Account
    Way too late.

It should have been in the game right from the start. Right now at lvl 60, you clear the two avaiable raids in 2 hours if you're remotely competent. Then you go back to jumping over the gap in Ironforge until you log out.

If they don't get new content out fast, this game will die within 2 more months. Phase 2 doesn't even add much relevant content. A dungeon with 1 or 2 interesting pieces of loot for a raid where bosses live 1 minute already anyway. And the honor system? That'll be fun for a couple of days, before you realize world pvp is a miserable, laggy experience devoid of individual skill. Without battlegrounds there is no fun pvp.

In my opinion Blizzard is killing the game by boring us with the laughable two raids avaiable right now. I should be able to progress further, not be hindered by silly time gating in a 15 year old game.

Private servers were more fun than this and that shouldn't be the case, lol.
    Last edited by enigma77; 2019-10-06 at 09:21 PM.

Considering how piss easy phase 1s current endgame is, I see no reason why the game couldn't launch in P2 already.
    Like, yea, fucking Dire Maul gear would've made MC and Ony such a joke, right?

Really looking forward to like 5 more months of... MC and Ony... and pretty much nothing else... since there's just absolutely nothing else to do like 5 hours after reaching 60...
    But I guess everyone is just happily leveling their 10th character... because that seems to be the only thing people cared for... the path to cap and not the actual cap... because the actual cap is gonna be absolutely fucking boring until like P4/P5.