10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by xskarma View Post
    Interesting weekend so far. Kinda sad I was watching Patriots cause a lot of the other games sounded interesting. Games on right now too. Packers annihilating the Cowboys defense so far.
    You're a fan of a boring team, who knew.
    /s

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by draynay View Post
    What a difference good pass protection makes, the Saints basically ran their normal offense and Bridgewater was flawless. Winston was sacked six times and Evans was completely shut down. Teams have been picking up some garbage-time yards on the Saints but the defense does a great job again.
    I hate the saints but it's nice to see Bridgewater succeed. I never felt he got the appreciation he deserved.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gumboy View Post
    I'm not sure if you guys have noticed but sometimes I say things that are kind of dumb
    I just like reading about the "vigorous rubbing" that might affect ball inflation.

Yeah, because winning Super Bowls all the time is so boring

I guess it is more exciting wondering how your team is gonna find a way to lose in the playoffs and who they will blame it on. The suspense!

10+ Year Old Account
    I dare anyone to play against Washington and have an interesting game. Opposing QB was Colt McCoy, who had 4 practices with his team this year, including off season. The game was just waiting for the Patriots offense to get it's shit together and put the game away instead of letting Washington hang around after a bad first half.

But you get to share in my joy cause it's Patriots vs Giants next Thursday. Your favourite type of games, Patriots and NFC East, together, in Prime Time.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I think if the Packers keep this up today we can put to bed all this talk of "oh they only got to 3-0 because they played bad teams and then lost to an average Eagles team."

It's time to call them what they are. Legit contenders in a watered down NFC thanks to the Brees injury.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Denver up 17-0, right in time for a Flacco pick. I've seen this before.

Or not, Rivers with a pick in the end zone because he felt bad.
    Last edited by Grube; 2019-10-06 at 10:16 PM.

The NFC East should be taken out back and put out of its misery. I expect to win all four of our games against them this year, and that's against the Super Bowl winner from two years ago, and @ Dallas, who seems to always have high expectations every year and under perform....every year. They should have fired Jason Garrett at least 3 seasons ago.

Meanwhile, the Bills won 14-7 after the Titans kicker missed 4 FGs (0/4 on the day), and the Titans had two TDs called back on penalties. Josh Allen looking positively Blake Bortles-esque yet no one sees it, 23/32 220 or so yards, 2 TDs 1 horrific INT. Better than his 3 pick game last week, I guess. First time he's been over 70% completion in his career, so that's a positive. I still worry about his pre-snap reads and his progressions. He checked down a bit this week, so that's good. He only ever seems to get to the second read when he has 3+ seconds of a clean pocket, which is....not good. I wish someone kept track of that stat.

We got banged up on defense, luckily our bye is next week so hopefully we can get everyone up to full health. Both our starting center and right tackle left (our other RT was inactive due to injury), and by the end of the game our starting WIL LB and our starting left DE were out as well. Even our starting safety got knocked out for a bit and had to fight the medical staff to come onto the field the next series.

Quote Originally Posted by eschatological View Post
    The NFC East should be taken out back and put out of its misery. I expect to win all four of our games against them this year, and that's against the Super Bowl winner from two years ago, and @ Dallas, who seems to always have high expectations every year and under perform....every year. They should have fired Jason Garrett at least 3 seasons ago.
    Unless Cowboys win NFC title, this is it for Jason. He definitely should have been fired seasons ago. Im not a tremendous fan of Dak or Zeke but the Cowboys have the team to do it, they just need a coach and not a clapper

10+ Year Old Account
    I was gonna watch the end of the Chargers game, but if its a 2 score game late there is no point sticking around when onside kicks are impossible.
    /s

15+ Year Old Account
    That int in the endzone was over Cobb =l. Bittersweet.

edit: wait that turnover was undone, too? The fuck is going on today. Take me back to bittersweet.
    Last edited by ProphetFlume; 2019-10-06 at 11:27 PM.
    I'm not sure if you guys have noticed but sometimes I say things that are kind of dumb
    I just like reading about the "vigorous rubbing" that might affect ball inflation.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by xskarma View Post
    I dare anyone to play against Washington and have an interesting game. Opposing QB was Colt McCoy, who had 4 practices with his team this year, including off season. The game was just waiting for the Patriots offense to get it's shit together and put the game away instead of letting Washington hang around after a bad first half.

But you get to share in my joy cause it's Patriots vs Giants next Thursday. Your favourite type of games, Patriots and NFC East, together, in Prime Time.
    Well I didn't watch this Patriots game and I won't watch that one, so I won't have to come here and complain about my poor choices and boredom.
    /s

10+ Year Old Account
    Dallas is just playing 4d chess. Losing badly so they can't be disappointed by a last minute Aaron Rodgers drive.

15+ Year Old Account
    The officiating in this game makes football hard to watch.

10+ Year Old Account
    Another game that ended as soon as it expanded to two scores. Wish we had decent onside kick rules.
    /s

The 4th and 15 instead of a kick needs to happen, I agree.

Although maybe limit to the 4th quarter or something, cause I feel like the conversion rate on 4th and 15 might be higher than recovering a(n old) onsides kick.

And Chiefs fall from the ranks of the undefeated, leaving only the 49ers who play tomorrow, and the Patriots. New England is obviously really damn good, but to be frank, they've had just about as cupcake a schedule as you could get so far.
    "We must make our choice. We may have democracy, or we may have wealth concentrated in the hands of a few, but we can't have both."
    -Louis Brandeis

If the Browns win 2 of their next 3 I'll change my avatar.
    49ers, Seahawks, Patriots.
    And 2 of those are away.

10+ Year Old Account
    Honey badger had a game, Mahomes mostly doing Mahomes things. But no run game, a lot of problems pass blocking, and no run defense. Hope Mahomes is healthy, he was limping again.

10+ Year Old Account
    Redskins fire Gruden.

Speaking of Grudens I've a long ass post to write later but the TL: DR, Oakland won the Mack trade, and they still have a 1st left to spend.
    Ex-Mod. Technically retired, they just won't let me quit.

Quote Originally Posted by Gestopft View Post
    And Chiefs fall from the ranks of the undefeated, leaving only the 49ers who play tomorrow, and the Patriots. New England is obviously really damn good, but to be frank, they've had just about as cupcake a schedule as you could get so far.
    This is a million percent true re: the Patriots schedule so far.... although BUF on the road is looking like a good win even if it was messy.