Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Phase 2 should have been on the launch patch.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jiih View Post
    i think your friend should find a job?

simple math shows that he already spent 3-4h every single day since release for lvling alone.
    I'm honestly curios as to how you came to the conclusion that he needs to find a job. Lets just take the sifts at my job for example, if I was to wake up at say, 8am, eat some food and start playing at 8:30, if I spent the next 4 hours playing I'd still have plenty of time time to eat again and get myself ready to leave home at 2pm for my 3pm shift.
    Shath'mag vwyq shu et'agthu, Shath'mag sshk ye! Krz'ek fhn'z agash zz maqdahl or'kaaxth'ma amqa!
    The Black Empire once ruled this pitiful world, and it will do so again! Your pitiful kind will know only despair and sorrow for a hundred thousand millennia to come!

it is gunna be pretty bland until p4, we did mc/ony last night in less than 3hrs it was maybe 2.5hrs tops. now there is pretty much no real need to log into the game until next sunday. phase 2 adds nothing to really improve this, bwl also is most likely not going to be much of a time waster, p4 zg and alt runs maybe then we'll see the game taking up 3-4 days in the week. mc/ony/bwl and zg +alt runs gib things to run.

Quote Originally Posted by CuriousCat View Post
    So as has been elaborated on the MMO-C front-page, the second phase of classic will begin before the end of 2019.

How do you feel about that in terms of pacing? Is it too fast for people who still aren't 60? Too slow for those who have already arrived? (and presumably are bored with MC).

I wonder how it bodes for future phases... We could be at phase 4 by this time next year...

(Tried to post a poll but couldn't?)
    not surprising seeing how 8.2.5 is basickly 0 content patch . they didnt even bother upping the emmisaries itlv meaning there is nothing to do in retail till 8.3.

10+ Year Old Account
    My guess is this.

Phase 2 late November.
    Phase 3 late Febuary.
    Phase 4 late July.
    Phase 5 Early December.
    Phase 6 May 2021.

Classic+ or TBC launching late 2021.

It never ceases to amaze me how many elitists browse these forums. Most people aren't "bored of onyxia / molten core" - most people are more than likely somewhere between 40-60 now, and probably making their way through Strat/UBRS. What you mean to say is, the more advanced and committed players are in MC/Ony.

The elite few (Not going to asspull a percentage, but it will be low) who have cleared MC/Ony are bored - and frankly they deserve to be. You've rushed the levelling process, rushed the gearing process and rushed the raiding process. Blizzard should not cater the game to you.

OT: December is probably the perfect time to release Phase 2. Phase 3 to be released sometime in Feb/March 2020.

Quote Originally Posted by Chickat View Post
    Classic+ or TBC launching late 2021.
    Classic+ already exists, it's called expansions and we have 7 of them. TBC legacy server is far more likely.

End of October would be perfect for P2, later is starting to get iffy. At least a thousand people have cleared MC on my server now, not just an elite few. I get that some people are still leveling up, but you can't expect the game to wait just for you.

It's early for those still leveling/just hitting 60 because layering will be removed, they won't get the liberty of farming nodes/mobs that everyone else got to make gold/make gear, if you're not 60 by P2 you'll be ganked constantly on apvp server for honor

Other than that no it's not early/late

Who cares if you're not 60, phase 2 is Dire Maul and a world boss, doesn't really matter

It is more than ok. What some people do not seem to realize is that most people are barely at lvl 40. Only one who complain about lack of content are minmax rushers and game should definitly not be tailored around them. It will take another month for them to hit max level and another few weeks to get gear.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by meroko View Post
    Classic+ already exists, it's called expansions and we have 7 of them. TBC legacy server is far more likely.
    People would rather not have old expansions. TBC can be fine but alredy have flying and lfg. Which is something what most people do not want in the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Warning View Post
    End of October would be perfect for P2, later is starting to get iffy. At least a thousand people have cleared MC on my server now, not just an elite few. I get that some people are still leveling up, but you can't expect the game to wait just for you.
    I don’t think anyone really expects the game to wait. Everyone knew going in that P2 and beyond was months out. Most people are fine with that and are leveling at their own pace. The people who seem to expect the game to come at their pace are the ones who rushed to 60, and have been clearing everything for weeks. And if you did rush, knowing how content was going to be laid out, that’s your fault.

havent logged into classic in over 2 weeks.

there is simple nothing to do, that doesnt bore me.

killed rag once, bored
    killed ony once, bored
    did some ganking and wpvp, the only remotly engaging content if the other faction plays ball
    maxlvl dungeons, boooored

i dont even have pre-bis raid, but im not logging back until at least the honor system is online and people are acutally engaging in pvp

The Patient
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Netherblood View Post
    I don't personally play, but my friend who does says its way too late. At this point he is really bored, he just raids for 2 hours a week and then logs off and thats it, he is full pre-raid BiS. Even then you don't really need dungeon bis to clear raids.

He is also worried that Phase 2 has almost no content, he thinks P3 needs to be a month after P2 or something because the game really needs BGs, and also more than a month of people camping flight path for PVP ranks will make a lot of people quit.
    Theres plenty of pvp to be had already.

Probably suggest to anyone bored already that they resub in phase 6. It won't be worth a months sub for the one or two clears of BWL/ZG or AQ before you get bored then, so may as well sub in p6 and do it all in the one month.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

Timing is fine, i just hope they dont rush BWL too much. i want my gear set finished from mc/ony/DM/pvp first.

Quote Originally Posted by Elias01 View Post
    People would rather not have old expansions.
    Who made you spokesperson for classic communities?

Last I checked, "classic is cool but I'd prefer TBC" was a pretty popular opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Elias01 View Post
    TBC can be fine but alredy have flying and lfg. Which is something what most people do not want in the game.
    Nobody ever said TBC was perfect. Every expac has its flaws.

Also "lfg" what? TBC's group finder interface is literally the same thing as Vanilla's meeting stones, except it works better because you can see who is in the queue and message them.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by AeneasBK View Post
    Probably suggest to anyone bored already that they resub in phase 6. It won't be worth a months sub for the one or two clears of BWL/ZG or AQ before you get bored then, so may as well sub in p6 and do it all in the one month.
    There's no way you could possibly go from preraid/MC gear to Naxx-ready gear levels in 1 month unless you were being funneled gear every raid.

Quote Originally Posted by Heathy View Post
    it is gunna be pretty bland until p4
    Yup, exactly. Not even bothering subscribing until then, even though I'm a pretty big vanilla fan. I mean it's unlikely I'll have the gear then to join a top-end guild, but maybe I could get in with my experience, or join a lower end guild as a bridge to the higher-end ones. If I don't find any guild that's okay too, I'm happy with a bit of PvP in the BGs.

It's a bit too fast. Christmas is not good time for such content. January would be 100 times better.

Quote Originally Posted by Babadoo View Post
    It's a bit too fast. Christmas is not good time for such content. January would be 100 times better.
    Lots of people have vacations / time off from work around Christmas/New Year's.

Also, the content is literally just 3 dungeons and a couple world bosses, not a raid.