Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Darththeo View Post
    Especially given how the Alliance gets to have all the things together.
    Honestly, I thought Horde players were kidding when they said the city was a fucking mess. I originally thought the entire set of amenities would be distributed across the length of the city's hillscape. Then I hop on my Horde character and find its LITERALLY SPLIT down the fucking middle, with half of it a giant zone across the way.

Fucking terrible design entirely. who the fuck puts half a city across a zone and thinks that's a good idea?
    Fod Sparta los wuth, ahrk okaaz gekenlok kruziik himdah, dinok fent kos rozol do daan wah jer do Samos. Ahrk haar do Heracles fent motaad, fah strunmah vonun fent yolein ko yol

Quote Originally Posted by Shakana View Post
    WoD - Garrisons + portal to Ashran + HS to Garrison
    I don't recall having to use a 20-minute cooldown to avoid a 5 minute flight to get from one end of Dazar'alor to the other.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Lothaeryn View Post
    Honestly, I thought Horde players were kidding when they said the city was a fucking mess. I originally thought the entire set of amenities would be distributed across the length of the city's hillscape. Then I hop on my Horde character and find its LITERALLY SPLIT down the fucking middle, with half of it a giant zone across the way.

Fucking terrible design entirely. who the fuck puts half a city across a zone and thinks that's a good idea?
    Someone who expects people to quest and unlock the totems that take you all over the city, including from the scrapper to the port, in seconds. But that's too much work, I guess.

I don't mind it, but I only use it occasionally on an alt. Boralus is my favorite city outside of Ironforge, and it saddens me that they jammed everything in an area the size of a football field. I love big cities, and they were so close with Boralus, but stuffed it up in the end.

[Banhammer, Kungen's Bane]

1.60 sp mace
    150 str
    268 sta
    77 defense
    80 dodge
    93 parry
    "As you look upon the mace, you hear the whining of a thousand fanboys. Something deep with in your soul makes it impossible to think anything but 'lol.'"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by cparle87 View Post
    I don't recall having to use a 20-minute cooldown to avoid a 5 minute flight to get from one end of Dazar'alor to the other.

- - - Updated - - -

Someone who expects people to quest and unlock the totems that take you all over the city, including from the scrapper to the port, in seconds. But that's too much work, I guess.
    If you read what I wrote, you'd notice I do not main a Horde character, but I guess I should expect unsubstantiated hostility for no fucking reason
    Fod Sparta los wuth, ahrk okaaz gekenlok kruziik himdah, dinok fent kos rozol do daan wah jer do Samos. Ahrk haar do Heracles fent motaad, fah strunmah vonun fent yolein ko yol

The layout used to piss me off too at the start because I had a hard time remembering where everything was. Now it's not so bad, mostly because I teleport around:
    - Yes, I teleport from docks to the upper part
    - I may take FP to go to docks or teleport with the 395 ring
    - I teleport to Mechagon with the item you can craft
    - I may teleport to Org room and take portal to Zandalar from there if everything is on CD
    Hearthstone is on 4 minutes so that helps. And flying. And being an enchanter so not scrapping stuff. Well. I like it more than I like Boralus, Boralus has everything in small enclosed spaces.

Facepalm, i'm talking about convenience.

Quote Originally Posted by faithbane View Post
    they added a fucking plank to make the jump easier because allies cried that they were missing the jump
    Even with the plank you can still miss the jump. Since they built a plank, why not build it all the way as a bridge? If you fall, you land behind some stupid boxes, just like before.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by det View Post

Fair points. Look out for threads how immersion is fucked in next x-pac when they listen to you and put everything very closely together ^^
    Wasn't Dalaran like this?

Quote Originally Posted by Vynx View Post
    I was dumbfounded to see that there's no ingredients vendor near the cooking trainer.
    And btw, there is one closer: the trade supplies WQ guy, close to the herbalism trainer.
    There's also one in Nazjatar. I find that one easier to get to.

If you read what I wrote, you'd notice I do not main a Horde character, but I guess I should expect unsubstantiated hostility for no fucking reason
    If you don't play Horde then why are you cussing and bitching about something that doesn't concern you based entirely on hearsay that's incorrect?

- - - Updated - - -

Facepalm, i'm talking about convenience.
    Less than one minute flight anywhere in Dazar'alor via the Pa'ku totems = much more convenience than anything getting from garrison and Ashran and back.

10+ Year Old Account
    If you don't play Horde then why are you cussing and bitching about something that doesn't concern you based entirely on hearsay that's incorrect?

- - - Updated - - -

Less than one minute flight anywhere in Dazar'alor via the Pa'ku totems = much more convenience than anything getting from garrison and Ashran and back.
    because god forbid someone not know about a simple workaround when not playing another faction, then your smug ass coming in here and blowing it out of proportion. Its one thing to correct someone, its another to insult someone's character for not knowing it.
    Last edited by Lothaeryn; 2019-10-07 at 07:22 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Darththeo View Post
    Especially given how the Alliance gets to have all the things together.
    While Boralus IS definitely the more convenient of the two, I do have one teeny-tiny, itty-bitty, massive complaint about it.

The fucking pet store.

My GOD is that dicky little hole-in-the-wall absolutely impossible to find. Especially after 8.2 launched and removed the pet store option from city guards.

- - - Updated - - -

Not really but i'm not going to discuss with someone like you about it, since you're just wanting to make your point of view of things the only point there is in this conversation.

Not really but i'm not going to discuss with someone like you about it, since you're just wanting to make your point of view of things the only point there is in this conversation.
    You're trying to argue that waiting for a 20 minute cooldown or 5 minute flight across a continent is somehow more convenient than being able to get between any two points in a city via totems in a minute or so. And then you try to pass it off as "not wanting to discuss it with someone like me", for no other reason than you don't have a leg to stand on?

You're trying to argue that waiting for a 20 minute cooldown or 5 minute flight across a continent is somehow more convenient than being able to get between any two points in a city via totems in a minute or so. And then you try to pass it off as "not wanting to discuss it with someone like me", for no other reason than you don't have a leg to stand on?
    I'm good thanks. Don't need to talk about it. Stay with your non-20 minutes idea. Don't bother me again on notifications.

because god forbid someone not know about a simple workaround when not playing another faction, then your smug ass coming in here and blowing it out of proportion. Its one thing to correct someone, its another to insult someone's character for not knowing it.
    This is what you wrote.

"Honestly, I thought Horde players were kidding when they said the city was a fucking mess. I originally thought the entire set of amenities would be distributed across the length of the city's hillscape. Then I hop on my Horde character and find its LITERALLY SPLIT down the fucking middle, with half of it a giant zone across the way.

Fucking terrible design entirely. who the fuck puts half a city across a zone and thinks that's a good idea?"

"fucking mess" "split down the fucking middle" "fucking terrible design" "who the fuck... thinks that's a good idea" You come onto these forums and spew off that kind of vitroil based on bogus hearsay, then get all uppy about "hostility" and claiming I'm attacking your character?

- - - Updated - - -

I'm good thanks. Don't need to talk about it. Stay with your non-20 minutes idea. Don't bother me again on notifications.
    I'm completely and totally wrong and don't have a leg to stand on with my argument so I'm going to play the victim, take my ball home and stop playing.

10+ Year Old Account
    This is what you wrote.

"Honestly, I thought Horde players were kidding when they said the city was a fucking mess. I originally thought the entire set of amenities would be distributed across the length of the city's hillscape. Then I hop on my Horde character and find its LITERALLY SPLIT down the fucking middle, with half of it a giant zone across the way.

Fucking terrible design entirely. who the fuck puts half a city across a zone and thinks that's a good idea?"

"fucking mess" "split down the fucking middle" "fucking terrible design" "who the fuck... thinks that's a good idea" You come onto these forums and spew off that kind of vitroil based on bogus hearsay, then get all uppy about "hostility" and claiming I'm attacking your character?
    Because Its still a fucking retarded design, whether or not a stopgap was designed to compensate or not is irrelevant to the point of this thread, which is to note how fucking dumb the layout of the town was to begin with. Even if there is a totem system, it would have been much easier to use a simpler layout than split the whole city into two locations, then ask the player to do a quest chain to unlock a simpler method of logistics. Especially considering the opposite faction literally has no correlating issues or quests that do similar things.

You then come in here and insult me over trivial shit to begin with. Instead of correcting my ignorance on the totem issue, you fucking go directly towards insulting me by calling me lazy? Oh im so fucking sorry i dont know every fucking minutia detail about a faction I rarely play at current content level. How dare I not know about a simple fucking quest that unlocks a hidden transport system until you do so.

That's you, a fucking tool who thinks hes somehow superior because he knows ONE THING and tries to chide someone else for not knowing it.

We're fucking done with this conversation, go fuck off somewhere else.

This is what you wrote.

- - - Updated - - -

I'm completely and totally wrong and don't have a leg to stand on with my argument so I'm going to play the victim, take my ball home and stop playing.
    I'm not forced to discuss things with whom i don't want. And you're literally someone i don't feel like talking about anything, when you just decide to pick up on one thing i said, and make it be about the time of travel rather than the convenience that it brought, WoD had housing and that you could do a lot of things inside garrison, you barely had to go Ashran, and that was even one of the most things people complained, that it felt solitary being at garrison, since you had all you needed there, even having a AH. No i don't want to talk about the time travelling, that's all the arguments you have to offer me. Really bored with that subject, so do me a favor and do as i asked, don't bother me more on notifications.

Because Its still a fucking retarded design, whether or not a stopgap was designed to compensate or not is irrelevant to the point of this thread, which is to note how fucking dumb the layout of the town was to begin with. Even if there is a totem system, it would have been much easier to use a simpler layout than split the whole city into two locations, then ask the player to do a quest chain to unlock a simpler method of logistics. Especially considering the opposite faction literally has no correlating issues or quests that do similar things.

You then come in here and insult me over trivial shit to begin with. Instead of correcting my ignorance on the totem issue, you fucking go directly towards insulting me by calling me lazy? Oh im so fucking sorry i dont know every fucking minutia detail about a faction I rarely play at current content level. How dare I not know about a simple fucking quest that unlocks a hidden transport system until you do so.

That's you, a fucking tool who thinks hes somehow superior because he knows ONE THING and tries to chide someone else for not knowing it.

We're fucking done with this conversation, go fuck off somewhere else.
    "Wah, Blizz everything is so boring now give us something immersive."
    "Ok, here's a huge, beautiful city with an interesting method of getting around."
    "Wah, Blizz your city design sucks why can't everything be quick and easy to get to."

- - - Updated - - -

I'm not forced to discuss things with whom i don't want. And you're literally someone i don't feel like talking about anything, when you just decide to pick up on one thing i said, and make it be about the time of travel rather than the convenience that it brought, WoD had housing and that you could do a lot of things inside garrison, you barely had to go Ashran, and that was even one of the most things people complained, that it felt solitary being at garrison, since you had all you needed there, even having a AH. No i don't want to talk about the time travelling, that's all the arguments you have to offer me. Really bored with that subject, so do me a favor and do as i asked, don't bother me more on notifications.
    Says the conversation is about the convenience not the travel time. Wut? This is what you wrote.

"After so many years used to stuff close together:
    WOTLK - Dalaran.
    MoP - Shrine
    Legion - New dalaran seeing players from both factions, and such freedom to even mess with them, reduced to...

THIS."

You are somehow trying to argue that Dazar'alor is more inconvenient when you can get to anything in less than a minute than having to go back and forth across the entire continent if you forgot something. And trying to tell me I'm not seeing the point. And then when you get questions, you clam up with "I don't want to talk to you anymore" and trying to play a victim.

The design of Dazar'alor compared to Boralus, is extremely bad and poorly well done. If you have stuff to compare you will always compare it, regardless.
    We are right to "cry" about it, since we have a comparison of cities, that one provides everything closer, and the other goes to extreme spread apart.
    What if we want to have same advantages on our city that alliance has? While we need to go down after HS, to even idk, change traits on azerite, alliance HS (imagine this on a raiding scenario and they summon you back) alliance just HS has transmog right there and all. While we take minutes to go down, alliance takes seconds.

- - - Updated - - -

"Wah, Blizz everything is so boring now give us something immersive."
    "Ok, here's a huge, beautiful city with an interesting method of getting around."
    "Wah, Blizz your city design sucks why can't everything be quick and easy to get to."

- - - Updated - - -

Says the conversation is about the convenience not the travel time. Wut? This is what you wrote.

"After so many years used to stuff close together:
    WOTLK - Dalaran.
    MoP - Shrine
    Legion - New dalaran seeing players from both factions, and such freedom to even mess with them, reduced to...

THIS."

You are somehow trying to argue that Dazar'alor is more inconvenient when you can get to anything in less than a minute than having to go back and forth across the entire continent if you forgot something. And trying to tell me I'm not seeing the point. And then when you get questions, you clam up with "I don't want to talk to you anymore" and trying to play a victim.
    Dude, can you just shut up? I said I DON'T WANT TO ANSWER TO YOU. Move on. "Playing victim", man grow the hell up.

- - - Updated - - -

I'm going to block you, don't want to see anything from you.