Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Games are for fun.
    Playing a game is not "work." You don't "progress" towards anything. It's not real.
    Are you having fun? If yes, you're doing it right.
    Are you overcome by anxiety about the future? You're taking it too seriously.
    It's not real.
    The moment I stop having fun, I log off. If it keeps happening, I take a long break/unsub.

i disagree that there is not much to do in classic, my problem is i have done it all multiple times and guildies are now all in classic. il just go back and forth i guess. i like a lot of the thing about classic. wish retail was classic with lfr/lfr.

Quote Originally Posted by schwarzkopf View Post
    Yeah - level 70, then 80, then 85 and 90 and 100 and 110 and 120 come next.

However - I was referring to within the classic experience, at level 60 - there is nothing left to do.

Unless you stick around to spend hours each night in Ironforge begging for a spot in a dungeon or raid....
    "Hours each night in Ironforge begging for a spot in a dungeon or raid..." Sounds like youre vanilla experience was pretty lonely.. Ever try making some friends or joining a guild?

Quote Originally Posted by Pawstruck View Post
    Games are for fun.
    Playing a game is not "work." You don't "progress" towards anything. It's not real.
    Are you having fun? If yes, you're doing it right.
    Are you overcome by anxiety about the future? You're taking it too seriously.
    It's not real.
    The moment I stop having fun, I log off. If it keeps happening, I take a long break/unsub.
    progress noun
    prog·​ress | \ ˈprä-grəs , -ˌgres, US also and British usually ˈprō-ˌgres\
    Definition of progress (Entry 1 of 2)
    1a(1) : a royal journey marked by pomp and pageant
    (2) : a state procession
    b : a tour or circuit made by an official (such as a judge)
    c : an expedition, journey, or march through a region
    2 : a forward or onward movement (as to an objective or to a goal)

Quote Originally Posted by Eugenik View Post
    Ever try making some friends or joining a guild?
    That's exactly what I was doing in IF, trying to get raid experience so I could get into a guild.

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

Quote Originally Posted by dipzz View Post
    This guy hasn't done MC or Ony yet, so ignore him. Once you hit 60 there's lots to do, you just don't walk into raid, you need to farm your pre raid BIS, farm gold/items for raid and personal use, get your epic mount. Soon P2 will be out which will introduce honor.

But anyways, if you're only 32 and already questioning if you should quit, you should just quit, 32 isn't eve the half mark, 45-60 has more XP than 1-45
    So you're basically asking if you should bother keep going before you're even half way which means when/IF you even do get to 50, you'll probably quit.

Save your time, Classic is easy, if you can't get 60 in classic you should just leave.
    yeah thisi s someone who hasnt even stepped into MC or ony yet.

got all the way to final 2 in MC with 35 people, 10 of them sub 60
    got rag down, 40 people 8 of them sub 60
    got ony down 40 people 11 sub 60 first pull

few of us used consumeables, most of us just used the weaker ones
    you dont need to farm pre raid bis
    were a fucking rp server, all of us having never met eachother before, did it on very start of third week of classic.

stop pretending.

Honestly, from what i've seen at 60, i don't think there's much to do outside of raiding. If you don't plan to join a guild to raid, there's really not much of an endgame in this game.

It's even pretty hard finding dungeon groups on my server tbh because all the 60s seem to have finished grinding their gear already.
    Last edited by bmjclark; 2019-10-07 at 06:16 AM.

I don't think "classic" will get expansions. I think classic will stay the way it is and maybe later there will be "burning crusade servers" and the like (if things work out well enough in classic over time).

This guy hasn't done MC or Ony yet, so ignore him. Once you hit 60 there's lots to do, you just don't walk into raid, you need to farm your pre raid BIS, farm gold/items for raid and personal use, get your epic mount. Soon P2 will be out which will introduce honor.

But anyways, if you're only 32 and already questioning if you should quit, you should just quit, 32 isn't eve the half mark, 45-60 has more XP than 1-45
    So you're basically asking if you should bother keep going before you're even half way which means when/IF you even do get to 50, you'll probably quit.

Save your time, Classic is easy, if you can't get 60 in classic you should just leave.
    The first part of this is a load of nonsense. It took me a grand total of 3 days (of granted, extremely active play) to get my full pre raid BiS. Im 100g or so off my epic mount (which btw, you don't need to raid so who cares). You don't need consumables for MC or Ony because both are extremely easy.

The second part is probably pretty accurate though.

Quote Originally Posted by Raone View Post
    Right if they choose to make TBC servers it'll be easier to start from the 1.12 client, didn't ignore at all. If they upgraded any Classic server into TBC the amount of rage that would happen would be crazy. Maybe server trasnfers/character copies to a TBC server of the same name? sure, but the moment they upgrade it to TBC every classic, nost, vanilla fanboi on that server would rage as all their progress is dead. They won't do it because the classic community won't let them as they are the main reason these servers exist in the first place.
    The general theme I've seen, and quotes seem to support it, is that no classic server will swap to TBC. IF TBC happens, there will be new servers opened up, and a free migration from classic will likely happen. Classic will still be there for those that want it, and TBC will be an option for those that are bored of classic.

Quote Originally Posted by arkanon View Post
    They also said they chose 1.12 to make the transition to tbc easier. The number of people who ignore that quote is mind-blowing.
    So? How does that contradict what you replied to? It makes easier the transition to the TBC servers. Classic servers won't get expansions, because that kills the whole purpose of them: existing classic game.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by schwarzkopf View Post
    Unless you stick around to spend hours each night in Ironforge begging for a spot in a dungeon or raid....
    Endless dungeon runs with randoms mocking you for reserving items in your group and calling you "ninja" for that. Good times. Certainly worth it.

- - - Updated - - -

Oh shit i wonder how people were in MC at level 58 then without their full "pre raid BIS"

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by bmjclark View Post
    The first part of this is a load of nonsense. It took me a grand total of 3 days (of granted, extremely active play) to get my full pre raid BiS.
    What a load of bullshit. First you imply that pre-raid BIS is a requirement to get into MC and Ony, now you claim to have your pre-raid BIS in 3 days? I'm not buying it, unless you had 9 people gearing you up and running you through UBRS/LBRS/BRD 24/7 and providing you with mats to craft.
    Last edited by Charge me Doctor; 2019-10-07 at 07:01 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyphael View Post
    I'm a big spender. I don't like to be cheap when it comes to learning new spells and ranks.
    Not some much about grinding then and more about saving.
    READ and be less Ignorant.

Quote Originally Posted by Charge me Doctor View Post
    What a load of bullshit. First you imply that pre-raid BIS is a requirement to get into MC and Ony, now you claim to have your pre-raid BIS in 3 days? I'm not buying it, unless you had 9 people gearing you up and running you through UBRS/LBRS/BRD 24/7 and providing you with mats to craft.
    1) Where did i even imply it's a requirement? It's absolutely not but you might as well run dungeons if you can get upgrades from them.
    2) I ran dungeons for roughly 12 hours a day with my guild (not normal play i grant) and got decently lucky with drops. You don't need to craft anything as a warrior tank, just buy 3 BoEs for roughly a total of 400g on my server then get drops from ubrs/strat/lbrs/scholo. I will grant, i already had force of will and hand of justice when i hit 60 from running BRD as I leveled.

I grant though, full pre raid BiS as a rogue or a fury warrior is probably a little more time consuming. Fortunately, MC and Ony are both extremely easy so you dont even need full pre raid BiS.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by bmjclark View Post
    1) Where did i even imply it's a requirement? It's absolutely not but you might as well run dungeons if you can get upgrades from them.
    2) I ran dungeons for roughly 12 hours a day with my guild (not normal play i grant) and got decently lucky with drops. You don't need to craft anything as a warrior tank, just buy 3 BoEs for roughly a total of 400g on my server then get drops from ubrs/strat/lbrs/scholo. I will grant, i already had force of will and hand of justice when i hit 60 from running BRD as I leveled.

I grant though, full pre raid BiS as a rogue or a fury warrior is probably a little more time consuming. Fortunately, MC and Ony are both extremely easy so you dont even need full pre raid BiS.
    You said that you "need to farm your pre raid BIS". Using word "need" then saying that you didn't imply that it's a requirement is kinda ridiculous. Because when people say that they need something it means literal definition of the world need.
    Oh, sorry, i just realized that i was quiting the wrong guy here

That's you being extremely lucky i suppose, because out of 4 people i keep communicating with (1 hunter and 3 warriors) none of them managed to farm savage gladiator chain yet, doing dedcated arena runs with dibs on it on a daily basis, with about 100+ runs each. And that's just ONE bis piece. Having both HoJ and FoW is also very lucky considering the demand on HoJ. Unless, off course, it wasn't a dedicated attempt to gear you up first, but if that's the case you should't be bragging about group effort like it was your effort

My point is - there is no way you are getting your full pre-raid BIS in just 3 days without running a group of players to gear you up, or without some voodoo shit involved
    Last edited by Charge me Doctor; 2019-10-07 at 07:26 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SkagenRora View Post
    Off topic sorry, But this is exactly why i stopped playing Anthem half way through the game, A lot of people on reddit etc said that end game was in a very bad state.. so i just stopped since i diden't want to spend more time into it until end game was fixed (which it still hasen't been)
    You not heard ?? Anthem is dead
    Geme smtn 2 kielllllll.

Quote Originally Posted by Charge me Doctor View Post

That's you being extremely lucky i suppose, because out of 4 people i keep communicating with (1 hunter and 3 warriors) none of them managed to farm savage gladiator chain yet, doing dedcated arena runs with dibs on it on a daily basis, with about 100+ runs each. And that's just ONE bis piece. Having both HoJ and FoW is also very lucky considering the demand on HoJ. Unless, off course, it wasn't a dedicated attempt to gear you up first, but if that's the case you should't be bragging about group effort like it was your effort

My point is - there is no way you are getting your full pre-raid BIS in just 3 days without running a group of players to gear you up, or without some voodoo shit involved
    Yea, like i said: in fairness, warrior tank is probably one of the easiest BiS lists to acquire and i wasn't really thinking about that until after I posted. The only somewhat hard piece to acquire is FoW/HoJ and I already had both. It really wasn't a dedicated group to gear me, it's just tanks don't really compete with anyone for gear in most slots.

Not every game has to be "finished" to be worth it. If you're enjoying your time playing, then play it. If you're not having fun then don't. No matter what the game it is an extreme minority who get some sort of extrinsic reward. There is no big pay off at the end to make the game worth it. There is only the here and now and the fun you are or are not having.

Quote Originally Posted by enigma77 View Post
    at lvl 60 there is nothing to do

mc and ony are pushovers that you can clear in 2 hours
    You get ready for phase 2. Phase 2 you start killing the other faction in STV like crazy.
    Honestly it's much better to clear the 2 raids under 4h than having to log twice per week to wipe 4h straight on the same god damn mythic boss.
    Imo (my experiene after raiding every xpac) raiding has never been really fun for more than 2-3 weeks. We go there to get rewarded. With the rewards (better gear) you get to enjoy the game better (doing WPVP or BGs or professions or whatever). If you don't enjoy the "other things of the game" then you'll get bored in both classic and retail. Imo retail is way worst because of the scaling pvp system as it makes your rewards feel useless.

Quote Originally Posted by lordzed83 View Post
    You not heard ?? Anthem is dead
    Well, since i haven't launched/played anthem in the past 7 months i woulden't really been aware of that fact.