Page 1 of 12
... LastLast

Why are Moonkins so persecuted and few?

So I was in BRD runs and a Moonkin was getting harassed by our healer saying the moonkin was a waste of a group slot and telling the moonkin to reroll Resto if she ever wanted a group.
    She told him that she likes playing the game how she wanted before getting kicked and the healer told me and others to blacklist her.

She was topping dps chart though. Why do people hate moonkins so much?

Quote Originally Posted by BrianCa View Post
    So I was in BRD runs and a Moonkin was getting harassed by our healer saying the moonkin was a waste of a group slot and telling the moonkin to reroll Resto if she ever wanted a group.
    She told him that she likes playing the game how she wanted before getting kicked and the healer told me and others to blacklist her.

Because they ran oom fast if the fight lasts too long.

I wonder if they had infinite mana, could they be able to dps like a mage? (Same questions for Shaman elem?)

sounds like that healer needs the blacklist.
    Quote Originally Posted by blobbydan View Post
    We're all doomed. Let these retards shuffle the chairs on the titanic. They can die in a safe space if they want to... Whatever. What a miserable joke this life is. I can't wait until it's all finally over and I can return to the sweet oblivion of the void.

because oomkins were called that for a reason.

10+ Year Old Account
    But since this wasnt a raid, how does it matter how they perform in them?

In this case your healer is the problem and not the Moonkin. Who's that healer to judge? Gosh, those people ruin Classic. I'd rather blacklist that healer than the Moonkin.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

WoW, that's some kind of douches there. I mean, ONE douche that is normal, but if they got enough to actually KICK someone from the group, that's just silly.

How did the boomkin end up in the group to begin with? I mean, did they think she'd play feral?

Anyway, hugs and love to the boomkin. What idiots...

my question is why are you grouping with people like that? the moment that moonkin got kicked i would have left and put the leader on ignore.

Quote Originally Posted by Soimu View Post
    my question is why are you grouping with people like that? the moment that moonkin got kicked i would have left and put the leader on ignore.
    Plot twist: OP was the healer.

Quote Originally Posted by Specialka View Post
    Because they ran oom fast if the fight lasts too long.

I wonder if they had infinite mana, could they be able to dps like a mage? (Same questions for Shaman elem?)
    Probably better for ele shaman. At least at the start. I think Lightning Bolt hits quite a bit higher than Frostbolt in similar gear.

But yeah, running oom in 30 seconds, either makes them nearly useless on long fights or means that they have to constantly drink in instances which means either nearly useless or having the group wait all the time.
    Warlock soloing https://www.youtube.com/user/Firedemon012 (old & abandoned)

Quote Originally Posted by Soimu View Post
    Pretty much this.

I would have left the group and invitet the moonkin to start a new group.

I mean, he's not wrong...is he a dick? yes..is he wrong? no.

Why take a boomkin who will do sub par damage,have to drink after every pull,bring no real form of CC and only offers Ranged crit change. When you could bring a mage who does more dmg, can make food/water, CC, best AOE dmg in the game(Which makes dngs go faster), solid ST dmg, Int buff and portals for after. A warlock who brings solid ST and AOE, healthstones, A battle rez, summons just incase, CC, Blood pact stamins bonus and a Voidwalker incase the tanks having issues.

The fact is, you can say what he did about a lot of classes. Why bring a ret when you can bring a rogue? People warned players this would happen, you need to just accept it if you're going to go down that path and play a spec that is seen as 1 spec only(Paladins,Shaman,Druids are all seen as healers and only healers) and not get your feelings hurt when people call you out on it.
    As a mage, i'd love a boomkin in our raids for the crit buff. I wouldn't take one to a dng though

Quote Originally Posted by Lyrel8490 View Post
    Pretty much this.

I would have left the group and invitet the moonkin to start a new group.
    Would have done the same

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Healer sounds like an asshole.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Eggroll View Post
    WoW, that's some kind of douches there. I mean, ONE douche that is normal, but if they got enough to actually KICK someone from the group, that's just silly.

How did the boomkin end up in the group to begin with? I mean, did they think she'd play feral?

Anyway, hugs and love to the boomkin. What idiots...
    It's Classic. Premade groups. If the Healer was the Leader he could kick without anyone requiring being asked.

Clearly the healer was the problem not the moonkin.

Quote Originally Posted by dipzz View Post
    I mean, he's not wrong... ..is he wrong? no.
    yes he is.

bring no real form of CC
    since when is rooting not a "real" forn of cc?

As a mage, i'd love a boomkin in our raids for the crit buff. I wouldn't take one to a dng though
    people like this are the problem in classic. not the player of the moonkin.

Same problem as enhancement shaman. They just run out of mana too fast. Whist they have mana they are fine ( and enhancement are gods ) but it just runs out too quick and they have shit regen. You could prob wing it with mana/5 gear lower rank spells and potions and stuff but then you would be too far behind the other caster. They work in TBC as 3% hit is just so good, that 3% hit offsets the shit dps.

There gear also sucks , even into TBC they have to wear cloth.
    Power corrupts, unlimited power... is even more fun!

Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    In this case your healer is the problem and not the Moonkin. Who's that healer to judge? Gosh, those people ruin Classic. I'd rather blacklist that healer than the Moonkin.
    No, its people who want to play meme specs ruin classic. Why someone want to boost usefull dps in dungeon run ?

Quote Originally Posted by tmamass View Post
    since when is rooting not a "real" forn of cc?
    a) roots is useless vs casters
    b) roots are not usable indoors (aka 90% of all dungeons)

the healer is a dick though ...

Every spec that doesn't do well in the cutting edge raid scene (which doesn't exist in classic yet) is persecuted by idiots throughout the entire game.

"You're a ret? Useless. You're a boomy? Useless. You're arcane? Useless. You're sub? Useless."

People that say this and other examples are toxic garbage. Most of these asswipes are also never going to be in a cutting edge raid either. Every single talent configuration is "viable" in every part of the game that isn't a raid boss.

Your healer should be blacklisted.
    Last edited by Kanegasi; 2019-10-07 at 09:50 AM.
    Originally Posted by Zarhym (Blue Tracker)
    this thread is a waste of internet

before getting kicked and the healer told me and others to blacklist her.
    lol, classic community so great

(the healer was an asshole)