Page 1 of 8
... LastLast

Any regrets over rolling a certain race/class and why?

Have any of you had any regrets so far over the race and/or class you picked for Classic?

If so, what are those regrets exactly? Have you rerolled because of it? Would be interesting to know.

Can't imagine there being a lot regretting their choice for an old game with plenty of time to plan well in advance knowing what they want to go as with regards to race...

Absolutely loving my choice. Nelf hunter. I'm sure I get instantly judged because most ppl prob assume I'm 15 with this combo, but it's been great so far. With a cat pet, we can both stealth so I can afk whenever I need. Maybe lost 2 battles in world pvp cause hunters are pretty good. Except for spell cleave runs I've had no problems getting into groups. Great solo experience, and in groups i either top meters or very close to the top. Fd trap is mostly fixed so no problems there either. Also a lot of fun standing near the healer and pulling mobs off of them and back towards the tank, or ccing them to help out.

The only thing I regret is I wasted my time for and old game like this. Blizzard had right. You think you but you don't.

Pandaren Monk
    5+ Year Old Account
    Nope.

I rolled a dwarf warrior (basically just a copy of my main on live WoW) and recently passed level 40. Warriors are a pain in the ass to level in Classic, but I mained a warrior for 15 years on live WoW (including reaching 60 in Classic), so I went in with my expectations set.

I do kind of feel sorry for some of those people who were like "YEAH MAN I'M GONNA STEAMROLL EVERYONE LIKE THE WARRIORS IN THOSE PVP VIDEOS MAN IT'LL BE GREAT LOL" but didn't realize that getting to that point is a very long road. Some of those probably started having regrets by around level 20.

Quote Originally Posted by Tarx View Post
    The only thing I regret is I wasted my time for and old game like this. Blizzard had right. You think you but you don't.
    Thank you for your constructive input to the thread.

On topic:

I've bounced around a few times, I've gotten 4 characters to 30+ so far.
    Re-roll reasons have included:

Everyone I was with quit so I swapped servers to join some irl friends
    a constant back and forth between hunter and mage for which class I feel like playing that day. Probably going to end up with a 60 of both lol.

Only issue with race I have is that I like both orc and troll for my hunter, but can only be one D:

Quote Originally Posted by zoddzero View Post
    Have any of you had any regrets so far over the race and/or class you picked for Classic?

If so, what are those regrets exactly? Have you rerolled because of it? Would be interesting to know.
    Quited a hunter az lvl48 and and leveled a warlock to 60 instead.

- I regret making my warlock an orc. Everytime I get feared by a priest I want to break my keyboard and start over with an undead.
    - Warrior. Very nice but remember that it is superrr frustrating and it sucks in PVP. Very unreliable. You see a target, you can either charge and crit half his health in a second and then miss the next 4 attacks till you die.

Dwarf Priest, and I have regrets every day. It seems that everyone made one, it's easily the third most popular class on Kromcrush alliance besides mage and warrior. Which kind of makes it a drag to get a group, people are usually looking for tanks or even dps over heals. I've run several dungeons as DPS since they already had a healer.

That being said, solo leveling is pretty easy. I'm almost 56, and haven't even bothered to respec out of shadow because of the aforementioned healer overpopulation. I healed a BRD Emp run last night as shadow though, wasn't especially hard, even with 3 melee soaking up damage. I assume this won't fly in raids...but on the other hand, the raids don't seem to be all that tough...

I might just get this guy to 60 and use him to melt people in pvp. Toying with a hunter, lock, and warrior alts.

My regret: Herbalism as anything other than a tauren druid. Easy enough to fix but it completely slipped my mind the mountain silversage, plaguebloom and icecap are orange at even 305 erbing.
    The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts.

Quote Originally Posted by Cidzor View Post
    Nope.

I rolled a dwarf warrior (basically just a copy of my main on live WoW) and recently passed level 40. Warriors are a pain in the ass to level in Classic, but I mained a warrior for 15 years on live WoW (including reaching 60 in Classic), so I went in with my expectations set.

I do kind of feel sorry for some of those people who were like "YEAH MAN I'M GONNA STEAMROLL EVERYONE LIKE THE WARRIORS IN THOSE PVP VIDEOS MAN IT'LL BE GREAT LOL" but didn't realize that getting to that point is a very long road. Some of those probably started having regrets by around level 20.
    Just so you know, my warrior has engineering. It is still not very reliable. I have frost reflect and shadow reflect. Charge a mage and cast it right away so he nova on himself and when he blinks, you intercept stun 3sec. He should die if not he will gain range and cast then i throw a dynamite. I also have the helm from uldaman that makes me charge on them. I should be good to beat mages eh? No, I often miss 2-3 attacks in a row (vs players my level) and missing 3 attacks with a 3.6 sec weapon speed is like being stunned for 10.2 seconds.

I wanted to be enha shaman. on lvl 60 i noticed there is no epic gear for that class from raids (only weapons). I will have to play resto. Have to lvl up warlock now for pvp and get raid gear. (dont want to grind rank 14 on shaman to have gear)

None I love my orc hunter named Dakkadakka.
    Do you hear the voices too?

Quote Originally Posted by ellieg View Post
    Absolutely loving my choice. Nelf hunter. I'm sure I get instantly judged because most ppl prob assume I'm 15 with this combo, but it's been great so far. With a cat pet, we can both stealth so I can afk whenever I need. Maybe lost 2 battles in world pvp cause hunters are pretty good. Except for spell cleave runs I've had no problems getting into groups. Great solo experience, and in groups i either top meters or very close to the top. Fd trap is mostly fixed so no problems there either. Also a lot of fun standing near the healer and pulling mobs off of them and back towards the tank, or ccing them to help out.
    lol I never never never run a dungeon with a hunter. And im not the only one. To begin with they need on everyfuckin thing: stamina, strenght, agility, intelect, cloth, leather, mail, ranged weapons, staff, daggers, swords, maces, axes, polearm you name it.
    Their pet aggro everything, they keep making mistakes and they always go AFK. I swear I feel like everytime somebody logs on their hunter, their IQ drops during that session.

Nope, I got it wrong my first go around but made sure I got it right in Classic.

Human Warlock.

Quote Originally Posted by lummiuster View Post
    lol I never never never run a dungeon with a hunter. And im not the only one. To begin with they need on everyfuckin thing: stamina, strenght, agility, intelect, cloth, leather, mail, ranged weapons, staff, daggers, swords, maces, axes, polearm you name it.
    Their pet aggro everything, they keep making mistakes and they always go AFK. I swear I feel like everytime somebody logs on their hunter, their IQ drops during that session.
    Ya theres a lot of bad hunters, just like theres a lot of bad mages right now. But theres definitely a high skill ceiling for good hunters. If you've never been in a group with a good one, you're missing out. Also, I only roll on agi gear, i have growl turned off, dismiss pet before jumps, micro the fuck outta my pet, and only multishot once aggro is established. Luckily when you level fast, you only group with other fast levelers who arent ignorant and understand what each class can do. Gotten multiple friend requests from group members who were impressed

I used to play Warlock in Vanilla and wanted to play kitty druid DPS in Classic. Despite sometimes topping DPS in dungeons with pugs as deep cat i did not find any raiding guild willing to adopt a kitty. You don't even get a chance to proove them wrong about cats.

Because of that i gave up on PVE as Feral and gave a go to the ultimate meme spec to test it out (Oomkin). And for pvp / dungeon soloing / gold farming i absolutly love it. More than deep feral. I know i will never get a guild with it though. My pvp server is meta only / min max. They don't like challenge and want fast loot.

So regrets? Not really no. It did not go as planned but i am loving the ganking in WPVP on my chubby moon/root spamming chocobo.
    Last edited by Gratlim; 2019-10-07 at 02:30 PM.

- I regret making my warlock an orc. Everytime I get feared by a priest I want to break my keyboard and start over with an undead.
    You're not happy to have Hardiness against stuns though?

You're not happy to have Hardiness against stuns though?
    He shouldn't even be getting feared by priests to begin with on normal situations. The average player playing orc doesn't even notice the amount of stuns they resist tho

Never had a single complain on my hunter there is bad players on all classes it's not exclusive to hunters.

I dismiss pet before jumps, turn growl off and don't pull anything before tanks do.
    Do you hear the voices too?