Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    I don't regret my hunter per se, but they are dull as fuck in anything outside of 5 mans.

for world content they are great. I get to use my whole range of abilities etc.. have great time.. in raids.. it is alot less fun.

but great farming etc etc.. so I can happily change classes if I want, knowing I've got a farming MACHINE to feed me gold etc
    "There are no substitutes for violence of action and volume of fire. Move forward and shoot, always forward and shooting. The enemy will choose to fight and die or live and run either way move forward and shoot and he will fear you absolutely."
    - Otto Skoernzy

Quote Originally Posted by Raldazzar View Post
    I don't regret my hunter per se, but they are dull as fuck in anything outside of 5 mans.

for world content they are great. I get to use my whole range of abilities etc.. have great time.. in raids.. it is alot less fun.

but great farming etc etc.. so I can happily change classes if I want, knowing I've got a farming MACHINE to feed me gold etc
    I feel like of all the dps classes, they are the most interesting in raids. Weaving aimed shots and multi shots around your autos is easy, but at least it's better than spamming frostbolt / shadowbolt lol

I have slight regrets in leveling a Warlock Vs the Paladin first, but im level 43 too late to turn back now. I am rested leveling my pally off and on as well I just hate not being able to heal. My good friend totally regrets leveling a Warrior he is 60 and has not played since hitting 60 2 weeks ago he now has a 36 hunter he is working on and plans to play that instead, he also regrets playing on a PVP server since he feels he is wasting time when he is getting ganked and claims it took him 1 week+ longer to get to 60.

Quote Originally Posted by zoddzero View Post
    You're not happy to have Hardiness against stuns though?
    25% is shit. Unreliable. It is only good against rogues, but rogues arent even a threat. If you have your voidwalker (buble) or succubus (charm him) you can survive the stun and then death coil to regain your healt, apply amplified agony/corruption/siphon life while running away and wait till he dies.
    Fighting priests or lock though.. the first one getting a full fear wins the duel.

Quote Originally Posted by lummiuster View Post
    25% is shit. Unreliable. It is only good against rogues, but rogues arent even a threat. If you have your voidwalker (buble) or succubus (charm him) you can survive the stun and then death coil to regain your healt, apply amplified agony/corruption/siphon life while running away and wait till he dies.
    Fighting priests or lock though.. the first one getting a full fear wins the duel.
    Shit? It's clearly the best PvP racial in Classic. Besides Rogues, it helps against stun grenades, Hammer of Justice, charge stuns etc.

Quote Originally Posted by ParanoiD84 View Post
    Never had a single complain on my hunter there is bad players on all classes it's not exclusive to hunters.

I dismiss pet before jumps, turn growl off and don't pull anything before tanks do.
    On my lock I got the staff in ZF stolen by a hunter saying that he needs the intelect for more mana, stamina and spell power for stronger arcane shots.
    On my priest I get the staff in SM library stolen by a hunter saying that he needs the intelect for mana, stamina and spirit for health and mana regen.
    On my warrior I got the 2h sword in RFD stolen by a hunter saying he needs the stats and often fight in melee.
    I also got lots of cloth items stolen by a hunter saying that this item gives better stats and that he doesnt need armor since he is ranged.
    Intelect/stamina ring? they will need. Agility/stamina ring? they will need.
    For fuck sake.. All of it kind of make sense but still... thus I never play with them anymore.

human warrior , would love to race change to gnom but hey what ever ^^

will make a gnom warrior on retail :P

No regrets on my UD rogue. On a PvP server, WotF is so, so nice. The key is figuring out when to prepop is to the kneejerk fear is completely negated and I can continue with my dps rotation losing no uptime, using crippling poison and of course improved sprint. Love UD Rogue, very fun class to play. You don't really have the mechanical advantages of the other classes, but the element of surprise can create some very unique and rewarding gameplay sessions in the open world. World PvP is a thrill to play, nothing is too easy, nothing is too hard(except maybe a SL warlock without proper consumables and trinkets equipped) and controlling the encounter is key. Gameplay is exceptionally fun.

Kinda wish I'd rolled my rogue as a dwarf and not a night elf; but mostly so I had an even spread of races across the classes.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

Quote Originally Posted by zoddzero View Post
    Shit? It's clearly the best PvP racial in Classic. Besides Rogues, it helps against stun grenades, Hammer of Justice, charge stuns etc.
    The warrior charge stun is 1 second. Rogue stun is a big thing but I can buble through it or seduce. Paladin lol
    As a warlock, you can beat warrior/palis/rogue without the help of any racial.
    But you can't beat a warlock or priest if they get a full fear on you.

10+ Year Old Account
    Loving my night elf druid. Especially knowing what the fuck im doing now. I leveled my druid basically balance all the way to 60 back in vanilla but playing as if I was a feral and wasn't using all my feral abilities the way they should. Having now like 13 years of experience with the game has made it super rewarding. I know feral isn't like one of the sought after classes but it feels good being able to play it "right".

Rolled an undead mage and have no real regrets. I do a lot more PvE than PvP so the troll racial might've been better for me, but I like the aethestics of undead more and I wanted to play in Tirisfal Glades.

Quote Originally Posted by lummiuster View Post
    No offense dude but you might not be the best warlock if you're losing to priests. The priest has to run up next to you to fear you, it lasts 8 seconds, breaks on the slightest damage, and has a 30 second cooldown. All you have to do is death coil him (fear ward does NOT stop death coilk) when he runs at you, fear him outta that (cast it twice if it's a dwarf), and dot him up. He'll be around 40% health when the fear breaks...IF it breaks at all.
    Last edited by phattsao; 2019-10-07 at 04:03 PM.

Only regret about being Mage is there is a Million mages and everyone needs tanks. Getting tier sets from raids will be a nightmare as mage

Dwarf Priest - Zero Regrets (lvl 32)

Human Rogue - Wish I would have made him a dwarf. (lvl 43)

Other than that, LOVE Classic!
    I'm the Dude. So that's what you call me. You know, that or, uh, His Dudeness, or uh, Duder, or El Duderino if you're not into the whole brevity thing.

Yeah - should've made my warlock Horde. I started with an orc hunter and then wanted to play the other faction on my second toon to mix things up. I figure if I'm still serious about pvp on my lock later on, server transfers should be coming.
    Leveling multiple toons and playing both faction simultaneously is a lot of fun though. First time doing that.

Nope, no regrets so far. Undead Priest here.

Only thing I am on the fence about is playing a healer to level up
    DPS would of been much quicker, but I am enjoying myself, and now it is my mission to hit 60 without going DPS spec.

Might try DPS later on however

Started out Classic as Hunter, got to 60 and then deleted it to roll warrior.
    Not looking back.

Nope, rolled an undead priest in vanilla and did so again in classic. I always preferred belfs but that's not an option and I like WOTF and devouring plague from undead, so.

EDIT: should add that there are a lot more healers around than I expected and thus it's a challenge to get a group through the at times but I solve that by making friends with lots of tanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by downnola View Post
    me: wow, why am I tired and feel like shit?
    body: coffee is not a meal, drink some water
    body: eat a vegetable.
    body: sleep
    me: I guess we'll never know
    body: oh my god.

Anyone that made a Nelf (and possibly human) priest should be feeling a shit ton of regret.